PDA

View Full Version : noobie questions

Iris Girl
February 1st, 2013, 08:41 AM
Hi all

Being new here to the forum and I am sure I am not alone all the group things sound so nice I would love to do some with you all...but not sure what it is I would need to do . The mug rug exchange sounds nice I would love to do that if some one will give me the details where to send one, also the pay it forward sounds interesting but I can't find any details as to what I do to join in the fun. maybe some one can make a sticky that lets all the noobies like myself get acquainted with all the fun swaps and how they work... or maybe I am just thick and don't understand... just a thought

HdWench
February 1st, 2013, 08:47 AM
Hi Iris -- Don't worry you'll catch on pretty quick :-)

^ Up there where it says on the Menu Bar

What's New --- Forum --- Groups -- The Groups are those you can "Join" like the Mug Rug Swap, the Secret Santa, Swap fabric Squares, or join to make a Quilt along for several reasons. Do you see the menu bar up there? Click on Groups and You'll see a list of them.

The Pay it Forward - well several just post a New Message saying.. the next number of folks who want a special something post -- Some Pay it Forward by sending fabric, some make little gifts for the 5, 10, what ever number you chose to Pay It Forward to -- Or if you see one that has begun, just post You'd Like in...

Do have fun and post again with any questions -- Tons of friendly folks day and night here

:-Debbie

Iris Girl
February 1st, 2013, 09:13 AM
yes I see the bar and I have joined the mug rug swap and will be working on mine... but how do I know who or where to send it? maybe this isn't my day and I am thick this morning sorry for the dumb questions Is there a size requirement on the mug rugs?

pcbatiks
February 1st, 2013, 10:08 AM
Hi Iris Girl,

Now that you have joined the Mug Rug Swap (right hand column) .........go back and click on Groups. In the center column under Recently Updated you will see Mug Rug Swap. Click on that one and scroll down the page. There are pictures that some have posted and underneath that is a list of threads and post with more details and info about that swap. I would go through and read all of those regularly.........that will give you all of the details you need about that swap.....such as cut off date, mailing date, who to mail to....etc. You can also comment and ask questions there is you want to. Any other groups you are interested in will be set up the same way as far as detailed info about each group. Hope this helps. Have fun!

Musical_Starling
February 2nd, 2013, 12:23 AM
Also, the mug rugs don't have to be any specific size, just in between a coaster and a placemat size. Basically, if it fits a mug and a few cookies, then it's the perfect size! And I will give you a name and address on February 15th so you can make your mug rug and ship it off to your buddy on March 1st :) Clear as mud?

Iris Girl
February 2nd, 2013, 07:23 AM
yes its all clear now and I am ready thinking about what fabric to use and all that jazz thanks so much , you people are all so freindly and helpful.

Granny Judy
February 2nd, 2013, 09:41 AM
We got another one Hooked!!! Love those Mug Rugs.... (even tho I didn't join the group.. I did make a bunch of them for Christmas Presents this year)

CrazyMtnLady
February 2nd, 2013, 11:03 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum...love it when we get another one addicted.......teehee...snicker snicker! Glad to have you with us.