PDA

View Full Version : Happy Town Fabrics and Quilt Contest

HdWench
January 31st, 2013, 07:23 PM
I contacted Missouri Star Quilt Co about this idea already but so everyone can SEE what this is about, you can download the Contest form on QuiltsForKids.org

Henry Glass and one of his designers have come out with a line of fabrics (a portion of the sales GOES to QuiltsForKids) called Happy town. I am hoping MSQC will get some layer cakes, charm packs, jelly rolls or even just these fabric in So we could make some beautiful Quilts for Kids AND maybe win $500 to get more MSQC fabric Whooo hooo

Ya'll know I learned how to Quilt by watching Jenny's Tut's on You-Tube only in November -- The only reason I wanted to learn how to make quilts, was so that I could make QuiltsForKids and raise funds for Animal rescue groups -- Now I'm ADDICTED to both quilting and pre-cuts so this idea sparked me to write MSQC and hope they will carry this cute Happy Town Fabric.

I hope everyone loves this fabric, and makes a QuiltsForKids (you can find a Local Chapter so you don't have to mail it into PA)...

Thanks for listening,

:-Debbie

kensington
January 31st, 2013, 11:59 PM
I did a search to find what it is you are talking about. The fabric, the quilts, etc. I hadn't heard of it before. Here is a link.
If you scroll down the page, the form to make quilts for kids is there.

http://henryglassfabrics.blogspot.com/2012/11/happy-town-for-quilts-for-kids.html

jennyann
February 1st, 2013, 02:16 AM
That is awesome! I will have to go to my LQS and pick some up when I get back to town.

Madeforyouinma11
February 1st, 2013, 03:55 AM
That's awesome! I am definitely getting in on this one. It's a win win....even if you don't win any money, your quilt is going to a child. Now I just need to find somewhere to buy the fabric.

HdWench
February 1st, 2013, 06:36 AM
Yes, I DO hope MSQ will carry this line -- For sure a Win Win! I adore making these smaller QuiltsForKids (((((((giving them all my love)))) in a fun quilt.

Ohhh please MSQ we want Happy Town :-) I think it's due to come out in February?

Debbie

Madeforyouinma11
February 1st, 2013, 08:26 AM
The site said that it would be in LQS in January but I haven't seen or heard of it until this thread.

HdWench
February 1st, 2013, 08:39 AM
Yes I've been looking online at tons of places I bookmarked from the FabShopHop - None have it yet... *sad face*

Wonder what the hold up is??

Winniesfriend
February 1st, 2013, 08:44 AM
The fabric is so cute, I saw the fabric at The Fat Quarter Shop if any one is interested, I was looking at it last week before I knew there was a competition, I love the Panel, here is a link if any one is interested. http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/stores_app/Browse_dept_items.asp?T=1&Store_id=499&page_id=17

HdWench
February 4th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Oh MY they have that Pricey!! I know some of the money goes to Quilts4Kids... but seriously over $10/ yard!!! geeze