• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sally
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2010

Weds. Warriors

Well here it is mid week. Still snowing here. Not looking forward to the 6 hour drive home on friday. My hubby emailed me that we are getting sleep over company that night as well. Luckly she is like family so she will understand if I am not too sociable that night. On sat. we will go get our Christmas tree. Should be fun in all this snow!
    I am so tired...not sleeping well at all. Hotel living is not my thing. Either I freeze or boil. Uggh. Tried to learn to crocet last night but the book that says it makes it easy is wrong. I will need to go to utube I guess so I can learn from watching.
    It is my mom's 90th BD today. My bro and I sent here a big basket of flowers...sunny yellow in the midst of the winter gray. What a lady...yeaterday she helped push a car out of the ditch. Parents these days...can't tell them anything...lol!
    Well thats my day in a nut shell...off to work now. Take care everyone. Stay safe!!
    sigpic
    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna
  • toggpine
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2009

Re: Weds. Warriors

Shauna,
    Be careful out there! Brrrr! I love moms that don't give up. Just as long as they don't over do it. I hope the rest of your business trip goes smoothly. Hotel living can suck. At least you get all of the snazzy little soaps! Although some of them smell pretty overpowering these days. Oh well. It has the benefit of making you all the more happy to be home!

I can neither knit or crochet. I can get the yarn from sheep to fleece to spun and dyed, but that is where my creative train with fiber stops. I have taken classes and bought books, but it doesn't ever look right. I have turned my knitting needles into sewing tools for making nice sharp corner points when I turn something right side out. I have no idea what happened to my crochet hook. I have stopped spinning because the wheel was too tempting for a baby to leave alone and I had nothing to do with the wool once it was spun up. We also stopped raising sheep, so no more free fleece either.

Travel safe!
    Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
    X