PDA

View Full Version : Hello Tuesday

janluna
November 30th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Another rainy tuesday and it will get worse before it gets better according to the weather report. They are calling for 3 inches of rain and some flooding. Come on sump pump! Thank the good Lord its a new one. We have been caught before and had them die on us in the middle of a bad flood or a January melt.
Today I scrub floors and if I'm lucky some quilting. Hope everyones weather is sunny and bright. Love to all, Jan :icon_hug:

patticakes
November 30th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Morning!
Jan - Hope your floors go fast and you get to your quilting today. Sounds like you had a busy time lately making gifts, I bet they will love them!
Trish - Sorry about your beloved cat. I am so excited for you with Odie's return and the thought brings happy tears to my eyes! Kiss him from all of us who know how much it means to have him home!
Gina - Hope you feel better soon! I hate that when you don't even feel good enough to sew!!
Shauna - Happy you are warm again!
Sorry to anyone I missed. I've been really busy after work because my daughter decided to get us all together at her house on December 11th for Christmas. I need to finish my son's quilt, shop for all the rest of the gifts and bake before then! Also want to get my tree up and house decorated by then but it might not happen if I have to let something go that will be it. The good thing is, once the Christmas with my kids is done I can relax and enjoy the rest of the holiday season because that pressure is off!
Well back to work! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Patti

Patrice
November 30th, 2010, 03:30 PM
72 here today and weird outside. possible storms coming. looks like tornado weather out there. freezing one day and hot the next. no wonder we are all sick. hope everyone is having a great day

sewsoft
November 30th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Hello Ladies, Hope you all have a good day.

debinmalaga
November 30th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Hello to everyone from cloudy New Jersey. We get our rain tomorrow, just dreary today.

ginampls
November 30th, 2010, 07:47 PM
still sick so the house work is on hold sadly it doesn't stop my daughter i had stay home from school. but since she is getting into everything back to school you go tomorrow... .... oh good golly...

sally
November 30th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Hello now from Nelson. It has been snowing heavily all day. Nelson is located in the mountians so it's gets more snow than at my place. Will be here until friday. Ended up leaving my sewing machine at home. Too much other work stuff to bring. I am taching myself to crocet so iIwill work on that.
Trish I am so sorry about Shadow. I am a cat lover and rue the day when my old 17 year old must leave me. I found this poem for you and Odie

SHADOW
And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.

Dragonfly
November 30th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Shauna that is just so beautiful, I have many beautiful cat souls entwined with mine, they are such magnificent animals.

middlesis1966
November 30th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Good Eveening all. Im am so rry you are still fightn a cold Gina. Get better soon. Sending ya ((((((((((((get better soon hugs)))))))))))))))))).

Sending you (((((((warm hugs)))))))) Shawna. I bet it cold in those mountains, brrr

Sending you big (((((((((((((hugs jan)))))))))))! Thanks for listening.

Trish, I so sorry about the kitty. I love them so much better then dogs. When we moved I had to give my kitty away. It was awful, so I know how sad it is to lose a good buddy. (((((Hugs for You))))))))))!

My day at my new position is alittle better. Maybe if I just put my Big Girl panties on and just deal with it, things will get better. Plus I have to try and stay away from the shop, lol. Have a great night all.

quiltingtrish
December 1st, 2010, 12:06 AM
What a beautiful poem! I wrote it out so Odie can read it. I am sure it will tug at his heart.
It was a hard day. The anticipation of getting Odie and of course, Shadow. I truly don't think it was something he ate or drank - I just think it was his time to go Home.

Rain - rain - rain here. It's to get worse tomorrow from New York right through to S. Carolina. Well, I did pray for no snow! Now I'm praying for lighter rain and no tornadoes. We are to be in the vehicle and pulling up the driveway at 8 am. That way we'll miss the morning rush hour. We should arrive down there around 9 tomorrow night. I'll be missing you guys.

Well, still have to throw some clothes together, so better run. Of course I'll check back when I get home!

Hugs,

janluna
December 1st, 2010, 12:47 AM
Have a wonderful trip Trish. Give Odie a hug for me. Anytime Paula. Love you all, Jan

Texsam
December 1st, 2010, 12:49 AM
Trish - I'm sorry to hear about your cat. It's really sad to lose your pet-they are part of the family.

Very nice poem Shauna.