PDA

View Full Version : It's Official, it's Here, Gobble Gobble

Blondie
November 25th, 2010, 11:51 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/holidays/lof.gif

In honor of our Odie and those other of us that have kin, friends and just plain old proud of this group of folks, let's remember them on this day.They are our heros. Hope that they get enough turkey, stuffing and a few smiles on this day.
I have never forgotten and I am certain you haven't, along with our other international friends, that it is our men and women in uniform who give us a reason each day to be thankful for our liberties. A toast to them and also to our ancestors who learned the hard way that freedom is much more than a turkey dinner once a year.

God bless each one here.

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae157/Classy44/Halloween_Thanksgiving_Fall/7b3fb552.gif

janluna
November 25th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I am so Thankful for my friends and family. I'm thankful for the friends and sisters I have on this web site. You all have kept me company when I was down and hurting. You give me ideas. You make me laugh. You pray for my Emily and my Laura. I can't thank you enough for keeping me company and raising my spirits. For teaching me that sisters aren't alway relatives and that this sisterhood is so sweet.
Jenny, Natalie, Sarah,Al and Mr Doan thank you for the love you show us all with your tutorials and extraordinary service, and caring that you do. We all appreciate it. Bless you.
Have a very wonderful Thanksgiving. And Trish You were the first friend I found on the forum and you took me under your wing and helped me so much. You and Odie will always be in our prayers. Thank you.
Laura, you are more than a friend, more like a daughter to me. I love you very much. Please take a few minutes to rest here and there so you don't wear yourself out completely. Love to all and God Bless. :icon_hug: :icon_kiss:

middlesis1966
November 25th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!! I hope its a carefree day for you! Enjoy the day.

quiltingtrish
November 25th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to you all here! I am thankful to have God in my life, the many family and friends I have here and out there in cyber-land, and the opportunity to live in this LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

I am sure Odie and the thousands of men and women in uniform will be getting quite a feast today. I sure wish all of them were but we know that quite a few are in remote areas which won't have the turkey and such available. The mess halls are generally decorated and the choices are endless with the food available. I always got a wonderful meal when I couldn't get home.

Many blessings upon you and your families who you are celebrating with today. Be sure to give extra hugs all around.

Hugs,

quiltingtrish
November 25th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Odie just called! We only had 2 minutes but he sounds wonderful! And he's going to call back Sunday morning if he can get to a phone.
That just made my Thanksgiving more special!

Hugs,

Blondie
November 25th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Oh yay, Trish. Glad that you heard from Odie. My oldest one called this morning while I was outside finishing up the leaves with hubby. He called his sister and they yakked for awhile. I will most likely speak with him this weekend. Missing my two boys today.

I am coming out of my turkey coma. What a glutton I can be. The folks were doing great, my daughter and her hubby came by and ate with us and then they are off to eat with his folks. I have to get a recipe from her that she made today. It was KILLER good, bad for a diet but what the heck. It was a brownie pie. OMGoodness. Now, ladies, my Daddy is a very picky eater. We were all in huge shock. He ate two big pieces and told everyone else to keep their cotton picking hands off of HIS pie. His baby girl made it for HIM. hehehe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/fam/turkeyday2010/SarahandPoppaThanksgiving2010.jpg
Once I get the recipe, I will definitely share with y'all. very yummy.
Mom and I managed to get all the cooking and clean up accomplished. There were 14 of us altogether today.
Cousin took this pic of Mom and I just before we sat down:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/fam/turkeyday2010/MomandMeThanksgiving2010.jpg

Off to take a nap. Work tomorrow. For all the shoppers out there, have fun.

Don't know why these pics are so dang big. I have resized them to next to nothing. Oh well, I guess you really wanted to see how large my pores are! I think my Mom looks pretty dang good to be 80 years young. I love my folks. Much to be thankful for this thanksgiving.
Blessings to all; forgive the big faces.