PDA

View Full Version : Good Wednesday morning everyone!

quiltingtrish
November 24th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Is everyone getting ready to throw their turkey in the oven or deep fryer? I love that episode on Everyone Loves Raymond where Deb drops hers on the floor and picks it up anyway and throws it in the oven!

Odie should now be a Marine! He is eating his warriors breakfast right now. If we don't get a phone call tonight, then he made it! Yeah! No phone calls please!

Well, off and running to get the morning chores done so I can get to sewing.

Hugs,

Blondie
November 24th, 2010, 11:38 AM
http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae157/Classy44/Halloween_Thanksgiving_Fall/1be95a80.gif

Good Morning, Ladies

Just popping in before I go back to helping The Man with more chores. He is off work for the rest of the week and so, I have to stay on task. rats.

Trish, I am rejoicing with you on Odie's status ~ I bet this is one breakfast he will enjoy for many days to come - that is, until he comes home and has some of your good cooking. YAY!

I completed a few items yesterday - a Mrs. Santa and a neat handbag (that I decided to keep for myself). I am really dense when it comes to following directions but I finally figured it out. I may try to make a few more; my DD hasn't seen this one yet but once she does, that will be all I will be hearing.

I miss my boys of course for the holiday, but, hope to see middle son next week for a wee bit.

Off to make a coconut cake, a chocolate zucchini cake and get some dough going for the dinner rolls tomorrow. I love to knead dough. I even have a bread maker but enjoy kneading so much, it just gathers dust in my pantry.

God bless each of you as you make your preparations for a day of feasting, football and sharing with a thankful heart.

Patrice
November 24th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Good morning all. Let the festivities begin! have been in the kitchen all morning and still more to go. yesterday was a great sewing day. I made a table runner that I saw on novice quilters page. I didn't think i could do it but did. yeah. i just have to quilt it now. got a quilt top down and ready for quilting and made a potholder. i love the feeling of accomplishment! Will try to post pictures later if it will let me anyway

Carol_Ann
November 24th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving . We all have so very much to be thankful for. Enjoy a day in the company of those you love an cherish....... and may your favorite team win !

NM Lady
November 24th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Good morning!

Will work until 3:00pm and then will be off in running in the kitchen. Hubby cooks turkey, but the rest is mine!

Blondie....I make the bread in our family too. Instead of rehab on my arm, I made lots of hot rolls. Kneeding the bread made my wrist and hand feel so much better and then of course eating the rolls made the rest of the body feel great!!!! LOL

Patrice-Would love to see your new table runner

Carol Ann-Enjoy the games.

Everyone, have a happy, safe Thanksgiving!!!

God bless and take care.

Lola2Ace
November 24th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Trish, what an accomplishment for Odie! Prayers will still be going up for him as he serves our country.
We aren't having Thanksgiving until Saturday, and I am working on the Holiday, so not much prep happening yet. My parents are having the dinner at their house, but I will be helping them.
I have morning chores done, showered and will start laundry and sewing here in just a bit.
I hope to finish up my brother's hunting vest, it got pushed aside with everything else that's been going on. I did get the zipper in it Monday, and now to add the hood and then the armhole facings and it will be done! I am going to have nephew try on this one Saturday, before I cut his out as I think he will need a size smaller--but they don't think he will. DH has requested one.....bought charcoal fleece for it yesterday with Ace, then DH hinted that he would like hunter green--he didn't know I had gotten the charcoal, so another trip to JoAnn's is in my very near future.
I wish everyone a wonderfully Happy Thanksgiving!!
Lola

craftyladysam
November 24th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Found this qoute and had to share: The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above, is under a quilt handmade with love. Don't ya love it? Happy Thanksgiving ya'll sweet potataers!

Dragonfly
November 24th, 2010, 07:55 PM
We don't have Thanksgiving quite the way you do in the US but I would very much like to wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving, enjoy being able to spend time with family (for those who can).

janluna
November 24th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving, a wonderful meal and company of family and friends.
Trish I'm so proud of Odie making it through. I can't wait for him to be home with you for your holidays. We pray for his safety and for your peace of mind. Hugs, Jan

middlesis1966
November 24th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Happy Wednesday Night All ! I had my Thanksgiving Sunday so while you all are doing your holiday dash, I have been there. Whew, I'm glad its over. I love making all of the food favorites for all. I'm right there with you blondie on the dough making. Ive made bread for years now and I still do it the old fashion way. I tried it once in my mixer and never ever again have I made it that way again. Trish congrats on your sons accomplishments!!! Im off to surf the world wide web for info or just mindless usless games, lol. Need some stress relief, lol. Enjoy your evening all!

Have a blessed day in HIS name
Paula

sally
November 24th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Is it your Thanks Giving tomorrow or today? Ours is held always on a weekend. In any event HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my American quilting sisters. I know I am thankful for your friendship. Blessing to you all!
PS It is still freezing here. In fact you know it is cold when...

Shauna

Texsam
November 24th, 2010, 10:30 PM
OMG that's too funny :lol: and yeah really cold! Thanksgiving is tomorrow, it's always on Thursday for us.

YEAH for Odie! I hope you have a GRAND time when he's home Trish!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Dragonfly
November 24th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Im off to surf the world wide web for info or just mindless usless games, lol. Need some stress relief, lol.
Paula
Ah a girl after my own heart, there is so much good information and ideas out there on the web, lol, and mindless games, they are great.