• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quiltingtrish
    Banned
    Missouri Star
    • Sep 2009

Good Sunday morning everyone!

I'm up and the sun is out and it's a beautiful day out there, hope it is like for everyone else too!
    My regular Sunday - to church and then on to Dad's to finish up the leaves for this year. I'll be glad when that's done. I've been raking every Sunday for the past few weeks.
    This morning, I let out my morning kitty and there stands my other humungeous cat waiting to be let in. How the heck he got outside after midnight, I'll never know. Sometimes my son opens his window and Shadow gets out by pushing the screen out, but this morning, the screen is still in tact. Right now he is sleeping in the bathroom sink, snoring away! In fact, I know he was in last night at midnight cause DH said, do you hear that? Is that Shadow snoring? We could hear him at the other end of the house!
    Well, off here for now.
    Hoping that you all have a great Sunday.
    Oh, please say a little prayer for Odie when you all go to bed tonight. He will head out at 2 am tomorrow morning to start his Crucible and will come in on Wednesday morning. He'll have 50 some hours, 40 some miles to go and lots of obstacles to get through and only 3 MRE's to eat and 2 hours of sleep every 24 hours of it so I don't think I'll be getting much sleep myself the next few days.

Hugs,
    Last edited by quiltingtrish; November 21, 2010, 06:13 AM. Reason: typing more information
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Re: Good Sunday morning everyone!

Good Morning Ladies!

Trish, I am just beaming at your post. That is one smart kitty! My basement dweller, Dinah, got out one time. She was scared to death. LOL. Stood at the basement door and kept crying to be let back in. She hid for three days after that. hehehe

Odie's on the hour count down! Yippee. Don't talk about leaves. We have so many that we could probably start a good compost business. Just not enough time or energy. It's all we can do to haul them down to the holler at the edge of the property.

Just a heads up here for me ladies; I may be mostly absent the next few days. With relations arriving in a week, the Thanksgiving preps to do, helping hubs with the leaves AND then work, I doubt I will be spending much time online. Of course, I am such an early riser that i may peek in to share a cup of coffee with you. But if I don't, you will know why.

Big blessings to all for a wonderful day.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• janluna
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2009

I'm praying for Odie to do great on his crucible. I'm sure he'll be exhausted, hungry and scratched up some but he will do it and be proud of himself for having made it through.
      As for the cat, he sounds like he has sleep apnea! LOL My dh does and boy can he snore! LOL
      Laura I hope your day is beautiful and stress free. Take a deep breath and say this too shall pass. Love you sweetie. Please get some rest for your Thanksgiving week of craziness.
      I pray everyones Sunday is blessed and wonderful, restful and fun. Love, Jan
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

• janluna
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2009

Blondie I love the Pug!!!! They are adorable without the smile but the smile shows their
        true nature for they are the clowns of the canine set.LOL Have a wonderful Sunday. Love, Jan

Comment

• Laura108
          Batting Beauty
          • Jul 2010

Morning Everyone...
          It's our anniversary and we are off to church. We haven't been going lately but this is our gift to each other and im so excited. Be back to really post after ....
          Hugs and love...
          Laura
          One Moment at a time

Comment

• NM Lady
            Applique Angel
            • Jul 2010

Good morning everyone!

Laura-Happy Anniversary.

Yesterday was exhausting, but got most everything done. Forgot to get whipping cream, but that's ok, I'll get it today.

Put together a soft book for my great niece for Christmas. She is such a cute baby and such a blessing.

Well, I'm off and back at it today.

Have a blessed day.

Comment

• middlesis1966
              The Guild President
              • Jun 2010

HAPPY THANKSGING!!!!!! I know your scratching your head right now, hmm has she lost it? Today is our family thanksgiving. My bro cant be here on the real turkey day so we have it on the Sunday before. Breads been made, (on its 2 rising). Ham is in the oven. Green bean casserole is later. That has to be made at the last minute. Hubbies going over to my mommies to deep fry the birds, yummmy. Pea salad has been marinating all night. My work is done, whew. Now alittle Paula time until the real happens. Thats when we all meet at my moms to start the festivities.

Odie will be in my prayers until his return.

My yard still has leaves galore, grr. Hubby needs a fire lite under him, lol.

Well all it has been a moring of work work work. Ive done more here then at my real job, lol. But its a labor of love, lol. What was I thinking, lol. My sissy worked her fanny off so now she needs a rest also.

Everyone have a blessed day in his name,

PAULA
              Have a blessed day in HIS name!
              PAULA

Comment

• Dragonfly
                The Guild President
                • Aug 2010

On your anniversary Laura and hubby, I hope you have had a lovely day together.

Hi to everyone else and goodnight, it is way past my bedtime and the hubby is pestering me to get some sleep...hmm maybe.

I'l try and catch up with everyone tomorrow, sweet dreams all for tonight.
                Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

• janluna
                  Missouri Star
                  • Oct 2009

Good night Lynn, sweet dreams. Happy Anniversary Laura and Rodney. Many more to come. all my love, Jan
                  Last edited by janluna; November 21, 2010, 07:43 AM. Reason: had to fix my hug

Comment

• sally
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jul 2010

Trish...sending my prayers for Odie! We are not raking leaves here...rather shoveling snow! It is -10 C here this morning...COLD in F! Another dusting of snow overnight. Yep it is winter!
                    Laura...blessings of the day to you and Rodney! Have a wonderful anniversary!
                    Jan... hope you slept better last night...enjoy your day!
                    Paula...Happy Thanksgiving...it is never the wrong time to celebrate life and what were are thankful for. Enjoy your meal...it sounds SO good!
                    Jackie...hang in there.
                    TO all you gals...BIG hugs...love ya! You are all a wonderful blessing for me!
                    sigpic
                    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

• janluna
                      Missouri Star
                      • Oct 2009

You are a blessing yourself Shauna. Have a great day. Hugs, Jan

Comment

• Lola2Ace
                        The Guild President
                        • Aug 2010

Hi everyone! I haven't been on much lately, but checked in a couple of times. We have had a huge shake-up at work and it still has me reeling. I am faced, yet again, with losing my health insurance, was able to save it last year, but not so sure I will be as lucky this time. I do have some options, and am weighing (and waiting) on some of them. With youngest DD's chronic illness and DH's, not having my insurance too is just not possible for us.
                        I have been busy busy in the sewing room as well. The craft show went pretty well last weekend, I sold a few items, so was very happy with my 1st try at one. We have signed up to do another one in a couple of weeks, so I am getting more done for that. One of the things I am doing is ready to go baby shower gifts that will be 'wrapped' with a double layer flannel receiving blanket I have made. I want one of the blankets for myself!! I sold the rag quilt that I made before I could get a pic, and am still working on the 2nd one for this next show.
                        Well, it's my weekend to work so have to get ready now.
                        I wish everybody a beautiful Sunday! It's gorgeous here and heading for the 60's!
                        Lola
                        :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

• pdjewelrylady
                          Missouri Star
                          • Feb 2010

hello beautiful quilty lady friends!!

busy busy here too (its the time of year and i love it!) we had planned to walk downtown today for arts & craft fair but it is a bit cloudy and looking like it wants to rain. if i can get my orders from the last 3 jewelry shows closed and submitted then we can go... but i just had to stop by here and say HI!! first

tonight i think i will start the swapping of the star blocks and be ready for the mail lady tomorrow when she brings the last two packages! (fingers crossed) can not wait for y'all to get yours back - they are ALL so beautiful!!

everyone have a wonderful week of family and friend time sharing in God's love for us. be Thankful and Take time to smell the coffee. give someone a special moment to cherish, they may just give you one back!
                          Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                          hugs, Suzi
                          http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                          it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

• sewsoft
                            Designer Diva
                            • Oct 2010

Hello everyone last night we got hit with a ice storm that I got caught out in miles away from home. What was normally a 30mn drive took us 2hrs because of the ice. I saw accidents happen right before my eyes . You know when things like that happen you are reminded again just how fragile life is. I'm still shaken up so I won't talk much today. Everyone please take the time to embrace your loved ones.
                            Last edited by sewsoft; November 21, 2010, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• janluna
                              Missouri Star
                              • Oct 2009

So sorry Sewsoft. I hate ice storms with a passion. We were (my dh and I) on duty for the one that crippled the North east a few years back. We took calls for 36 hours straight before we crashed and caught 30 minutes of sleep and then back on the road again. We had people without power for 14 days in some areas. I have never seen anything so devastatingly beautiful. The ice on the trees was beautiful but the destruction was horrible.
                              We had so many sick people on oxygen that we had to keep running tanks to. And older folks without heat and a way to cook food. Children without heat and food. We set up a base triage unit at the fire dept. and just kept playing musical heaters from house to house for the neediest of the people. We worked around the clock for three days with hardly any sleep It was something else. We had medical calls and accident calls. We moved people to family and or neighbors who had wood stoves so they could get warm.
                              Or eat for that matter. We took food and medicine to people and kept tabs on them for the 2 weeks some of us were without heat. As people came back on line they cooked and brought food to the fire dept. so people could have a hot meal. It was an experience that was both heartbreaking and touching. The kindness of people for their neighbors was something to behold. We worked together as a town and a people. It was amazing. I never want to go through that again. I'm so sorry you had an ice storm. I'll keep you in our prayers. Hugs, Jan

Comment

Working...
                              X