• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Here comes Saturday

Good morning Ladies
    So glad that today is Saturday. Maybe I will get to sleep in tomorrow. Ever have that problem - ie, the days you have to get up you can just sleep and sleep and sleep. The days you can stay in bed you just up at dark thirty wide awake? Yeah, well me too. Sigh.

I need to get caught up on reading here. Missing me some Craftyladysam. Are you okay, Saundra? Hoping you are just busy as a bee.

Pinky, you are a solid person. I don't think I would be driving in the snow anywhere. Of course where I live it is generally here today, gone tomorrow; we unfortunately get ice more than snow. yuck. Not a winter fan here. I am a two season kinda gal. Spring and fall. Give summer and winter to others. lol.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• quiltingtrish
    Banned
    Missouri Star
    • Sep 2009

Re: Here comes Saturday

Good morning Blondie!!!!
    Up here too!
    Once I get off the computer, it's off for a shower, then the laundromat, then home again - jiggity-jig!

I was sewing on the borders for Zach's quilt last night and when I sewed the 3rd one on backwards, I went to bed. I'll take that off at the laundromat making good use of my 30 minutes there. Then I'll be layering the quilt and getting it pinned, all ready for the machine quilting. I would love to have it finished by Thanksgiving.

Will maybe hang some clothes out today too. I am betting it will be a nice day so I may as well take advantage of it.

Countdown -12 days to go to see Odie! Since it's my other son and my daughter going down with me, my orders to my oldest son will be to "take me to get my boy!" When I thought about Odie this morning, I got all teary-eyed. I sure miss him.

It's a good thing I am off from Wed. through Monday for Thanksgiving cause I have lots to do before we go get him. I have cleaning to do (want the house all spifffy) and things to bake for him. I did get our turkey and some other trimmings but think I will wait to have our Thanksgiving for when he is home. What's another week or so?

Well, off here so have a great day everyone! I have to get moving!!!!

Hugs,
    Last edited by quiltingtrish; November 20, 2010, 05:40 AM. Reason: added a line

Comment

• NM Lady
      Applique Angel
      • Jul 2010

Good morning everyone!!!!

Will be driving over to the quilt shop that is about 40 miles away for BOM for my $5.00 quilt.

After that it will be to the football game to root the home team. If they win today, they will play in the State Championship. When you are from a town as small as mine, it takes everyone to root for the teams.

Your Odie will be just as glad to see you as you will be to see him and I'm so happy you have support to go with you.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Comment

• toggpine
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2009

Morning Ladies!
        I managed to get the stuffed ponies done and will repair a tear in Cody's rain jacket this morning. Then we are off to the state capital today. Not that we will actually visit the buildings in Olympia, but we can see them on the way to Cabela's. My husband wants to check out some piece of equipment and I'll get to visit with my cousins while we are in the area. Emily & I love to wander through the sore looking at all of the mounted animals. They even have a huge aquarium with all kinds of sport fish in them. A good trip out of the house and sometimes I can find really great deals on things in their "Clearance Cave". With Christmas coming, I'm going to need all of the bargains I can find for those who aren't getting homemade gifts.
        The rain and wind have let up here and today shouldn't be too bad. Tomorrow we are expecting a possibility of snow and the highs in the low thirties through Thanksgiving. Ugh. That makes it a huge pain for watering the stock, but we always figure it out. So this afternoon will be getting all of the stocktank heaters out and make sure they are in working order. Tomorrow after church I will pitch the barns out and re-bed them so the animals have some place to snuggle in and keep warm. We should also think about clearing out the last of the stuff in the garden before it turns in to a pile of black mush after the freeze. I may be canning pumpkin this week!
        You all have a great day & I'll check in later!
        Cathy
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• janluna
          Missouri Star
          • Oct 2009

Oh Cathy where do you get the energy?? I know the more you do the more energy you have. I get tired reading what you guys have to do. LOL
          Trish, I remember going to my brother's graduation from boot camp. It was impressive. When my husband did, it was to far to go. I was in NY and he was in Tx. So I missed his.
          When they both came home though it was so great. Hope you have a wonderful belated Thanksgiving with Odie and a great Christmas too.
          Well everyone I hope you slept like I did. I went to bed at 3 a.m. got up at 7 did my chores for the animals and went back to bed and slept until 10 a.m. YAY!! Usually once I'm awake I'm awake. It felt wonderful. Hope everyone has a great Saturday and hope your weather is fine. It's cold, sunny, and windy here. I'll take the sun, the rest is just what we have to deal with. lol Love to you all, Jan
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

• patticakes
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2009

Good afternoon!
            Just got home from a rare Saturday workday. It is a huge weekend for Chicago and so I had to go in but I make the schedule so it's early in and early out for me! Since the BF is off to the football game, I crawled right into my comfy pjs as soon as I got home! It's already dark out so why not??
            I won a prize from the Quilted Kitty! I am a fan of their facebook page and they posted a search for a pair of cute scissors that they posted on their website. I found them pretty quick but kept forgetting where they were when I went to email ! LOL...old age ya know? Anyway I just checked my email and found that I won the runner up prize of a pair of fat quarters from their Perfectly Paisley collection! How cool is that??? Must be my week because I won a block of cheese and a ham at a raffle at our club this week! Maybe I should be a lottery ticket? I am not much of a gambler so I probably won't!
            Gonna go sew together more blocks for my table toppers and finish the baby quilt! I love having the house to myself!
            Check in with you later!
            Patti
            Patti
            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

• craftyladysam
              Designer Diva
              • Jul 2010

Hi, to everyone! I've been teaching kindergarten this last week and haven't been on much. Haven't got much sewing done either. I'll catch up next week I hope. Sure did enjoy the children. One little boy told me the name of the ship the pilgrims came over on was called the calliflower. LOL
              Some sad news today. My next door neighbor was found dead this morning. He had moved back home to look after his mom who just died a month ago. We think it was his heart. So sad, he worked so hard looking after her and then didn't have much time of his own. His mom was 93 when she died and he was 62. Didn't marry. The Lord knows best and we shouldn't question him. Just such a shock!
              Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

• Laura108
                Batting Beauty
                • Jul 2010

Everyone is so busy ...Im with Jan I got tired just thinking about the running you all have done. Its almost 11 just been one of those day but I did teach myself a bit of free motion ...not conventional but hey it worked for me ...and the rest of my day was filled with Drama..drama...so Im tired now...
                Sweet Dreams and If I can sleep I will come on...
                I'm sorry for the loss Sam ...seems sad but you are right God knows best...
                Patti...my goodness you lucky girl....maybe we should rub bellies or something LOL..I need a bit of that luck...as im sure we all could ...and Yes go buy a lottery ticket...
                Cathy I hope you get some time for just you
                Trish we are with you with the countdown for Odie...going to be so nice for you
                NM Hope your class was fun ...
                Blondie I loved the graphic and hope your day was peaceful
                Night all
                One Moment at a time

Comment

• Blondie
                  Missouri Star
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by craftyladysam View Post
                  Hi, to everyone! I've been teaching kindergarten this last week and haven't been on much. Haven't got much sewing done either. I'll catch up next week I hope. Sure did enjoy the children. One little boy told me the name of the ship the pilgrims came over on was called the calliflower. LOL

I sure have missed your sweetness this week.
                  Big hugs.
                  Loved the cauliflower! hahaha
                  Sewing mends the soul.
                  sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                  Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                  ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Working...
                  X