PDA

View Full Version : Another Friday

Blondie
November 19th, 2010, 08:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Coffee/00007448.jpg

Busy day ahead at work. I haven't had time to work on the dresdens. I need some fabric. Guess that means I should be happy to work to make some $$ to get some fabric.

Made a mess of coasters and several rug mugs for gifts the past few days. Good way to use up some scraps.

Last night hubs started going through Christmas lights to see which ones still work. He always puts them up by Thanksgiving so that he can turn them on. He is Mr. Santa. Loves the lights, the trees (yes, we put up a few, although only one big one). Luscious Larry wouldn't care if all the pressies under the tree were empty as long as they are wrapped. He simply loves the look and feel of Christmas. He puts sleigh bells on his truck and has been known to put lights on them. He doesn't seem to care if folks think he's tacky. He enjoys the kids coming up to him and those in vehicles that wave. He always says he wishes every season could be Christmas season.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

middlesis1966
November 19th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Good morning all!!! WOOT WOOT, its finally Friday. Last work day of the week. Im so ready for it. This is always my busy week and by friday Im wiped out. Lol about your hubby. My mom is crazy about Christmas. Every nook and cranny in her house is decked out. Right down to the kittys food dishes, lol. Gotta love her. Well all have a blessed day doing whatever you are doing. Prayers for you all.
Love Paula

NM Lady
November 19th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Good morning!!!!! I'm so glad Friday finally made it.

My dad was the one who loved Christmas sooooo much. Christmas morning he would call about 3:00am or so and ask if Santa had run. Of course, my prayers were always that the kids would sleep past 7 or 8 am. :D

My co-worker informed me that we would not be putting up the old decorations from last year that we would be decorating properly this year. I'm not sure what she meant by that. She is ready to get them up.

Tomorrow is Block of the month morning at the quilt shop and then home to root for the home town football boys. If they win tomorrow, they will play for the State Championship.

Ya'll have a blessed day!:icon_wave:

janluna
November 19th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Good morning everyone. I slept for four hours last night (whoopdedoo) At least I got four in, I'm grateful. Tired but grateful. LOL I spent the rest of the time making a quilt in my head. A tree of life quilt by Nancy Johnson-Srebro. What a gorgeous quilt. It is so pretty and she gives all the fabric amounts and everything. However it appears to be complicated to me. I'm not so sure I'm ready to go there. She makes diamonds by cutting rectangles, which is just confusing to me. She says it's real easy, but I don't know about that. I think diamonds are really pretty but really hard to work with. Anyway that's what I been doing with my awake time. I'm a very boring person, I know.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday. I'll be doing books and will be all caught up today!!! YAY! Just in time to do November. Time is just marching on way too fast for me.
Have a great day guys, Hugs, Jan :icon_eek:

sally
November 19th, 2010, 11:04 AM
:icon_wave:GOOD MORNING...Well I am back from Revelstoke. My work requirements feel through about 3 pm yesterday so I decided to head back and help my own office today. It is snowing here now as well. Not as much mind you as the mountians but a nice soft layer. Still snowing actually. Cold too!. Here it is -5 C (23F) but not as bad as at my brothers. -26C (-14F) to the northern part of our province. Actually most of Canada is now in the Artic grip. BRRRRRR!
I did go and sit in the hot tub this morning and it was sooo beautiful. Restored my weary soul!
When I got home last night I decided to work on my rag quilt. Fiqured I would work on it for 1/2 hour...hah...2 hours later I had to force myself to stop. 1/2 done now though. Well must get going. Grandmother clock just chimed 6 am and coffee is brewed.
Have a great day everyone...sending out great big friday hugs. You all deserve them.:icon_hug:

Dragonfly
November 19th, 2010, 11:29 AM
LOL I spent the rest of the time making a quilt in my head.
:lol: Jan I did the same thing, woke about 4 am, wandered around the house enjoying the full moonlight that was coming in the windows then got back into bed and designed 2 quilts in my head while I watched the sun coming up. One was ordinary like and the other was a very large stained glass cathedral window, the big circular type, tomorrow I'm going to buy several metres of very black fabric and sort through my batiks for suitable 'glass'.

I dozed between 6 and 7 am then got up, had brekky and went and made a lovely table runner from an idea I found yesterday. Then I spent the rest of the day at sit and sew with some friends, I did manage to get some borders on my grand daughters quilt but mostly I helped the others. I told them I'd send the bill later, haha. :icon_happy:

Well now it is Saturday morning, 1 am to be precise so maybe I should see if I can find some sleep. Goodnight all.:icon_bored:

Laura108
November 19th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Good Morning quilting sisters...
I did sleep a bit ...from 5 to about 9:30 when Rodney woke me up with a coffee and a kiss...awww
Makes me laugh a bit ...He must think I'm asleep dreaming of coffee to wake me and say I got your coffee for ya babydoll....haha. Jan catnap today if you can.. And don't over due it on the books :)
Blondie Luscious sounds so fun...I'd love to have you two as neighbors :)
I have made a huge mistake ..in my quest for learning I have discovered blogs on quilting...I use Blondie's for music and started one of my own ..has nothing on it ..LOL but the music player so I loaded it with songs I love to sew by...Lame yes....pretty.. absolutely.
Last night we had a visitor from the government...in fact he reminded me of a man from Men in Black! I live on Pipers Gap Mnt just down from the Blue ridge Parkway and we have had a ton of fighter jets lately scare the beejeebies out of you at night..Well according to this man its going to get worse. Seems the terrain here is comparable to Afghanistan..so they will be doing minovers alot at night.I guess I thought we were coming home from the war but its ok I'd rather our men and women practice at home then go over and not know what they will be facing. On the other hand they are hard on the nerves...since I've spilled my coffee and even dropped a cup because they catch you so off guard...So in my spirit of patriotism I made sham covers for my swifter LOL. since I'm the one who always spills something when they fly over...I figured as a quilter its the least I could do ...haha I do have to say I may never go back to swifter's little flimsy covers these are so much better and didn't take long to make and I can wash them...Go Green ...Me!!
Well Ive rambled enough...can you tell I feel better. haha
Have an incredible day everyone and Sally ...enjoy the snow for me I so miss it and don't think we will get much this year :(
OOps I almost forgot ...Sometimes when I sign on I don't have my contacts in...and can't see the little font...So tip of the day from me is ...if you hit the Ctrl button and the + (plus) sign on your keyboard it enlarges the font and you can keep doing it till you can actually see it .....Pretty cool I tell ya.
Hugs and Love,
Laura

patticakes
November 19th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Hi to everyone!
I missed yesterday completely cuz I was so busy but I have today off and thought I would check in before I start some quilting.
Love your attitude Laura! "keep calm and carry on"! Also love your posts, the finger print one had me cracking up and the tip on enlarging the font was a gem. If you have a blog available I would love to follow it!
Glad you got a reprieve on searching for a salon front! Sounds like Larry has kept his kid-like spirit for Christmas, what a wonderful thing to have. After so many years in retail I am often too exhausted to enjoy the little things, but just hearing of his zest for the holidays has made me want to dig deep and find that again!
Four hours of sleep is like a good, long nap Jan and I hope you can slip a little nappie in today. I enjoyed your comment on "making a quilt in your head"! I do that all the time when I can't actually be quilting and that is a good way to put it.
Sally - the first snow is pretty, the rest of them (with the exception of Christmas eve), you can keep! I know it's coming but every year I dread it more.
Better go finish what I need to do in order to start quilting the baby quilt!
Have a great Friday all!
Patti

sewsoft
November 19th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Hi Ladies.

Laura108
November 19th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Hi Ladies.
:icon_wave::icon_wave::icon_wave:
Hi SewSoft :)

janluna
November 20th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Well here comes night again, I hope sleep wins out tonight! I'm tuckered out. Good night everyone sleep tight, Hugs, Jan

Pinky
November 20th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Hey Ladies,
Lots of snow and cold here. It's hard to get used to winter driving again. Laura: Thanks for the tip about enlarging the font. I did not know that. I drove all the way home from Calgary yesterday on a snowy highway to go to my quilt class last night. Priorities. lol It was the second and final one. It's a really cute angel with quilted wings and she is holding a mini quilt. I didn't get it all done but may work on it tonight. Well off to put together a sewing basket for a prize for a bazaar tomorrow. Have a great weekend gals!
Quilty hugs,
Pinky