• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Thursday Nov 17

Good Morning, Ladies
    Don't know what happened to me yesterday, just crazier than usual and loads of running to do.
    We had some rough weather the night before - I had lots of outside cleaning up to do. Sleep was difficult the night before last with all the high wind and thunder. Acorns hitting the house sounded like gunshots hitting.

After some cleaning outside I was able to sit and sew some little gifts.

In reading over what I missed yesterday here on the group, I have to admit to never hearing of texture magic. Will have to check my LQS.

In trying to locate a new salon front, our lease at our current place has been extended until the end of February. That gives us a little bit of a breather.

Hope everyone has a special day.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Dragonfly
    The Guild President
    • Aug 2010

Re: Thursday Nov 17

Good morning Blondie and everyone else.

I don't think I would be enjoying those storms that several of you have been having. We had another lovely spring day and my cold has improved but I was still feeling soppy/sulky, meh, not feeling like doing much so I spent the day surfing...the interwebs, as my daughter calls them. I wandered around in blogs, mosey'd through the quilts on Etsy and generally perused quilt stores...and wasted most of a day. BUT I found some really lovely quilts and clever ideas, I shall now put my not so wasted time into practice and hopefully there will be some photos at the end of it all.

Have a great day everyone.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

• NM Lady
      Applique Angel
      • Jul 2010

Good morning everyone.

Blondie...good luck finding a new store front.

Laura...hope you get to feeling better.

I sat down last night and tried to figure out how to square a large quilt block. Still don't have it. Something about squaring and my mind just revolts. It doesn't matter how much I watch the video on how to square.

It's another work day and then my daughter will be back for the Thanksgiving holidays! I can't wait for the kids to come home for the holidays.

Everyone have a blessed day.

Comment

• toggpine
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2009

Good Morning Everybody!
        Lynn - I do hope our cold leaves you soon! Spring is no time to be sick. Odd to think that you are just coming into nice weather while we are getting ready for wind, rain, and snow.
        Blondie - I am with you on the weather thing. We had more wind and rain yesterday with the yucky weather predicted to continue through the weekend changing to snow. Ugh.
        Good luck on finding the perfect store front for your salon. I am sure it is out there just waiting for you. I have seen a couple of small houses turned into salon and nail spa places lately. Maybe you could fine someone who wants to do some part time massage therapy to throw in with you? Oooo, a hair cut and a light shoulder & neck massage. How much better could your day get unless you added in some chocolate?
        NM - Unless they are small, I have trouble squaring blocks too. I just get as close as I can.
        Our kids haven't left home yet, so I don't miss them much, especially the teenager. I do enjoy getting together with our more extended family at the major holidays. I wish I lived closer to my Dad's family so I could see them more often. Now the thought of flying to visit is so disturbing with all of the scans and pat-downs I may either drive or take a train. None of the options are very financially sound at the moment. I guess I'll have to make do with telephone calls and e-mails!
        I made a little progress on the stuffed animals last night, but most of the day was spent cleaning up after the storm here and at the neighbors place. They took much more wind damage than we did.
        Well, I have to scoot. The neighbor lady is sick in bed with the flu and I need to go feed her livestock for her before I start our normal busy Thursday routine.
        Take care!
        Cathy
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• NM Lady
          Applique Angel
          • Jul 2010

Lynn.....My mind isn't so good anymore. I hope you get to feeling better!

Have a blessed day

Comment

• sewsoft
            Designer Diva
            • Oct 2010

Good morning to all.

Have a good one.

Comment

• Laura108
              Batting Beauty
              • Jul 2010

Happy Thursday I always confuse ... isn't today the 18th? lord love a duck I feel like I miss a day and I come on here and I have LOL
              My spirits are better...and Ladies we will have no more talk of me being sick...Its just a disease and know I have a new attitude...I used to work in a cancer center and when someone was feeling low or the treatments go too hard we fought back with this one little saying. Cancer is an illness...a disease but it does NOT define who you are and we will prevail and we did most of the time...and that is the attitude I am adopting..practice what you preach and all ....Lupus and this system failure I am experiencing is just that ...It does not define me nor does it rule me....so lets sew sew sew

I have been sewing like crazy I have a wall hanging im doing both machine and hand on ...and its just adorable..tho...I think now that quilters must be very good criminals LOL...I have poked my fingers til they are so sore I can't do it anymore and appliquéd and tried to paper piece using the iron til I have no more fingerprints...You would think I would learn steam burns ...but then a dresden would stick to the bottom of the iron and off come more fingerprints LOL
              Blondie-- good luck with the store front you will find something amazing I am sure...just takes a lot out of you looking ...fingers and eys crossed here for you. ..and OHHHH mercy on those storms...I live off exit 1 on 77 and 7 miles from fancy gap my dad lives at the bottom of that mean mountain...The accidents were so bad they brought the traffic down our mountain and back up his...2 deaths and over 75 vehicles ...but of course they close for wind but not fog...well they opened it back up and bam more accidents...what in the world were they thinking...Then we had two accidents on our mountain...and on Fancy Gap going back up they lost two trucks...what a mess.and Holy Buckingham Palace at the sounds your storms make down here....in New York snow falls quiet...here when it storms...its like the earth moves ...under your feet...isnt that a song lol but in all seriousness...someone needs to tell Mother Nature its polite when a lady whispers not Roars LOL
              Lynn feel better soon ...and read read those blogs ...its so fun to see all the tips big hugs to you.
              NM lady...I can't square either that is why I love Rodney even more he is a master carpenter so if anyone can fix it he can...In fact I embroidered a name crooked ..I mean way crooked and was ready to throw it out when in walked my hero man and squared it up and you couldn't tell ...now that is magic I tell ya ....he's for hire LOL at the right price ya know haha
              Cathy I love your idea for Blondie's business makes me wanna go ...but I too need chocolate after...If I can remember to send you a link I found a great one for kids young and old...you might enjoy...Its crow something I will have to look...I hope you get time to slow down ...your always go go and so fun to read...Thank you
              Sewsoft how's your blocks coming...<cyber pinch here> since you are going to be done before I even get fabric...lol...its all good tho I am glad you are enjoying them...I am still doing a ton of dresdens for turkeys and all kinds of things I just love them...So far I have Buford...Buford Jr...Bufords Cousin "it" and Bufords other cousin Buford the third LOL..I love it I make myself laugh everytime one comes to life and I can't help but think its like Frosty the snowman when he comes to life...oh what fun or ...how insane lol a girl can be ...haha
              Jan I love...love you...Please stop worrying about me darlin...I'm going to be fine and so are you but not if you worry yourself sick ...so this is a direct order.....Enjoy here and the love and friendships..and when you get too worried stop it lol...It's a direct request laced with all the love in the world for you
              Oh goodness I better close I wrote a book....
              I love you all cyber sista's ....Have a great day...
              Love and Hugs,
              Laura
              One Moment at a time

Comment

• Blondie
                Missouri Star
                • May 2010

yep, laura, i lost a day somehow. Easy for me. hehehe.

Glad you are in better spirits. yay
                Sewing mends the soul.
                sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• janluna
                  Missouri Star
                  • Oct 2009

Good job Laura. I love..love you too!! Love, Jan
                  Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

• quiltingtrish
                    Banned
                    Missouri Star
                    • Sep 2009

Just popping in here before I have to run and get Katie from PT. Then have to run again and drop off her soccer uniforms. Don't know why I didn't think to do that before now.
                    I farted around last night and didn't get to sew Zach's blocks together. I HAVE to do that tonight! It's only 20 12" blocks, for Pete's sake.
                    Got 4 letters from Odie today. He says he shot expert on the rifle so that's great! His Crucible starts Monday morning so will be asking for prayers for then. I am getting anxious for him. Only 14 days until we see him!
                    Looks like I'll be making him a homemade turkey Thanksgiving card cause I can't find any I like in the stores. Oh well, he'll like a homemade one better anyway. I'll make it really colorful since he gets green, brown, and yuck colors down there.

Well, better run. I'll check in later tonight.

Hugs for you all,

Comment

• quiltingtrish
                      Banned
                      Missouri Star
                      • Sep 2009

Geez! You guys must be busy! I finished Zach's top and just need to cut and add the borders. I am psyched! So I'll be doing that tomorrow night.

Maybe you all who can't sleep are sleeping, that would be good. Hope you continue to sleep through the night.

Well off to bed as the teacher I work with is off tomorrow which means I'll be covering her classes. It will be a long, but quick day for me.

Night all!

Hugs,

Comment

• janluna
                        Missouri Star
                        • Oct 2009

Hoping everyone has a good night. I'm going attempt to sleep most of the night. They say that when you get older you sleep less. I'm beginning to wonder about that especially
                        on the nights I don't sleep or I sleep a couple of hours and I'm up again. Oh well today was a good day as my Laura came back on line. YAY!!! It's so good you are here again Laura. This is where you can get ideas for quilting or give someone new a hand. And what are we if we don't help each other out. Welcome home.
                        Sleep tight everyone. Love, Jan
                        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Working...
                        X