PDA

View Full Version : I want to make this with a MSQC Layer Cake!

patticakes
November 16th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Check out this cute and quick quilt!
http://quiltingintherain.blogspot.com/2010/11/tiffany-diamonds-quilt.html
Enjoy!

Dragonfly
November 17th, 2010, 01:14 AM
My LQS used this block layout to do a sample for a layer cake pack, its very pretty and easy. As an addition to their tip at the bottom of the tutorial, if you sew a second seam across that corner, then cut between the seams then your HQT's are already pieced ready to be used in your border or another project. :icon_happy:

pdjewelrylady
November 17th, 2010, 01:18 AM
How super quick and easy!! super great tip Lynn!! thank you :) know what i am making next! :lol:

Dragonfly
November 17th, 2010, 01:23 AM
your HQT's
Hmm :icon_beuj: it seems I have half Quare triangles...let's make that HST. :lol:

Dragonfly
November 17th, 2010, 01:46 AM
This is one of my many UFO's or as I prefer to think of them, quilts in progress. :icon_happy: It's not an overly good photo and the quilt looks funny full of pins but I thought you might like to see another version of this quilt. I made this one umm *whispers* (several years ago) shhh, from my collection of floral fabrics.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/vegemite_yum/DSCN0252.jpg

janluna
November 17th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Wow Lynn, That's pretty!

quiltnut
November 17th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Wow that looks so colourful great job!

Tslave57
November 17th, 2010, 10:59 AM
That looks so elegant! Thanks for sharing. What a great (and really simple) pattern. I'll definitely put this on my "to do" list.

patticakes
November 17th, 2010, 11:01 AM
I love your version of this quilt Lynn! Is that with a layer cake or smaller squares? I can see where it would work very well with other sizes.
The floral is just beautiful and you've made me rethink the HST fabric. This is on my list for 2011 unless I can sneak it in this year!

pdjewelrylady
November 17th, 2010, 11:32 AM
WOWOOWOWOW!!!!!!!!
I love it Lynn!! Florals are my favorite favorite! :D

Carol_Ann
November 17th, 2010, 12:02 PM
O. K. Patti & Lynn, you both have me all excited about making this pattern. Just so happens I recently bought a lovely layer cake from MSQC. Gotta get started. Thanks girls!

LynneLeavell
November 17th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Wow very colorful and very pretty. One day I will do that with one of my many layer cakes from MSQC. I have so many plans in my head when I buy them then they get here, and then....and then....one day.

Happy Quilting
Lynne

Dragonfly
November 17th, 2010, 07:40 PM
I love your version of this quilt Lynn! Is that with a layer cake or smaller squares? I can see where it would work very well with other sizes.
The floral is just beautiful and you've made me rethink the HST fabric. This is on my list for 2011 unless I can sneak it in this year!

Patti, my squares were cut 5.5" as this was to be a lap size quilt and I needed them small enough to use lots of different fabrics but large enough to see the floral print. Really you could cut the square any size that suits you or what you have. It could be done with a charm pack or even a layer cake cut in quarters, then each 'circle' could be the same fabric, that would be fun. This quilt goes together very fast and like the D9P, the larger you cut the squares the faster you get a quilt, so using the layer cake is very fast for a largish quilt.

For those making this design, once you have your unit blocks have a play with the layout, my alternative layout gave me an elongated star design which was very pretty but there are lots of option for the layout of this simple little block.

And just think of the lovely 'leftover' quilt you could make from the HST's from those corners, I didn't do it but those florals/purple would have made beautiful pinwheels.

Blondie
November 18th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Check out this cute and quick quilt!
http://quiltingintherain.blogspot.com/2010/11/tiffany-diamonds-quilt.html
Enjoy!

it's "darling". I haven't purchased a layer cake set yet; it is on my list of things to try out.

Big hugs

Sammy
November 18th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Oh now I have another pattern to add to my list. Im only 24 but im sure I will never get all the projects done that I want to lol

Blondie
November 18th, 2010, 05:14 PM
lynn, you have created a lovely LOVELY quilt! I, too, suffer from too many WIP's