PDA

View Full Version : Damp Tuesday

Blondie
November 16th, 2010, 08:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/01cf-1.gif

Welcome to Tuesday! What a damp, rainy, drizzly day it will be. But inside of me the sun is shining! I will start back on the Dresden's today. Already looks like we are up to 22 folks joining in! Oh boy! A few more and we will have a full size quilt! Can't wait!

Trish, I am so happy that you will have Odie for all that extra time. Yay for his recruiting training. I know that gives you some peace of mind. I like the sound of the fabric you purchased for Zach. And who wouldn't be pleased with that baby quilt?! I know that booger gave you some headache on the quilting part but aren't you pleased that it was so well received. Congrats!

Last evening after dinner I made a rug mug. Turned out okay except that I wasn't too pleased with the binding. Reckon I will have to watch Jenny again. I really should get that binding tool.
If I can perfect the look of these things, they will make quick and cute gifts for this season. I have the grouchy co worker that will love it. She doesn't do any sewing but always tells me how to do things. LOL. She means well, grouchiness and all. Gee, I must be feeling extra benevolent this morning. Wonder if hubs put some extra sparkle in my coffee cup? hehe

Off to go have a bit of breakfast with the folks.

Have a wonderful morning.

Always blessed,
Blondie

NM Lady
November 16th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Good morning everyone!

It looks to be a beautiful day outside, but cool.

Woke up this morning about 3:00 am with a headache, got up took 2 tylenol, went back to bed, so I'm feeling better now.

Congratulations to everyone who is doing the block swap! Can't wait to see all the blocks.

Hoping for a productive Tuesday. Have a blessed day!

janluna
November 16th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Good morning everyone, It is sunny and cold here. I have cleaning and bird cages to do today. Hope everyone has a sunny day. hugs, Jan

quiltnut
November 16th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Good Morning everyone,its cloudy with sunny spells here frosty too,brrrrrrrr.lol.Im out to coffee with my girlfriend this morning.Winter on the way , stay indoors its the best place for keeping us warm & quilt/sew up a new outfit. :)

patticakes
November 16th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Morning Quilting Peeps!
How nice to read lots of posts this am. You all just cheer me up so much!
Sounds like lots of Dresdens are being worked on! I finished a top with the Tumbler Blocks so did alot of cutting with the ruler (120 pieces) but have not worked on the dresdens yet. The Tumbler Blocks went together quick and easy and I can't wait to quilt it and show you all a pic! Not sure I will get the Turkey done unless I dedicate a day to it. Maybe for next Thanksgiving!
Good news on the work front, owner says he worked out a new one year lease with the mall after our formal "eviction" this week. Not sure how I feel about this, good or bad. Relieved as I did not want to try to make it through the winter on unemployment. Wish the BF would get called back to the trades soon!
Well off to trudge through the stock that just came in!
Tonight it's pics of the finished quilts and package them for shipping! Yippee! Happy to have that almost done!
I'll be thinking of you and hoping you are all enjoying your day!
Patti

pdjewelrylady
November 16th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Morning :) overcast and looks like rain here today too..... but thats ok really - we could use some rain.
Thank you everyone for the happy wishes yesterday - had a fun day (they are what we make them!)
Watching for the maillady today... i am thinking stars should be arriving....... YAY!! looking forward to getting these swapped and outta here on their way to y'all :)
super busy week ahead with jewelry shows and other work stuff, so may not check in too much... but i am always thinking about you my quilty lady friends!
OH and i have been invited to a christmas cookie exchange party on dec 12th - i love that!! whoooohooooo have to dig out the cookbook and make something really wonderful and festive!! :D

sally
November 16th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Hey all! Well speaking of weather we are in for a winter storm that is heading our way! SNOW is coming they say. Worst part is I have to drive through the mountians tomorrow so hopefully the roads won't be too bad. I have good winter tires and a two way radio.
I love cookie exchanges but nobody here wants to be part of one. I will ask the ladies at work though you never know. It is such a great way to get all you baking done in one swoop and get all varieties too!
I am saying special prayers today for some of our quilting sisters please join me.

sewsoft
November 16th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Good Afternoon ladies, It's cold here we had a snow storm over the weekend and more is coming today. Tonight we are expecting to get down to 5 degrees by midnight. My Dresden are turning out quite nice. I have about 19 blocks done so I have a few more to go. Good to hear all are well.

Keepstitchin
November 16th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Good Morning ladies!

Weathered a pretty strong windstorm here last night, an unexpected windstorm mind you, but we did not lose power for once. Lots of other folks with trees down and no power, hope they get help soon. Calm day today, but another storm rolling in tomorrow, and the possibility of snow early next week. Kind of early for snow around here. OH, AND we had an earthquake this morning, south of Seattle in the Tacoma area, no damage to speak of, just scared a lot of people!

I have a lot of school work to do, but I am going to try and get some stitchin' in today, I have to get started on my Christmas projects!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
:icon_wave:

sally
November 16th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Laurie, thanks for the info about the earthquake. Wonder if the Vancouver folks felt it. Will check the news

toggpine
November 16th, 2010, 05:37 PM
The quake was actually about 45 minutes south of Tacoma, which is about an hour south of Seattle. It wasn't super strong, but it was helping stir up the farm animals here. We did get some pretty strong winds and we lost our power. It popped the top out of one tree and smooshed part of the fence. Not so bad though. Our neighbor lost the roof to one of her smaller barns. I'm headed over there to see what help I can be, since she is also down with a flu or something equally nasty. Some of the goat boys have managed to get out into the pasture with the girls. Not so good as this is breeding season, and we like to have a bit more control over due dates for regulating milk volume throughout the year. A free-for-all would have all of the goats kidding in March instead of spreading them out from February through June. It is still breezy, but the sun is shining, at least until the rain marches in for the next go around.

With our power out I did get some sewing done by hand. Lamp light is not the best for your eyes I decided. So I switched to color crayons with the 4 year old who is still not sure why we did not just turn the lights on. We did fire up the generator this morning to keep the stuff in the freezer safe. We would have most likely been fine, but it certainly did not hurt to start it up. Now I know how to get it going if my sweetie isn't home for some reason and I need it. I did miss having access to the computer & MSQC!

It sounds like you ladies in the swap are going to have fun! Continued prayers for those in need, and blessings on our sisterhood of quilters.

Take care! Cathy

janluna
November 16th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Sorry you guys are having weather troubles. It's raining now here. The weatherman says snow this week sometime. Seems a little early for us too. Hope there were no injuries from either the storm or the earthquake. Love, Jan

Keepstitchin
November 16th, 2010, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=toggpine;14978]The quake was actually about 45 minutes south of Tacoma,

Thanks for clarifying that Cathy, it shows it depends on what station you listen to!
I am so glad they found that little boy at Mt Rainier, very sad his dad did not make it.

Texsam
November 16th, 2010, 09:47 PM
We had an earthquake here in Texas a couple of weeks ago. It was a 2.5 I think they said. The epicenter was near Cleburne. It's south of Fort Worth. Crazy!

Our weather has been pretty nice the last few days, but I think we have a little cold spell coming close to the end of the week.

I hope you girls without power get it back on soon. And I hope everyone is in good spirits! Just a little over a week til we can stuff our faces! I keep saying I won't overdo it- don't know why I bother even thinking that! lol

patticakes
November 16th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Just thinking that I am glad I don't have to worry about any earthquakes or goats!

janluna
November 17th, 2010, 12:15 AM
We've had earthquakes in NY too. There just not as bad as everywhere else. Thank God. None of the buildings around here could take it.

middlesis1966
November 17th, 2010, 12:17 AM
:icon_wave: Well all I cant say Good morning because its the evening now. So good evening all! It sounds like its been a wild and crazy weather report form all you gals. I didnt hear anything about the quake. But then again, ever since the game Black Ops came out last week, I have lost television veiwing, lol. Thats ok. I hope all goes better. It was just gloomy and cold here. Im soo not ready for the cold, brr. Im a hot weather chick. Shauna you can have all my snow, :lol:. My family has Thanksgiving Sunday instead of Thursday. So I have alot of work ahead. I made the mistake of making bread one year so now thats request ever since. Thats ok! I reallly do like making it. Plus its nice that it makes them happy. Well everyone have a blessed night!!!!
LOVE Paula