PDA

View Full Version : Nov 15, Monday

Blondie
November 15th, 2010, 07:44 AM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/silveradohdk/Greetings/Monday-Happy.gif

I've been up a few hours, but just getting in here. I am counting on a good day here.

When I got up this morning, my computer monitor screen was sideways or horizontal. I still have a neck ache and eye strain from trying to figure out what the heck was going on. I still don't know but found a link that said click CNTL Alt and up arrow at the same time. Yes, it worked. Only took me forever.
Then I wrote the blog. It is my oldest son's birthday. I still can't believe he is 31 years old. Why, I am only 30 myself! How is that possible????

Trish, glad to see you made it back safe and sound.
Gina, good to see you post! Miss you when you don't pop in. But I know too well how nutsy the days get.

I am getting the stars out to Suzi today. Yay. I am glad to see them go. Whew! Can't wait to see all the others.

Last evening my sis found an old square in a square quilt that our granny made. It is one of three that she has. Two are too thread bare to fix into anything but cutter crafts. This one I will try to patch so she can at least keep it. I have a few of my own that I had to repair. And one that she never finished. It only needs a binding. Not sure if I will ever finish that one. I will try to get a pic of it. It was her masterpiece. All her other quilts were really patchwork - most designs are lost within the various scrap fabrics.

Off to get something to munch. And more coffee, please.

Check in later, kiddos.

debi weaver
November 15th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Good morning, Blondie!
Sorry for the computer problems!
I love the things I've found left behind by ancestors!
I inherited my great grandmother's sewing box and was so excited to find a velvet Dresden "blossom" among the assortment of threads, thimbles, and needles. Is that what you call one Dresden "flower"? It sounds nice anyway!
I cherish the thread of love for sewing and quilting in my family, and have high hopes of passing on that love to my grand daughters.
We are working on simple hand embroidery for Christmas gifts right now. Nothing like the moments spend on "grandmother's bed" with needle and hoop in hand. The conversations with a 6 year old are treasures in themselves! :icon_bigsmile:
Enjoy finishing those treasures found! Debi

NM Lady
November 15th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Blondie, tell your son Happy Birthday

Debbie, it's wonderful that you share those times with your grandbaby.

The weather has been just beautiful here. We didn't make it to the mountains to see the changing of the colors, but did take a ride on the motorcycle yesterday. The fresh air was wonderful.

Well, it's off to work! Have a blessed day.

patticakes
November 15th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Morning all!
Back to the real world of work today and find that I did not miss it at all! Came back to an eviction date of tomorrow for the store, but our owner says not to worry. Yeah right! He says it is all worked out. After over two years of this threat hanging over our head all the time I am ready for it to happen so I can move on with my life. If I didn't have 4 weeks vacation cuz I have been here a long time, I would have searched for another job already. If we make it til next year I will be looking for sure!
I managed to stay off the computer last week and got quite a bit of quilting done. Finished a lap quilt completely, a top and backing of another lap quilt that I just have to quilt and bind, two baby quilt tops and backings done that need quilting and binding and cut out two holiday table toppers! I also bought the fabric for the Black and White block swap and enough fabric to do three turkey wall hangings. Built up my stash quite a bit in case the job ended this week! Got all the fabric on sale too!
Tonight I am working on attaching the labels to the first two finished for my customer and starting the quilting on the baby quilt for her. Need to get them all done so I can get paid as we worked out a way to have Christmas with my DGD but it will be early, Dec 11th, so I need to get some gifts bought and finish the quilting on my son's quilt. Oh the pressure, but it is worth the happiness of the day we all get together!
Glad to be back on here and hope to catch up with everyone's posts!
Take care and have a beautiful day!
Patti

pdjewelrylady
November 15th, 2010, 01:55 PM
:icon_woohoo: It's a beautiful day for a Birthday! :icon_woohoo:

:Dmaking myself my favorite German Chocolate Cake and having some precious friends over to help celebrate ... of course i also have some shopping to do! yippppeeee for msqc and now we get points too! :icon_giggle::D

Laura108
November 15th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Happy Birthday Suzi :icon_wave:
Patti - Welcome back ..sounds like a very productive week off. I hope things level out at work for you..:)
Debi ..how fun to spend time with little ones. I so miss my daughters even if they are grown.
I'm a bit dresden crazy so how cute was your dresden blossom. I just love the way they look, I have been playing with some coaster with the scraps cut from dresdens and making wonky ( I think that is the term) coasters. I like it they go fast ..and I dont feel like I have wasted anything.
Blondie what a fun find. I printed out everything lol you sent me and put it in a binder. I cannot wait to start..but may have to wait til after the holiday. If I dont finish some of these UFO's soon when my daughter comes she will haul it to goodwill. Clean freak lol
Trish glad you trip was well. Welcome back.
Gina...Not sure if you are out there but I saw someone I think Blondie mention you so big hugs to you. Hope life is well.
Jan ...I hope your monday is beautiful and fun for you.
I am sorry all that I have been so quiet ....alot to comprehend and I tend to shut down to process things...a huge character flaw. I promise when I do post I will be upbeat and a bit more chatty :)
Thank you ...all for being here....and being my quilting sisters.
Hugs and Love,
laura

Keepstitchin
November 15th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Happy Birthday Suzi!! I hope you have an awesome day!

My son is sick in bed today, sore throat, nausea, chills. Claims vehemently that he is not trying to get out of school.....I think he is telling the truth, but he is not running a temp. I'll let him sleep awhile and see what happens.

I got some sewing in over the weekend, supposed to get pretty cold here, by our standards, by the end of the week, so made dh a fleece cap to keep his ears warm. He is very happy with it.

Made 1 Fan block, these are going to be fun!

I have a ton of homework to do this week, so no more time for sewing for me! :(

I hope everyone has a blessed week!

janluna
November 15th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Happy birthday Suzi. Hope your day is wonderful. I love celebrating birthdays. My Grandmother used to crack me up cause her birthday was May 25th and she started celebrating on the 1st.! And she did it all month long. She had a ball, going to lunch with friends and having bridge party's. She was something else. lol
Patti glad you are back.
Laura, I know honey, take your time. We're all here and praying for you. We love you. I'll send messages to you and keep you posted about things. When is your daughter coming to visit? That's great! Which daughter? If it's Alex tell her she has a fan club. LOL
Miss you much and love you more sweetie. Have a great day.
You too Suzi have a wonderful birthday.
Paula, have a great day.
Everyone have a great day! LOL Love to all, Jan :icon_wave:

sally
November 15th, 2010, 03:52 PM
For Suzi :
Birthday Blessings

Instead of counting candles,
Or tallying the years,
Contemplate your blessings now,
As your birthday nears.

Consider special people
Who love you, and who care,
And others who’ve enriched your life
Just by being there.

Think about the memories
Passing years can never mar,
Experiences great and small
That have made you who you are.

Another year is a happy gift,
So cut your cake, and say,
"Instead of counting birthdays,
I count blessings every day!"

Happy Birthday ...I know I am blessed to have you in my life!

hillbilly
November 15th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Happy Birthday to Suzi and Blondie's son!!!
Suzi...do go buy some celebration fabric!!!

To set records straight...I did NOT shut down my blog. Oh my goodness...I couldn't function I think if I did that. YiKeS!! I just shut down my online website store where I sold quilts. Especially since I never sold any!! :)

Have a good day all. And Laura...you post when you can and what you want. If you need encouragement, you know these girls are the go to people!!

See you all around!

quiltingtrish
November 15th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Hi everyone!
Found out on my birthday that Odie will not only be home for the 10 days of boot leave, but also got accepted for recruiters assistance and we will have him here until Dec. 27th at 7 PM when he will fly out to N. Carolina for his 5 weeks of infantry training. WhoHoo - I get him on Christmas!

Bought some beautiful fabrics for Zach's quilt. There are cowboy hats and boots, some saddles, some horses, and some music notes. I have a beautiful black for inbetween the blocks and will use that for the back also. And a rope design for the borders. I am excited. I'm not even going to wash it until it's finished so it's all soft and squishy for him. Think I'll start cutting the blocks tonight.

My girlfriend was so pleased with the baby quilt top I quilted for her that she wants me to do another one for her.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!
Hugs,

middlesis1966
November 15th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Good Happy Monday Evening. Wow alot going on. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Suzi! Blondie tell your son HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Im so glad my work day is done. So much stress right now I just wanna scream till I lose my voice. Thats alota screaming,lol. Laura I understand what its like. We all have our ways and you just be you. Well I wonder how Bride did with her new job today. She may be so wiped out that she may just wanna veg. Thanks Jan, you take care of yourself. Blessings to you all
Paula

sally
November 15th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Trish what a wonderful birthday and Christmas present. Happy BD to you!
Hope everyone is having a good day or had a good day (for the Aussies) :lol:

Blondie
November 15th, 2010, 09:10 PM
:icon_woohoo: It's a beautiful day for a Birthday! :icon_woohoo:

:Dmaking myself my favorite German Chocolate Cake and having some precious friends over to help celebrate ... of course i also have some shopping to do! yippppeeee for msqc and now we get points too! :icon_giggle::D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Birthday/VintageHappyBirthday.jpg

Sorry that I am so late getting back on to get caught up. I don't know how I missed this during my early afternoon break! Hope your day was spiffy!
Blessings in abundance to you.
Blondie

quiltingtrish
November 15th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Blondie - please send my wishes on to your son for a great birthday! Isn't that sweet - he read your blog.
I did try to post on your blog but after 3 or 4 tries, I gave up. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Anyways, You Are My Sunshine is my most favorite. I still sing it to my kids whether they want to hear it or not.
And happy birthday to you too, Blondie for having Paul. I used to give my mom flowers on my birthday, sure missed doing that the past few years. She was always so surprised whenever I would do that, but you know, if it weren't for her, I wouldn't have turned out as good as I am!

Hugs all,
Trish

pdjewelrylady
November 15th, 2010, 10:58 PM
thank you ladies :) had a fun day and my husband made me a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. YAY!:D