PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, Middle of the Month

Blondie
November 14th, 2010, 10:44 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/kittycat2purr41/Decorated%20images/autumn_trees_sunday-1.jpg

Okay, don't slap me. I just realized the date and didn't want to type it. All I can think of is the holidays are upon us and I am so unprepared. I have a tendency to push unpleasant thoughts out of my mind. Like cleaning that junk room so that my cousin will have a place to sleep this Thanksgiving. If I don't think about it, I won't work on it today. What's wrong with me? Do I like living in a pressure cooker? Aren't they known to hiss and rock about and eventually let out steam? Hmmm. That sounds dreadful. Think I will turn the timer on and just work a wee bit at a time until the timer goes off. Then I can play some.

Is Gina okay? I haven't seen her online in a few days. Gina! Say hello ~ Laura, keeping you close in prayer along with our other sisters/families here.

The sun is out, the trees are so pretty with the leaves, the ground is smothered in leaves and acorns. I can smell someone's wood burning stove. It is 25 degrees but will warm up to 60. Sigh. I love this time of year. TTFN.

NM Lady
November 14th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Good morning! Just thought about how close the holidays are to us.

Thinking its time to make the grocery list and get after it, but first have to work today. :(

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

middlesis1966
November 14th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Good Morning Ladies :icon_wave: Its going to be a great day. Ive got a busy one on store. I have alot of things to do that have knowing to do with the holiday, (thank goodness). I'm one who after years of running around like a chicken with my head cut of I stopped to enjoy them. I'm so glad I did. Took a huge load off. WHEW!!!! Its not that I dont love my family, but I just got so keyed up that it wasnt what it was suppose to be anymore. It is a time for being Thankful and Greatful. Well anyway Im gonna stop being a downer. Have a fabulous Sunday and ench each moment of it. Love Ya all!
Paula

janluna
November 14th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Me too Paula. That's the whole idea of Thanksgiving. Being thankful for what we have and the people we love, our friends and family. It's more fun when we just let it roll.
Getting all wound up just puts too much pressure on people. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's time to remember to step back and enjoy each other and the season of love and giving to those we love. And for thanking them for being in our lives. I'm so glad you are back Paula you were greatly missed. Hugs, Jan :icon_hug:

craftyladysam
November 14th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I love the holidays too! Love seeing cars with the tree on top and the tree lots with trees for sale and all the pretty lights! Love the gathering of families to eat and catch up on everything that has gone on since you seen them last. Thank you,Lord, for all these and more that you have given us this past year. May next year be as blessed with families and friends. Love you girls! Saundra

janluna
November 14th, 2010, 02:42 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/kittycat2purr41/Decorated%20images/autumn_trees_sunday-1.jpg

Okay, don't slap me. I just realized the date and didn't want to type it. All I can think of is the holidays are upon us and I am so unprepared. I have a tendency to push unpleasant thoughts out of my mind. Like cleaning that junk room so that my cousin will have a place to sleep this Thanksgiving. If I don't think about it, I won't work on it today. What's wrong with me? Do I like living in a pressure cooker? Aren't they known to hiss and rock about and eventually let out steam? Hmmm. That sounds dreadful. Think I will turn the timer on and just work a wee bit at a time until the timer goes off. Then I can play some.

Is Gina okay? I haven't seen her online in a few days. Gina! Say hello ~ Laura, keeping you close in prayer along with our other sisters/families here.

The sun is out, the trees are so pretty with the leaves, the ground is smothered in leaves and acorns. I can smell someone's wood burning stove. It is 25 degrees but will warm up to 60. Sigh. I love this time of year. TTFN.

This chit chat corner will always be our daily keeping in touch spot. Don't you think. it's where Laura started it and it should stay here. We can talk on the other too but this is the "official " site
Gina is fine Blondie. Just busy with work and Abbey and sewing. She'll be on. If not I'll call and check on her. Love, Jan :icon_hug:

janluna
November 15th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Good night everyone have sweet dreams. Love you all, Jan :icon_wave:

middlesis1966
November 15th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Good night everyone have sweet dreams. Love you all, Jan :icon_wave:

Good night Jan! Have a blessed on!:icon_wave:

quiltingtrish
November 15th, 2010, 02:16 AM
I'm back - it's late and I'm ready for bed.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I had a grand time and got all the fabrics I need for Zach's quilt. I'm ready to start cutting tomorrow if I don't fall asleep right after work.

I love that teddy bear poem ... you can pick him up at either end ... LOVE IT! I need to write that down and put it in a little frame here by my computer.

Got to get to bed. I'll check in tomorrow.

Love ya gals -
HUGS!

hillbilly
November 15th, 2010, 04:05 PM
This chit chat corner will always be our daily keeping in touch spot. Don't you think. it's where Laura started it and it should stay here. We can talk on the other too but this is the "official " site
Gina is fine Blondie. Just busy with work and Abbey and sewing. She'll be on. If not I'll call and check on her. Love, Jan :icon_hug:

I didn't mean to step on toes yesterday. I just was told the first on leaves the first note. I'll not leave the first note again.

Dragonfly
November 15th, 2010, 06:43 PM
I didn't mean to step on toes yesterday. I just was told the first on leaves the first note. I'll not leave the first note again.
I don't think you stepped on any toes, it is the first on starts the post, well thats the way I understood it to be, I've started a post in the past without any issues. Of course I could start them all since I get to tomorrow before anyone else. :lol: It is simply a matter that anyone thinking to start a post checks if one is already there.

Blondie
November 15th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Heck yeah, Hillbilly. The more the merrier. I am certainly not always the early riser!
And Lynn, you had me giggling because our tomorrow is your today. Sort of our look into the future for us and a rear view mirror for you?