PDA

View Full Version : Home sick....I miss my sewing machine!

Nursmate2
January 10th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Oh here goes the whining....I miss my sewing machine and all the pretty fabric. I have been out of town on business since early Sunday morning. What does everyone one else do to keep you busy when your away? Going home Friday night...can't wait!

kelliedi
January 10th, 2013, 01:36 AM
the no sew ornaments are travel friendly....

Sew Perfect
January 10th, 2013, 01:52 AM
I try to take hand work with me. That way, my hands and mind are still active. I think...:lol:

New York Sue
January 10th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Probably, getting acquainted with the city I'm in, I'm thinking. If you don't have a rental car that's tough, or the ease of mind to get out in unfamiliar territory. When I drove across the country a few years back, with my adult daughter, we had a blast! People are SO kind and SO curious as to why you are THERE, and asking where their deli is, especially in a small town.
I have to say, if I was traveling alone, I'd most likely be feeling like you, right now. Can you buddy-up with another conference member? She may be in a room near yours feeling much the same!

Cathy F
January 10th, 2013, 02:57 AM
I usually load up my Nook and take it with me when I travel and read.

nurrsey
January 10th, 2013, 09:50 AM
When I traveled for business I was usually alone....I have social anxiety so I sight seed (sp) a little but mostly stayed in my room reading.

HdWench
January 10th, 2013, 09:53 AM
I got to have either a sewing machine or computer. I love playing cards on the internet or just on computer if my machine is packed and I got to leave it alone for some time. Ohhh do you have someone that can send you pictures of some of your fabric so you can plan what to do when you get home? Just to SEE it would be lovely to dream about what it will become...