PDA

View Full Version : More Prayers Please

phoots
January 9th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Oh my gosh. I'm about to burst into tears again. As most of you know, my BF and I found a lump on my cat's rear leg last Friday. The vet did a needle aspiration to send cells to a pathologist. Today the vet called with the results. It's cancer. My lovely little Daphne has a malignant tumor on her rear leg near her hip.

I had a long talk with the vet and tonight my BF and I had a long talk. The vet suggested we have blood work and x-rays done to see if the cancer has spread. If it hasn't spread we will probably be looking at surgery. The vet explained to me that if they only remove the tumor, there is a very high probability that the cancer will return quickly, within 3 months. The best way to remove all the cancer, assuming it hasn't spread, is to remove her back leg and hip. If the tumor was further down her leg, they could leave her hip.

Please pray for Daphne, but also pray for Marty and I as we need a lot of guidance in the next few weeks.

Thank you all.

Pam in Vegas

BTW - when it rains, it pours. First I lost my job, then my Mom, and now my cat has cancer. I can't win for losing.

auntiemern
January 9th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Oh Pam so sorry to hear this. Our fur babies are like our own children. Will have you all in my prayers. It does seem like when it rains it pours. Your decision is not one I would like to make. Make sure you weigh all your options before you decide what to do. (((Pam)))

Madeforyouinma11
January 9th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. We had a 16 year old cat that was diabetic and then found out he had cancer. It's so hard.
Will be praying for all of you. Marilyn is right...be sure to think long and hard before you make any decision...there are so many things to consider.

Musical_Starling
January 9th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Poor little Daphne, she's definitely in my prayers as are you and Marty. Keep in mind that animals are great at adaptation, so if Daphne's new future only includes three legs, she will adapt accordingly :) There was a cat here on the west coast of the island that was found frozen to a driveway after being hit by a car last February. Trooper is his name, and he lost his leg and tail due to frostbite. But now he's happy and healthy and you'd never know there was anything wrong! Plus, I do believe that our Daisy has a three-legged cat as well, so she knows how well they can get around on just three :D

Monique
January 9th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Oh Pam I am so sorry to hear this. I know you will make the right decision. Seems that things have happened in three's. Maybe it will be good things after this.

Bubby
January 9th, 2013, 09:06 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Pam. I know it's a terribly hard decision to make...my prayers are with you, Marty and Daphne.

Carolyn23
January 9th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. How we love our furry babies! I will be praying for you as you make a decision on how to best treat Daphne.

CrazyMtnLady
January 9th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Pam sorry to hear the news, but as the others have said, cats can adapt quickly. My brother and sister-in-law had a cat named Stinky that got hit with the hay mower and lost a leg. I started calling him Tri-Pod after that.

Lisapc
January 9th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I am praying for you and your kitty!

cyndiofthevortex
January 9th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your kitty, Pam. That's a terrible thing to have happened to her.

EnumclawGramma
January 9th, 2013, 03:59 PM
So sorry to hear this. These fur babies are family and this is just so hard. I'm sorry you're going through this. My heart really goes out to you. Praying for you and hoping for the best.

Tanya D
January 9th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Aw Pam, I'm sorry to hear this awful news.

Divine Daisy
January 9th, 2013, 07:34 PM
This is so sad. Big hugs. One of my cats has three legs and does very well. You have a tough call, I don't envy you

dwil23
January 9th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Pam, so sorry to hear this. We have a three legged dog who doesn't know he is missing a limb. We also foster dogs and have had several come through missing a leg. Animals adapt very well to this sort of thing. Please keep us posted - I will be praying for your precious Daphne. My sister has discovered a lump on our beagles hind leg, she doesn't think it is anything, but will be having it checked out.

SuziC
January 9th, 2013, 07:41 PM
So sorry to hear this. Sending all good thoughts for a healthy outcome!

Shirley
January 9th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Thinking and praying for all of you. Our animals are family!

grannyann
January 9th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Just seems like everything that is going to happen does happen all at once and we wonder what else can go wrong. You certainly have had your share.
Good thoughts and prayers are with you.God Bless .Hugs Ann

sewbizzy
January 10th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Keeping you all in my prayers...

quiltingtrish
January 10th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Awww Pam. I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I'll pray the best is done for her and I've got prayers coming for you and your boyfriend also. They sure can tug at our hearts.

Hugs,

PhantomReader
January 10th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Sorry to hear about your cat. I don't envy your decision. Those little guys become such a big part of our lives.

Lori

Jess1377
January 10th, 2013, 05:19 PM
I am so sorry to hear this, you will remain in my prayers dear Pam.

janluna
January 10th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Pam, Joe and I pray for you every night. We will add your baby as well. Please know how loved you are and how special we all think you are. Life throws us curve balls all the time unfortunately. Please hang in there Sweetie. It has to get better, your three problems are done with now. Better things will happen. Love you so. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.