PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Morning - Time to Smile

Blondie
January 8th, 2013, 06:26 AM

Happy Tuesday, folksies!
It's still dark as midnight here since it is only 4'ish. For some unknown reason I woke up far too early; laid in bed for a bit, thinking of those who need some hugs through prayer and then decided I was not going to wait for the coffee to get brewed. Hubs is now up and thinks that I must have a fever! hahaha! It is generally he who is carrying mugs of the delicious steamy stuff to me not the other way around. Don't worry; I am not starting a trend. I know when I have it good.
Wellsir, yesterday was a nice day for me. In fact, it was almost a stellar day despite the fact that I didn't get too much accomplished. It felt GREAT to be alone in my own house, no company, no extra dogs, just me, my chichi and my kitty. I made a nice fire in the woodstove to take the chill off the basement and sewed for a wee bit while watching Downton Abbey from Sunday night. I made two little gifties for future and began sewing bricks together for a PICU quilt. I finished binding one COC and also sandwiched another. The way I like to work is always have something in the works. I ideally would like to have a few COC's sandwiched and ready to quilt; I may work on getting that done today. I've learned over the past several years to always have some hand stitching ready to go. I still haven't tackled cleaning my space since before the holidays but who cares. No one but me will be seeing it; eventually I will get the gumption to just open the trash can and give it all the heave ho.
Special prayers today for our Ruby and her kin. I woke up with them on my heart and come in here to see she is flying to Atlanta today. I am reminded daily how fortunate and blessed I am - there but by God's grace could be me or mine. How often we take for granted the very air we breathe.
Hugs, prayers and smiles for each one here. Have a wonderful day. Now get out there and smile!

HdWench
January 8th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Good Morning Blondie! (((((((((Hugs))))))) for your cheerful smiling face, and prayers to Rudy's kin.

Well my day yesterday was pretty amazing and blessed. Coffee waiting for me around noon :-) then the mail and UPS began coming and coming! My "new to me" sewing machine came in but I didn't want to open it until I finished the top for the Easy Street Mystery Quilt I've been working so hard on since November -- but, but I couldn't resist :-)

She's out of her stuffy box and plugged in sitting on the dining room table cuz my sewing room looks (probably like everyone else's when your in the middle of 3 things at once)... I call it, Fabric puked all over! Must get a handle on that right? not likely, but now I need to straighten it up enough to get this new gal in there.

Yes, I'm still up wandering the boards during my sewing break - I'll have that top done by daylight - it's only 2:30 am here

Sorry you woke up earlier Blondie!! How nice you got to give the coffee today to your hubby. hmm that sounds delicious, think I've time to make 1 more and get this sewing done!

I'm with you, I like to have a few things all going at the same time but not organized in my room yet so it's awful messy in there right now. Well sitting here "chatting" isn't going to get my next pot brewing or that quilt top finished.

Have an amazing Day everyone!

buckeyequilter
January 8th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Good morning....

Just found out my brother is in ICU having problems breathing. He has pneumonia in both lungs. I'm going to take a couple hours vacation this morning and go see him. I also want to find out how severe his heart attack was.

Well need to get a shower and get ready to go. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

MRoy
January 8th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Good morning! Shirley, prayers going up for your brother. On the TV news this morning, there was discussion about people who don't like to talk to anyone (or basically who don't function) during the first hour after they wake up. I learned I'm not a minority at all. I'm a big talker, just not first thing in the morning when I've not had my wake-up caffeine.

Prayers for safe travel for Ruby as she flies to GA to care for her grandbabies. Prayers and hugs for all who are in need of them.

Bubby
January 8th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Good Morning,

DH let me sleep in a little this morning, but Molly came in and woke me up wanting her breakfast. She insists on staying on schedule.

Special prayers for Ruby and her trip. Shirley, I'm praying for your brother also.

I have no special plans today and will check in later and see how everyone is doing.

Have a good day everyone, Barb

Madeforyouinma11
January 8th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Good morning everyone!
Good thoughts and prayers to Ruby and Shirley, to your brother.

We found out yesterday that my daughter is having a girl! So excited! I was hoping for a girl so I can make all kinds of cute things!
I went to bed very late last night and woke up very hungry this morning. So I just had some cereal and figured I would check in now to see what everyone is up to. Hubby is putting the coffee on.
Today's a day 2 no smoking. I plan on doing more laundry. I did three loads yesterday and have two more plus my towels and sheets! I don't know how I let myself get so behind. I also have to get the rest of my Christmas decorations down today. Ugh...
I won't be able to do any sewing until the house is clean and I'm all caught back up. I'm trying to do the same as Sandy and SuzyQue by de stashing and deep cleaning. Then I can sew again!
I do need to go to Joann's today with my gift certificate from Christmas and take advantage of a 25% off entire purchase coupon that expires today.
I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not but I received a $50 gift certificate to M*QC for Christmas! I was very excited! I still have not spent the $10 I won about a month ago. I was hoping I would get more to put with it. Just need to decide what to get.
Well, gotta go see what everyone is up to!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Prayers out to everyone!

CountryHut
January 8th, 2013, 09:50 AM
G'morning all . .

special (((HUGzzz)))*~ to all those and their families that need them right now . .

just a few things to do today . . .
laundry, a few orders to ship, finish paperwork on state Sale tax (procrastinated long enough),
finish a table runner, make a cake, get onto my younger brother for being a bully to MOM .. *grrr*~ . .
and of course answer the phone -- cuz I know - someone hooked that baby to my sewing machine - almost EVER
time I sit down and get that little needle in postion - the blasted phone rings . .
. . have to visit Mom today . . it's her 81st Birthday . . . I don't have to go far - she lives right next door
Mom is so funny -- last night while chatting with her -- *younger sister on the extention*~ . . I told Mom
we were going to hook her up on a date with hubbys Uncle Oz . . she started to laugh -- she says -- oooh he dn't
care about me . . I said - ooooooh but Mom he ALWAYS asks about you . . then she changed the subject
and starts chatting about Dad and wonders if they will still be married in Heaven -- *Ut oh*~ . . what can one
say -- but -- Dad and sister are always watching over you - just to make sure no one hurts you in anyway . .
I think I will give her a shout this morning and see if she wants to go to the *what she calls*~ the old stores .
she loves to plunder in goodwill and the salvation army . . now there is a Hospice thift store -- might have
to check that out today . .
I suppose it time to wonder off and see what the world has to offer today . .

everyone have stash bashing day . .

buckeyequilter
January 8th, 2013, 09:51 AM
We found out yesterday that my daughter is having a girl! So excited! I was hoping for a girl so I can make all kinds of cute things!

Today's a day 2 no smoking. I plan on doing more laundry.

How wonderful, congratulations!!!

Today is day 4 for me :)...if I would have had one earlier I would have smoked it....but hopefully I'm past that and I'm glad I didn't have any.

I'm thinking about starting a group for the "smoking quitters". Just to give each other some support :) and to those that have already quit or just want to see our progress and give us some encouragement.

kelliedi
January 8th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Good morning all. It seem to be a time for everyone to be de-stashing their stash. Well that is what i did last night and even took a broom to the floor of my sewing room. I knew i was successful when the middle son came in and said "WOW mom you can see the floor" and now i have a lot of room... I called a friend who also quilts and asked if she wanted some material that i would NEVER use so she is coming over to look at it. I don't know what I was thinking, but some of it was all bundled together at a garage sale and I did use the other that was with it, so I got my 1.00 use out of it. everyone have a good day and prayers who need it.

aliaslaceygreen
January 8th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Good morning! Hopping on before Laylabug wakes... that child can SLEEP, let me tell you! Last night she was sitting on the couch in a pile of blankets, and we were pointing to everyone's nose (Grandpa's, the stuffed penquin's, Auntie Arlie's, GiGi's, Layla's, and round and round) and suddenly she just turned, put her face into the blankets and was sound asleep!!!

We had a great day at the museum; Layla tested the acoustics of the lower level and found them fabulously echo-y....

Today is a quilt day after dropping her back to her daddy. I have so many projects that are started, I am just going to grab two and go with it!

Hugs to Ruby and Shirley, and anyone who needs one!

Monique
January 8th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Good morning friends.

Shirley, hang in there, you can do it. And prayers being said for your brother.

Ruby, have a safe trip and hug and kiss those babies for me too, after you are done mushing them up yourself. LOL!!

Diane have a wonderful day with your mother. I sure miss mine.

Cil I would be more than happy to help you spend $$.

Myrna, Bubby and HdWench, Kellie and Trish y'all have a great day.

Blondie, we do take for granted a lot of things. Let's be thankful today and every day. I am thankful for this forum and everyone in it.

After work yesterday, I got out the pattern for the tablet sleeve. I made it but it is too small by about 1/4 inch. So I will make another one a little bit bigger. It did turn out cute just too small. That is about all I have planned today. I think I will make a list of things I would like to get done, in the sewing dept., so that I can follow that for a while. Maybe it will work and maybe it won't. We will see.

Have a blessed day friends. And smile, not matter what kind of day you are having.

MayinJerset
January 8th, 2013, 11:02 AM
I'm up but not smiling, that should come later after I finish my coffee. I also woke up at 4 am and decided to make myself a big mug of tea and watch early morning news on TV. Bad idea, as I had to get up at 5, 6 and 7 to go to the bathroom - tea always does that to me.

Christmas stuff all packed away and now to deal with the gift boxes & wrappings. They'll go on top of my office supply, crafts & misc. gift closet. I know I'll end up reorganizing it as I want to make room for my 2013 Secret Pal Box. After hearing how much everyone enjoyed last year's I just had to join for this year.

Prayers for all my pals here in need, for them and or their family members. May

Lisapc
January 8th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Prayers have been said for Shirley and Ruby.

I had 3 hours sleep the Sunday night and was so tired that I was slap happy last night and couldn't sleep when I tried at 9pm. I fell asleep on the couch an hour later sitting up and woke up in that same spot at 4:30 this morning. Covered in blankets with a heater directed at me to keep me warm. Hubby is so sweet sometimes!

My daughter and her family came over yesterday so that my granddaughter could help me un-decorate the tree and her Mom and Dad could go up into the loft above our garage to get some baby stuff for her new little sister coming next month. Although my granddaughter did a great job taking care of the tree I didn't get anything else I wanted to accomplish the entire day done. I just can't function when they come over. That and no sleep didn't help.

I am already tired but maybe I will have a little more luck being productive today.

Have a wonderful day to all of you!

CrazyMtnLady
January 8th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Good Morning. Prayers for Ruby and Shirley's families.

Just popped in for a few minutes while I down some oatmeal and coffee. DH is off to his regular 3 month check-up at the doctor's office. I have my laundry sorted and am just waiting for it to get above freezing before I go out and start a load. It is suppose to be above 50* today so it is a perfect time to get caught up on laundry. It is suppose to rain Wednesday and Thursday and then be really nice on Friday with highs in the 60s. So today and Friday will be laundry days for me. We really need the rain so it will be really welcomed when it gets here.

I will be glad for the rain, I will be able to stay in and sew!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

bakermom
January 8th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I should have a productive day, no place i have to be until suppertime. I have two baby quilt tops ready to sandwich and quilt. I think I have enough batting for them. then there is another lap-size top that needs to be finished. I will need to find fabric for the backing. they need to get done in the next 2 weeks so i can get them to DD. they will be sent along with things she had made for a charity auction in Feb.
I made chili yesterday so I don't have to worry about supper tonight(or tomorrow for that matter) I know the dog will be nagging for a walk but it is still so icy out there I'm not too keen on walking.

Sandy Navas
January 8th, 2013, 12:32 PM
I'm smiling, but barely. Feeling as if I should have stayed in bed longer. Up later than usual last night but I got more than 9 hours sleep. What is with me?

No idea what the day will bring - I'm waiting for a call from DD to see if she's going to need me or not. If not then I may crawl back in bed.

Ya'll have a great one. Prayers for all in need. Gentle passage, please.

lilmouse
January 8th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Prayers for all in need, hope Ruby has a safe and uneventful flight, and sorry to hear about your brother Shirley, hope he gets better soon! On the agenda for today, lunch with a friend, and sewing.....work tonight for a few hours, and home to bed, am taking Steve's sister and BIL to airport tomorrow and have to be at their place by 6:30a.m. Usually I am sound asleep then; should be interesting...come home from work, do a little stitching and go to bed with alarm set for 5 or 5:30....then I am off for two and a half days....yeah!!!

SuzyQue
January 8th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Good morning to all! Prayers for Ruby's travel and Matt's surgery and all those little hugs and sweet kisses to be stolen! Congrats to Shirley for 4 days of no smoking and continued good luck on this goal. I said more prayers for your brother...may you find him better today. Congrats to Cil for one day no smoking and good luck on more! Even more congrats for the new baby girl grand! I think that money will be well spent on new pink and frilly fabrics! Enjoy!

I got my templates all printed and cut out for the Farmer's Granddaughter quilt along and cut out the first 2 blocks....times 2! I am making double blocks while I go. Not sure what size I will be finishing this at and it might be just as easy to do 2 at once. We will see how this goes. I had made these 2 blocks about 3 years ago when I attempted this quilt myself. .......but they didn't turn out the correct size. Life quickly got in my way......so I am looking forward to having that nudge every week to continue this project and get it off my list of want to do's! I am using only fabrics that I have on hand.....till I get to sashing and backing at least. This will be a scrappy and fun reminder of loved scraps and pieces of fabric from 3 women's stashes. (mine, my mom's, and my mil's) I hope I can keep up!

I have finished 13 preemie quilts and have laid out fabric for the next several. I plan at making at least 20 and maybe 26. This will be my pif for the Sandy Hook victims. It has been fun to sew with baby prints and the pattern is easy and soothing to work with....for me. I pray as I sew each one for the tiny infant that this might cover and the parents it might comfort. I pray I might never need to give one for my own family, but I am thinking of making a few extra to put back......just for emergencies. I have the pattern perfected and down pat now!

So far I have been meeting my goal of sewing/quilting everyday this year. I am sure this might not happen daily......but I am trying to make it a habit for now. Life has a way of rearranging my life.......but I hope to get tons more sewing time in by trying to get there more often. If I strive for a couple times a week, I won't get there at all. If I strive for daily, I should make it at least 4-5 times a week on those harder weeks.

Hugs and prayers for those that need them. Go enjoy your day. Sunny and a tad bit warmer here today. NO telling what the day will bring......but I do have 2 quilt blocks cut and waiting! (that might be the best incentive........always have things ready to sew.....like Blondie said about having hand sewing ready) I am breezing through the housework....thanks, Bubby (I believe that is who perfected her quick clean process) Off to meet the day!

Madeforyouinma11
January 8th, 2013, 01:57 PM
How wonderful, congratulations!!!

Today is day 4 for me :)...if I would have had one earlier I would have smoked it....but hopefully I'm past that and I'm glad I didn't have any.

I'm thinking about starting a group for the "smoking quitters". Just to give each other some support :) and to those that have already quit or just want to see our progress and give us some encouragement.
I think that's a great idea! I've been trying to jump around and catch the posts.
Hang in there..you've gone four days! The first 3 days is supposed to be the worse. Deep breaths...

Tanya D
January 8th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Good day everyone!

The sky is clear and the sun is shining! It's still cold out but the sun warms my heart and soul and makes me SMILE!

The hubby headed out of town this morning and won't be back until Thursday night...this kind of makes me smile too, although I'll miss him, I enjoy that little bit of space now and then.

I went to my first quilting bee lastnight and got the backing done for my double slice and continued working on my Wiggly Whimsy. I also learned a few things and got to oogle over everyone else's projects. It was nice to visit with the ladies but I must say, the set up wasn't ideal and there was one lady there that was a bit of a know-it-all and braggy pants...she kind of got on my nerves after a short time.

Not much else going on here. Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts to all who need them. Have a great day everyone :)

shannonsaulter
January 8th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Good Morning all!!!!
Prayers for all in need!
Its my Sunday back to work tomorrow..I finished my Jungle Bungle baby quilt yesterday and got fabric cut for a 10 min table runner and some mug rugs...may get some sewing done later...right now enjoying my coffee then its off to lunch with a friend...
I have not taken the step to quit yet am gonna try and get to Kmart and check out the patch after the horrible trip to the pharmacy and not wanting to spend $200.... There are several people I know at work quitting and I know I can beat it but I do enjoy it maybe if I didnt feel forced to quit by my insurance co. threatening to raise the rates I'd just do it..yep rebeleous thats me...lol
Hope everyone finds one reason to smile today!
My neighbor loved her quilt by the way and was very surprised Imade it for her...we barely know eachother since we only moved in last year and my work schedule is crazy...

(((HUGS))) and prayers to all!!!

cyndiofthevortex
January 8th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Today I have been at a loss as to what to do. So I cleaned the kitchen. Not very exciting but it is calming to walk into a tidy kitchen. As I've been trying to catch up with what's going on here I have thought of a few things I could do with my day. I have 8 pillowcases ready to sew up and I have a nice sunflowery Summer in the Park all cut with most of the blocks made and the rest cut out. It is sunny here which has somewhat helped my don't-know-what-to-do-with-myself mood. I'm just out of sorts today. Ever have days like that? Prayers for Ruby and Shirley and all who visit here.

aliaslaceygreen
January 8th, 2013, 02:50 PM
I went to my first quilting bee lastnight and got the backing done for my double slice and continued working on my Wiggly Whimsy. I also learned a few things and got to oogle over everyone else's projects. It was nice to visit with the ladies but I must say, the set up wasn't ideal and there was one lady there that was a bit of a know-it-all and braggy pants...she kind of got on my nerves after a short time.
e

There is ALWAYS one... I have a different one at each of my groups!

sewbizzy
January 8th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Hello Blondie...
Yea, I am cleaning the cupboard in my sewing room today, so just wanted to pop in and say-----
Prayers being sent also to Ruby and Shirley....strength for those quitting smoking!!! I know all about that...it has been 17 years since I quit...
Hugs and blessings to all...

auntiemern
January 8th, 2013, 04:33 PM
I almost slept the day away. Musta needed it I guess. Lot going on with the folks here today. Prayers for Shirley's brother, Ruby, Matt, his granny and anyone else I may have missed. Was gonna try to get the girls quilts sandwiched today, but gonna put that off. They will be here tomorrow and I don't want to take a chance on the seeing them. Thinkin I may start on a PICU quilt. Haven't done one yet this year, so feeling kind of behind. December and the first part of the new year were just not good to me physically. Need to play catch up. Hugs and blessings to all. Will be back later to see what everyone is up to.

Kizzie
January 8th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Morning lovely ladies - Althought I'm late to the party (my wednesday morning here) and I guess its always going to be that way !

Matilda Glenn and I wish Oma the safest travel to go see her family and I hope Matt does ok in this surgery - my thoughts and prayers with you. -

Shirley wishing your brother a fast recovery hubby had pneumonia and every cold flu he gets now hits him to timbucktoo.

Lovely to finally catch up on everyones lives - I wll post an update on Kizzies Thread
But I just want to deeply appologise for not being myself lately - I have had alot of things go on but I'm just so glad I found you all again your kind words mean so much my PM's etc I missed you all

Hope everyone has a great day and I will be back on again later today or tomorrow :)

quiltingtrish
January 9th, 2013, 12:51 AM
It's great to have you back Kizzie!

All I have to say for tonight is - sometimes I wonder where I found my dear husband from. He says a lady he plays poker with wants me to make her a quilt, queen size, and she will buy it. It doesn't matter what color or design. Hello? I need to know colors and design. That's just the way it works with me. I don't even know this lady, I think I need to talk to her. Price? I'm thinking around $200. (and I think that's cheap) since it is queen size and handsewn binding. Of course since I finished my photo project and have hard copies of the quilts I've made, I could show her those and get an idea of what she likes. I've never sold a quilt before.

Was looking at the Pinterest sites - found lots of repins I've made. Now, I'll have to go back someday and follow you all.

Well, hate to run. It's late and bedtime. The next 2 days I work again after school. Saturday will be a fun day - my quilting day with my friend and hopefully my sister this time. I'll be cutting out a Valentines quilt.

Hugs,

Jean Sewing Machine
January 9th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Morning lovely ladies - Althought I'm late to the party (my wednesday morning here) and I guess its always going to be that way !

Matilda Glenn and I wish Oma the safest travel to go see her family and I hope Matt does ok in this surgery - my thoughts and prayers with you. -

Shirley wishing your brother a fast recovery hubby had pneumonia and every cold flu he gets now hits him to timbucktoo.

Lovely to finally catch up on everyones lives - I wll post an update on Kizzies Thread
But I just want to deeply appologise for not being myself lately - I have had alot of things go on but I'm just so glad I found you all again your kind words mean so much my PM's etc I missed you all

Hope everyone has a great day and I will be back on again later today or tomorrow :)Missed you, also, Kizzie! How's that little darling of yours? Have you been quilting lately?

Claire Hallman
January 9th, 2013, 01:23 PM
It's great to have you back Kizzie!

All I have to say for tonight is - sometimes I wonder where I found my dear husband from. He says a lady he plays poker with wants me to make her a quilt, queen size, and she will buy it. It doesn't matter what color or design. Hello? I need to know colors and design. That's just the way it works with me. I don't even know this lady, I think I need to talk to her. Price? I'm thinking around $200. (and I think that's cheap) since it is queen size and handsewn binding. Of course since I finished my photo project and have hard copies of the quilts I've made, I could show her those and get an idea of what she likes. I've never sold a quilt before.
I am thinking that is too cheap, your materials could easily cost you that much and that would pay you nothing for your time. She needs to have a talk with you about what she expects to pay and that might make a big difference in how much research into patterns, etc that you need to do.
Having made custom draperies for a long time, I realize that most people have no idea about how much things should cost. Lots of people think it should be cheaper than a discount store because after all, you make it in your basement.:icon_heh: