PDA

View Full Version : Doing a little happy dance

Jean Sewing Machine
January 7th, 2013, 01:21 PM
I THINK, shhhh, don't want to say it too loud, but I think I'm finished with making costumes for my first show of 2013. I'm sure mr. director will find something for me to change, but right now, I'm salivating over a stash closet that needs rearranging. No telling what I might find in there, forgotten Daily Deals, jelly rolls that rolled off the shelf. I can't wait to dive in!

Lisapc
January 7th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Congratulations! Just remember not to agree to a show in October, I know you have plans!

Jean Sewing Machine
January 7th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Congratulations! Just remember not to agree to a show in October, I know you have plans!
Absolutely! NO, NO, NO, NO! ( gotta get that word on my tongue just in case someone dares to ask! )

shannonsaulter
January 7th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Woohoo..have fun and jump right in...

auntiemern
January 7th, 2013, 01:44 PM
N-O two very powerful letters when put together. Now give it a try. Have fun with your stash.

Sandy Navas
January 7th, 2013, 02:41 PM
I can just picture Jean:
http://withinaquarterinch.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/piles.jpg

stitching woman
January 7th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Jean be careful and don't let your stash fall on you! Have fun and don't let anyone or anything come between you and your trip to MSQC.

Momofmonsters5
January 7th, 2013, 04:35 PM
The sad thing about this thread is I caught myself enlarging the pic and investigating all the fabric in the pic......wow I have fabric addiction lol

Jean Sewing Machine
January 7th, 2013, 04:40 PM
I can just picture Jean:
http://withinaquarterinch.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/piles.jpgYes, Sandy, it sort of looks like this.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 7th, 2013, 04:40 PM
The sad thing about this thread is I caught myself enlarging the pic and investigating all the fabric in the pic......wow I have fabric addiction lolremember, this is Sandy's stash!

SuzyQue
January 7th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Sandy-----I have several pieces in my stash that is in yours, too! I wish I had known you had that one.......but I worked it out. I made the most adorable baby quilt that my kids are all fighting over...............and NO babies in sight! I thought you had your stash all on boards and organized by color! Please don't tell me these are all new acquisitions!

Beach Cottage Quilter
January 7th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Sandy...you could make the World's BIGGEST D9P...are you up for Breaking World Records this Week?lol

Oh Jean, Happy day for you to orginize and see lost forgotten fabrics, Have Fun! lol Mean while I'm over here trying to get the DING DANG printer to print out 15 pages of Farmer's Wife Template Patterns pcs, Oi'

p.s. if anyone is looking for a Epson printer this week pm me and I'll tell ya about a secret code for this week on their website...Seriously...I'm Serious!

Klasien
January 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Congrats Jean!

You could wait with your stash rearanging.....I can help you in october!!!
Sit back, relax and enjoy the feeling the costumes are done!!!

Oh and Sandy, I can't see a picture.......... :(

GrammaBabs
January 7th, 2013, 06:05 PM
36156I'm getting there...

GrammaBabs
January 7th, 2013, 06:08 PM
This ladder has 4 steps... missed on coming down yesterday... the hip got it's FIRST REAL STRETCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ouch!!
The folded piles are going into drawer space... only 2 or three more nights of "folding in fron of the TV"... i really miss knitting and crochet!!! but this is going to be worth it.. i know it... !!

Jean Sewing Machine
January 7th, 2013, 06:40 PM
This ladder has 4 steps... missed on coming down yesterday... the hip got it's FIRST REAL STRETCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ouch!!
The folded piles are going into drawer space... only 2 or three more nights of "folding in fron of the TV"... i really miss knitting and crochet!!! but this is going to be worth it.. i know it... !!
Barb, I said "Oh no!". When I read ths post! Baby that new hip! Ok?

Sandy Navas
January 7th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Okay, okay - I'm NOT that bad, ladies! I swiped that photo off the internet, just because I thought I could see one of Jean's hands peeping out near the back. That is not my stash.

SuzyQue - you need to get B through school, M through school and married, and talk to that oldest son and tell him you need grandkids.

Divine Daisy
January 7th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Be strong Jean........ no shows in October! Now get to some quilting woman.

SuziC
January 7th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Good for you!

cyndiofthevortex
January 7th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Jean, I might have missed it but do you have a quilting goal for this year? A quilt a week, something like that?

Barb, do not hurt yourself! Be careful!

Sandy, where's a picture of your real stash? We'd all like to see it!

SuzyQue
January 7th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Sandy-----oh, man......I thought we had matching and coordinating fabrics to share! Confess......it is your stack and I will come help you wrap it up like the rest. I will be a gramma someday.......but B is just 16, M is just 21. and E is not employed as of yet.....still finishing up that PhD with a wife about to start residency. They don't need a baby just yet! I will wait! It is a patience lesson for me!!!! I will have stacks of baby quilts done by the time those grands get here......so I will have many to donate to Marilyn!!!

SuzyQue
January 7th, 2013, 07:59 PM
GrammaBabs---way to go! I am so proud of you! You will get there.....keep up the great work! BUT......please be more careful on that stepstool!

Jess1377
January 7th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Hooray for you Jean!! I just love getting in to my stash but sometimes get a bit overwhelmed too with all the projects I want to do all at once! :) Now, Sandy, a stash picture might be fun eh? ;) GrammaBabs, your progress is really coming along, hooray for you too!! (of course be careful and do what you can) Suzy, I saw a bunch of fabrics I own in that pile too :D

bkthomas
January 7th, 2013, 08:08 PM

Barb!!! You're freakin' us all out here!!! Up on a ladder!!! Really!!!

Sandy Navas
January 7th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Jean, I might have missed it but do you have a quilting goal for this year? A quilt a week, something like that?

Barb, do not hurt yourself! Be careful!

Sandy, where's a picture of your real stash? We'd all like to see it!

I think most of it shows in my sewing room pictures in my album . . .

Jean Sewing Machine
January 7th, 2013, 08:30 PM
I think most of it shows in my sewing room pictures in my album . . .
Can we see the fabric through the stash of vintage sewing machines?

Madeforyouinma11
January 7th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Jean, that is so exciting! How many shows do you sew for each year? Hope you get to your stash and are able to sew up a storm! Have we ever seen pics of your stash and sewing area? Please post some, would love to see!
Sandy, you need to post pics too!
Babs, love the progress, but nothing is worth getting hurt ..Be Careful!
Love to see everyone's stash...mine is not quite as large as others, but I'm working on it!

auntiemern
January 7th, 2013, 09:25 PM
I will have stacks of baby quilts done by the time those grands get here......so I will have many to donate to Marilyn!!! I like your way of thinking Susie.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 7th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Jean, that is so exciting! How many shows do you sew for each year? Hope you get to your stash and are able to sew up a storm! Have we ever seen pics of your stash and sewing area? Please post some, would love to see!
Sandy, you need to post pics too!
Babs, love the progress, but nothing is worth getting hurt ..Be Careful!
Love to see everyone's stash...mine is not quite as large as others, but I'm working on it!I'm doing 4 in 2013, two small, one large and one that We've done before so we have the costumes for it.

I'm not ready to display my stash, and it's spread out. Some day I'll do that and share.

Madeforyouinma11
January 9th, 2013, 03:15 PM
I'm doing 4 in 2013, two small, one large and one that We've done before so we have the costumes for it.

I'm not ready to display my stash, and it's spread out. Some day I'll do that and share.

Wow, that is a lot of work, but you do a great job!

Jean Sewing Machine
January 9th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Shouldn't have done the dance quite so quick. The actor who I was sewing for split the backside out of the pants, mainly because he "LIED" to me and told me his waist size was 40, when indeed it was 46! He was wearing the pants so low on his hips that the crotcch was halfway down his legs, and then he was walking on the hems! I was so mad about this! I've found that men do that! Next time I'll just use the tape measure and prove the lying critter was in fantasy land about his waist size!

Had to rebuild his entire suit and add a vest. I offered an alternative suit in rehearsal last night, he looked sharp. But there is a line in the show that says, "I was wearing the suit that my mother made for me and man was that thing scratchy". So we've been calling this the itchy wool suit, and the alternative that I provided was not a suit and looked too well made! Oh well, it was back to the sewing room for me today to rip out the waistband of the pants to add extra girth, give a few gussets to the coat to accomodate extra tummy room, and now down to the costume dungeon to make a vest to go with the suit, to cover the belly in case the coat can't cover the issue. But, this young rotund tenor won my heart last night, because he sang gloriously, and I'm now a cougar in love!

mamaquilt
January 9th, 2013, 04:55 PM
happy diving!

Michèle