PDA

View Full Version : SUNDAY JANUARY 6TH ALREADY

Monique
January 6th, 2013, 10:08 AM

Ok I know time flies but does it have to go this fast? I am still all mixed up in my days since the holidays. I do know I have to work tomorrow for a couple of hours so I know it is Monday.

Yesterday afternoon I went shopping by myself. It felt kind of nice to be on my own for a change. It is snowing AGAIN here. Not much but just enough to keep me at home today. I bought some green fabric yesterday for I can make Sadie a pouch for her tablet. I might try and get that done today. But not before I do a little housework. My living room is next on the agenda. Hubby and I have been sneezing, so I think there must be a lot of dog hair under the couch.

I noticed that "Pay it Forward" is really catching on. This is such a giving forum.

Well Blondie is not here yet, so everyone SMILE!

buckeyequilter
January 6th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Good morning.....

I was waiting for someone to come in with the "good morning".

I need to get away from this computer because this is Day 2 of no smoking and the urge is to smoke is strong this morning. I'm going out to my smoke-free sewing room and get busy. I think I'll get out the fabric for my quilt and then decide what pattern I want to use.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

Bubby
January 6th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Good Morning Monique!

I'm smiling right along with you!! I've been up since 3 am and have been embroidering some more snowflakes. I sent off several to a friend in Oregon who is sending me a whole FQ pack of designer fabric!! I'll post pictures when it arrives.

All of our Christmas decorations are packed in their bins ready to go back into the storage unit later today. I will be glad to get everything cleaned up and organized. The holidays are beautiful, but then it's time to go forwardinto the new year and get busy!

We had a long day working at the apartments yesterday. DH said he got a lot done, but I don't feel I accomplished that much. I may have to go back there later this week and put in a full day of cleaning.

I wish everyone a restful Sunday....Hugs, Barb

ginampls
January 6th, 2013, 10:45 AM
ah morning folks. i am well. been super duper busy. my chore list just keeps getting bigger. I had a fantastic new years. and have some new goals.
!) clean ....so i can make space for my sewing machine...
2) work on garment sewing. i haven't made something to wear in a very long time..
that's it. those are my goals. oh and finish Abbey's quilt.
root me on girls... i need a cheer section.. love you all.

CrazyMtnLady
January 6th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Good morning. The sun is shining but it sure is cold.
We didn't do anything yesterday but watch movies. It was a really lazy day. I have no idea what is going to happen today except I am going to tackle the kitchen and also get a stew going in the crock pot. I really don't want to do anything.. I have such a lack of energy.
But that could be because I just got up and haven't even had a cup of coffee yet.

I need a couple days of over 50* weather so I can get some laundry done. I really hate this time of year when I need to do laundry. It is just too cold to go stand out in the pavilion and wash clothes and hang on the line. If we don't get some better temps soon DH will have to break down and take me to the laundromat. Which he hates to do because it just spends money. :( So I have an over flowing hamper that I am not too happy about. Weatherman is talking about some over 50 days coming up but they are also talking about rain.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Hugs and Prayers to all.

aliaslaceygreen
January 6th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Good morning.... Coffee in hand, ready to face the day. Well. Maybe. I have to head to work for 10 am, and when I come home start on the undecorating.... Layla here tomorrow, but I am off for two days! I have a nice pile off addresses now.... think PIF is gonna be a hit all around!

Take care,

Cathy F
January 6th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Morning All!

Woke up this morning to a a light dusting of snow, glad it wasn't more than that. Not much on my agenda today so I should be able to get back up to my sewing room. Was up there yesterday working on some more cell phone purses but guess my mind wasn't co-operating, sewed the back panel on inside out then had to rip it all out. When I do things like that I know it's time to put it away for another day. Sooo hope today my mind is more togther:)

I have started my list of projects for Christmas 2013, and have started looking for fabric. I am determined to keep this years resolution to be done with all my gifties by September. Hope you'll all remind me of that resolution as the year goes by!

Well, I'm off to bake a cake and make some icing, I have a new class of beginning cake decorating students starting tomorrow and have to show them how to put a cake together and ice it professionally. Hubby always likes the start of my beginning classes as he gets to eat the cake when I get home with it!

Hugs to all that need a few extra this week.

MRoy
January 6th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Good morning! All Christmas un-decorating is done here. I left my porch trees out so the front of the house doesn't look so bare.
Hang in there Shirley! I never smoked but if quitting is anything close to dieting, then I know it's hard...but you can do it and we're cheering you on!

Sandy Navas
January 6th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Sunday morning! I hope it is comfy in NC because Blondie said she'd be helping someone move . . . I hope I never have to do that again. But, then I remember all the additional 'stuff' I've MOVED into this house since I bought it . . . no wonder I can't get out of my computer chair, there's too much junque in my way.

I'm still on my de-stashing, cleaning, re-arranging kick and today I'll be tackling the living room. Finished the dining room yesterday as well as doing some much needed grocery shopping. The Christmas tree will come down today, too - finally.

My fingers are itching to get back in the sewing room but I have promised myself until the bedroom and bath are cleaned that I won't even go there - and that's tomorrow's job. Oh, how I wish SuzyQue lived closer so she could keep me on track.

Enough of my gibberish. Here's to a wonderful Sunday filled with Glory!

MayinJerset
January 6th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Guess I'm not the only one putting Christmas stuff away this weekend. Almost finished as I put last of them on dining room. Room is getting pretty crowded as I've been doing a big laundry and clean clothes are being sorted in there also. Filled DH's big laundry basket to overflowing but he better get that stuff away as I'm washing his jeans and socks this morning. Dryer had died and laundry piled up until we received our new one.

Light snow on the ground here so I might not go to Guild meeting this afternoon. Been debating with myself as we haven't met as a group since Oct because Nov. meeting was cancelled due to poweoutage from the hurricane so there's a lot to catch up with. On the other hand if I go out for the 2pm meeting it messes up the day and I'll never get the last of the decorations away or the laundy finished. I'll wait until I have another cup of coffee to decide.

Later, May

nanaleslie
January 6th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Good morning ladies,

It looks like a winter wonderland outside this morning here in Ontario, Canada. I have all my holiday decor put away so now I need to finish cleaning up the rooms I've been neglecting. I cleaned and organized my sewing room yesterday, and yes it feels great to start the new projects of 2013 in a clean organized space. So I better get started on the bedroom. Happy Sunday everyone!

Koda
January 6th, 2013, 12:55 PM
We had a good amount of sticky wet snow last night which means I will have to take out the snowblower and dance it around out in the driveway for a bit. Not so bad with some music plugged into my ears, but I'd rather be sewing. Today is also the day for packing away decorations and getting the house back to normal. Seems like I have company in doing this today.

Suppose I should put the tablet down and get moving on these things so I can come back and see what everyone else has been up to and watch football this afternoon.

Namaste,
Koda

buckeyequilter
January 6th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Hang in there Shirley! I never smoked but if quitting is anything close to dieting, then I know it's hard...but you can do it and we're cheering you on!

I think it's harder than dieting...I've never been addicted to food (unless you count the Hostess orange cupcakes - but now I'm no longer addicted to those) but I've been addicted to nicotine for a lot of years. I really don't know which is harder to break the addiction or the habit. I need all the cheering on I can get....thanks :)

auntiemern
January 6th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Morning all. I feel so accomplished this morning after my marathon day yesterday. I got GD #2 quilt top completed, and even managed to get 12 QOC cirlces, made and cut out, along with the blocks to sew them to. I hope they are ok. Today I will get those finished, and maybe go get the backing for the 2 GD quilts. Those may be a challenge for me to quilt. Since I started machine quilting I haven't done anything bigger than a lg baby quilt or lap blanket. Guess I will soon find out, lol.
Got all the holiday decorations taken down and put away earlier in the week, and got the common areas of the house back together. But what has become my fabric stash room, now that is another story. That room is gonna take me a month to de-clutter and organize in there. Hang in there Shirley, if you really want to do it, I know you can.

Claire Hallman
January 6th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I think it's harder than dieting...I've never been addicted to food (unless you count the Hostess orange cupcakes - but now I'm no longer addicted to those) but I've been addicted to nicotine for a lot of years. I really don't know which is harder to break the addiction or the habit. I need all the cheering on I can get....thanks :)
It is harder than dieting, you can totally do without smoking but you do have to eat.:(
Keep up the good work, I quit before there were patches, etc and it was not as hard as I thought it might be. I had smoked for 25 years and now have not smoked 28 more, it feels good not to smoke and you will smell ever so much better. I had never realized how bad it smelled to others, I thought they smelled good.:lol: Now I know better.

bhaggerty
January 6th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Hang in their Shirley! You can do it!!

Today, I am taking down our Christmas decorations. Our house always looks so bare after Christmas!
But, need to do it.
Hope to get to work on my January UFO today, but doubt I will get to do much sewing today at all!
Need to focus on housework, laundry and Christmas decorations!

Sandy Navas
January 6th, 2013, 02:11 PM
It is harder than dieting, you can totally do without smoking but you do have to eat.:(
Keep up the good work, I quit before there were patches, etc and it was not as hard as I thought it might be. I had smoked for 25 years and now have not smoked 28 more, it feels good not to smoke and you will smell ever so much better. I had never realized how bad it smelled to others, I thought they smelled good.:lol: Now I know better.

Isn't that the truth. I believe I have mentioned in here before about a discussion I had with my then 6YO DGD after I'd quit smoking. We were in a store and walked past a man who was a smoker. I made a face because the smell totally turned my stomach. I told Sierra "I don't know how you girls ever stood to be around me when I smoked." And, with child-like innocence she told me, "It was easy, Nana, we just held our breath."

One of the most important reasons for quitting - other than the improvement of your personal health, energy level, self-esteem!!

http://www.alldaychemist.com/quit_smoking/images/banner-of-smoking.jpg

RFREE
January 6th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Happy Sunday everyone. Can't say Morning because it is after 1 here. I have been in the sewing room making a couple of burp cloths and a receiving blanket for a baby shower I am going to this afternoon. I intended to make one of Jennys self binding baby blankets but stupid me only bought 1 yard of fabric! You need A 30" square and a 40" square but I bought a yard each of 2 flannel fabrics making one of them 4" shy of the 40 "only being a yard. Well DUUUUUUUU. I made due. Hope she likes what I made her.Yall have a great Sunday.
Hugs from Ky
Rhonda

Grace38
January 6th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Hi everyone,

I also put all the Christmas decorations away and it was nice to see the house back to normal. Today is our 51st anniversary. Unfortuately my husband does not remember. He has memory issues. It is so hard because he doesn't remember what was said ten minutes ago. My only salvation that keeps me going is my sewing. It is so sad because health wise he is like a 20 year old. Hope everyone has a Happy New year.

Grace

shannonsaulter
January 6th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Hi everyone!!! its my Friday!!!!
Dr appt tomorrow for a checkup anmd some stop smoking help...
I am hoping to get a bit of sewing done tomorrow and am trying to decide what my pay it forward projects will be..
Have a great day all!!!

buckeyequilter
January 6th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Hi everyone!!! its my Friday!!!!
Dr appt tomorrow for a checkup anmd some stop smoking help...
I am hoping to get a bit of sewing done tomorrow and am trying to decide what my pay it forward projects will be..
Have a great day all!!!

I got Wellbutrin from the doc...but haven't even taken one pill. I'm not so sure I want to take them so I'm trying the patch. I took them for a while a couple of years ago...never even slowed down with my smoking. I told DH that I think I just have to make up my mind and do it. So I guess I'll see what happens.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 6th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Hi, good afternoon! I was wondering when our neighborhood would wind down on Christmas lights. Well, my next door neighbors took theirs down yesterday, and today the guy who installs them on houses who don't do ladders ( ME!) was in my driveway taking mine down! Now, if only he would come in and put my artificial tree away, I 'd be de- Christmased.

grammakim04
January 6th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Hi Everyone, beautiful sunshine in Alberta today. My husband was well enough to accompany me to Church today, first time in 6 months, it was wonderful.
Shirley, hang in there, you will feel so much better once you kick smoking.

Today I'm continuing to take down the Christmas ornaments (we really decorate the house).

Have a good day everyone!

Kim

Ginny B
January 6th, 2013, 07:41 PM
No un-decorating for us today. Except for the Christmas tree (which we will work on gradually during the week), we will be leaving our decorations up until the end of January. I will have all four of my sons together for the first time in over 2 years and we will be celebrating with them. DS # 3 arrives on 1/18 and DS #4 arrives on 1/23. We are so excited. #3's fiance' has never been to New York so we are anxious to show her around.

I have been working on some Yankee mug rugs for the boys today. Don't have much energy -- I seem to have a bit of a cold. I did get 4 loads of laundry done though.

Have a good Sunday evening everyone.

Ginny B

ginampls
January 6th, 2013, 08:10 PM
i have decided to stay a smoker.. i become such a not nice person with out them..

Sandy Navas
January 6th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Hi everyone,

I also put all the Christmas decorations away and it was nice to see the house back to normal. Today is our 51st anniversary. Unfortuately my husband does not remember. He has memory issues. It is so hard because he doesn't remember what was said ten minutes ago. My only salvation that keeps me going is my sewing. It is so sad because health wise he is like a 20 year old. Hope everyone has a Happy New year.

Grace

Happy Anniversary, Grace. I am sharing your frustration - but I am certain your husband is still in love with you in his own way. May you have patience and many more years together.

Madeforyouinma11
January 7th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Good morning.....

I was waiting for someone to come in with the "good morning".

I need to get away from this computer because this is Day 2 of no smoking and the urge is to smoke is strong this morning. I'm going out to my smoke-free sewing room and get busy. I think I'll get out the fabric for my quilt and then decide what pattern I want to use.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

I'm going to be right with you starting tomorrow. Hubby and I are having our last cigarettes to tonight. We went to the grocery store today and bought stuff for a big fruit salad and for a big tossed salad. We got cereals and other good things to munch on since we both know that we will be eating more and don't want it to always be junk food. I wanted to have something that would always be available and quick. We also went to CVS and got our first week of patches. I've heard many success stories using the patch so we are going to try it. Are you using anything? Maybe we can give each other support. I think shannonsaulter is also quitting. We need to help each other out...we can do this! I for one know that my house will be spotless. I need to keep busy if I'm not going to be smoking, and I'm going to want to get the smell out. Many loads of laundry and lots of Mr.Clean! Good luck!

Flannel
January 7th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Good Morning and best wishes to everyone stopping smoking.

I'm going to quit after I finish I'm done smoking the ones I have (bout a 1-1/2 packs). I said that before the New Year also. Had my "last" before midnight and only made it until about noon on New Years Day. Going to give it another go.