PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!!..........l love my dog so damm much

Lisaau
January 5th, 2013, 08:38 PM
OMG!!!!..........l love my dog so damm much...........sugar came up to me and she was staring at me really intently like she was trying to tell me something or wanted something. So l said "show me" she runs over to the cabinet with my marine tank on it and jumps up and down and l thought she might have just realised there was fish up there so l picked her up to have a look and she was wagging her tail so fast and was kinda excited and then l happen to look at the front of the tank just underneath the front of the tank and it was a little wet then l looked down to the next shelf and there was puddle sitting there.

Tank was a little full and it had over flowed at the back ...OMG!!! this is the 2nd or 3rd time my little girl has alerted me to something not being right the first time was water leaking a couple of yrs ago from a tank and it was landing on a power board and the board was smoking.

How the heck did she know there was water leaking this time OMG!!! l love my little girl

Tanya D
January 5th, 2013, 08:42 PM
That is awesome! You have one smart puppy!

She deserves a jackpot of treats :)

MayinJerset
January 5th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Yes, some special treats are needed for your very special dog. By the way, what's this smart dog's name? May

bkthomas
January 5th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Get down on Sugars level and you will understand - that and the fact that dogs are just plain smart!
When my DD was 3 years old and I could not find my keys - I got down on my hands and knees and started looking - FOUND 'EM!!!

Monique
January 5th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Yes a smart dog indeed.

kelliedi
January 5th, 2013, 09:15 PM
probably smelled the fishy water and licked it too

Winniesfriend
January 5th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Smart puppy.

pcbatiks
January 5th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Don't you just love em! That's so cool that Sugar alerted you on 2 different occasions! She deserves a belly rub and a treat!!

BellasQuilts
January 5th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Totally awesome. Animals get us better than we get them I think. My Lab talks to me sometimes when she wants something. It's so cute i should video it. But yes, love on that pup with hugs and treats and belly rubs!!!!!

madampolo
Awe. That is so sweet. I love my four cats and one dog, too. The house would be empty without them.

shannonsaulter
How awesome!!!! give her a hug for me and a good scratch..I know the feeling about love your pup my 3 are as much family as my kids...

auntiemern
January 5th, 2013, 09:53 PM
How wonderful. Our furry friends are so smart. Actually smarter than some people I know, lol.

Musical_Starling
January 5th, 2013, 10:25 PM
They are certainly smart creatures! And cats too :) I remember back in 2010 we had moved in to an apartment building, and I went over early with the cats before hubs and the movers showed up. So I had let the cats run around and get used to the place (note, no movers = no furniture). Anyway, little miss Boots decides to go exploring and I can't find her. Hubs calls to say that him and the movers just left and they're on their way, so I had to find the cats and lock them in the bathroom so they don't get out. No problem. Uh-oh. Where's Boots? I'm in an EMPTY APARTMENT! Where in the heck could she be? Panic sets in. Shadow is on top of the fridge, no doubt laughing at me, and I'm almost in tears because my little girl is missing. So I look at Shadow and say "Shadow? Where is Boots?" I'm so bloody desperate I'm asking a cat... Turns out, she knew. Shadow looked at me and then looked down behind the fridge (where she was conveniently sitting). I say "She's behind the fridge? Seriously?" and Shadow repeats looking at me and then down behind the fridge. So I move out the fridge, there's Boots. She jumped down behind the fridge from the counter top and couldn't get back out. Didn't meow, didn't cry, just sat there like a damsel in distress and waited for her rescuer lol

Never believe that animals are "dumb" creatures, because sometimes they're smarter than we are lol

Sandy Navas
January 5th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Oh, the pet stories I could tell . . . suffice to say that DeeOGee only lets us know whenever he hears a strange noise. If you rattle the knives and forks he start barking.

Anyone want a Papillion?

Musical_Starling
January 5th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Oh, the pet stories I could tell . . . suffice to say that DeeOGee only lets us know whenever he hears a strange noise. If you rattle the knives and forks he start barking.

Anyone want a Papillion?

Dad used to say that our dog (that I had as a child) was a great watch dog. She'd watch you come, and she'd watch you go, and never once would she get up from her mat lol Never barked unless she absolutely HAD to, it almost had to be life and death :icon_giggle:

Jess1377
January 5th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Great stories Lisa and Dee!

Lisaau
January 8th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Thanks everyone ........dont worry she got given lots of cuddles and kisses and treats and me saying thankyou thankyou more than a few times

HdWench
January 8th, 2013, 07:00 AM
I love reading stories like this! Lisa what a blessing Sugar alerted you before it emptied onto the whole floor!!

My 4 legged friends I love more than... omg everything!! lmbo it's ok, hubby knows he runs a really close #2

;-Debbie

Bubby
January 8th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Sugar is one smart furbaby! Don't you just love it!

SuziC
January 8th, 2013, 10:16 AM
What a great story! Our pets are more human than we think

Lisapc
January 8th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Your dog is very smart and that is partly because she is loved and cared for so well by you!

heavnli62
January 8th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Love my 5 dogs..... they are awesome. Sugar baby deserves a new quilt Mommy..... one with Life Savers on it....:)
I have 3 labs, ( 2 choc. and 1 Silver)... 1 Cockerspaniel, and a little mixed breed which looks like Toto. She was a working girl.... went to the Nursing Home with me, would walk down the hall with me as I passed out meds....allowed the residents to love up on her. She loved working....and hated to retire...:( Found out a year ago she has cancer...:( She has her good days and bad days, but always everyday shows her love for me or the grandkids. I sometimes like my dogs better then people.....