PDA

View Full Version : All the Pay It Forward Posts, :)

auntiemern
January 5th, 2013, 08:06 PM
This is just fantastic. So many wonderful folks jumping on the band wagon. I am going to be so excited to just randomly throughout the year, pick someone from here and send them something. Could it be you? Ya never know. I think that sometimes, some people just need a little surprise in their life. Hope I can make some of you smile. I don't have a specific number in mind, but there are 12 months in the year ;)

pcbatiks
January 5th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Marilyn.......I've decided to do the same thing...........a random day........a random surprise for a forum friend !! This should be fun! :)

cyndiofthevortex
January 5th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Boy am I happy to be friends with both of you! You know how much I love presents!

Too needy? I'll tone it down. Soon. I promise.

Sandy Navas
January 5th, 2013, 08:42 PM
That, my dear friend, is a wonderful idea. I have entered one PIF (that means pay it forward to the uninitiated) only because the payer is someone I truly LOVE and would LOVE to know more personally!) But, I am one of those people who quite often just does things . . . well, just because. So, I hope all my DEAR FRIENDS here realize that any time, any place, whenever they least expect it, someone from Publisher's Clearing House could come knocking at their door . . . or NOT. It just may be me . . . so truly be careful if you realize I have your home address . . . and be careful . . . be very, very careful.

And I have ways and means of acquiring all kinds of information . . . .

TA DA!!
http://payload.cargocollective.com/1/2/95582/1586308/watch%20out%2012.jpg

K. McEuen
January 5th, 2013, 08:45 PM
I'm with Marilyn, random pay it forward. You never know when ...

bkthomas
January 5th, 2013, 08:49 PM
This Forum just gets better and better!!!

Deneldac00p
January 5th, 2013, 08:56 PM
How do you go about getting someone's home address without them knowing? I would love to send surprises to people.
Dena

bkthomas
January 5th, 2013, 08:58 PM
How do you go about getting someone's home address without them knowing? I would love to send surprises to people.
Dena

Dena, Pm Sandy N. or Ruby! Sorry ladies - not!)

New York Sue
January 5th, 2013, 08:59 PM
If everyone entered their address in their user notes (bkthomas enlightened me), would could ambush without notice!

wendyw1
January 5th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Love that idea New York Sue, let's do it !!!!

buckeyequilter
January 5th, 2013, 09:22 PM
I have 10 promised gifts....but that doesn't mean I will stop there :)

Winniesfriend
January 5th, 2013, 09:25 PM
What a nice idea, random bombing :).

New York Sue
January 5th, 2013, 09:32 PM
What a nice idea, random bombing :).

Now imagine if you added a couple of 'partners in crime' and it was a calculated bomb! It would be like Christmas morning for the victim!

EnumclawGramma
January 5th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Does Blondie have addresses from the Secret Sister Group?

shannonsaulter
January 5th, 2013, 09:39 PM
thats a great idea I will still do my 7 from here and a few that way as well...I will go post the address in user notes..just in case and will randomly find addresses the same way so hope others put their in those notes...

auntiemern
January 5th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Or Blondie. They are all a bevvy of info.
Dena, Pm Sandy N. or Ruby! Sorry ladies - not!)

auntiemern
January 5th, 2013, 09:41 PM
great idea, putting my addy in user notes :)
thats a great idea I will still do my 7 from here and a few that way as well...I will go post the address in user notes..just in case and will randomly find addresses the same way so hope others put their in those notes...

cyndiofthevortex
January 5th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Not to be a wet blanket here (really I'm not) but let's be sure this won't become something that makes anyone feel left out, especially any new members. I know there are lots of people here I'd love to send a gift to but I don't have their address. I'm not comfortable about us putting our addresses out there to everyone since this is an open forum on the web and anyone can join. I like the "five new people can join" posts as it protects who you are giving your info to. I am cautious by nature, though I completely trust everyone I've met here on the forum. Just wanted to share some of my thoughts.

buckeyequilter
January 5th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Not to be a wet blanket here (really I'm not) but let's be sure this won't become something that makes anyone feel left out, especially any new members. I know there are lots of people here I'd love to send a gift to but I don't have their address. I'm not comfortable about us putting our addresses out there to everyone since this is an open forum on the web and anyone can join. I like the "five new people can join" posts as it protects who you are giving your info to. I am cautious by nature, though I completely trust everyone I've met here on the forum. Just wanted to share some of my thoughts.

My thoughts too. I don't feel comfortable putting my address in the user notes. If you look at the birthday calendar you will see how many people are on there that we've never heard of. I noticed on one date there must have been 25 members having a birthday and all the same age.

auntiemern
January 5th, 2013, 09:47 PM
I would never intentionally make someone feel that way. I will say though that I will only send to members that are active posters and not lurkers. Not worried about putting my addy on here. If some psycho, loony stalker wants to get to me, I doubt it will be thru here, lol. I have plenty of enemies outside of M*, lol.

cyndiofthevortex
January 5th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Marilyn, you are truly one of the sweetest people I have ever met. I don't believe you have any enemies.

Sandy Navas
January 5th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Does Blondie have addresses from the Secret Sister Group?

Anything she can do, I can do better. I can do better, better than she.

No, you can't.

Yes, I can.

No, you can't.

Yes, I can.

I can do anything, better than you.

For all the uninitiated, Blondie and I are the same person. So beware, be very careful.

Blondie and I share everything . . . (except Larry and Al . . . )

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9hhafyJxs1rzkykpo1_1280.png

bkthomas
January 5th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Sandy you are so funny!!!

auntiemern
January 5th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Sandy, you crack me up. Seriously..... you really do :D

pcbatiks
January 5th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Cyndi.....I agree with you. :)

HandsOffItsMine
January 6th, 2013, 12:18 AM
I know that many of us have sent someone a "just for the heck of it" or "a pick me up" during the year. Pay It Forward is nothing new to this Forum! :D Come on girls, let's not get too wrapped up into it all!

I'm sure that some time in Spring/Summer I'll do another Artisans Circle of 7 New Members 2013 call out to capture some new members.

It's all from the heart. Between Sandy, Blondy and I, addresses are pretty much covered for active members. lol

For myself, I'm taking an artisan's approach to gifting "Mixed Media" because it can be from anyone of my creative hobbies, quilting, sewing, painting, jewelry, cross-stitching, drawing, who knows what I do. Then will it be from my Hawaiian stash or not? You won't know, now will you, 'till it hits your mailbox. Hehehe!

lilmouse
January 6th, 2013, 12:29 AM
You gals had better quit reading my mind, I have a bunch of addy's already and am planning on "bombing" a few of them.....hmmmm...who should be my first "target"? That is the question!

aliaslaceygreen
January 6th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Well, now Sandy/Bondie...who has ever seen them together? Or indeed, with Irma? LOL

aliaslaceygreen
January 6th, 2013, 12:32 AM
As to addresses.... I would think that if you want to send something to someone, someone ELSE can find you the address!
It is great to see so many people signing up.... And I was thrilled to come home and see mine filled too...
I will be doing the artisan approach as well...whomever described it as such, thanks! It may not be sewing/quilt related but it will be made by me!

Madeforyouinma11
January 6th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Ok, I have been only checking in now and then for the past couple of weeks because I was so busy finishing Christmas things. I have been trying to catch up and I'm finding many posts with a "Pay it Forward" theme. I see that some are for the first 5 or 7 that sign up and then this one that just seems to be whoever wants to do something. I really want to get in on this and surprise someone with a little something but want to make sure that I am doing it right.
Questions:
Can I just randomly pick someone and send them something?
Do I send it anonymously?
This is going to be fun and I love the idea. I want to make up a list of people and get addresses ready so I can start!
Thanks for any info to my silly questions....

Madeforyouinma11
January 6th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I would never intentionally make someone feel that way. I will say though that I will only send to members that are active posters and not lurkers. Not worried about putting my addy on here. If some psycho, loony stalker wants to get to me, I doubt it will be thru here, lol. I have plenty of enemies outside of M*, lol.

I agree with you. I don't really worry about people here having my address. Bad things happen but we can't always worry about them, then we would not have as much fun as we all do....maybe I'm too trusting.... I too, am going to add my address to my user notes.

shannonsaulter
January 6th, 2013, 06:00 PM
I you post for 5 its the ones who sign up 1st...some are doing that and more..I am doing my list and I am going to do some random ones as well..there are so many people who take time to explain things,encourage and just laugh with I wish I could send them all something...
So its really up to you...

Klasien
January 6th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Because of the thank you notes I had mailed out after Douwe's quilt, I have a lot of addresses......that is a good thing ;)

But I agree if we put our address in our user notes it would be easy!

Have fun everyone!!!!!!