PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Hellos

Blondie
January 5th, 2013, 08:16 AM

Happy Saturday Folksies!
Today's gonna be a good day, even if I have to stay in my imaginery world. Do you ever resort to being a Walter Mitty? Ever see that fun movie with Danny Kaye (one of my favorites when I was a little kid - always made me giggle) In my own special world, I never clean toilets, dishes, or cat litter. I never hang up clothes or even fold it up. While in my own happy place, I spend my time creating the most lovely things from tender soft souffles to award winning quilt designs. I have all the techie things I need for this purpose. In my world, I live vicariously . . . through my own life! I do everything with grace and never work for money. I work for the sheer joy of standing on my feet, cleansing hair that has been caked with 7 days of hair spray and listening to litany after litany of woe - Oh, WHOA! I just woke up. And smelled the coffee. Time to start getting ready for the day.
I want to thank the Academy of MSQC for winning the Quilting points this week. It's gonna be a good day, y'all. Talk about a smile on my face! Now SMILE right back at me, folksies. It's gonna be a good, gooder, goodest day.

Monique
January 5th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Good morning Blondie. I ended up working the whole day. I was at one post office when another called and asked me to work there for the afternoon shift. They are in close proximity to each other, so it was not a problem. So that was my whole day. Tired when I got home and did not do a whole lot.

I would like to get into my sewing room today and get that cleaned and organized a little better. But you never know what the day will bring.

Congratulations on winning those MSQC points.

Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
Good Morning,

I'm up early for a Saturday, but we have to work in Cuba today so I need to get moving and get the household up.

We have a lot of sadness right now: My friend Erica is still clinging to life but will only last a few more days with no food. We have some dear friends who live in northern Missouri. Dave was just diagnosed with very aggressive prostate cancer. Thursday he will be talking to an oncologist to see if there's any need to try to treat him. Dave and his wife Jenny are part of our extended family and this news has broken my husband's heart. Jeff needs prayer as much as Dave and Jenny. Thank you for remembering these dear ones in your thoughts and prayers.

Blondie, congratulations on winning the points!!! Have fun using them.

Today it's a good thing we have work to keep our hands and minds occupied. I wish everyone a good day...Hugs, Barb

janluna
Walter Mitty is my middle name, Blondie! I imagine that the floor is clean, the wash is done, the bed has been made, and all I have to do is be creative. Then I too wake up and realize I was being creative. However, I now have to get up, mop the floor, do the wash, cook, and I'm not making the bed cause it's easier to fall into it and just pull up the covers so I can be creative again! smile, smile, smile!!!! Have a great day, Honey and don't let em get cha! Love you, Jan L.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 5th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Congratulations on winning the points! I won last week and it didn't take long to spend them., waiting patiently for my package! Hope all have a good day, mine is busy with costumes and grandkids, all rolled up at the same time. Don't know how this is going to work out, but we'll survive.

lighthouse
January 5th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Congrats!! Enjoy your week-end!!!

janluna
January 5th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Barb, I'm so sorry about your friends. I just lost a friend on the 2nd of Dec. She was far too young. I will say prayers for Dave and Erica. And I will keep you and your hubby in prayer too. It's hard to get to this time of life. We start losing our loved ones. All you can do is be there for them, and pray for an easy time of it. I figure, I may have a good 10 to 15 years left. I'm going to try and live it hard right to the end. And then I'll go home to the Lord, and he will heal me and I will never be in pain again. I just read a book about the kid that went to heaven. If he is right, (and I think he is) It will be wonderful. Just remember, Erica is going to be reborn again, into Heaven. What better place to go to. Where Love is everywhere, where our loved ones who have gone before, are waiting to greet us again. And where people who are suffering, will be healed. And the special treat of getting all our beloved pets back. It's hard to watch someone in distress, but just remember the Lord is waiting for her, to heal her, so she can be there for you and her family. "In my Father's House there are many mansions, I go before you to prepare a place for you." That's what Jesus said to his disciples. I believe. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan

Ginny B
January 5th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Good Morning and Happy Saturday all. Blondie, yes indeed, I have my imaginary world. My house is always ready for someone to drop in, the laundry is always done lickity split and I don't need to go to work anywhere but where I want to -- in my sewing room, in my garden and sometimes even in my kitchen creating yummy things. But then I wake up and here I am. :) But that's ok. I have been blessed.

Barb, so sorry to hear about your friends. I will keep them and their families as well as you and your dh in my prayers.

Today is a sunny, if a bit chilly, day here. The plans for this weekend include heading into Brooklyn today and picking up a vanity at the "family homestead" and moving it out to my sister in Queens. Not sure how old the vanity is but it was my aunts and my sister always loved it. She used to live in the upstairs apt. in our house and when she couldn't live on her own anymore, her son and dil moved her out to a nursing home near them in Jersey. Then a few months later they found out how much my sis loved that piece and brought it back to her. It is very old -- we are guessing 1920's or so. Please say prayers that it makes the move alright.

Another part of my plan is maybe picking up my new sewing machine!!! DH took me back last weekend to order the Pfaff I had been looking at. They said it would be in within a week and I am hoping to get a call today that it is in. It is an Ambition Essential and it was on sale. I see some rearranging happening in my sewing room.

A really big part of my weekend will be sewing, sewing sewing. My 2 sons from out of state will be arriving in a couple weeks and then I will have all 4 of my boys together for a few days. We will celebrate "Thanksmas" (Christmas and Thanksgiving combined). While I did send their main Christmas presents to them for Christmas, I want to have some little somethings to open here as we celebrate. I am making them mug rugs (Yankees for the boys, various designs for their girlfriends/fiance') and pillowcases. I also have a few things to work on for co-workers of both dh and myself and a kindle cover for a friend of ours. I need more days in this weekend for sure.

I'd better get going because the laundry isn't going to do itself. (I am not in my imaginary world this morning). Congrats on winning those points Blondie! Enjoy the day all.

Ginny B

MRoy
January 5th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Good morning! Sharing the joys and sorrows of my friends. Blondie, congrats on winning the MSQC points! When I retire later this year, I plan to live like your imaginary world...for awhile anyway. Barb, I'm so sorry about your friends. You're all in my thoughts and prayers. Jan, I thought of my sister when I read your post. She suffered for so many years before going home last year and now I know she's healed. Although I miss her, it's a comfort to know that.

The sunshine is bright here this morning and I'm going to get out and soak up some of it while un-decorating from Christmas. I hope everyone has a wonderful, blessed, day.

buckeyequilter
January 5th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Good morning.....

Not much happening in my neck of the woods. I'm going to putter around in my sewing room today. I got the binding put on my brother's quilt, last night and I need to check for threads and then wash it and put a label on it. That will be 3 quilts in less than 2 weeks (2 of them just needed finished up)...but still it's 3 quilts completed. After that I'm going to work on my UFO #5 in the group. Might set the embroidery machine up and embroider snowflakes while I'm organizing.

Ok.....I have my Nicoderm patch on and am going to try to quit smoking. I would very rarely smoke in my sewing room because I didn't want the fabric smelling like smoke....so that's where I'm hanging out today - my own "smoke free" zone.

Well I'm going to get busy. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

aliaslaceygreen
January 5th, 2013, 11:17 AM
I've never left that imaginary world! You can't make me, either!! LOL
I have far too many plans in place for the few hours I have before work...as usual....
Good thoughts and hugs to all who need them!

SuzyQue
January 5th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Good morning, all! Another cold winter day here.....hopefully I can go sew it away!
Blondie----congrats on the win! Have fun spending it!
Barb---prayers said for your friends and hubby and yourself. It is tough, but I believe we will see these loved ones again.
Shirley---good luck and prayers said for you, too. You can do it and staying in a smoke free zone will help!

meemeecyn
January 5th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Good morning! The wind is whipping here, but the sun is making things look so bright and happy!

Blondie, congrats on your win. Couldn't be a more deserving person. Happy shopping!

Barb, you, Jeff and friends are in my prayers. Certainly a sad time for all of you. Yes, keeping the hands busy helps some.

Hopefully will get some sewing done today. The machine has been still for a few days, so it is calling out "use me"!!!

Take care everyone.
Cynthia

CrazyMtnLady
January 5th, 2013, 12:04 PM
ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh.....don't talk too loud...I head feels as big as a watermelon and about to explode! We went over to a friends last night and the beer was tasting a bit too good! :( so I am paying for it this morning. But we had a good time.

Blondie..congrats on winning the points.
Barb so sorry to hear about your friends. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Shirley good luck on the no smoking, when I quit I had to do it "cold turkey". I tried the patch but my arm broke out in a rash, the gum made me sick and Chantix gave me nightmares. You can do it. You will feel better for it.

I am hoping we are not going to go cut the rest of the tree up today....I don't think my head could take it. But I am afraid we are going to have to go cut it up. We have company coming tomorrow so looks like today is the day...we have to go get hay too. :(

Have a great day everyone.
Hugs and prayers to all.

cyndiofthevortex
January 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Blondie, BIG congrats on winning those points, and you too, Jean. It's always exciting to win something!

Barb, I will pray for the hard situations you wrote about in your post. After reading Jan's post I remembered this verse, which has helped me in times of great stress: "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Today DS#4 is moving out and I am very sad. It's come up all of a sudden, a house opened up and a roommate materialized and off he is going. He has not prepared at all! I think he might go into shock that a fridge isn't automatically stocked with milk and mayonaise, but he'll learn and maybe appreciate me a little more! He's a good kid and we will miss him. I'm babysitting this afternoon for DGSs while everyone else goes to see Les Mis. I know it's supposed to be great but I can't pay money to sit and cry for hours! Tell me if I'm wrong about this! Have you seen it? Before the kids come I hope to sew a bit. A quick trip to Joann's is also planned to pick up the copy of the Fons and Porter magazine that features Jenny. Can't wait to see that!

MayinJerset
January 5th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Blondie, Congrats on your winnig this week's points, now you can spend time dreaming of what wonderful things you can create with what fabrics you choose.

Barb, Said a prayer for both of your friends and for Shirley's success to quilt smoking. DH was a 2 pack a day guy and when he finally made up his mind to quilt he took a behavior modication course and that did it for him. Of course I ended up quiting soon after. I didn't smoke a lot and would pick up his half empty packs for my week. Once he stopped smoking and I bought my own ciggies by the time I got to the last few ciggies they were stale so I quit too.

No more dilly dallying I need to get going getting the house back in shape, can't dream that one away. Took photos of 2 quilts & 2 fleece blankets for Hurricane Sandy survivors (I only made one and the photo in Show & Tell) and they'll be on their way today to be distributed. Will put tree and decorations away while loads of laundry are being done and Put Away (that always is the hardest part for me). Need to do some meal planning for the week so I can make sure I have supplies, etc. Guild meeting tomorrow afternoon and I'll bring 3 Hurricane tops I've made - may let Guild's Charity Group tie them to speed up the process and clear up my sewing room.
None of those things will get done if I don't get out of here, so everyone have a nice day. May

BellasQuilts
January 5th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Blondie congrats on the points - well deserved. Barb, your friends are in our prayers. Shirley - good luck with the quitting smoking.

Today is cleaning house and going to see a quilt show in town. There is a display at the local horse and carriage museum and I want to go see them. Also need to pick up some red orange fabric for a quilt I am making.

Hugs to all and enjoy your coffee/tea/?? this am. I am savoring mine right now. As Blondie says, Smile!

Sandy Navas
January 5th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I live in my own little world. But, it's okay, everyone here likes me . . . (think on that one!!)

Looks as if this morning's post contains many mixed emotions. First to Barb & Jeff - special prayers all the way around. It is never easy to see a best friend suffering and I well know the pain. Praying for peace for Erica. Hoping that Dave's doctor can give him some hope to carry on. And, to everyone who is suffering we do pray for healing. If that means they move on to a better place and leave us here to miss them, then that is the way of life.

Shirley - I know how you are feeling right now. There are many of us who have conquered the habit and we're all pulling for you. You can do it. Just remember the little train who could!

Can you believe that our wonderful Blondie tipped the scales in her favor this morning!!! Congratulations. We know that you can find something at M* that you just can't live without. They do carry L O V E, you know!

Looking outside upon a Magical Winter Wonderland as the snow flakes coming down are about the size of a quarter. So beautiful. But, the weather forecast says it will stop at 9:15 a.m. and it is now 9:52 and it is still snowing. What does that weatherman know? We probably will not have much accumulation though. It is already mid 30's and I can't believe the snow is still falling. Yesterday it was in the 40's and most of the previous snow has melted.

Feeling all the aches and pains of our friend Donna. You have no idea how much I envy her life of being out in the middle of no where and having outdoor activities to keep her 'limber'. There are truly days I wish I were young enough to follow in her footsteps. I have often felt that if I could choose the life I lived (and was brave enough to even attempt it) that I would love to live in a tiny cabin in the woods with no one for miles and miles around. I do believe in a previous life I had to have been a hermit. Keep that hot tub heated!!

Another day of cleaning, de-stashing, reorganizing in store for me. I need to finish the upstairs this weekend so I can get into the sewing room on Monday and make it presentable.

Enough here - onward to activity. May you all have a joy filled weekend.

HandsOffItsMine
January 5th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Congrats to sis Blondie for winner some Points to spend at the MSQC. Always fun!

Our prayers Barb with your friends, I know this is a very hard time for both you and Jeff. Wish I could come over, give you a big hug, sit and have a cup of tea together. I'm praying that Dave's doctors will find a miracle cure that God has placed His hand on.

I need to shop for some jeans, closed shoes and at least a sweater, I'll be jumping on a plane next week probably. Matt went to the doctor on Friday and will need the next major surgery now versus later. The news is worse than originally thought, more damage from the long use of the Crohn's drugs over the last 14 years. His surgeon's office will start the coordination on Monday, they need a specialized team like last time due to Matt's pacemaker and past history. Instead of putting the cars on the ship on the 23th and the crates on the 25th, flying out on the 29th. We'll do it the first part of Feb. now. Life is up in the air. :) Luckily I'm a pro at moving, this will be our 11th in 32 years. LOL

Lisapc
January 5th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Barb, I am praying for you and your family and yes friends are family aren't they?

Blondie, congratulations. Lucky girl!

I am thankful it is Saturday and spent enough money yesterday to bring home a ton of food so that for the next week and a half I should not have to leave the house for more than milk. I need to pack away Christmas tomorrow and need and want to sew. I am still whining about not having a table for my sewing room and other than spending the money without hubby agreeing I am stuck sewing on my dining room table.

My fabric order from 1000's of Bolts came in yesterday and they are just beautiful. I will be playing with them and making some disappearing 9 patches with some of them this evening. I can't wait.

Have a wonderful Saturday to all!

auntiemern
January 5th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Blondie, I live my imaginary life through you DF. Always so happy and up beat. Wtih a SMILE :D that could melt the hardest heart.
Barb, I am so sorry for what you are going through with Erica and Dave. It doesn't get any easier. Will have all of you in my prayers. Much like Sandy I believe God answers all our prayers, maybe just not the way we would like.
Shirley, good luck with trying to kick the habit. Me, I have no desire to quit. (yet)
Ruby, so sorry that Matt has to go through another major surgery. Poor guy. At least you will be there through this to help and support him and Kat.
Gonna be working on GD#2 B'day quilt today. Similar to sisters (they share a room) but not identical. I finally got my house, at least the common areas, back in order and cleaned from the months of frenzied quilting, crafting, and the holidays. DH is gone for a couple days so should have peace and quiet too. Hugs and blessings to all, prayers for those in need.

bhaggerty
January 5th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Good morning! Hugs to all and double hugs to Barb!
Plan on taking down the Christmas tree today !
Heading back to Houston from Dallas now after Texas A & M's big win in the Cotton Bowl! Yeah!
I am and always will be a Buckeye (Ohio State) but A & M is my fav TX school!
Need to work on my UFO # 5 as well! Really excited about the UFO challenge! Really inspiring me to get those done that I have had "quilter's block" on these items!!! Esp with the FMQ!!

lilmouse
January 5th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Good Morning Everyone, couldn't sleep last night, my mind was going a 1000 miles an hour and my body just quit....lol, congratulations Blondie, so happy you won! That would put a smile on anyone's face....Sorry to hear about your friends, Barb and will keep all in prayers...good luck on the move Ruby, I know you can do it, sorry to hear Matt is doing so badly! Will pray for the whole situation there....worked some more on the primitive stitching last night and think I am beginning to get the hang of it, up, down, and rocking!
So I rocked for a couple of hours last night!
Will sew when the mood strikes....right now happy with the hand work; my sewing room needs a straightening up as well...hope everyone has a great day! Also wish everyone the best on their endeavors for today!
Hugs and prayers for all....Susie

pcbatiks
January 5th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Good almost afternoon everyone.......Barb, you & your DH will be in my prayers along with Dave & his family as well as Erica. My best friend passed away a little over two years ago. Most of my thoughts of her are happy ones but when the thoughts are sad......I remind myself that she isn't hurting anymore. Shirley......will be praying for you on your quest to be smoke free. At least you have a fun room as your smoke free room! :)

After thinking about the Pay It Forward..........I think I will just pick some random forum friends at random times to send something to. There have been times when certain things will remind me of different ones of you here on the forum........so that will give me a good reason to follow through on surprising someone by Paying It Forward!

Hope to go walking today and then sew on my mom's table runner.

sewbizzy
January 5th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Good Morning Blondie!!! you always make my day with your posts....they are wonderful, funny, so full of joy!!!

Barb, I am so sorry about your friends...will keep them, and you and Jeff in my prayers...my youngest dil just lost her mother last Saturday to cancer and we just lost our neighbor of 45 years a few days ago....they are finally resting in peace...
My day is planned out so far...cutting up leftover ham to make pasta faglioi (spelling)...I'm also going to cross stitch while watching some football games...our local college team Pitt is playing in a few minutes...my dh got me hooked on football years ago...and I have him watching Pirates baseball with me (but he's really not into as much as I am), but it's something that we enjoy together...
Hugs and blessings to all!!!

shannonsaulter
January 5th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Good Morning all and a big Congrats Blondie!!!!!!
for my today is Thursday..Last night I was lucky enough to be working the prison lobby which means a comp in front of me and some time to browse the forum...I find the pics I see at the top I am drawn to and last night it was fun looking at them in between attorneys seeing their clients and loosing power...
Yes thats right the power plant down the road went off and we lost power at the prison..thank goodness for generators kicking in...
Other than that it was a good night...
I have my lists made for the pay it forward and have about 20 total between here FB and some I am doing to just do for friends who wont expect it but need a lil pick me up..
Have a great weekend everyone!

grammakim04
January 5th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone.
It's a very special day for me and DH, its our 28th wedding anniversary!:icon_bigsmile:

Barb, saying prayers for you, Blondie, have fun shopping, Shirley, I pray you do well with quitting smoking.

It's been a tough 6 months for me, my husband is terminally ill, each day is a treasure.

Today I'm enjoying the day with my DH and making a special meal for us. Tomorrow, the Christmas ornaments start coming down and then I can start reorganizing my sewing area...what a mess after making all the Christmas gifts, should be fun.

Enjoy the sunshine!

Sandy Navas
January 5th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Every day I add someone new on my prayer list. Kim, your DH goes on there today.

RockyMountainHorseMama
January 6th, 2013, 12:14 AM
WOO HOO! I FOUND MY WAY BACK! *mindlessly happy dancing*!!! Took me forEVER! Big Mahalos to my dear friend Sue (AdkSue I think is her handle here?) who sent my buddies a message for me. I was having SERIOUS withdrawals, OMGAAD! LOL! *HUGS* and hope everyone had a really fun, happy Saturday!