PDA

View Full Version : Need Prayers Again

phoots
January 5th, 2013, 02:52 AM
This morning my BF and I noticed a large lump on our cat's hind leg. We took her to the vet and they aspirated some fluid to send to a pathologist. The vet told us several things: first, sometimes cats get sarcoma's that are vaccine related which means it would be benign but would have to be removed; second, the mass is hard but there is fluid inside; and, the mass appears to be attached either to muscle or skin. Anyway we look at it, she'll need surgery probably next week.

Please remember my car, Daphne, in your prayers. She's about 4 yrs old and this is the first time anything has happened to her. She's our one shelter cat. My BF is also very attached to her, as he is the rest of the cats. But Daphne is the one that the picked out from all the others online.

Thank you and I'll keep you informed.

Pam in Vegas

shannonsaulter
January 5th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Oh the poor lil thing my prayers are there...

Beach Cottage Quilter
January 5th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Pam...you & your family are in my prayers. My cat at 1 1/2 years old had this issue so, we had the surgery and it was benign. He wore the cone collar on the way home and hated it! I took it off of him after a 1/2 hour and I never caught him licking his sutures so, it stayed off. He was a very happy camper and healed fast. I believe it was from an injection that was given prior. The vet we go to now will only give injections between the shoulder blades area because of this issue. Hugs to you...

lilmouse
January 5th, 2013, 05:21 AM
So sorry to hear about this, we all love our fur babies, whether they be cats or dogs....keeping the little one in prayer and you and BF as well!

jingleme
January 5th, 2013, 05:45 AM
{{{{{Pam, BF & Daphne}}}} I'm sending prayers too...

dwil23
January 5th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Definitely, our four legged family members are so much a part of us. Having lost our dear little Dash to cancer last year, I feel the fear you are feeling now. Praying that all will be okay and anxious to hear updates.

janluna
January 5th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Pam, I'm praying for your furbaby too! And they are our babies! Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

Donna F
January 5th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Aww poor Daphne! I'll say a little prayer for her.

Monique
January 5th, 2013, 08:11 AM
I am not an animal person but I hope everything goes well with your cat.

nurrsey
January 5th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Saying a little prayer right now...

grammakim04
January 5th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I have 2 cats who are 11 years old, they are so precious to me.

Saying a prayer for Daphne and you.

Musical_Starling
January 5th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Aww, I am saying a prayer for little Daphne. And Tinkerbelle sends her love too because she remembers surgery all too well at this point lol She had her spay surgery just before Christmas, but she was in heat at the time so that complicates things (as I've been told) and she pulled through like a trooper. Still has a bald spot though! And even though she had internal stitches she still managed to get one to poke out. Charmer. So I hope that Daphne is a trooper just like Tink and she pulls through with flying colours, whatever the diagnosis :)

Jess1377
January 6th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Awww I hope all goes well for your little fur baby :)