PDA

View Full Version : Wed. is here

Blondie
November 10th, 2010, 08:24 AM
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss323/Euler5853/Good%20Morning/GoodMorningBBFriendsGodsWayTag.gif

Good Morning, Ladies

Didn't get back in here yesterday. Just sitting down to get caught up.

Laura, I am praying for you. I understand fully the anxiety and frustration that goes along with waiting. I am choosing to believe that you will receive welcome good news on Friday.

Jan, I don't know how to upload from a mobile. Can you upload it to your hard drive and then to a photo site like Picture trail or Photobucket? That would give you the URL you need for this site.

I had to go to the fabric store yesterday. What a drag. NOT! I have been working on those pesky but lovely Christmas Star blocks. Used up my small stash and needed to go look for some more. There is a small quilting store in the next town, so Sis and I went and spent far too much time there. I didn't find any usable Christmas fabric - they only had a few panels - but we did find some bargains. I have been working on a lap throw for Hubby and found the perfect backing for reduced to 3.00 a yd - 54 inches wide! I was tickled pink. Plus I found some strips in baggies for a buck a bag. And Sis found some great deals on X-stitch fabrics and patterns for way cheap. Then had to find our way back to Joanne's for the fabric I really need right now - will be working on the stars again today. I am half way there.

Hubs came home all in an uproar. Seems that a school bus driver at a school within our county was caught on tape TEXTING while driving the bus! (My hubs drives a bus). How totally ignorant and dangerous. And stupid since all the buses are equipped with 3 cameras. This driver lost her job immediately, will never be able to drive a school bus again, but now all the stuff will hit the fan. It was all over the news last night and this morning. The school board super has called for a review of all bus tapes and there is a meeting for all the drivers. As in all things, it only takes one idjit to make like more difficult.

Thinking of you ladies today. I want to finish those stars so that I can work on the Dresden.
I still need to finish those Santa dolls. Their faces follow me all around the basement. Good thing I haven't finished their mouths yet - they'd be calling my name.

NM Lady
November 10th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Good morning ladies.

So far this week has been very difficult at work. There are so many changes going on and I'm just not as flexible as I was when younger. It will be good as soon as we get through with the changes (I HOPE)

Blondie, we truly appreciate you pitching in and doing the blocks.

Isn't it awful when people put those darn cell phones before the safetly of people. What was she thinking????? Hope this doesn't cause major changes for other bus drivers. Make them aware and let them do their jobs.

A friend of mine was a bus driver and he was an onery soul. He had taken a group to Big Bend National Park. If you know anything about Big Bend is there is only 1 or 2 gas stations and you had better fill up when you see them. He was traveling along and all of a sudden the passengers heard spudder, spudder, thud and the bus died. My friend got out, walked around the bus, came back with a serious face and said "folks, I'm really sorry, we're stuck out here where cell phones don't work and I forgot to fill up at the last gas station. When the passengers started to fuss, he just smiled and said "by the way, this is April Fools Day" got back in his seat, started the bus and went on. Everyone got a large chuckle and they were on their way.

Laura, best wishes on Friday. It's been my experience, if a doctor is comfortable in postponing an appointment, it's usually good news.

Here's hoping all have a blessed day.

sally
November 10th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Good morning Blondie, Jackie and the rest of the gang. Not much to report here. I suppose no news is good news as the saying goes. With this hour change and it being dark by the time I get home from work its seems my get up and go has come and gone...:lol: I have to go look for it I quess if I can find the energy:icon_bored: My thoughts and prayers are with you guys...Laura I concur with Jackie, Jackie remember if this job change is too much you can say no. Laura keep up the good work and for all yet to check in HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!

sewsoft
November 10th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Laura I also have had to play the waiting game with Doctors and I know it's no fun. Try to keep your head up ( I know it's easier said than done). It's good to hear everyone doing well. Is anyone sewing the black and white blocks yet? What's the trick to get these to touch the edges of the block when all sewn together? I used 1/4 seam I tried to be careful its not working. I was up until 3 this morning so I figure I may as well do something that I love to do which is sew so I cut out all of my blocks and pieces and began sewing.

Why do people who know how to sew but haven't pulled the machine out in years expect you to sew for them as well :icon_whistle:.
I just laugh to myself :icon_giggle:

janluna
November 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM
It was the same thing when I was knitting sewsoft, and when I got machines they expected it done yesterday. And for free too. The machine was fast but please there is hand work too. One women who came to my door wanted to know why the machine wasn't going by it's self. They did make a machine to hook to the machines that eventually did that, but not then. People didn't realize that you were the power that ran the machine. People, can't live with them, pass the beer nuts! Hugs, Jan

janluna
November 10th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Ok Ladies, Laura is having a down day. They took more blood this morning. I told her you were all praying for her and that we were holding her up in prayer. Thanks by the way for the prayers. She really needs them as this has been pretty emotional as well as physical. The loss of her mom and other emotional things are happening in her life, as well as a pretty devastating illness. So again thank you for the prayers and all the good thoughts you are sending her way. She needs us all right now. You have all meant so much to her. And you have helped her more than you know. Keep the prayers coming. Love, Jan

sally
November 10th, 2010, 09:31 PM
This is for Laura :

I said a prayer for you today and know God must have heard.
I felt the answer in my heart although He spoke no word!
I didn't ask for wealth or fame (I knew you wouldn't mind)
I asked Him to send treasures of a far more lasting kind!
I asked that He'd be near you at the start of each new day
To grant you health and blessings and friends to share your way!
I asked for happiness for you in all things great and small,
But it was for His loving care I prayed the most of all!

toggpine
November 10th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Well, I can't think of a better way to say what we are feeling for Laura and the other wonderful friends we say our little prayers for.
Thank you Sally! :icon_kiss:

I have been attempting to make bias binding today. :icon_confused: Now I know why they can charge pretty much whatever they want for the stuff in the stores. Ugh. The project had better turn out so cute I can hardly stand it.

janluna
November 10th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Thank you Sally. That is beautiful. I love it. Hugs, Jan P.S. I'll tell her the next time I talk to her to look for this when she comes on next time. God Bless, Jan

Texsam
November 10th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Laura

Sweetie I wish I knew something to say that would make you feel all better. Just know that I'm holding your hand across the miles and am keeping positive thoughts for you in your time of need. You are such a happy and loving person so please keep your chin up. I'm sure waiting is very hard so come and talk to us and let's help you get through this. :icon_kiss::icon_hug:

BTW Sally that was very nice!

quiltingtrish
November 10th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Good evening everyone!

Laura - prayers here for you. I know how hard it is to wait and I hope that you can feel the prayers coming your way and all our thoughts for you.

I'll be heading to Lancaster (PA) this weekend and I know what I'll be looking for. I'll be picking up some country/western fabric for a quilt for Zach who is going through chemo. I want to get it done fast so think I will just do some 12" blocks so as not to loose the designs on the fabrics. I'll be looking for cowboy boots, rodeo fabrics, music notes (he used to sing with his mom all the time) and hopefully in flannels if they are out there. There are quite a few places that we go that sells their fabrics for $3.50 a yard so I'm hoping for some good deals and it's not the cheapy stuff either.

They took away a 13 yr. old girl today at school for writing 2 bomb threats. She is in 7th grade. Hardly ever says a peep and she said she did it for getting noticed. Well, she's getting noticed now! We are a small school out in the country and they have taken 4 kids away. Geesh! Well, hopefully the bomb threats will cease now and we can get on with learning.

The weather is absolutely gorgeous this week - in the mid 60's and everyone seems to be enjoying it cause we all know what is right around the corner. I feel that if we make it to December with no snow, then I can handle Dec., Jan., Feb., and March with the stuff cause that will go fast.

Well, off to the basement and see if I have any of those fabric's I will be looking for lurking down there.
HUGS to you tonight Laura.