PDA

View Full Version : Is it Friday? Are you serious?

Blondie
January 4th, 2013, 07:41 AM

Happy Friday Folksies! How did I wake up this morning to being a Friday already? Don't tell me this year is going to travel as quickly as the last one did! So, here we are - the first weekend of the New Year. And that will be almost the end of my "firsts" for a while.

It's icy cold outside this morning; hubs came back in saying he scraped my windshield off. This week has been so overcast and dreary that I had to smile to make my own sunshine. I was always told that smiles chase clouds away. Still working on that one.

I have a busy few days ahead of me helping a family member move so I may be MIA over the weekend. If I can peek in I will; Just hate to go through withdrawal from here, hahaha. It helps me to make it through such an exciting life. I mean besides cleaning the coffee maker, what do I do for fun? Oh yeah, sit outside Walmart and watch interesting people go inside. Teaches me many lessons in life. If you are lucky I may share them one . . . at . . . a. . . . time. NOT!

Smile today. It may be the only thing you have to give away, but, it is something that you can always find inside you for free.

RFREE
January 4th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Happy Friday everybody. I have been back to work just 3 days and am ready for a w/e.Been working on Cardinal Glennon quilts lately.I might just donate one of them to a little girl who's father just split up with his newest girlfriend. She is pregnant and now the little girls world is all tore up again. So sad. Her mom is a druggy and doesn't live with or even near them. This little girl is really having a hard time. Why do people do this? Makes me sick.
Off to get ready for work. Yall have a good day.
Hugs from KY
Rhonda

Monique
January 4th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Good Friday morning Blondie. I still have not done any sewing yet. Cleaned all day yesterday and even had time for a nap. Got all the Christmas decorations put away and the closet organized once again. Cleaned out another closet and got that one organized. Got the hallway floor washed, as it was so filthy I could not stand it. The house is starting to look like normal again. Next step is my sewing room. I need to get that one cleaned out as well. I am waiting on a call from the hospital for a procedure and I want to make sure the house is all clean beforehand. Today I will work a few hours and then I may go grocery shopping. Not sure.

I have been looking for a tablet sleeve pattern to make and found on you tube some pretty cool stands to make really cheap. I will be checking out those later.

Happy Friday everyone. And have a wonderful weekend.

MayinJerset
January 4th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Good Very Early Morning to you Blondie, I'm up but not willingly as it's cold and dark - dark probaby as it's only 6am.
My hands are cold and I can't type so I'll come back later when my whole body is awake from the effects of my first cup of coffee. May

quilter.martha
January 4th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Morning all! I've been sporadic here with my visits. Life has just gotten so crazy with the holidays and now gearing up for a wild tax season. Ugg. I officially start work Monday morning, but I have training today to go to. Baby, it's cold outside! Zero or colder for the second day in a row. Brrrr!

I started off the new year right by joining a gym. So far I have gone 2 mornings and exercised before running off to do whatever needed doing. I hope to keep it up all through tax season--going in real early and taking advantage of their showers to clean up and get to work. We'll see.....but, I've got to do something to help keep the menopausal weight off and control my cholesterol. My DH just went on Lipitor and it made him so sore in his muscles he had to go off it. So now we are getting serious as well about the diet. Isn't old age fun???

Well, you all have a great Friday and an even better weekend!

MRoy
January 4th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Good morning and TGIF! Martha, have fun at the gym. I'm trying to get myself geared up to move more. Monique made me tired just reading how busy she's been cleaning. LOL!

I've been having problems with the pilot on the gas fireplace going out. I think I fixed it last night with a can of compressed air. Blasted all the dust out and it seems to be doing much better. I love my fireplace...it's like wood heat without the mess. Happy Friday everyone!

Bubby
January 4th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Good Morning...

All is well here. DH is getting ready to leave for work and Molly just ate her breakfast and is begging for biscuits.

I took down the Christmas tree and most of the other decorations yesterday. We will make a trip to the storage unit this afternoon and bring home some more storage boxes for the rest of it.

I think I've recovered from my narrow escape on the ice. I ended up with a black eye and seatbelt bruises but that's all. DH is determined to get me a larger vehicle.

We will have a full work day in Cuba tomorrow.

Life is good! Have a great Friday everyone! Hugs, Barb

buckeyequilter
January 4th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Good morning....

Barb, I'm so glad to hear that your injuries weren't serious.

I kept thinking today was Wednesday! I am so glad it's Friday because I have a lot of stuff to get done this week-end. I need to finish the binding on my brother's quilt - got 1/2 of it on last night - then wash and label it. It will be going to South Carolina - so I need to find a box big enough for it and a few other goodies that I have for him.

I still need to clean the back part of my sewing room. I'm hoping I can get most of that done tonight. Then I will have 1/2 of my January UFO's finished. I'm actually trying to take a couple of minutes each evening to straighten my room, so it's nice and clean when I go in the next time.

Well better get to work. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs :)

aliaslaceygreen
January 4th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Morning.... I actually went BACK to bed this morning.... totally unmotivated by the idea of the COLD dark morning and having to be vertical as well!

Today is two years from the day I got the call that Daddy had died... hard to believe...

Well, my days off for the next 4 weeks have just been taken by Layla duty....her mom got a new job, and it is 4 weeks of training out of state...so we get her one or two days, her dad is off two days during the week and the other grandparents get her one or two days....
I love having her here, of course! But as you all know or remember, a 16 mth old is ...well.... energetic? Devious? (watching her do something she KNOWS is wrong makes me laugh on the inside, while trying to be stern and telling her no...)

The tree and such is up because I always leave it up till the Epiphany...and I am working that day....and then she will arrive....so....we may be keeping the tree up, I don't see taking it down WHILE she is here!

dwil23
January 4th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Last night was the first one I didn't work since, I don't know, like mid-November? Some people wonder how I do it, but I can tell you that it is easier to stay on a routine. Going back tonight will be hard, very hard. It's rainy and gloomy here, too, so hope to pull out my machine and see if I can figure out what went wrong with the tension before calling my repair lady. That is, after I clean litter boxes, take out the trash, start some laundry, take a shower, put something for dinner in the crock pot, etc. Hmm...by that time it will be time to take a nap before going back to work tonight. Such is my life!

Hope everyone has a nice day!

MayinJerset
January 4th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I'm back, hands all warmed up by cleaning the kitchen floor while making coffee and toast.

Myrna, We're looking forward to being warmed by our gas fireplace too. Only problem it isn't hooked up yet. Long story but it was delayed because of the hurricane and now all the plumbers are extra busy. We had a wall heater in the room before but I didn't want the fireplace stuck in the corner so a plumber is needed to extend the gas line.

Have to dig out some quilts as my Guild is having a show at a local library in Feb. Library features one or two local artisans every month and our Guild is asked back each year as our display is always well liked by everyone who sees it. Think the kimono quilt hasn't been there before and maybe the Little Red Riding Hood one.

Today's schedule - sew borders on purple string quilt so I can take photos of it and other quilts ready for Hurricane Sandy survivors.
Should do lots of other stuff but really am into reading Brooklyn, a novel about a young Irish gal who comes to Brooklyn, NY in the 1950's for a job and how she copes with the changes. So far she's come to B'klyn and is working in a downtown department store on Fulton St. Inside there's a photo of Fulton St. with all the department stores as it used to be (now it's closed off as a mall). In the middle of the stores is May's, where my mother shopped all the time. May's was the Walmart to A&S the fancy department store down the street. May's Big Sales were on Monday mornings and my mother or I would be there in the crowd in front of the store until they opened the doors. Purse safely under our left arm we ran to the table or rack and fought for the sizes and colors we wanted. Got in trouble at school when my teacher asked me why I was absent at least one Monday morning a month because I told her my mother sent me to shop at May's bargins. Photo on the cover reminds me of the shops along 5th Ave., two dispaly windows between the entrace door of a shop. 5th Ave. was the major shopping area where I lived and everyone window shopped as they walked along to the butchers, bakery, post office, shoe store, etc. Think I'll recommend this book as my book club's next read. It sure will be something Colette will enjoy as she came from Ireland just like the gal in the book. May

CountryHut
January 4th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Happy Friday all ; )

started another Gracie Handbag yesterday -- with interruptions - it only took all day to get it quilted - after I finish this one up -
and get it listed online -- I think I will try to make a smaller size and do a a "Mommy and Me" set

hubby is home for next 3 days -- thank goodness I got in some morning Me Time -- b'cuz the words have started . . LOL*~ . .
hmmmm . . maybe .. just maybe, I can give him some of that loooooong HoneyDo list - maybe that will keep him busy . .
one can only hope . . right? . . -- we'll start with the recycle bins -- they need to be put out this morning before the truck
gets here . . he missed it last week . . *ugh*~ . .

I really want to make a trip up to a local quilt shop - they sale ends today -- 30% off if you pay with cash *digging in handbag for cash*~ . . anyone know what that looks like . .*orange peel smiles*~
*ut oh .. whispering -- hubby is using his words on his cell phone*~ . .

well, I have my "Things to do" list ready for today -- 1st thing on the list -- get the SALE TAX form filled out and mailed off . .
then make a bundt cake for little Ms Social Butterfly - *my sisters granddaughter*~ -- she leaves for boot camp on Sunday
- I've got my fingers crossed that she will make it through the 6 months of B'camp
her choice of pot growing nudist is NOT my idea *jmo*~-- of a good role model as her mentor -
*WHAT*~ . . am I missing something . . *smacking forehead*~ . I don't get it . .
if I ever wrote on book about my N'hood -- peeps would NOT believe it . . LOL*~

aaaaaaaaany way . . time is marching on . . .

Have a great stash basing day

Diane ; )

meemeecyn
January 4th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Happy Friday to you all! It is really cold up here in NH. The weatherman said two nights ago it was the coldest it had been in 2 years. I think we were getting used to it being "warm"!

Sounds like everyone is already filling their days up with work, fun and rest. Blondie, you are so correct. Time flies by way too fast. Barb, glad to hear you are feeling better. Such a good thing you had your seat belt on....we'll take those bruises knowing it saved you. Trish, completely understand how tired you get from having a toddler around. Where do they get all their energy? May, that book sounds wonderful, will have to check it out. Good luck with your procedure, Monique.

I hope to organize a little more in my craft room and then cut up some fabric for a quilt. I ordered the lemon tree layer cake when it was the DD and am anxious to make something with it.

Have a great day and Happy Sewing!
Cynthia

Lisapc
January 4th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Good morning all. Blondie you are absolutely right. We always no matter what have something to give even if it is just a smile.

It was a balmy 25 degrees at the bus stop this morning and my little guy (8) was grumpy. The end of the first week back to school, a whole 3 days and all he and hubby have done is whine. They loved being home so much they hate leaving and thankfully hubby hates leaving us every morning and can't wait to rush home to us every evening. My granddaughter is sick and told her Mommy that she won't go to the doctors unless Grammy goes with her. So I am off to buy some trim and other errands so that I am ready to meet them at the doctors around noon. She has a virus but my preggo daughter is extra concerned about her because she isn't talking much. She is normally a chatterbox. She is just getting older and at 4 1/2 she feels yucky and has nothing to say and with Mom and Dad jumping to please her with her just pointing because she is sick why should she talk? I spoke with her on the phone and she flat out told me they were bugging her and she didn't want to talk to them. She wants to come to my house and be sick here. I love that kid but can't have any of us being sick when we are barely recovered from the last virus.

Have a happy day and keep smiling! Fake it until you make it I feel!

Sandy Navas
January 4th, 2013, 10:51 AM
First cuppa down. That DH is still snoozing in bed. I'll have to shake him out soon as we're headed to KC to spend the day with my Bro and SIL, along with Sis and BIL. Always a fun time.

Had an eye appointment yesterday and then drove carefully (with dilated eyeballs!!) over to have my hair cut. I think I lost about 10 pounds. I am one of those people who has a lot of thick hair and I don't have it trimmed/cut often enough.

That eye appointment. Not a good one at all. Doc is truly concerned that we can't keep my glaucoma under control and my last exam where they do visual fields and analyze where I have lost vision was not good at all. I don't know who may remember my reaction to one of the eye drops they had me on, but that was scarey enough. Yesterday he put me on another drop in addition - this is one that I was on before and I don't think it was the culprit for my allergic reaction. He does get upset with me when I tell him I practice moving around the house at night with all the lights off.

So, there you go. Nothing else exciting planned for the rest of the day (after we return home) and nothing exciting planned for the weekend except continue on my de-stashing efforts. SuzyQue has worn me out because she 'claims' she cleaned her house from top to bottom in ONE day. All I have to say is, "SHE'S MUCH YOUNGER than I am." Or, "She's not as thorough as I am." Or (hopefully not) "My house is really a mess." Or, "I have just let the whole world know that I am a pack rat and SuzyQue is a MINIMALIST."

Echoing Blondie, SMILE from the inside out!

CrazyMtnLady
January 4th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Good Morning all. Sun is shining and it looks like it is going to be a nice cold day. Yesterday was a pretty nice day too, I like we got up in the 40s. The internet guys came and snaked the wire into the ground so now the squirrels can't chew the line anymore. Then we went and cut wood brought it home and DH split it while I hauled it, wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow into the house. We really didn't bring home that much and we still have the majority of the tree to finish cutting up at the neighbors, but we need a new arm on the chain saw and a new chain so we will be going to town sometime today. At least having to take a break to buy a new arm and chain gives my poor body a time to rest...I am one sore puppy this morning.

I didn't get any sewing done yesterday :( but our neighbor Gary came over (he's the one that bought the Yellow Butterfly quilt) he asked me how my quilting was coming along and I showed him all the projects I have going on and he loved them. He really thought the ducky quilt was going to be cute. He also liked the rope bowl. I think I might get some material in forest greens and make him a bowl. Nice to hear the compliments isn't it?

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Granny Judy
January 4th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Love checking in to see what ya all have been up to..or going to be doing. I am in my Hybernation mode and can't seem to get awake early enough to accomplish much.

The top is all together for the Harley Quilt and the Backing (this is a reversable Quilt) is 75 % done.. Need to buy some batting and start FMQ the whole thing..( Large twin size ) As slow as I am getting, that ought to keep me busy til Spring..

Thinking of you, May. Hope those bruises heal and you are feeling better soon. Hubby may be getting you a TANK..
Sandy, Take care of yourself... and those 'baby blues'... ya only get one pair.

Cyber Hugs going out to all..

buckeyequilter
January 4th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Good Morning all. Sun is shining and it looks like it is going to be a nice cold day. Yesterday was a pretty nice day too, I like we got up in the 40s. The internet guys came and snaked the wire into the ground so now the squirrels can't chew the line anymore. Then we went and cut wood brought it home and DH split it while I hauled it, wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow into the house. We really didn't bring home that much and we still have the majority of the tree to finish cutting up at the neighbors, but we need a new arm on the chain saw and a new chain so we will be going to town sometime today. At least having to take a break to buy a new arm and chain gives my poor body a time to rest...I am one sore puppy this morning.

I didn't get any sewing done yesterday :( but our neighbor Gary came over (he's the one that bought the Yellow Butterfly quilt) he asked me how my quilting was coming along and I showed him all the projects I have going on and he loved them. He really thought the ducky quilt was going to be cute. He also liked the rope bowl. I think I might get some material in forest greens and make him a bowl. Nice to hear the compliments isn't it?

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

I think I went with the ex to cut wood a total of about 2 times. Cutting wood was his hobby - well actually working was his hobby (he was a workaholic). It's a good thing he had a son and then when we got married we had a son and then the ex's family liked to cut wood (all of them!). I would stay home and fix food for them :)

It's always nice to get compliments on our work. I think most of us are overly critical of our own work - I'm trying to overcome that. If there is a mistake in something I make, when I look at it, all I can see is that mistake *lol*

EnumclawGramma
January 4th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Good Morning all! We made it to Friday and that's a good thing! I didn't want to get up this morning and slept in a little. Why is it so easy to sleep in when you need to get up and hard to sleep in when you can? Ugh.

It's warmed up and raining today. Weather report says this could go on for awhile. Looks like the Farmer's Almanac was right AGAIN! I can handle this. Snow after Christmas just isn't as much fun.

I need to start a project list. I dream about quilting and come up with all kinds of ideas and I need to start writing them down! I have so many ideas swimming around in my head, and it's so frustrating when I can't remember what I wanted to make for this baby or that person. Anyone else have this problem?

My cat is stomping around the house yelling at me. Really YELLING. She is a very OLD Burmese...inherited from my Mama in 2004 and she was 7 at the time. At that time her meows were more like quiet chirping. She has since lost her hearing and that sweet chirping has turned into something way beyond an annoyed meow. Some days are worse than others......this is one of those days. She and I have developed a sort of sign language so she knows when she's welcome up in my lap or whatever. It's pretty crazy really. I'm the crazy cat lady. I am THAT lady. Wow.

So, anyway! Off to get the DGD to school (she also slept in) and home for a little light housework and then up to my sewing area!! Great way to finish the week. DH is out for his brothers night tonight so I plan on extending my sewing time right on to bed time! This is a good day!

Have a wonderful end to your first week of 2013! Hugs and Prayers all 'round!

Tanya D
January 4th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Happy Friday everyone! You'd think it would be easier to get out of bed for work this morning knowing it was Friday but it wasn't. In fact, I got up for a second, then crawled right back in for another 20 minutes.

I took my pup to the vet yesterday and as I suspected, he has a nasty ear infection. The vet plucked some fur out of there and managed to peek all the way down the ear canal and said it's very swollen. So he's on steroids to help with the inflammation, an oral antibiotic and an ointment that I have to put in his ear...easier said than done. He was having no part of it last night even with two of us trying to wrangle him. Then he fell asleep with his head on my lap so I snuck up on him and managed to get a bit at the edge of his ear canal. I rubbed it for a bit and hopefully some got where it needed to go. I then starting searching for ways to do it and read a post about tricking him with peanut butter. Well, that worked like a charm this morning and I think I got a good dose right in there while he was licking PB off of a spoon.

Good thing I went and bought fabric the other night because Scoop's visit with the vet and his meds cost me $222...I would have sacrificed fabric for meds had I known...sigh.

Not much going on this weekend...my daughter Emma has a basketball game tomorrow and I'm hoping to go visit a friend who just had a baby last week. Sure would love some newborn snuggles.

I hope to get going on the border for my double slice and continue making squares on my Wiggly Whimsy.

Have a great day and weekend everyone! Be safe out there and be kind to one another :)

bakermom
January 4th, 2013, 01:23 PM
The plan is to get all my errands done early so i can come home and sew. i made an unplanned (REALLY) stop at Joanns yesterday and found some fabric to make scarves. Want to get a couple done and take to DD tomorrow. I'm heading out to see her in her new place. The only time I've been there is when we helped her move in. It's a bit of a drive but the weather is supposed to be good so off i go. we'll spend the day checking out yarn shops and get some lunch.

auntiemern
January 4th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Rhonda, so sad about the little girl. By all means give one to her. I just hate when parents put their kids through the wringer, because they put them selves first without a thought to the well being of the child. Blondie, I am sure your smile can chase the clouds away. Gotta finish taking down Christmas deco today. Have looked at it all I can stand. Then a run to get fabric for DGD #2 B'day quilt, and new lampshades. Will try to get some sewing done today. Wishing all a blessed day filled with love, happiness, and of course quilting.
Happy Friday everybody. I have been back to work just 3 days and am ready for a w/e.Been working on Cardinal Glennon quilts lately.I might just donate one of them to a little girl who's father just split up with his newest girlfriend. She is pregnant and now the little girls world is all tore up again. So sad. Her mom is a druggy and doesn't live with or even near them. This little girl is really having a hard time. Why do people do this? Makes me sick.
Off to get ready for work. Yall have a good day.
Hugs from KY
Rhonda

Jean Sewing Machine
January 4th, 2013, 01:53 PM
I think I went with the ex to cut wood a total of about 2 times. Cutting wood was his hobby - well actually working was his hobby (he was a workaholic). It's a good thing he had a son and then when we got married we had a son and then the ex's family liked to cut wood (all of them!). I would stay home and fix food for them :)

It's always nice to get compliments on our work. I think most of us are overly critical of our own work - I'm trying to overcome that. If there is a mistake in something I make, when I look at it, all I can see is that mistake *lol*I had an acquaintance who used to cut wood on my property ( when I had 160 acres of trees). They always said, "Wood warms you twice". Once when you cut and haul it, and then when you burn it. I'm sure you can relate to that! We had two fireplaces, lots of wood, but we used gas logs--go figure! Lazy, didn't want to deal with the mess of wood burning. Plus, I can't stand the smell of smoke.

lilmouse
January 4th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Morning all, just a quick stop, work both jobs today......aren't I the lucky one! Hope everyone is doing fine....thankfully Dakota's hand is healing and Barb's bruises will heal, she had a narrow escape, black ice is the worst! Hope everyone has a great day! Hugs and prayers for all!

cyndiofthevortex
January 4th, 2013, 02:36 PM
What a week it's been here! We are so thankful that Dakota's hand seems to be finally healing up and she may go home today. I did really well going to Boston, but now that I am staying home today instead of going, I am finding myself exhausted and fighting a migraine! I got through the worst of the stress I guess and now my body is reacting to it. My goals today, beside taking it easy for my head and thanking God for my DGD, are to get the Christmas stuff at least partly put away and to get into my sewing room, even if it is only to touch and look at my lovely fabric collection. It does a soul good to be around beauty with the hopes of creativity.

Rhonda, being in the foster care business I see fathers like that all the time, and mothers, too. No child deserves to grow up feeling lost and in pain.

Barb, I'm so glad you are doing well.

May, I want to read that book! It sounds like just the kind of story I would love. I'm going on a vacation in February and have been trying to think of what I could read while lounging by the beach. Your book sounds perfect. Amazon, here I come!

To all the rest, I always want to comment on each and every post but I obviously can't, so let me just say I read every one and love to hear about your lives.

toggpine
January 4th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Hi everybody!

I am off for a few days. Our yearly "Ladies Go To The Beach" weekend is here.
Now to decide if I pack the sewing machine, the cross stitch, or just bring both.

See you all on Monday!
Hugs, Cathy

shannonsaulter
January 4th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Happy Friday to everyone but me... :(
My Friday is Sunday...boy I wish it was today have a long list of things to start..I have 5 fb pay it forwards, 7 here and my UFO for the month...
On a happier note we are counting down to our trip with both kids to Ireland have an Itinerary of where we will go and have found a day trip to the Giants Causeway..Excited is hardly the word...
Have a great day all!!!

NanaB
January 4th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I'm in a bit of a funk today. It's taking me a while to 'recover' from the holidays. We went to the beach on Christmas Day and returned New Year's Day. It was nice to get away. I've not sewed any since returning. I did knit a little bit yesterday. Got the bad news that my oldest daughter's disability was denied. She had a hearing in November, and I was sure she would get approved this time. It is just unfair that someone with a college education and 'youth' cannot get disability. Just because you can't see mental illness doesn't mean a person isn't sick. Sorry for the grumbling. I know things could be worse, but my child is going to lose her home. I don't know what is going to happen to her.

SuzyQue
January 4th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Sandy-------just for you..........yes, I did clean my house from top to bottom in one day and that was after packing and toting 12 tubs of Christmas decorations to the attic! No, I don't have many days like this.....that is why I could brag! And, yes, I will be paying for it for days, but oh, how wonderful it feels now! The only way it was possible is that I spent the last 2 months deep cleaning every nook, cranny, closet, wall and cupboard. Now I can dust and sweep and sail through those tasks called cleaning! I am not much younger than you and I am NOT a minimalist......................just had a really active and productive day! It happens once in a blue moon! I am really trying to spend more time in the sewing studio ....daily if possible...this year! I have to move faster in everything else to get that accomplished. Heaven knows that nothing is going away...............so I have to figure out how to really move it to have time to sew! We are one week into the New Year.....so I can brag.............ask me again in a few weeks!!

bhaggerty
January 4th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Happy Friday all!
It is even cold inTX! Down in the 40's today!
Kids are wearing pants instead of shorts!
Went to work this am, stopped at one store for that quilting mag but no luck!
Left work at 1 pm b/c DH and I are heading to the big D (and I do mean Dallas) hahaha
For the Cotton Bowl tonight! Hope Texas A & M plays well!
Sorry to any of the Soooner fans out there!

Blondie
January 4th, 2013, 07:13 PM
HEY GOOD LOOKING! LOVE YOUR NEW PROFILE PIC! WHAT A CUTIE PATOOTIE! LOVE YOUR PEPSODENT SMILE!

Love checking in to see what ya all have been up to..or going to be doing. I am in my Hybernation mode and can't seem to get awake early enough to accomplish much.

The top is all together for the Harley Quilt and the Backing (this is a reversable Quilt) is 75 % done.. Need to buy some batting and start FMQ the whole thing..( Large twin size ) As slow as I am getting, that ought to keep me busy til Spring..

Thinking of you, May. Hope those bruises heal and you are feeling better soon. Hubby may be getting you a TANK..
Sandy, Take care of yourself... and those 'baby blues'... ya only get one pair.

Cyber Hugs going out to all..

bhaggerty
January 4th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Happy Friday all!
It is even cold inTX! Down in the 40's today!
Kids are wearing pants instead of shorts!
Went to work this am, stopped at one store for that quilting mag but no luck!
Left work at 1 pm b/c DH and I are heading to the big D (and I do mean Dallas) hahaha
For the Cotton Bowl tonight! Hope Texas A & M plays well!
Sorry to any of the Soooner fans out there!

buckeyequilter
January 4th, 2013, 07:17 PM
My vote is to take both....then you have a choice of what you want to work on :)

Have fun on your trip!

Hi everybody!

I am off for a few days. Our yearly "Ladies Go To The Beach" weekend is here.
Now to decide if I pack the sewing machine, the cross stitch, or just bring both.

See you all on Monday!
Hugs, Cathy

K. McEuen
January 4th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Ooo, be careful of the Dallas traffic and road construction. That place is crazy on a Friday evening. Last time I was out there I came into town on a Friday evening and it took me 2 hours to get to my sister's house from less than 30 minutes away. It was a mess.

It was cold here this morning, but I finally remembered to wear a coat before I walked out the door. If you have never been to New Mexico, it deceives you. Bright blue, clear skies, sun shining brightly. It looks like it is 80 degrees outside. Then you walk out and it's 18. Most days I just jump in the truck and go because going back in for my coat seems pointless. I need to get over that before I get caught someplace and need it. Oh well, I do always have a quilt in my truck.

ADKSusie
January 4th, 2013, 08:59 PM
]Happy Friday! I was asked by RockyMountainHorseMomma (Bridgette) to let all her quilting buddies know that she is having computer problems and that she hasn't fallen off the face of the earth. LOL! Apparently, the MSQC'S server and hers do not like each other. :( As soon as she can get switched over to cable she will be back. She is having major withdrawal. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Happy Quilting.......

quiltingtrish
January 4th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Oh Nana, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I'll keep her in my prayers.
I'm feeling blah today too. I think it is because the kids are sucking us dry and it's hard to see above the water (did that even make sense?), but I know it will pass someday.

Today just another workday. Tomorrow will be busy - post office run, food store, write the bills. And more snow - hope it's not alot. I'm ready for April!

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
January 4th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Sandy-------just for you..........yes, I did clean my house from top to bottom in one day and that was after packing and toting 12 tubs of Christmas decorations to the attic! No, I don't have many days like this.....that is why I could brag! And, yes, I will be paying for it for days, but oh, how wonderful it feels now! The only way it was possible is that I spent the last 2 months deep cleaning every nook, cranny, closet, wall and cupboard. Now I can dust and sweep and sail through those tasks called cleaning! I am not much younger than you and I am NOT a minimalist......................just had a really active and productive day! It happens once in a blue moon! I am really trying to spend more time in the sewing studio ....daily if possible...this year! I have to move faster in everything else to get that accomplished. Heaven knows that nothing is going away...............so I have to figure out how to really move it to have time to sew! We are one week into the New Year.....so I can brag.............ask me again in a few weeks!!

I figured once the aches set in because you had been active that you'd get time to get back to me. But, you truly gave yourself away when you said you spent the last two months deep cleaning. See, I'm just starting. Oh, how I wish I had the energy to do it all in a much shorter time!!!

Do you use the Fly Lady method of cleaning? I'd love to get in a position where I could do her method - I try it and it works for about a week and then I oversleep or something.

I went down to my sewing room a bit ago to get something and could hardly move through it. Still many left overs from all the Christmas sewing. Hopefully I can get in there soon.

Hugs to all!!!