PDA

View Full Version : It's Tuesday !

Blondie
November 9th, 2010, 08:22 AM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/FLAMEonfire2/SAYINGS/HiGroupTNS.jpg

Good Morning Ladies!

No June Cleaver dress for cleaning today, lol. For all those who think I would really do that, well sir, you don't know me very well, hehehe. I generally look like this:

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t338/Shadymomma2008/ladycleaning3.jpg

Had fun with the folks last night for my Mom's birthday dinner. My Dad was looking really good - the best I have seen him look in quite a while. I made Mom a cake over the weekend - carrot cake from scratch. I find it tastes better when it has a day or two to age. It was quite yummy ;)

Will be doing some sewing on blocks today. Hoping to get caught up a bit more in that department. Plus I have two Santa heads waiting for bodies and some small ornaments that are not quite completed. Never enough time.

Hope everyone enjoys their day; supposed to be loverly again and warmer the rest of the week.

Check in later.
Blessings to all!!!!!!!

quiltingtrish
November 9th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Morning all - just a quick run by here.

Prayers for you Laura - 9:00 this morning, we're here praying for you.

Looks like a beautiful day today - I hope everyone can get outside for just a bit and enjoy what He has given us.

Hugs,

NM Lady
November 9th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Good morning everyone!

Good luck Laura, will be thinking of you.

Blondie, enjoy every moment with your parents.

Monday was Monday, so hopefully Tuesday will perk up and behave itself!

Ya'll have a wonderful day!

Texsam
November 9th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Morning everyone

Good luck with the doctor's appointment Laura. You'll be in my thoughts.

Off to work.

Have a great day!

patticakes
November 9th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Hi all! Sorry I have not had time to be on here for more than a few secs at a time. I am on a staycation this week and trying to finish the 4 quilts on order. Working on the third one now and the 4th is a baby quilt that I still need fabric for. Heading to a new store I found online that is only about 1/2 an hour from me. Online they sell a black and white bundle that I am excited to get for the swap.
I did catch up on all the posts and wish I had time to address all but need to get some cleaning done also!
We are supposed to head down to St. Louis to visit BF's brother in hospital but we both have terrible colds and I don't want to spread these germs to the poor guy. I won't see him without a mask for sure! He's been in intensive care since June, finally got move out of there this week, and he's been through enough.
Well back to the house cleaning.
I wish you all a wonderful day!
Patti

sally
November 9th, 2010, 01:04 PM
MORNING! Good luck Laura!
Got back late Sunday night from our trip to the coast. Had a great visit with my 97 year old cousin who looks awesome. She is such an incredible lady and the stories she tells. Her Dad was a policeman back in the day of horseback.
So Sunday night went to bed at 10:30 but after having 6 cups of coffee during the day ( I normally have 1/2 to 1 cup if that) I couln't fall asleep and was up to 1 am. Uggh! So last night went to bed at 8 pm and slept striaght thru so no sewing for me last night. Hubby is gone this weekend so I will have lots of time. Need to catch up on my sleep as I am marching in the Remembrance day parade. I have the honor of carrying a flag this year.
PS I love the daily deal. SO pretty!
Have a good one everyone!

Lola2Ace
November 9th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Tuesday is my favorite day of all, my day with Ace and it doesn't get any better than that. I have chili in the crockpot for dinner and doing a bit of crochet and snipping the 1st rag quilt.
Laura prayers are still going up for you, waiting anxiously to find out your results.
Jan, when I have a pic on my cellphone that I want to save on the computer, I text it to my e-mail.
You have to put yourself in your contacts,there should be an envelope for your e-mail address,text it then save it to your usual pic file, check the pixels/size to make sure it didn't save weird from the text. There may be an extra charge on your bill for the picture text though.
Sally, glad you had such a wonderful trip to see your cousin. That is quite an honor to be a flag bearer in the parade.
Patticakes, sounds like you are making great progress on the quilts, and I hope you have a great trip to see BF's brother--just ask for masks from the nurse. Are you going to be able to fit in a stop at MSQC while in Missouri?
Blondie, I agree with you on the carrot cake. I think it takes a day or so for all the wonderful moisture from the fruits to spread thru the cake, especially if it's refrigerated-- I'm weird, I love to cover cake well and refrigerate it.....I love it cold. So glad to hear your Dad was looking so well. Cheering you on with those blocks.
Lola

janluna
November 9th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks Lola. I should be able to do this. Hopefully. I'll try it. Thanks again.
Everyone keep the prayers coming for Laura cause she got down the mountain and her cell phone rang, it was the DR. Office canceling her appointment. Now she has to wait until Friday at 9:30 a.m. to find out what's going on. She was not a happy camper. She is so worried and this doesn't help her at all. Just makes her more worried. So keep praying for my girl as she doesn't need the stress. It just makes her feel more sick. Thank you.
Everyone have a good day and God Bless each and every one of you. Hugs, Jan

Lola2Ace
November 9th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Being optimistic, it could mean good news that they felt comfortable enough to postpone Laura's appointment. I'm just sorry that they got all the way down the mountain before the phone rang.
Jan, I know you can do it......if I can anybody can.
Lola

quiltingtrish
November 9th, 2010, 06:13 PM
I made a resolution today. I love history. I find it interesting to read about the Holocast survivors and the people that hid them underground or took them in to save their lives. I think that people should read stories like this so that type of history does not repeat itself. After today, I'm switching to happy reading! I've read enough to keep that history alive and now - happy things and ideas and find the beauty in every day.
Last night, a friend of Katie's was in a very bad car accident. He was 17. One of the teachers sons that I work with. He is in intensive care after being LifeLioned to Hershey. He is off the breathing tube and showing signs of acknowledging requests to move this or that, but there is still concern about brain damage. Another teacher that followed him quite regularly down the road said he was a slow driver. So, noone knows what happened yet.
After that accident and then this other kid they just diagnosed with leukemia - life is just too short. I knew that before, but sometimes it really hits hard and wakes the rest of us up.
What is important - tell someone you love right now, that you love them. Give them an extra hug.
And I do love you guys - my day isn't complete until I check on here.
Guild meeting tonight - it will be good to get out of the house and among friends, even if most of them are old and not all that cordial. I'll give them a smile they can't resist!

Hope you all have a great evening.

Who will YOU hug today?

HUGS,

Dragonfly
November 9th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Oh my, such a lot happening, my love hugs and prayers to everyone. My thoughts are especially with you Laura, I know how hard it is to wait for doctors to tell you what you need to know but maybe fear hearing, waiting just makes it that much harder.

I am already in Wednesday and have a very busy day ahead so I will stop by later to say 'Hi'.