PDA

View Full Version : Marvelous Monday!

Lola2Ace
November 8th, 2010, 03:28 AM
Wow! What a surprise to get home from work and find out I won that beautiful charm pack! I can't think of a better way to start a Monday.....or any day really! LOL
I can't tell you how many times I have watched the videos the MSQC girls STAR in, and I will continue to watch them. They have given me my interest in quilting back and built my self esteem in so many ways. My Grandma started my interest in quilting many years ago, but it just wasn't going well for me, so I gave up. Now, with the videos and all of you, my friends here, I am happily building my confidence and skills. So, a big thank you to everyone! I know my Grandma is smiling down on all of us!
I hope everybody has a Marvelous Monday!
Lola

janluna
November 8th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Congratulations Lola. It's very exciting to win something isn't it? I'm so happy for you.
Looks like another long night for me. My clock says it's two o'clock but I know it's really three a.m. Then again maybe this is the real time and Day light savings time is the fake time. Whatever, I'm still awake and that's not good. I have books to do and laundry to do in the morning. Maybe I should just get up and do it now. NOT!
Have a wonderful Monday everyone even if it is the worst day of the week. Tomorrow the weather man promised sunshine and a warmer day. YAY! I hope everyone else has a sunny day too. Hugs, Jan

Break a stitch

Blondie
November 8th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Wow! What a surprise to get home from work and find out I won that beautiful charm pack! I can't think of a better way to start a Monday.....or any day really! LOL

Lola

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/congrats/1lg-1.jpg

Happy Monday and congrats to you Lola! My day was just made perfect by your wonderful news.
Jan, Luscious and I kept waking up all night long as well. Won't take us long to adjust. Plus, I think he was just thrilled that the Packers beat the Cowboys.

November kicks off all the celebrations and festivities for us. Sat was hubs birthday, today is my Mom's birthday, my oldest son is on the 15th and it marches on like that until the end of Feb. with at least one birthday a month, anniversaries and of course, Christmas and Thanksgiving, too! I will need roller skates until Spring. (Of course, I secretly think this is the most exciting time of the year - I love celebrations)

I couldn't resist the deal of the day.

It's Monday so that means cleaning:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/cle.jpg

Don't worry, I don't look like that when I am cleaning. And, I take lots of breaks. I plan to sew a wee bit today. Perhaps one long extended break?
Have a great day ladies

NM Lady
November 8th, 2010, 09:56 AM
CONGRATULATIONS Lola!!!!!! That is awesome.

I'm up one whole hour before I should be due to the time change. The clock said 5:00am, the body said "get up, its 6:00 am" Oh well, should be able to get more done today, right?????

Blondie, hope all your folks have wonderful celebrations. We will be busy through the first of the year too.

It looks a little cool out there this morning, but supposed to get up to 78 degrees today. I love fall. The leaves are starting to change. It's a beautiful time of the year. I'm hoping the weather will hold up through the weekend, might be a good time to go to the mountains and take a hike.

Life is all about adventures. Hope everyone has the best Monday they have ever had!!!!

Have a blessed day!:icon_bump:

Texsam
November 8th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Congrats Lola!

Well it's back to the grindstone for me.

Blondie have fun with all of your celebrating! I don't even want to talk about the Cowboys :icon_doh:.

I don't like the time change either. I woke up early too because of it.

Have a great day everyone!

janluna
November 8th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I'll be darned, I forgot what the sun looked like and yet here it is blinding me through the kitchen window. YAY!! The birds were all cheerful and talking as I fed them.
I woke up early too. Of course I didn't get to sleep until 4 a.m. Then I got up at 7.
I wonder why I'm tired?
Isn't great that Lola won the monthly giveaway?
Well you guys have better teams than I do to root for. I'm stuck with the Buffalo Bills!
They haven't won one single game. They are the worst team in the NFL. But we keep rooting for them. They even get close to winning my husband and son are in their glory and when they lose they are so depressed that it's sad. I have to laugh at them. It is really funny! Poor guys.
Bye for now. I'll be popping in and out during my breaks. Love ya all, Jan

sewsoft
November 8th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Yay Congrats Lola2Ace I'm so happy for you. What a wonderful surprise indeed. I want to thank you
ladies all for helping me to love me with the ups and down and to love my sewing once again and not view it as a chore but an art. It really does make a difference when everyone here is always talking about the great videos (which really help since I'm a visual person) what they are sewing and showing pictures of their beautiful work. I just want to thank everyone you all are beautiful and we all have our sewing bond which brings us all here together.
Have a lovely day.

janluna
November 8th, 2010, 01:41 PM
aww Sewsoft you are sew sweet!! It's true though. Thanks to MSQC we have all gotten together and made friends and sisters hopefully for life! But it is nice to be reminded we are here for each other everyday. Thanks sisters Hugs and Love, Jan :icon_hug:

janluna
November 8th, 2010, 01:48 PM
By the way did you know it's MSQC 2nd anniversary of being here? Yup it is. So congratulation to Jenny, Natalie, Sarah, Al, and the rest of their family who work so hard to make our lives a little easier with their wonderful videos and their great merchandise, and beautiful fabrics. Thank you Jenny and family for being here for us. Hugs, Jan
:icon_hug: :icon_woohoo:

Pinky
November 8th, 2010, 02:24 PM
It must have been a bad night for sleeping all over. I woke at 4 a.m. ready to get up. I almost did and thought better of it and went back to sleep at 5. Now I wished I would have just gotten up! Congrats on your winning Lola. I won $60 on 649 this weekend. Of course I stashed it away for Fat Quarter Friday at the quilt shop near me. If you buy 20 fats quarters you get them for $2.50on the second Friday of the month! (And our fat quarters are a little bigger in Canada 'cause we're metric) Such a great way to build my stash. It's going to be nice here today too. Not quite 78 though more like 45. (Had to go look at the thermometer to check the F and C) We are in Celcius in Canada so it's hard to think in F. lol
Have a great Monday Ladies.
Quilty hugs,
Pinky

toggpine
November 8th, 2010, 02:46 PM
It does look like a happy day! Lola won the charm pack, MSQC is celebrating an anniversary, Blondie looks like a pin-up girl while house cleaning, the sun is shining in several places despite the weather mans dire predictions of more rain. Whoo Hoo!
Sewsoft, we are glad you are here. It is great to have this pool of friends to share your highs and lows. It is so nice to have people share in the happy as it seems to make it even better, and help lift your lows so they don't seem so deep. I understand about sewing sometimes seeming like a chore. Viewing it as art is a good way to handle it. I also have a couple of "works in progress" that I can bounce between to keep the more monotonous parts from discouraging me. It is also nice to throw in a quickly completed project too to keep you motivated.
I got a couple of aprons cut out last night and they look almost too simple to be believed. I'll give you the final report once I finish them. I had hoped to get them done today, but a panicked call from one of the pre-school moms has me filling in for her today in class. So I get to put on the "Snack Mom" suit today. We are also having a "Speech Picnic" with my daughter's therapist. Thursday is Veteran's Day and the SLP wants to make sure we get our hour of speech therapy time in. She was willing to give up her lunch break to fit Em in. I suggested we make a picnic of it and that covers all kinds of sounds we can work on, and she still gets to eat. How many people would be willing to give up their lunch to make sure your kids gets that 30 minutes they would loose during a vacation day? See why we love her!
Another little bright spot. I found a bit of work for a friend of a friend. The cash will be helpful and I can bring my daughter. Not a permanent solution, but enough to ease the screaming panic in my head.

A marvelous Monday indeed! I hope that you all can find at least one little bright spot to make the beginning of your week better.

Cathy

quiltingtrish
November 8th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Hi ya gals!
Congratulations Lola and Happy Anniversary to the MSQC gals! What a great Monday!

Finished the baby quilt. My friend pieced it and I quilted it on my machine. After about a month and a half of fooling with the machine and the thread tension, I threatened I would shoot it with the BB gun sitting in the corner. Funny how it started working properly!

Have to get off here (I know - didn't talk much tonight) and get something done around here.

Hugs,
TJ

janluna
November 8th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Very pretty Trish. Thanks for the pics. Hugs, Jan

Blondie
November 8th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Hi everyone

Trish, that baby quilt is too dang cute! I like the soft muted look of the colors; like watercolors. Good job getting that tension to line up. I know how hard you've been working on that between everything else. Now something nice for you? Oh yeah, Odie's coming home SOON.
Hope you can find some good fabric stores in SC. I am certain there are plenty. I found a few outside of Charleston a few years back but I couldn't tell you the name or towns!

Texsam, I am sorry about the Cowboys. My BIL is their largest fan and he is so disgusted right now, he is unbearable. My Poor Sis! But I felt embarassed for them last night - my BIL and hubs thinks the owner is at fault but I have no clue. As long as my man's team wins, I am happy.

Cathy, sounds like you have a winner with your daughter's speech therapist. What a gem! Glad that you found something to tide you over for a wee bit. Prayers must be working; I've been praying on this end of the country!

Congrats Pinky on your winning numbers; and to our MSQC gals for their 2nd anniversary. I can't believe I have been watching them on youtube that long.

Getting ready to slow down for the night. Been a busy day and tomorrow will be also.

Blessings to each for a good evening!
Blondie

Laura108
November 9th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Evening all...Sorry wasnt up to signing on today...I did play with Dresdens tho ..I did however learn today that when your under the weather do not attempt things that take concentration. I had Wilbur the turkey...one of 3 almost done...then decided to add Happy Fall ...so out came the embroidery machine unit....then no ..i cant be satisfied I have to add applique leaves...Well disaster ...I cut the fabric for leaves on the table..not realizing I cut threw the wall hanging...well after a bushel of tears...Im better. He's for me anyway...so I'm going to use stitch witchery and mend him....I knew better...but oh well.
Cross your fingers please...Tomorrow at 9 am Doctor's appointment. I think I already know the verdict but ...I have one more night to hope its not.
Now...Lola....Congratulations!!! Wow...I bet your so excited ...what a wonderful gift for MSQC :)
...speaking of them...Happy Anniversary MSQC. You guys Rock!!
NM- I'd love to come down and see your fall.....ours is still pretty but almost over...makes me a little sad...
Trish...What a beautiful blanket nice job...I bet it feels wonderful to have it done..
Cathy-Congrats on the job and being able to work around things.
Pinky ...congrats on your win. I never play lol...so therefore I guess I will root double for you :)
SewSoft ...your too sweet. I feel the same way ...Here its like you can let your hair down and be creative...and their is always someone who relates to how ya feel...making it all so much better. I am so glad we are friends:)
Jan...please try to rest tonight. We were both up way to late last night for our own good. I will call you right after the Dr. Not sure but can you post the picture of Wilbur I sent you today ..I have no clue how to do it from my phone...lol...yep dense here..
Well I hope everyone sleeps well...
Hugs and love,
Laura
OOps Blondie I didnt forget you...just having brunette moments. I just love your postings and todays was too cute...I always wanted to be June Clever...Maybe when I feel better I'll greet Rodney at the door dressed in a dress ...hair perfect...with my string of pearls...and say welcome Darling...Hmm on second thought ...lol....nope I will just stay me LOL....poor baby!!
Hugs and Love,
Night

Texsam
November 9th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Blondie - thanks for the sympathy :lol:

Well the Cowboys fired their coach today, not that it will help any this season! Yeah I don't watch anymore because it's embarrassing. I don't like Jerry Jones very much either- he has gone through a lot of coaches in my opinion because he is too hands on. Something good better happen soon-he has that crazy big stadium to fill up. :icon_rolleyes:

I'm happy the Packers won for ya'll.

I'm happy the Texas Rangers made it to the World Series even if they didn't win. At least they knocked the Yankees out of it! Sorry for all you Yankee fans. :icon_razz: :icon_heh:

janluna
November 9th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Laura I love the name Wilbur that sounds better than bubba. The guys wearing a tie let's class him up a bit. LOL I'm praying for you sweetie. Everyone here is praying for you too.
The more praying the better, because Jesus said "when ever two or more are in agreement and ask it in my name it shall be given unto you".
If I could post pictures I would but I don't know how to get it off my phone either. Sorry.
Maybe Blondie or someone else who is brighter than me will do it for you. I can txt it to someone else though. Oh yeah, so can you, you txted it to me. See I told you I wasn't that bright. OK somebody else with a brain how do you do this? Love you dearly Honey.
I'm praying and sending healing thoughts in your direction.
Good night everyone Love you all, Jan :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: