PDA

View Full Version : 2013 UFO group...

aliaslaceygreen
December 30th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Hey there! So many of my friends over here, especially our morning greeting crew....are all of you not UFO hoarders? I think that there should be more people over there joining us trying to get things done in 2013!!!

Go check out the UFO group...the more the merrier!

pcbatiks
December 31st, 2012, 12:44 AM
Hi Trish..............I thought about it but believe it or not........I only have one UFO! My challenge will be to not take so long to complete the projects I start! Hope you have a great New Year!

Cat n bull
December 31st, 2012, 12:49 AM
I have too much difficulty working on more than one thing at a time! My brain is not that sophisticated :icon_razz: I have to finish each project before I can move on to the next, or the unfinished one haunts me and muddles my thinking for whatever I am trying to do instead.

It was VERY hard for me these past few weeks when I had to put one quilt aside to work on things I needed for Christmas.

K. McEuen
December 31st, 2012, 01:13 AM
I quilt for fun, enjoyment, entertainment, etc. Putting a deadline on something takes a lot of that away for me. I'll pass on the group. I don't have that many UFOs anyway.

aliaslaceygreen
December 31st, 2012, 01:35 AM
Wow! I can't even imagine not having a dozen or more things started!

Poppytree
December 31st, 2012, 01:53 AM
I've moved most of my UFOs on a stage but I have a load of USOs! (Unstarted Objects)

These are all the projects I want to do but haven't had a chance to make a start yet - I have the fabrics/patterns/ideas/templates (hexis and twister) needed but dare not start them until the currect UFOs are nearly finished!

bkthomas
December 31st, 2012, 02:28 AM
I'm going to pass too Trish, I like to join up on too many things and can't follow through!

toggpine
December 31st, 2012, 02:52 AM
This one is asking for a fail in 2013.
I have one more year on my board of directors term with my volunteer group. Their training schedule will keep me busy through October-ish. I'll sign up for 2014 if I still have any UFOs left to do. (I should just put my name on the list now.)

nana margaret
December 31st, 2012, 12:44 PM
I only have one ufo too, next year hopefully will be doing a lot more sewing!:)

Sandy Navas
December 31st, 2012, 01:50 PM
Trish, I saw that group and decided not to join. I watched Alf too many years to please the DD (that means dear daughter here . . . ) and I do have some friends who flew in on unidentified flying objects and they do keep me happy. So, since I felt my bases were covered I'll wait until I have my house cleaned up for the year and then I'll check to see what needs to be finished.

Besides - do you make us memorize 12 rules?

MsRabbott
December 31st, 2012, 02:15 PM
I for one LOVE the idea! A few of the items on my list are things I've wanted to start on, but have put off because of other "shiny" new projects. ;) And the mystery of not knowing which number will be picked keeps it fun! Instead of having the guilt of knowing you *should* be working on Project X, you have permission to ignore it because it's not this month's number! Then too, when that number is picked, you know you can move on to something else in a month after you've spent some concerted effort on it! I think it's a win-win, especially since the goals are only as large as we make them!

aliaslaceygreen
December 31st, 2012, 02:47 PM
I for one LOVE the idea! A few of the items on my list are things I've wanted to start on, but have put off because of other "shiny" new projects. ;) And the mystery of not knowing which number will be picked keeps it fun! Instead of having the guilt of knowing you *should* be working on Project X, you have permission to ignore it because it's not this month's number! Then too, when that number is picked, you know you can move on to something else in a month after you've spent some concerted effort on it! I think it's a win-win, especially since the goals are only as large as we make them!

Yep, THIS is my thinking on it too!!!

joyrocks
December 31st, 2012, 02:51 PM
Posted my list. Hope I wasn't overzealous.

janluna
December 31st, 2012, 05:06 PM
Hi Trish, I joined for the fun of it, and maybe it will help spur me on to finish what I started. I will look forward to the fellowship, and giggles we will share with each other as we stumble to our goals. I'm looking forward to working on some things I have been working on and off, since I started quilting. That was 2009. I still have a quilt top to do from a raffle at a LQS, that I won in 2009! Procrastinator, thy name is Jan Luna! I'll welcome the reminder to get busy doing something I love. As my DH says, "I have to do something, even if it's wrong!" lol Anyway, I'm looking forward to having company while I try to catch up my UFO's. Hugs, Jan L.

MayinJerset
January 1st, 2013, 12:15 PM
I'm going to check the rules out before I decide to join or not.

I participate in a UFO list on another quilting forum and of the 12 I had listed in 2012 I finished 8! Some of the projects were small ones but it's a record finish for me. I cheated a bit when I changed my list a few times when I found and completed a UFO I hadn't orginally listed. Those little UFO suckers are hiding everywhere. Also my idea of a UFO is any project started and not finished - even if I only selected the fabric, decided on the pattern and bundled them together it's a UFO on my mind's list. May

pcbatiks
January 1st, 2013, 12:35 PM
I've moved most of my UFOs on a stage but I have a load of USOs! (Unstarted Objects)

These are all the projects I want to do but haven't had a chance to make a start yet - I have the fabrics/patterns/ideas/templates (hexis and twister) needed but dare not start them until the currect UFOs are nearly finished!

Hey Jane......that's the same problem I have.....too may Unstarted Objects!!

Cat n bull
January 1st, 2013, 12:55 PM
Well, I just created a UFO! I basted my quilt layers together and put it aside so I can start on the mystery quilt that actually just had the final design revealed. Not enough to join the group, but quilting is sure changing the way I do things!