PDA

View Full Version : Sundays are a good day

Blondie
December 30th, 2012, 10:28 AM

Happy Sunday to each and every Folksies out there!

I dawdled around this morning, was up late late late last night at my Mom's playing some games with Sis. The guys were not invited. We sure enjoy girl time. I always tell Luscious I married him because I needed to cuddle now and then, to hear nice things about me in a deep voice, that I needed someone to do heavy work, etc. In all honesty, the above is true. lol. But I loves him to death. He would just rather be watching NFL channel or anything football than play a game of cards and listen to we hens cackle.

Yesterday after work, we both cleaned a wee bit more in the basement. Got two huge boxes of old stuff - some to donate, some to throw out. And lots of cardboard boxes to burn - which is good considering how windy and cold it was. We can only either one of us take so much stirring up the dust down there, along with Dinah fur, we start to itching eyes, nose and so forth. Even with allergy meds. Okay, my secret is out. I am a slob. I should detail the basement a lot more than I do. I would rather sew down there. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Now my sewing area is such a mess that before I can sit and sew or even cut, I will need to either clean or shove it all into a box or floor. Hmmmmm. Not a big decision. I will probably do both and then sew. I can only hold out so long for my addiction.
Hugs, smiles and prayers for all dear ones here. Enjoy your day!

SMILE

dizzyLiz
December 30th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Morning Blondie,

I understand girlfriend. I have a choice on how to use my one day off......clean house, or sew. Not much choice huh LOL. But hubby suggested before he left for work, that I choose cleaning LOL. I do have a group coming for New Years, so clean it is.
Have a A GREAT SUNDAY ALL

Jean Sewing Machine
December 30th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Hello! Woke up today to find a wonderful email from our forum friend Klasien, who is coming to Missouri next fall for the MSQC 2013 tour! Klasien may come to St. Louis for a visit before we drive up to Hamilton for some fun days with Jenny. Check your calendars, if you can party with us, the Hamilton trip is Oct. 1-5. Klasien is coming to St. Louis a few days early and we are planning on painting the town! If those who are nearby can join us, please PM me, and we'll plan a get together for when she is here! This gives a whole new meaning to RETIREMENT! I can actually plan a trip in the fall of the year and not feel guilty about abandoning my classes! I haven't had a fall trip in at least 26 years, since I started full time teaching! It will be glorious! I must vow NOT TO AGREE TO COSTUME A FALL SHOW! Jean, be the girl who can say no, not "I'm just the girl who can't say no!"

RFREE
December 30th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Good morning all. I too like to sew over cleaning the house.My house tells on me ha ha. I didn't make the sewing machine cover as I said I was going to yesterday but I busted out 2 baby quilts and 2 pillow cases for the Cardinal Glennon group.It warms my heart to be able to help out. I want to make another one today but I think my DD wants to have a spa day. Ha ha if yall knew me you would know I don't wear much makeup let alone any jewelry,paint my nails or anything else but she is wanting to" FIX ME UP".Ha ha we will see what she can do with this old gal . LOL
Yall have a great day.
Hugs from Ky
Rhonda

RFREE
December 30th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Hello! Woke up today to find a wonderful email from our forum friend Klasien, who is coming to Missouri next fall for the MSQC 2013 tour! Klasien may come to St. Louis for a visit before we drive up to Hamilton for some fun days with Jenny. Check your calendars, if you can party with us, the Hamilton trip is Oct. 1-5. Klasien is coming to St. Louis a few days early and we are planning on painting the town! If those who are nearby can join us, please PM me, and we'll plan a get together for when she is here! This gives a whole new meaning to RETIREMENT! I can actually plan a trip in the fall of the year and not feel guilty about abandoning my classes! I haven't had a fall trip in at least 26 years, since I started full time teaching! It will be glorious! I must vow NOT TO AGREE TO COSTUME A FALL SHOW! Jean, be the girl who can say no, not "I'm just the girl who can't say no!"

I am soooo jealous Jean. Of all years our fall break is the second week of Oct. Not the first week as it has been for the past 2 years.I was waiting to see when it was so I could go to Hamilton with yall but I was VERY disappointed to find out last week they moved it back a week. I wanted to go so bad and there is no way I can take off work. You all are going to have the best time meeting each other and getting to know one another. I am just heart broken:(
Tears from Ky.
Rhonda

MayinJerset
December 30th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Yes, Somedays we have to buckle down and clean so I'll do a little this morning just to keep my hand in. We have a little snow on the ground this morning, but sun is shining and I may venture out to farm market later today but mainly would like to spend the day sewing.

Good News we may have our new gas fireplaced installed soon. Contractor was here yesterday and mapped out the work and will get a plumber here ASAP. He is very busy rebuilding homes damaged by Hurricane Sandy and it's slow going because each town has different building codes. Biggest problem is if the estimated repairs are more than half of the accessed value of the home it has to be rebuilt 14 feet above the ground. That's a big problem because many of the homes built along the bay and oceanfront are old bungalows with poor foundations that won't support that. These homes hardly support all the additons put on them over the years. Think many people will just abandon their homes as they can't afford the rebuilding then someday a big builder can come in and build luxury waterfront condos or homes that should not be built there. Has happened before. May

Jean Sewing Machine
December 30th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I am soooo jealous Jean. Of all years our fall break is the second week of Oct. Not the first week as it has been for the past 2 years.I was waiting to see when it was so I could go to Hamilton with yall but I was VERY disappointed to find out last week they moved it back a week. I wanted to go so bad and there is no way I can take off work. You all are going to have the best time meeting each other and getting to know one another. I am just heart broken:(
Tears from Ky.
Rhonda

Oh Rhonda, I was so hoping we could get together with you! Could you come to St. Louis for a day over the weekend? I think for the Hamilton trip we were going to leave on Sunday, we could party Saturday if you could make it here. I have tons of beds, you could spend the night with us, and we could party hearty!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 30th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Good morning all. I too like to sew over cleaning the house.My house tells on me ha ha. I didn't make the sewing machine cover as I said I was going to yesterday but I busted out 2 baby quilts and 2 pillow cases for the Cardinal Glennon group.It warms my heart to be able to help out. I want to make another one today but I think my DD wants to have a spa day. Ha ha if yall knew me you would know I don't wear much makeup let alone any jewelry,paint my nails or anything else but she is wanting to" FIX ME UP".Ha ha we will see what she can do with this old gal . LOL
Yall have a great day.
Hugs from Ky
Rhonda Girlfriend, how can you make two baby quilts and two pillowcases in a day? You are WONDER WOMAN!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 30th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Yes, Somedays we have to buckle down and clean so I'll do a little this morning just to keep my hand in. We have a little snow on the ground this morning, but sun is shining and I may venture out to farm market later today but mainly would like to spend the day sewing.

Good News we may have our new gas fireplaced installed soon. Contractor was here yesterday and mapped out the work and will get a plumber here ASAP. He is very busy rebuilding homes damaged by Hurricane Sandy and it's slow going because each town has different building codes. Biggest problem is if the estimated repairs are more than half of the accessed value of the home it has to be rebuilt 14 feet above the ground. That's a big problem because many of the homes built along the bay and oceanfront are old bungalows with poor foundations that won't support that. These homes hardly support all the additons put on them over the years. Think many people will just abandon their homes as they can't afford the rebuilding then someday a big builder can come in and build luxury waterfront condos or homes that should not be built there. Has happened before. May That sounds so sad about rebuilding. It certainly will change the Jersey shore, and condos just don't have the charm of bungalows! I went to the Jersey Shore one summer, my aunt and uncle rented an apartment in Stone Harbor every summer for two weeks. One week her girls could invite their friends, and the second week, the adult friends/relatives were invited. She asked us and asked us, and my hubs was not much of a traveler, but he finally relented and we went. Had such a fun time! And those were great memories of a fun place!

aliaslaceygreen
December 30th, 2012, 11:09 AM

Good News we may have our new gas fireplaced installed soon. Contractor was here yesterday and mapped out the work and will get a plumber here ASAP. He is very busy rebuilding homes damaged by Hurricane Sandy and it's slow going because each town has different building codes. Biggest problem is if the estimated repairs are more than half of the accessed value of the home it has to be rebuilt 14 feet above the ground. That's a big problem because many of the homes built along the bay and oceanfront are old bungalows with poor foundations that won't support that. These homes hardly support all the additons put on them over the years. Think many people will just abandon their homes as they can't afford the rebuilding then someday a big builder can come in and build luxury waterfront condos or homes that should not be built there. Has happened before. May

This is one of the things I fear most, May! I won't make it to NY/NJ till Easter, so much of the debris will be gone and the landscape will be so different... but the character of the Jersey shore may go the way of VA beach, with crazy highrise hotels all along the water....sad.... I know that they are talking of possibly denying building in Zone A on Staten Island (probably the whole of NYC)...my daughter was up there for Christmas and without even spending too much time going to look, saw.... and of course was with NY/NJ family who suffered losses...

aliaslaceygreen
December 30th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Work today. They pay me to clean there (at least when I have time) ...it's possible I would clean at home if I were PAID....
Then, Joanns for some threads ---50% off ....I need to have some in place if I plan on quilting tomorrow and Tuesday!!!

tori w
December 30th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Good Morning my friends. After spending last night watching musical's with my two oldest, today we are celebrating child #3's 14th birthday. That means lunch at Chili's and a trip to Dick's sporting good for new running shoes.

we are suppose to have snow tomorrow and I'm hoping that means time to sew.

tori

RFREE
December 30th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Girlfriend, how can you make two baby quilts and two pillowcases in a day? You are WONDER WOMAN!
How? No house work, no eating, minimal potty breaks ha ha I tell ya when I go in the sewing room you don't see me for hours. My DD was saying just that last night. "I hate it when you sew...I never get to see you". Anyway I would be afraid if I came up for one day I wouldn't want to leave come Sunday.Unless of course yall kidnapped me sayyyy I could call my boss and say I have been kidnapped in St. Louis and can't make it to work this coming week! Think that will fly???

pcbatiks
December 30th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Hello everyone........we have frost on the ground again.......and yes that is very cold for us! :) A friend of my parents made an embroidered quilt label for me to go on MIL's quilt. I sewed it in place last night, wrapped it and will give it to her today when we visit her and DH's sister family.

Jean....when Klasien comes to visit be sure and make her favorite meal........Kraft mac & cheese! :D Sounds like you all will have a great time and the fabric stores better stock up!

Is it just me or does finally taking the leap and doing FMQ on a project make you feel braver?! Question for Loonwatcher........did you try FMQ yet.....I know you were hesitating like me! :)

CrazyMtnLady
December 30th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Happy Sunday morning to you all. The sun is shining on this last Sunday in 2012. We are planning to go to town tomorrow so I can get a few things to make us some snacks for watching the ball drop, even though it won't be the same without Dick Clark.

I stayed up past my bedtime last night. DH and I were sitting on the bed with the laptop watching some videos on mainly Russian drivers and the crashes they have. Remind me never to go to Russia and try to drive. The are wild over there for sure. Turn left across two lanes of traffic right in the path of the other cars beside them. It seems everyone has a dashboard camera in their car! Wild!!!

I got the border on the baby quilt yesterday and then decided to stop and make a tote following Jenny's tutorial. Will post pictures in a bit.
I added inside pockets on the lining and a button closure. I am thinking of making one for my neighbor. She is always reading so is always carrying books with her, so maybe she would appreciate the tote.

I think I will do more sewing today. I need to get out my 2 UFO baby quilts and see what I need to finish them. The one I know is just the backing, but the other needs more borders.

Have a wonderful Sunday and like Blondie always says.. Smile!

Hugs and prayers to all.

buckeyequilter
December 30th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Good morning.....

I slept in this morning and now I'm rested and ready to go. I will be working on a couple of quilts. I have one to bind and the other to square up and bind....put labels on both. Then I need to clean up the back corner of my sewing room....everything gets stashed there...I at least need to make the boxes and junk look orderly. OHHHHHH...but before I do any of that I need to de-Christmas the house...so guess I'd better get to that now.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

Sandy Navas
December 30th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Tears from Ky.
Rhonda

You can still plan your trip for the second week and Jean and I will mosey on over and visit with you, right Jean? Don't give up a visit to M*QC because of work issues - just move your dates around for your personal convenience!!!!

Sandy Navas
December 30th, 2012, 11:37 AM
A bright beautiful morning. When I walked out of the bedroom this morning I was greeted with a panoramic view of the wildest sunrise I think I have ever seen. The whole visible horizon was flame red and it looked as if the East was on fire. Of course, not knowing how to set the timer on my camera (DUH) and not having a stable surface readily available - I wasn't able to capture it. Love those spectacular displays in the sky.

Not much planned here for the day. I think I will continue with some of my piddly destashing efforts. I think I'm going to get the DGDs over here this week to help me take down all the Christmas decorations. I need to have them help me sort decorations and make more room in the store room so I can at least get in there and move around to find something. It is awful being such a pack-rat.

So, if you are up and around just know that I'm thinking of you and have everyone in need in my prayers.

Madeforyouinma11
December 30th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Is it just me or does finally taking the leap and doing FMQ on a project make you feel braver?! Question for Loonwatcher........did you try FMQ yet.....I know you were hesitating like me! :)
I found I got a little braver.. My first FMQ project was for my SS's mug rug, then I had two runners that I was giving as gifts before Christmas and did it again...I had so much fun! I made three more runners in the last two days and they are all sandwiched and ready to quilt and guess what I am going to do FMQ again! I'm finding that right now I can only do loop de loops but I'm very happy with the result. I will practice some new things come the new year.

MRoy
December 30th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Good morning! I slept in this morning since it was after 1 before I went to sleep...too much coffee and chocolate yesterday or maybe I was trying to celebrate New Year's Eve early. It's a beautiful sunny morning here...still cold as whiz though. No big plans...may take a nap later.

quiltingtrish
December 30th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Happy Sunday all~~
Today the trees go out. I have one more snap bag and some fudge to make and I will be done with the gifts. I think for next Christmas I am going to try and make the person's gifts the month of their birthday. Plus, my mind is always scrambling for what to make for my co-workers at school. Those I plan to start in the summer. It will either be small clothesline baskets or those beautiful star ornaments. I don't enjoy shopping out and about and we know it comes every year, so 2013 will be a year of change for me, hopefully. That's my plan.

Have a smiley day! Hugs,

Madeforyouinma11
December 30th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Good morning everyone! Well, we finally got some snow. Not too much, just about 4-5". Hubby and SIL are out there now clearing the cars and the driveway. Looks so pretty with the sun shining and everything covered in snow.
I really wish I could come to join all of you in Oct. right now it doesn't look like it can happen, but things could change between now and then. I will however keep track of all the fun you girls will be having.
Today, I should be cleaning but I have to quilt and bind three table runners, and finish the binding on another gift. All of them are needed for tomorrow night. Then I need to work on finishing up two quilts.
I really need to clean but it is going to have to wait until all these things are done. Jan 6th will be the beginning of the deep clean for the new year.
Sandy, I'm like you..I need to sort and organize, only for me, it's my attic that I cannot get into. I need to pull everything out and throw some things away so I will know where everything is. That needs to get done before it gets too warm to be in the attic.

I have so many projects lined up for this year, I'm hoping to stay motivated enough to get them all done.
Do any of you have a list of projects..sewing and non-sewing that you want to get done?

Well, I'm off to begin the day! Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday... Prayers to everyone and stay safe out in the snow.

bakermom
December 30th, 2012, 12:31 PM
final prep for our family Christmas. Everything is done and ready to go. it's one of the few times during the year that most of my extended family is together in one place. There will be lots of good food, games and laughter. we are so blessed that we all get along so well.

GrammaBabs
December 30th, 2012, 12:33 PM
We got the snow,,, only 3 inches,,,, get to hea Mr. Bill complain and yap about the crappy job they did,, yadayadayada.... we moved here, they do it all for you,,, but NOT him,,, he blocks the driveway,,, Anywhoooooooooo
One more party today,,, gotta make Chix wings,, grab my bottle of wine,, and be off at 4... tomorrow is the NYE,,bash... first year we've done this much,, but i'm likin' it!!!
I've figured out that my funky sign in i had to change to was tripping me up,,, but it still will not "leave me signed in" on return visits,,, no patience for that!!
Blondie.. it's so good to hear i'm not the ONLY person here that "creates among cahos"... but i'm serious about it this time.... this year has really gotten to me, and now with all my storage bins... to fill,,, it's gonna happen..

Ginny B
December 30th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Good Morning all. Happy New Years' Eve eve. Didn't get any snow to speak of yesterday -- just rain. :( It is very cold out there now though. I think we are in for a cold spell. We are going to have a pretty relaxing day today. I do have a couple loads of laundry to do but that doesn't take much effort especially since it's towels and sheets so there's not a lot of little folding to do. It will go fast. No real house cleaning on the agenda today. We do have to move a few things around in the garage so I can get to the dryer easier. It has been a mess out there since kitchen construction/Sandy/no power/Christmas and getting to the dryer has been a bit of an adventure. So before I hurt myself, we are going to move a bunch of bins out of my way. Then the day will be spent watching the last week of regular season football, watching a Craftsy class (hopefully), maybe doing some cutting for some placemats I need to make for co-workers of dh . Boy did I score at Joann's yesterday! I needed some Christmas material that someone wants for her placemats and the material was 60% off. There were two bolts with just a little over 2 yards on one and a bit over 1 on the other -- I took it all. Then I had a 15% off entire purchase on top of that. Of course I picked up a few other things (like some cute teddy bear Christmas material for me :) ) And while I was there I looked at and tried a Pfaff Ambition Essential sewing machine. I liked it. :) But dh and I will have to discuss it for a bit. It's not like I don't have any sewing machines but I don't have any that can do what that one does. We will see. He seems to be leaning towards talking me into it. He says that since I have been doing so much more sewing for people that are paying me to do it, it may be worth the investment if it makes things easier. But I still love my little featherweight for straight stitcing on most things. She would still be my #1. :)

Ok, off to do a bit of laundry and then head to the couch for a bit. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

Ginny B

Divine Daisy
December 30th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Late Sunday afternoon now in Daisy World.

I took myself off to Bomaby Store to buy some cheap fur fabric because I decided I really needed a couple of dry runs in making a Teddy Bear before I tackle Gladly. The reason for this? The mohair was 54 a meter!! By no means was this the most expensive, it goes up to over 100m. I only need 1/3 meter but still eh? Anyway I got some at 3a meter......much more my price lol so tomorrow I will give these little girls a go.

The stress of Christmas is lifting from my shoulders and I am feeling light and my cheeriness is returning, I am sure everyone will be glad of that lol.

Only 3 and a half weeks until our holiday on the wildest most beautiful clifftop in the world (biased I know) and we are so looking forward to it. Mr Daisy has been going through his camera gear and buying new filters as if they are going out of fashion. Eldest daughter Heather is doing the same thing, I really doubt if we will see much of them once they get on the cliffs and into the rock pools with their cameras bless them. I am going to walk those cliff tops by the hour and let the stress and cobwebs fall away from me.

Lamb Chops for supper, I better start thinking about getting it going.

Waves

lilmouse
December 30th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Glad to hear you are doing better today Ms Daisy.......and a couple of dry runs sounds good to me...can I send you my addy as I know they will be adorable!
To ALL: Hope everyone accomplishes what they set out to do today....not sure what I am doing besides laundry.....we cut Sassi's hair last night....oh my was that a scene and a half....took two of us and over two hours to cut her hair and trim her toe nails....I would love to have been watching from above...it had to be a sight....she doesn't like baths or haircuts or toenail trimming so you can just imagine the "fun" we had....and then I gave her a bath....she likes her Daddy though and we were quickly forgiven and she looks so cute with her impromtu haircut....wish I could post a pic...you would die laughing but she looks much better! Am hoping to get into the sewing room after work tomorrow....yesterday at the restaurant was very slow.....don't know if tomorrow or Tuesday is going to be any better...we will see...tonight I work at Joann's doing a fabric move after closing...wear casual clothes! Into work at 6:30 pm and out at 11:30 and be at the restaurant at 8 in the morning ...should be interesting!

cyndiofthevortex
December 30th, 2012, 01:59 PM
I started my day today by cleaning the kitchen! Just had to get that out of the way. DH is doing some laundry and the floors are next. Then we are off to Joann's to spend my $25 gift certificate I got as a Christmas present. There are a few things I want that are on sale and I'll see how many of them I can buy and keep it under the $25 limit. No extra money after the expenses of Christmas! I've decided I don't need a turn-around cutting mat, just a smaller one that I can turn myself! How smart am I? After Joann's we might go have our passport pictures taken as we have been given an all-expense paid trip to Mexico for next year. Can you believe it? I can't. Then home for the Patriots vs Dolphins game. It seems like a very ordinary day but I plan to smile and laugh through it and see how special ordinary can be.

Lisapc
December 30th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I was up late buying fabric via thousands of bolts and slippers for my son via payless. It was snowing like crazy and my Alaskan Malamutes were not coming to bed anyway. They went outside at around 9:30 and didn't come in until after 1:00am. I didn't care because I was shopping. I spent $50 more than planned but am all set for a while. I was at a LQS yesterday and in 2 weeks they are starting a mystery strip club. You pay $ 24 for 24 block patterns, you get 2 a month. You also pick 3 fabrics and they put the entire amount needed for the whole quilt away for you and you pay for and get a 6 inch strip of each fabric each month and it keeps the cost to a 1/2 yard a month. You can get a third block if you cut it right. You can also choose a second set of fabrics if you sign up by the 1/12th deadline. Any fabrics you want so I am really thinking about it. I.am off for a hot shower and then pulling out some fleece for pajamas for my son.
I hope you all have a warm and toasty day.

shannonsaulter
December 30th, 2012, 04:18 PM
GM all..getting more of the holiday stuff put away..just having a nice day off...tomorrow will just be get ready to go back to work day..may try to get a bit of baby quilt done too...hope everyone has a great day!!!

Kendra Long
December 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I made it into JoAnn's this morning and picked up some fabric to make burp rags for some of my friends. Sure gave me baby fever, not that I didn't have the fever before my shopping trip! I enjoy making small baby gifts- they are just the right size for a beginner like me. It is supposed to warm up into the 40's here today in NW MO, which is warmer than it's been lately. I have my last family Christmas dinner this evening. Hope everyone has a great day- I know I sure enjoy lazy Sundays. :)

SuzyQue
December 30th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Church is done and chili was made and consumed, so I guess I have the rest of the day to myself. HMMMM?????? What ever will I do? Hubby and son are working outside, cleaning up some old metal piles and bringing home the tractor in preparation for the snow tomorrow. DD is doing some studying and reading in her room. I feel like a nap, but I want to get into that sewing studio again today! Yesterday, got swallowed up by visiting ailing and older family members then a shopping trip with DD to use up some free money that would expire soon. By the time we got home, I was exhausted! We will have a quick supper later tonight....so off I go to finish those 5 preemie quilts and then cut out some more. These things are addicting.....fun, quick, easy.....and it is fun to sew with baby fabrics again. I have the entire process down to a factory assembly line set up, so I can just keep sewing for hours. I know I won't have many more days like these, so I must be productive while I can! A little winter warm up today, but cold and snow the rest of the week. Menus are planned accordingly and I hope to get back into routine, take down the tree, and start the new year organized and ready to go! Later..................off to sew!

toggpine
December 30th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Oh I was up too late last night.
I started looking for fabrics in my stash and started a tidy up. I have 5 small tote bags to finish today for gifts for tomorrow. 1 is nearly done, three are cut and I finally found the fabric for #5 at o'dark thirty this AM.
To bed @ 3:30 and up at 9:15. Then the family wanted breakfast. So pancakes & bacon later... the kitchen is clean, I'm going to run through a shower since I smell vaguely of bacon. While DH might find that cologne appealing, it just isn't my favorite scent.
Then I shall load more CDs in to the computer and listen to music while I sew.
I do believe there is a couch cushion fort being built in the living room. Such fun for the day!

Blessings to you and your loved ones!
Hugs, Cathy

EnumclawGramma
December 30th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Happy Eve of New Year's Eve everyone! This morning I finished up one last Christmas table topper just in time to put it away with all my decorations (better late than never!) and made myself a crazy quilt square with all my Christmas fabric scraps. I am trying to make one crazy square for every quilt etc. that I gift, and then make myself one big crazy quilt. Sort of a memory quilt for myself.
I got my sewing area all cleaned up and ready to go for 2013! As I was doing this I was thinking about Jenny Doan and all she has taught me this year, and saying a little prayer of thanks and blessing to her and her wonderful family! I made myself a little mental list of the skills I've learned from her and WOW! What a list! She's given me the confidence to try things I never thought I would. SO thankful for M*QC. Without them I would still be a timid beginner and I never would have made the wonderful friends I've found on this forum. Pretty neat stuff if you ask me!

I'm off to make a pot of chili for the football group. The Seahawks are playing and I want a no fuss meal to follow up the game! Hugs and prayers to all who need 'em! Have a wonderful Sunday.

janluna
December 30th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Good Afternoon, I just spent the last 3 hours watching the Michael Chiapperini funeral on TV. He was the first of the two firefighters from West Webster to be laid to rest. Very moving service. And very sad that such a person should lose his life because of some nut that should never have been let out of his cage. He was only 42. He left behind a wife and 3 kids. Tomorrow they will be doing the funeral for Tomas K. He was only 19 years old.
They have arrested the person who got the guns for the animal that did this.
I'm going to go sew now and get my head clear. I'm making a pincushion for my Emily as her 13th birthday is coming up on the 14th of January. Then I will be making bacon and eggs for dinner, and then putting together the fabric I'll be using for my "Margo bag" that I have had the pattern for, for two years now. Procrastinates? who me!!!! Love you all, God Bless, Jan L.

RockyMountainHorseMama
December 30th, 2012, 06:21 PM
:icon_woohoo:My FAV day of the week. It's always a good one, every, single one. LOVE Sunday :icon_bigsmile:

SO good to be back ... reading and enjoying everyone's posts.

RockyMountainHorseMama
December 30th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Happy Sunday all~~
Today the trees go out. I have one more snap bag and some fudge to make and I will be done with the gifts. I think for next Christmas I am going to try and make the person's gifts the month of their birthday. Plus, my mind is always scrambling for what to make for my co-workers at school. Those I plan to start in the summer. It will either be small clothesline baskets or those beautiful star ornaments. I don't enjoy shopping out and about and we know it comes every year, so 2013 will be a year of change for me, hopefully. That's my plan.

Have a smiley day! Hugs,

Uhhhh, Trish, how can I get on your fudge list? Yah, yah, I know, I'm NOT supposed to have sugar and all but DANG! It's home made FUDGE!!! :icon_drool:

​*faints* ---- THUD!

Sandy Navas
December 30th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Uhhhh, Trish, how can I get on your fudge list? Yah, yah, I know, I'm NOT supposed to have sugar and all but DANG! It's home made FUDGE!!! :icon_drool:

​*faints* ---- THUD!

Oh, Boy - Competition - another Drama Queen!!!

Watch out, Bridgette, I've got your number!

Your glasses prescription must be stronger than mine, too!!

auntiemern
December 30th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Ya gotta know I'm in. Barring any baby sitting duties. I am planning on driving to Hamilton on Monday I think. If things change will let you know. Working on oldest DGS's birthday quit today. Trying anything to keep my hands busy, so I am not scratching. Pretty sure I will be making appt with dermatologist to eventually get rid of this rash that just WILL NOT go away. Every time I go to the doc, they 'think' it is something different than the time before. Hopefully will get rid of it completely soon. If not some one better quilt me a padded room. Off to work on the quilt some more. Hugs and prayers for all. Rhonda, try to make it to St. Louis at least for the week end.

toggpine
December 30th, 2012, 11:08 PM
I made it into JoAnn's this morning and picked up some fabric to make burp rags for some of my friends. :)

Kendra,
I need a bib before a burp rag. If you back it with terry cloth, I can clean up after I'm done with my meal. Maybe we aren't that good of friends yet though.... :icon_giggle:

Cathy

pcbatiks
December 31st, 2012, 01:07 AM
I found I got a little braver.. My first FMQ project was for my SS's mug rug, then I had two runners that I was giving as gifts before Christmas and did it again...I had so much fun! I made three more runners in the last two days and they are all sandwiched and ready to quilt and guess what I am going to do FMQ again! I'm finding that right now I can only do loop de loops but I'm very happy with the result. I will practice some new things come the new year.

Cil, I know what you mean.......now I want to get busy and make some more things to FMQ!

quiltingtrish
December 31st, 2012, 01:39 AM
Oh, the fudge. It is yummy! I just use the receipe on the jar of the marshmallow cream. It's the way my mom made it, so that's how I do it. She always told me the trick is once it gets to boiling, it must boil for the length of time indicated to melt the sugar and make sure to constantly stir it. The arm gets tired after 5 minutes of that, but so good and not grainy.

Hugs,

Kendra Long
December 31st, 2012, 01:41 AM
Kendra,
I need a bib before a burp rag. If you back it with terry cloth, I can clean up after I'm done with my meal. Maybe we aren't that good of friends yet though.... :icon_giggle:

Cathy

Haha... I should have said 'for my friends who are expecting' LOL. Funny stuff!! :P

toggpine
December 31st, 2012, 02:55 AM
Sorry Kendra, some of us are wise arses around here.

Kendra Long
December 31st, 2012, 11:40 AM
Sorry Kendra, some of us are wise arses around here.

I enjoyed the good laugh! :)