PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmmm.........best dinner....thanks to Pam!

Klasien
December 29th, 2012, 02:57 PM
My DH and DD are at the game........my DS is at work.......sooooo all by myself.
Time to open my first pack of Mac & Cheese from my Secret Santa box..... got a glass of White Zinfandel to go with this (for me) perfect dinner!!!

Hmmmmmmm, thanks again Pam, it is so good !!

bkthomas
December 29th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Awesome! Enjoy!!!

kelliedi
December 29th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Ok i need the story of the Mac and Cheese, Do ya'll not have it?

Klasien
December 29th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Ok i need the story of the Mac and Cheese, Do ya'll not have it?

You're right Kellie, we don't have Mac & Cheese (I've been to the States often, I know it from our trips) I had it on my list for the Secret Santa.........and YES I got 2 boxes, it is very Special and I think I will save that last box a bit longer than I did this one ;)

toggpine
December 29th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I say we take up a collection and ship her a case!

K. McEuen
December 29th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Klasien is a cheap date! Although once you have to pay international postage to ship the Kraft dinner to her, it's not as cheap as it started out. I got the biggest kick when she asked for Kraft dinner as a SS gift. I wonder if her postman could hear it rattle.

New York Sue
December 29th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I remember seeing this on your wish list, Klasien! Too funny!
I'll be looking for a good sale, with you in mind.
Please PM me your address, chica!

kelliedi
December 29th, 2012, 04:30 PM
OMG....yes please PM your address.... I will send you some variety flavors/brands/styles....i just assumed it was a world wide thing...ROFLMFAO...(I'm sorry) this is just tooo funnie to me. I'm sure there are foods that ya'll have that we don't that are just delish.

BTW I'm not laughing at you or where you live .... it is just funnie to me for some reason.

bakermom
December 29th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Yeah since it's pretty much a staple here you would think it is available everywhere.
I can see it now though, a couple months down the road Klasien will be lost under a mountain of mac and cheese boxes.

kelliedi
December 29th, 2012, 05:34 PM
she can donate them to the food pantry in her area...or use the cheese powder on popcorn....:lol:

Patrice
December 29th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Lol...enjoy..can you buy elbow macaroni there and velveeta cheese? If so I have a recipe for Mac and cheese that is wonderful. Once we had this we never bought the boxed stuff again

pcbatiks
December 29th, 2012, 06:17 PM
OMG.......Klasien that was too funny!!! I was looking through the threads and saw my name and had to see what it was about. I starting laughing as soon as I saw the picture. So glad you are enjoying your Mac & Cheese. Love the nice place setting....glass of wine.......your favorite food and I noticed the Bruce coaster too! Martha Stewart would be jealous! Glad I sent 2 boxes so you have another one to look forward to! It was so much fun having your name for Christmas!

Karen...I'm sure the postman could hear it rattle. It was pretty noisy......I filled the box as best as I could to keep the rattle to a minimum. :D It sounded like a box full of beads!

Klasien
December 29th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Hahahaha Pam.......you know what, my nickname here at home is: Martha Stewart :)

Funny you did notice Bruce......my all time hero!

It was a wonderful dinner, I know it is a sidedish, but for me it was hmmmmmmmm and the wine made it all just perfect!!!
My DH will be home soon from the game, there is not much left, I had too much, but it was just to good to go for one plate........;)

pcbatiks
December 29th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Too funny Klasien..........and yes I knew your nickname at home is Martha Stewart! Remember I had been snooping for months! Your post made me laugh out loud!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 29th, 2012, 09:37 PM
My grandson loves this, it worked great because you could always count on him eating it with gusto UNTIL his mother spoiled him by making REAL baked mac and cheese, then the boxed stuff was no longer acceptable to him!

Kraft mac and cheese was always a staple at our house for decades, mixed with tuna, it can't be beat as a hearty meal, we never had many leftovers on tuna casserole night.

toggpine
December 29th, 2012, 10:12 PM
The first time I tried to make it was before they had pictures on the box. I was maybe 8?
It said to boil the water and add the macaroni. No problem. I made sure I had the right amount of water. Waited until it came to a boil and poured in the noodles. The hard part came when I was supposed to dump it out and drain it.
Not all of the macaroni came out of the tea kettle. That's when I realized I should have used a pan. It took a while to get all of the noodles out of the tea kettle & Mom wasn't so happy.
My cooking has improved greatly since then!

Bubby
December 29th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Most of us were raised on Kraft Man 'N Cheese! Glad you like it...it's a little taste of the US!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 29th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Klasien, you inspired me to go all the way for dinner!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35012[/ATTACH

Isn't American cuisine wonderful?

Jean Sewing Machine
December 29th, 2012, 11:28 PM
The first time I tried to make it was before they had pictures on the box. I was maybe 8?
It said to boil the water and add the macaroni. No problem. I made sure I had the right amount of water. Waited until it came to a boil and poured in the noodles. The hard part came when I was supposed to dump it out and drain it.
Not all of the macaroni came out of the tea kettle. That's when I realized I should have used a pan. It took a while to get all of the noodles out of the tea kettle & Mom wasn't so happy.
My cooking has improved greatly since then! Your story made me laugh out loud! You were an industrious little cook, weren't you? My oldest daughter had no affinity for cooking as she grew up. She went away to college, and the last two years she lived in an apartment with two brothers. She cooked for them! It was a Catholic college so they followed the Lenten dietary regulations for Catholics, which meant eating fish on Friday. It's a good thing Lent was 6 weeks long, so she had 6 weeks to practice making a tuna casserole from Kraft Mac and Cheese--the draining of the macaroni after it was cooked was her first week's difficult lesson to learn. She called and said, "Mom, I did what you said, but it was awfully runny." Upon further questioning, I found out that she didn't grasp the concept of cooking pasta, and throwing away the cooking water before continuing with the rest of the recipe. Finally, after 5 of the 6 weeks, they ate the casserole as it was designed to be eaten, no extra water, and very delicious!

New York Sue
December 29th, 2012, 11:44 PM
In those lean years, when we were younger and getting through school, Kraft Mac and Cheese with sliced hot dogs and a side of green beans was a staple in our house. And that's what really is familiar to my oldest daughter. Through the years, and many Food Network shows later, I've become quite an accomplished cook. And with fourteen years difference between my oldest and youngest, my eldest makes no bones about reminding my youngest..."Yea, well I got the 'Kraft Mac and Cheese with hot dogs' Mom and you got the 'After Food Network' Mom"....

bkthomas
December 29th, 2012, 11:46 PM
In those lean years, when we were younger and getting through school, Kraft Mac and Cheese with sliced hot dogs and a side of green beans was a staple in our house. And that's what really is familiar to my oldest daughter. Through the years, and many Food Network shows later, I've become quite an accomplished cook. And with fourteen years difference between my oldest and youngest, my eldest makes no bones about reminding my youngest..."Yea, well I got the 'Kraft Mac and Cheese with hot dogs' Mom and you got the 'After Food Network' Mom"....

LOL!!! Too Funny!!!

lilmouse
December 29th, 2012, 11:51 PM
I grew up on that...only difference was we made our own recipe...put the cheese packet back in the cupboard, drained the macaroni and added butter and just a dash of ketchup...yummy, I still eat this when I am down...it is comfort food for me!

pcbatiks
December 30th, 2012, 12:42 AM
My cooking has improved greatly since then!

Cathy..........that's the funniest thing I've read in a while! I was laughing so much my husband ask if I was okay from the next room!

Sue.....if I were one of your daughter's I would prefer the "after food network" mom too! :D

Jackiejs
December 30th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Yummy, we have it all the time. Mostley with Hot Dogs.. Hey it works sometimes. ! lol

K. McEuen
December 30th, 2012, 03:13 AM
LOL!!! Too Funny!!!

Kathy even uses cheese colored letters!

CrazyMtnLady
December 30th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Yum... isn't it amazing how the simplest things can give us so much pleasure. Mac and cheese is one of my comfort foods when I am not feeling well.

nurrsey
December 30th, 2012, 12:16 PM
College food since it was so cheap at least, back in my college days. Can't believe they don't have it by you. I chuckled when I read that you had wine with it....now that's a first!!!

MRoy
December 30th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Growing up on a farm, mac and cheese was a treat that we didn't have very often. Instead, we had macaroni and home canned tomatoes and it's still one of my favorites.

buckeyequilter
December 30th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Growing up on a farm, mac and cheese was a treat that we didn't have very often. Instead, we had macaroni and home canned tomatoes and it's still one of my favorites.

I love macaroni & tomatoes too...I now add hamburger to mine. We didn't have mac & cheese often, never Kraft, we had mom's homemade. I don't care for for the boxed mac & cheese, even today. I will eat the Stouffer's frozen or homemade.

GrammaBabs
December 30th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Well,,, me being the girl that can eat pasta until i'm in a "carb coma" as my DS calls it..... Betty Crocker has just released a new Mac and Cheese... (at least pretty new here).... they have Pizza flavor, Grilled Cheese and regular... it's pretty tasty, and requires "no draining".... yet another quick way to pack on those pounds.... Me, bread (artisan, french anything crusty) and Pasta,,, Angel Hair or Capellini being my fav),,,, with BUTTER.... i'm in heaven.... good thing i also like "meat",,, chicken or pork.... after this "partyextravaganza" we've been having around here,, i'm so ready to dine on veggies and lean meat!!! so's my Bod!!

Blondie
December 30th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I say we take up a collection and ship her a case!

sounds like a plan to me!

Klasien
December 30th, 2012, 05:16 PM
What great fun to read all those stories!
Seems like mac and cheese has been around forever, it is about time they start selling it in the Netherlands as well!!!

I had leftover today, my DH said: Is that all you have left from a whole box........?

Well I will start walking the second of january and try to lose those extra pounds, till then.......I'll enjoy all good things!!!!

BellasQuilts
December 30th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Okay, let's send her a big box and I will throw in some good wine from California! If you all are game (I do export!), send me a box of Mac and Cheese and we'll ship her some!

Julie Tweed
January 3rd, 2013, 09:05 PM
Lol...enjoy..can you buy elbow macaroni there and velveeta cheese? If so I have a recipe for Mac and cheese that is wonderful. Once we had this we never bought the boxed stuff again

I MISS velveeta cheese...!!!! We can't get it in the UK and I love Grilled Velveeta Sandwhiches and Tomato soup on a cold afternoon....Plus my mom used to make AMAZING MAc and Cheese with ham chunks....

If any one wants to send some I promise to share...lol...