PDA

View Full Version : Tis Friday

Blondie
December 28th, 2012, 08:03 AM

Happy Friday Folksies!

Soon everyone will be singing Old Lang Syne and shouting Happy New Years. I do believe some things my elders have told me. Like the older you get the faster time goes.

A busy day at work today is in the line up since my day pretty much fell apart yesterday. Almost all called and said they didn't feel like getting out, etc and could I wait until Friday or Saturday. Boy howdy, had I known that I could've stayed in bed or at least at home. lol. Life goes on. Yep.

Off to read the news I missed since last night - have a wonderful day Kiddos. Stay as happy as you can and
SMILE.

Bubby
December 28th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Good Morning Blondie!

We are supposed to have icy roads this morning. Most likely I'll stay in today and postpone my running around until next week.

Just wanted to wish everyone a good day...I'm off to get my household up and moving....coffee's on and Molly wants her breakfast asap!

Hugs, Barb

wendyw1
December 28th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Good morning Blondie, although it's almost time for bed here. Bummer you didn't get to have a sleep in. I have not been near my sewing room since before xmas but I do hope to get in there tomorrow. Today was spent painting the floor of our new hangar we have built at the airfield. 15 x 12 yards and 3 coats of paint, I am now aching all over. I will post some pics when I get some. Hope everyone is recovering from xmas and getting ready for a great 2013... {{hugs to all }}} Wendy

Monique
December 28th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Good morning friends. I am not even sure what day it is. It has been quite a hectic week around here. Greg & Roxy stayed an extra day because of the snow storm. They will head home sometime this morning and then be back on Sunday. We host New Year's Eve here. So today we off to the grocery store to buy lobster tails, scallops and whatever else we need for the seafood fest. And what a fest it will be. It was pretty quiet around here yesterday as they all had hangovers. HAHAHAHA! Not me! I was the DD. I am hoping to get some kind of cleaning done around here. The house is a disaster. There will be NO quilting or sewing for this gal until 2013. Have a wonderful day friends.

BE SAFE and smile.

buckeyequilter
December 28th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Good morning....

I work today and then am off until next Wednesday. Since we usually don't do much of anything on New Years eve, I am planning a nice week-end in my sewing room. Cleaning, organizing and maybe getting a couple of the "almost finished" projects out of the way. I pulled out all of the UFO's I could find last night and I have about 10 plus the materials for about 4 more projects. So I should be able to keep busy for a while.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

MRoy
Good morning! It's Friday before a 4-day holiday weekend for me...Yay! I hope to get back to sewing tomorrow. I have 200 bow-tie blocks made and need about that many more (I think). I'll figure out later just how many more to make. We don't have a lot of New Year festivities here and we may have snow tonight and tomorrow morning. It's probably going to be a quiet weekend.

MayinJerset
Still dark out this morning at 7am but things need doing so I'm up and ready to face the day. On second thought I'm really not ready to face anything but a cup of coffee and the computer but I'm up.

One more big Holiday meal this afternoon and then I'm ready for my bread and water diet. All the Christmas goodies are gone except the fruit basket and graham crackers. A little cheese spread left but that's for DH and my Whoopee New Year's Eve Party at home. A few cheese and crackers. beer for him and wine for me is our party, that is if we make it to midnight. Tried to be good about eating too many goodies this year and solved that problem by gifting almost all of the cookies I made this year. Don't tell DH but I still have 2 small chocolate covered pretzels that DGD Elizabeth made me hidden under the tree with my gifts - saved it for last. May

\

Bailey65
December 28th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Good Friday morning!
Yesterday I finished organizing the Sewing Room couldn't do much else because we were having a blizzard. We ended up with about 12 inches woo hoo NOT!! I am not much of a snow person.

I am thinking about venturing out today to see what I can find on Sale and possibly use some of my gift cards. When I get back I will probably start a project. But which one do I want to start?? I have SEW many I want to do hmmmm..........I will have to think about that while I am on the road.

As for New Year's Eve, we don't do much of anything. We are lucky if we stay awake to see it ring in. But I would like to wish ALL of you a very Happy, Healthy New Year!!!

DCM
December 28th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I don't want to stay up too late on New Year's Eve -- since my son and husband traveled around Christmas and after Christmas and we won't all 3 be together until New Year's day, we are having Christmas on New Year's day. My mom has always reminded me not to do anything on New Year's that I don't want to do all year long -- so it sounds like a great day to open gifts, cook a nice meal and sew, sew, sew. :icon_bigsmile:

CrazyMtnLady
December 28th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Good Morning. It is looking pretty dreary outside this morning.. not sure of the forecast.

Man, it sure was hard to get out of bed this morning. We cut a load of wood yesterday, brought it home and I unloaded the it while DH used the splitter then we hauled it in the house. We both got in the hot tub last night and I still can't hardly move this morning. Oh the agony of getting old.

I started a baby quilt yesterday. I don't know what I am doing yet, but I am making blocks and I'll see what my mind conjures up. LOL

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 28th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Good morning, it is so dreary here, makes me all lazy! First day with nothing much planned, except a visit to some long lost relatives this afternoon. I would like to bring a small gift to share. I could whip up a fabric basket if I get my act together soon. Had a really nice visit from my son and family, his boys are 9, 7, and 5, as they get older, there seems to be less drama! Then when they get to be teenagers, another kind of drama will begin! They left yesterday about noon. Now the house is quiet, which I'll enjoy for a Day or two, then will be lonely!

RFREE
December 28th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Good mornin all my quilting buddies! I am off to paducah to get my oil changed this morning.Funny thing is my DH just Had to have a 3 bay garage built when we moved into this house so he could work on cars yatta yatta yatta and now he won't even change my oil! Men! I should turn his garage into a bigger quilting studio...Hey that sounds like a plan hummmm gotta think on that one anyway a quick stop at IHOP may get me and DD going on this cold cold dreary morning. I better get her up and get on the road. Yall have a wonderful Friday.
Hugs from KY
Rhonda

New York Sue
December 28th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Good morning, all!
Babies don't always wait for the doctor, to make their arrival. 'Caught' a 6lb 8oz girl with attitude! WOOHOO!
Usually happens a couple of times a year, but never get over the feeling...
It's gonna be a good day! When I wake up this afternoon, the first order of business will be coffee. And the second, piecing and quilting a cover for Ally's Kindle Fire. The third order of business will be an assessment of charm packs, and a plan. Our own bkthomas gave me a plan of attack!
The challenge was a throw size quilt, made from one charm pack and yardage, and in case you missed the thread, 'For NY Sue' have a look at her one charm pack throws! I may be officially out of my 'slump'. And my 'new to me' Janome awaits!
Another WOOHOO!
Have a GREAT day all!

SuzyQue
December 28th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Good morning, all....and today it is still morning. It is cold and gray outside, dull and boring. ... the snow from last week is still around in spots, but grungy looking now. I will go hide in my sewing studio and not look out all day! Yesterday, I did get three preemie quilts done! Yeah! They turned out sweet and they sewed up quickly. I will hunt up more fabric that coordinates today and try some more! Perhaps I should set a goal of 26....to honor those lost at Sandy Hook. I am stash busting.....but not even making a dent! I wish you all a productive day with warmth!

aliaslaceygreen
December 28th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Good Friday morning! I am off today...decided to go hit up the fabric stores last night for Christmas fabrics....and white on white!! I discovered the other day I was woefully low on that...so now I have new pretties to pet and put away. My DH is a keeper...I texted him I was at Hancocks buying Christmas fabric and he said...I deserve it...and how smart to stock up now!!!
Then he laughed when he heard the response of how was I spending my day off... Cleaning the studio, I said. He laughed a good deal at that!!!
I have off both NYE and NYD..don't do anything special, so I GUESS more 'cleaning' could happen.....

Have a great one!

Sandy Navas
December 28th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Good morning Blondie, although it's almost time for bed here. Bummer you didn't get to have a sleep in. I have not been near my sewing room since before xmas but I do hope to get in there tomorrow. Today was spent painting the floor of our new hangar we have built at the airfield. 15 x 12 yards and 3 coats of paint, I am now aching all over. I will post some pics when I get some. Hope everyone is recovering from xmas and getting ready for a great 2013... {{hugs to all }}} Wendy

I sure hope you didn't have to do that down on your hands and knees. At least it appears you didn't paint yourself into the proverbial corner.

Now inquiring minds want to know if you have the new hangar because you have a new airship!!!!?????

BellasQuilts
December 28th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Good morning all! Yesterday was spent cleaning out closets. Something I have wanted to do for awhile. Then got a pile of clothes to donate and stuck all of those bags in my car along with the other boxes cluttering up the spare bed room. Christmas got taken down and boxes put back in the barn. Lovely! Today is get all my picture frames out I have been storing and put family photos in them and get DH to hang them up. Another long awaited project I wanted to finish. New Years Eve we have been doing a "rotating dinner" with the neighbors. I get soup and salad this year. I'm thinking of Roasted Butternut Squash with garlic and ginger for the soup. Never made it before, but it sounded so good. DD is coming over to help me with ideas for decorating. We added another couple to the group and it should be lots of fun. Hugs to all and prayers for those in need. Megan

Sandy Navas
December 28th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Okay, I'm back. Agreeing with all my MO friends here. What a dull dreary day out there. I'm torn about what I'm doing this morning. Al, bless his heart, is still in bed. I've never seen him sleep in so long but I think he may have hit a pain pill bottle last night as his back has been giving him fits. That is after spending 2 1/2 days in bed nursing a stuffy nose . . . MEN!

I have some JAs coupons burning a hole in my pocket . . . so do I follow suit and stock up on Christmas fabric or not? Hmmmmmmmm? I should go see Mom - that is right on the way . . . and I don't need to take the girls anywhere today. DD was hoping that the OB would take her off the progesterone so she could start feeling better but he told her at least another 10 to 12 days 'just to be sure'. Better safe than sorry. I spent most of my day with the girls yesterday and left ready to stuff all but a couple down a coalshute. They were all deaf, blind, and claiming to feel a bit punky - just to get out of doing anything. Lectures don't work. I'll sure be glad when Mom's back to her normal self because I get in trouble if I get the paddles out . . . KIDS. Lazy butts!! That's okay, Santa has started his naughty list already for next year.

Al just crawled out from under his rock so I'm off to see what trouble I can cause him today. Sure hope the world treats all my loved ones with kindness, improved health, blessings of all kinds. My greatest celebration Monday night will be early to bed! I may just save that Wisconsin wine for my special treat that night, too!!

auntiemern
December 28th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Good Morning. Yes I know it is early for me, but that is because I didn't sleep well. (the rash from hell is rearing it's ugly head again). It started last night, I did get a lot done yesterday. 5 loads of laundry, washed, dried, and yes even put away. Got a lot of Christmas cleaned up. Still unable to get to my sewing machine, cuz I fold it up and it becomes a part of furniture, between kitchen and dining area to be used for Christmas eve. So I have been making ruffled scarfs. (will get pic posted later). Put in a phone call to Dr. office this morning, and was not exactly friendly. Little on the b*tchy side. Blondie, I will try to smile today, but not gonna be easy. Those dealing with the weather, please be careful. Jean, don't be lonely, think of it a s being alone. Off of here to check the other posts. Hugs and blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.

lilmouse
December 28th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Marilyn, I am sorry to hear the rash is back, any idea what is causing it, could it be an allergic reaction to medications or something? Those are so uncomfortable! I feel for you sweetie!

bakermom
December 28th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I 'll be getting food ready for our family party Sunday. It won't be too bad because we go simple for this meal. It's buffet style and most of the time we'll be talking and playing games in between "grazing". I need to assemble the family gifts-we don't do a gift exchange but give each other things we've made. It can be anything from homemade wine to candied nuts. Once we were all given fabric bowls filled with popcorn balls. It's always fun.

lilmouse
December 28th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Good Morning to All, not much going on here last night....worked at Joann's last night and brought home over 5 yards of white on white...bubbles all over it...love it...nice texture! Of course can't show Steve as I am not supposed to be buying anything and I purchased the daily deal yesterday and of course had to buy some precuts to justify the shipping...that's my story and I am sticking to it! I work at JoAnn's this afternoon and then on to the restaurant tonight....I think I am getting a paycheck every week, one week the restaurant and the next week Jo's......I still am not used to getting a big paycheck...used to the itty bitty one's from the restaurant!
Hope everyone has a good day...no plans for New Years other than my usual...and I am working New Years Day a 10 hour shift at the restaurant...so no partying for this gal!
Love, hugs and prayers going out for all!

Madeforyouinma11
December 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Good morning everyone. Yesterday I did more sewing of gifts still needed as Christmas gifts for people we haven't seen yet. Today I need to finish making meatballs and potato salad for my hubby's Christmas party that we are doing at a friends house this year. Hoping to squeeze in a little more sewing today before we go.
New Years Eve is spent at a friends house about a half mile away. It's a pretty quiet night spent with friends and we are home by 1-1:30. Then I will have to spend the next days finishing up two quilts for the 5th. After that will be cleaning the house and getting it back to normal and make my sewing and house project plans for the year!
I really want to hit Joann's too. I have many coupons and a $50 gift card! No time today, so maybe I'll wait and use it with my 25% off entire purchase coupon good from the 6th to the 8th.
Well, I'm off to get things done..hope you all have a great day!
Hugs and prayers to everyone.

Lisapc
December 28th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Good morning everyone. Not one person in my house had any energy the last two days. We are more mobile today. I have been struggling with my UfO list. I have so many projects with a deadline. I guess I will just do it like I will just get those projects done.

New Years is a quiet night at home with a ton of Chinese food. This year my daughter is expecting baby girl #2 so she will be staying in. No worries about her out with the crazies this year.

I am off for a bubble bath and some work on my UfO list and some actual sewing.

Granny Judy
December 28th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Very quiet around here today.. I am recovering from too much Pizza.. every year the K's do a Pizza Party for Christmas.. With Mr K passing this past year, Mrs K and family headed out to Monical's..all 36 of them with me & my DD#2 & Hubby. (This is HIS family)

She is such a Sweet Lady hearding her 5 children & families into one small back room.. I had DD#2 take a pic of us.
I am on the -> with the blue scarf. Mrs. K is on the <-

Ain't we having fun!! I do enjoy the get-togethers..but thats alot of energy to get into one room..

toggpine
December 28th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Just getting to the last post here this AM. I have been working on it off and on for about 2 hours.
I have two batches of Chex mix ready for the seasoning. I pre-mixed the dry parts for a third and resealed them in one of the empty cereal bags. It should hold for a few months until I'm ready for another Chex Mix fix. I only indulged because the Winco had Chex for $1.78/box.
While that is in baking I'll be finishing off a few gifties for the last family Christmas thing on New Years Day. Then the table shall be clear for fabric projects.

I'm off to see if a cuppa Rocket Java (really, that's the flavor) will help me get going.
Have a good one!
Cathy

cyndiofthevortex
December 28th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Oh, dear. Having a migraine day. Yuck.

shannonsaulter
December 28th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Afternoon everyone I am very late getting around here today...went to the DMV today...that took about 2 hrs...then came home grabbed DD Krysta to go to the LQS so I could get some fabric with my gift certificate..didnt use the whole $100 have about $20 left...got a bunch of fat quarters and some christmas fabric on sale....
Think I may start thinking of the SS exchange for 2013
Blondie start the group ***HINT HINT****
I had my last smoke a few hours ago and am trying to kick the habit (again)
Now its off to the vet in a bit with my Bassett Man Guinness time for shots and a nail trim...
then may come home and work on the sewing room...
Hope everyone had a great day!

pcbatiks
December 28th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Shannon..........wishing you all the best to quit smoking! Prayers will be said to help you along!

shannonsaulter
December 28th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Shannon..........wishing you all the best to quit smoking! Prayers will be said to help you along!

ty so much!

Sandy Navas
December 28th, 2012, 11:13 PM
ty so much!

You can do it. If I did after a multi-pack a day 43-year habit (been clean now over 7 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) you can too!

Sending special vibes to you!!!!!!!!

Ginny B
December 29th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Well Blondie starts off the day and I guess I will close it out. Hope everyone had a good one. Looks like a lot of you had dreary weather. It was nice and sunny here today but chilly and we are expecting snow tomorrow! I am excited. I love snow. (now stop throwing those snowballs at me all of you who don't love it so much :) ) The only thing that I don't like is that it will change our plans for tomorrow. We were supposed to go to a friends house to celebrate Christmas and dh's birthday (which is today) but we have pretty much decided not to go. It's not so much because of the driving since we are only supposed to get about 4 inches or so but where our friend lives there are usually parking issues (he lives in Queens). Now usually on a Saturday afternoon people in the area would be out and about going hither and yon and using their cars so we could find a spot eventually (it has taken us up to 15 minutes if driving around to find a spot). However, being the weather is going to be yuckky we figure that people will put off their driving hither and yon and keep their spot so as not to have a pile of snow take up their spot when the plow goes by. If we are lucky enough to find a spot, I am sure that the snowplow will have gone by a couple times while we are inside celebrating so that will mean having to dig the car out of a pile of "much more than 4" of snow". So, that is why we have pretty much decided to stay home and just have to deal with shoveling our own sidewalk, driveway and cleaning off the cars (which we would still have to do after coming home from celebrating and digging out from our parking spot).

We had a nice evening out. Took my husband out to dinner and then went to a local place where they have live music on Friday's. Ran into a couple of people we hadn't seen for a while and had a good time. Now we are home and relaxing. I am actually looking forward to staying home tomorrow and making some chilli in the crock pot. If we need to do anything we will go out in the morning before the snow starts.

Sleep tight everyone. See you in the morning.

Ginny B

buckeyequilter
December 29th, 2012, 01:02 AM

Good luck! I need to start taking the Wellbutrin that the doctor prescribed for me. He wants to see me again on March 1...so I need to get with the program.

toggpine
December 29th, 2012, 01:57 AM
I've had a pretty good day!
I ate mixed berry cheesecake with that cup of coffee for breakfast. The coffee was less than yummy, but the cake more than made up for it! I talked to our lovely Ruby! Hubby got the two hay feeders made for the kid pens in the barn. Did I say I talked to Ruby? Got the Chex mix made and stored away. Played outside with Em for a little while and did chores. Made dinner. Oh yeah, I got to talk to Ruby today!
Isn't it fun when we finally get to speak or visit folks we have come to know on here!
I hope you all had something that made you smile today too!
Cathy

Madeforyouinma11
December 29th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Afternoon everyone I am very late getting around here today...went to the DMV today...that took about 2 hrs...then came home grabbed DD Krysta to go to the LQS so I could get some fabric with my gift certificate..didnt use the whole $100 have about $20 left...got a bunch of fat quarters and some christmas fabric on sale....
Think I may start thinking of the SS exchange for 2013
Blondie start the group ***HINT HINT****
Now its off to the vet in a bit with my Bassett Man Guinness time for shots and a nail trim...
then may come home and work on the sewing room...
Hope everyone had a great day!

I'm with you...my start date is jan 7th after my last bit of Christmas is over. I'm thinking I might use the patch for a little help.
Good luck! Keep us updated. Maybe we can help each other out after the 7th.

Suzyq
December 29th, 2012, 09:37 AM
'morning ladies from snowy Ottawa... We had 30 cm in two days but me no complaining as I love winter! Anyway, just to add that my brother was successful on the patch and has been ' clean' for several years now... Sending you hugs of encouragement and support... Just think how much better you'll all feel!

Madeforyouinma11
December 29th, 2012, 04:04 PM
'morning ladies from snowy Ottawa... We had 30 cm in two days but me no complaining as I love winter! Anyway, just to add that my brother was successful on the patch and has been ' clean' for several years now... Sending you hugs of encouragement and support... Just think how much better you'll all feel!

Thank you!

middlesis1966
December 29th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Hi all! I do hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I know I sure did. Thanks again to my SS Meli for all the wonderful gifts. I didn't think of taking a picture of my gifts until it was to late.
I wanted to share with you gals that today is my cancerversary. I've been cancer free for 2 years today. Yahoo for me. I still have 3 1/2 years of Tamoxifen then I hope to be finished, but I face that when I get there.
Happy Friday all and have a wonderful weekend!

stitching woman
December 29th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Congratulations Paula on being cancer free for 2 years here is to many, many more.

middlesis1966
December 29th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks Bernice!!!!

Madeforyouinma11
January 7th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Hi all! I do hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I know I sure did. Thanks again to my SS Meli for all the wonderful gifts. I didn't think of taking a picture of my gifts until it was to late.
I wanted to share with you gals that today is my cancerversary. I've been cancer free for 2 years today. Yahoo for me. I still have 3 1/2 years of Tamoxifen then I hope to be finished, but I face that when I get there.
Happy Friday all and have a wonderful weekend!

Congratulations! That is a great milestone..