PDA

View Full Version : Snow anyone???

Mimis-quilts
December 26th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Christmas day was good...but this morning we were hit with a full-on blizzard. Here in Bloomington we have received 11 inches of snow! UGH!!!! It was treacherous driving to work at 6:30 this morning...it was dark, it was snowing and the snow was blowing like crazy and one couldnt see the side of the rode for anything! And of course there were the CRAZY people that were passing me as I was only doing 30 mph! Took me an hour and 15 minutes to drive 15 miles! At least is has finally quit snowing, so maybe the drive home won't be quite as nerve racking!

I've missed chatting with everyone, as I've been working a different job, which means 5 days a week instead of 3 and this of course has seriously cut into my quilting time. Did finish my son's Lone Star (after 4 months), will post pics later.

Take care!

Pat

shannonsaulter
December 26th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Stay safe and warm!

CrazyMtnLady
December 26th, 2012, 05:50 PM
So glad to see you back amongst us. Stay safe.

Musical_Starling
December 26th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Yuck. I hate driving in snow! Most people forget that snow means slow, but they usually learn that lesson the hard way. Stay safe, and welcome back :)

K. McEuen
December 26th, 2012, 07:08 PM
There is a reason I live in the south ... you can keep the snow. If I lived where it snowed on a regular basis I would never leave my house. I can drive in it, learned to drive on ice, it's the other idiots out there that scare the crap out of me.

buckeyequilter
December 26th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I have enough of my own....but thanks for offering. Stay safe and warm!

Slokarma
December 26th, 2012, 08:05 PM
There is a reason I live in the south ... you can keep the snow. If I lived where it snowed on a regular basis I would never leave my house. I can drive in it, learned to drive on ice, it's the other idiots out there that scare the crap out of me.

AMEN!

Trip into town was enough for me until the roads are clear.......I'll take the jeep out across the field before I'll venture down the road again!

Bubby
December 26th, 2012, 08:14 PM
The snow missed us. Be very careful on the road !! Good hearing from you!

janluna
December 27th, 2012, 02:20 AM
It's just starting here! They expect 14 to 18 inches with high winds. I haven't seen it snow this hard in a few years. Last year, we never had over 2 inches at any given time. Looks like Old Man Winter is making up for lost time! LOL Please pray we don't lose power. My birds can't go below 40 degrees, can't be in kerosene fumes, and shouldn't be in wood smoke. We are all electric. So if power goes out, we can't cook, keep food cold, stay warm, etc. Yikes! lol Jan L.

lilmouse
December 27th, 2012, 05:07 PM
I agree with Karen....took my first road test right after a blizzard...so I know how to drive on it....it's the other idiots out there that scare me...especially the ones that like to swing back and forth just for the fun(?) of it!