PDA

View Full Version : I got a Janome! Not really. Be careful what you wish for.

Breezed
December 26th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I "jokingly" asked for a Janome, one of the larger models, but any comparable sewing machine with a larger throat area would do. I knew I wouldn't get it but I still joked about it for weeks. I even woke up super early on the 24th and woke Roy up and said I'm going clear off my sewing table to get ready for the new Janome. lol I WAS kidding. But I did get a Janome! Take a look...first, make sure to read the note and see what came with it in the first photo.

Yes, it's a photo of a Janome. That's what I got!

Just in case that wasn't sarcastic enough, I mentioned possibly getting another Corgi baby, so I got that as well.

Sew Perfect
December 26th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Oh, that was funny! I would say, thanks hon, I will be happy to pick my new machine up or will it be delivered!

madampolo
December 26th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I would have said that HE could either pick it up or have it delivered, whichever is easiest on HIM - after you order it, of course! You'll get one, and a puppy, too. Wait and see.

bkthomas
December 26th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I'm sorry, but that's funny right there! I don't care who ya are!!!!

quiltingtrish
December 26th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Looks like something my DH would do. It is pretty funny but I would still ask when he is picking up your new machine for you.

Hugs,

cyndiofthevortex
December 26th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Too funny! Thanks for sharing!

Bubby
December 26th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Really cute!

shannonsaulter
December 26th, 2012, 04:52 PM
LOL You gotta love it!

CrazyMtnLady
December 26th, 2012, 05:57 PM
How cute. I did that to my DH once. He asked for a new John Deere tractor so I bought him a toy one.

Lisapc
December 26th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Not funny unless you got a real present as well. I got nothing from hubby early on, it hurts

QuiltinMike
December 26th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Well, it was funny but if I ever tried that I would have to have the real thing in the closet or I'm afraid I would wake up one night with my wife standing over me with a bottle of lighter fluid and matches! Lol

GrammaBabs
December 26th, 2012, 06:29 PM
AH, wait until you get to be my age... we both just go and get whatever we want... our kids say"not to save it for them".... we finally have decided they are gonna be ok with our home as their inheritance...!!!! LOL

Musical_Starling
December 26th, 2012, 06:33 PM
My Dad did this a few years back. I had just gotten my beginner's (learner's permit) and I said "Oh Dad, I want a car! A PT Cruiser!" so he bought me the Hot Wheels version :icon_angry:

Hulamoon
December 26th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I did that one time and bought a toy motorcycle.Sorry, lol

I also printed out a picture of a gift coming in late. I put it in a huge box and when you opened it, the picture was on a stick in the middle. It was pretty funny.

Sandy Navas
December 26th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I'm sorry - I'm not laughing! The only way I would accept that was if my gift was so personal that someone knew I should pick it out myself. Good thing Al and I decided years ago that we wouldn't exchange presents.

Winniesfriend
December 26th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Not funny unless you got a real present as well. I got nothing from hubby early on, it hurts

I am still waiting for a present from my hubby .. I got an IOU ..... I guess thats not unusual oh well ....

janluna
December 27th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Sorry Lisa and Leonie. You should have gotten a present. Breeze, I think it's cute only if, he has no money. My Dad and I had a thing going once. I told him I wanted a white horse with a red saddle. He said he wanted an MGM Lion. Ya know, the one that roars before or after the movie? I got a huge stuffed Lion, it was 3 feet high, for Daddy. On Christmas morning I handed him his present. It was huge and squishy, he said, what in the world? He tore off the paper and started laughing, Daddy had such a great laugh. He said here's yours, I unwrapped a white horse, with a saddle in red, that my Mom made. We had a great Christmas. We were too poor for the real thing but our hearts were in the right place. I'm sure it the same with your DH. He probably looked at the Janome machines and said Holy Cow, are they expensive or what? lol I know, I want the 12000. What a Janome!!!! Love it. When I win a million dollars I'll get a Janome 12000. Until then I'll dream. We always need a dream. Hey if I do, I'll send you one!!! Janomes for everybody!!!! Keep dreaming!!!!
Mike, I like the way you think! What a smart guy you are. Merry Christmas to all, Love ya, Jan L.

buckeyequilter
December 27th, 2012, 09:10 AM
My DH may (or may not) be more careful of what he tells me he wants. He looked at this and then looked a me with a puzzled expression and I said "what did you tell me you wanted" his face turned a little red and he started laughing.

I took the tags off of it so he didn't know what it really was.

I finally told him what it was....it's a "pot holder" that fits on the handle of the pan.

Breezed
December 27th, 2012, 11:07 AM
How cute. I did that to my DH once. He asked for a new John Deere tractor so I bought him a toy one.

lol I think I would have thrown it back at him, softly though. :)

Breezed
December 27th, 2012, 11:09 AM

I get what I want all year. He's odd; he gets me really great surprises all year for no reason then when it's birthday, holidays, etc He is really bad at picking gifts. It really was funny this time. And he did get me a few other gifts that were nice.

Breezed
December 27th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Well, it was funny but if I ever tried that I would have to have the real thing in the closet or I'm afraid I would wake up one night with my wife standing over me with a bottle of lighter fluid and matches! Lol

I might consider that IF he wasn't so good to me ALL year. Yesterday I messaged him that I spent all of my Amazon gift card money on things I need not want, like needles, blades..ya know, not the fun stuff. So he sends me his Amazon gift card codes and tells me to buy some fabric with it. Such a sweety.

Lisaau
December 27th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Think l would have marched I out the house to buy one then and there.......my dad once Said he wanted a cute 18 year old blond girl ......so mum bought him a barbie doll.... Haha

Breezed
December 27th, 2012, 11:20 AM
AH, wait until you get to be my age... we both just go and get whatever we want... our kids say"not to save it for them".... we finally have decided they are gonna be ok with our home as their inheritance...!!!! LOL

lol I agree with your kids

buckeyequilter
December 27th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Think l would have marched I out the house to buy one then and there.......my dad once Said he wanted a cute 18 year old blond girl ......so mum bought him a barbie doll.... Haha

I like that...I'll I have to remember that if DH says something like that.

alliek
December 29th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Loved the puppy!

RockyMountainHorseMama
December 30th, 2012, 01:14 AM
:lol: Love it! and CORGIIIIIIII! I have one, too and he's also a red-headed tri (the live version, but I do want a stuffed one just like yours :icon_bigsmile: ​)