PDA

View Full Version : Fabulous Friday

Dragonfly
November 5th, 2010, 05:01 AM
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/vegemite_yum/quiltshowlady.jpg
I hope everyone has gotten over the Thursday Blues.

For me today was Quilt Show Day, we have an annual 4 day Quilt and Craft Festival and it was wonderful especially as I went with three friends. I have decided there are some very crazy ladies out there, some of the work was so intricate it defied belief that it was possible to make. I wish I could post some photos but sadly because of copyright laws I can't, but suffice to say it took me over 3 hours to see all the quilts and most were masterpieces.

What was left of the day was for shopping, so many stores in one place...heaven. I was very good and stayed within my budget, but I had to be very strong.

Broken sewing machines and computers aside, I hope you all have a lovely day. :)

Blondie
November 5th, 2010, 06:56 AM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk125/lsan777/friday-8.jpg

Good Morning Ladies!

Lynn, I am so envious that you had an entire day dedicated to quilt stuff. Sharing it with friends makes it even better! Sorry that you can't share the pics.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

NM Lady
November 5th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Excited that it is Friday. Both my kids are coming home tonight so that we may celebrate my daugher's 21st birthday. We haven't had both of them home in a very long time. Usually one or the other can make it home for the weekend, but rarely both.

It will be a very busy weekend, but a wonderful weekend. The Beach Boys will be playing in a nearby town and believe it or not, we have tickets. Both kids have agreed to go!!!!:icon_happy:

Everyone take care and have a wonderful day.

Have a blessed day!

janluna
November 5th, 2010, 10:37 AM
The beach boys, wow, lucky you! The best part is having the kids home though. I use to live for those weekends. Now they are all off and married with lives of their own. My one son lives in Va. My daughter lives 45 minutes away but it might as well be Va. and my other son lives 20 minutes away and again it might as well be Va. They are busy with their kids and working so it's hard to get together. But if we raise them right that's what they do. they have good lives of their own. I still miss those weekends and vacations though.
Have a good day ladies. It's still dark and rainy here. I think the sun forgot us. But that's New York in the fall. Bye for now. Hugs, Jan

toggpine
November 5th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Hi Ladies!

I've been busy and have popped in to check on you all but haven't had time to write.
I did get the blue water fairy costume done. If I can convince my daughter to put the costume back on I'll get some photos of it that are not blurry. Daddy was trying for the action shots and didn't bother to ask her to stop and pose. Silly Daddy! The kid is a ham and would have posed like a supermodel if he had asked.
I also finished another one of the blocks for the Around the World swap I am in. This one turned out pretty cute. I made up the pattern after being inspired from a piece of wrapping paper from last Christmas. I may end up making myself one since several girls dropped out of our swap and I'll be short a few blocks.
My cutting table is back to my own for now. I have a couple of birthdays for M's preschool friends coming up. Then I really need to get down to some Christmas gift sewing while I still have the time.
I will also begin to join the hordes of folks looking for employment. I was hoping to avoid this until my daughter hit Kindergarten as we have full day kindergarten here and I wouldn't have to pay for child care. It doesn't look like we will be able to make that happen. So not only will I have to find work, but it must start after 6 or 7 in the evening and I would like to be home before 6 AM. Then I could grab a couple of hours of sleep before M wakes up. Ugh. I wish my neighbor's own off-the-farm job had held on longer. That was a pretty sweet deal, not a whole lot of $, but enough to buy grain for the animals and groceries for us. I guess the goats will have to go. I may be able to feed 5 or 6 of the milkers, but not all 20. I think that is called "downsizing". At least their sale will help put hay in the barn for the others.
I had better go dig out my resume and start updating that thing and start figuring out how far I am willing to drive.

You all have a good day and enjoy the weekend!
Cathy

Laura108
November 5th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Cathy --That block is adorable. I will pray for the best for you in the job situation.
Your so amazing talented I have no doubt that something wonderful is coming your way.
NMLady...the beach boys and your children what a combo...You inspired me to put on some of their music ....so down to coco-mo I go lol
Lyn...how fun to spend the day like that.
Jan... I'm sorry its gray and dark ...you need to move down here with me lol..its cold but not like new york cold and the sunshine is making it all better. Its the best part of moving ...you actually see the sun.
SewSoft ...come out and play....how do you like your Dresden ruler?
Mine is my favorite their is rarely a day that goes by I dont use mine....and I have turkeys just about ready to put on the backgrounds.
I needed to laugh today so I put a few Dresden together in wonkie colors and made Izzy my dog a collar of them....now she looks like a jester LOL and yep Im going to add bells just to drive Rodney insane tonight LOL
Big Hugs and love
P.S. Gina...are you out there somewhere...we miss you !!

Lola2Ace
November 5th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Good Afternoon!
Yesterday was chore day, and I didn't take the time to check in here but once or twice and didn't log in. I worked a bit on the 2nd rag quilt--all of the blocks are cut and I have started stitching the X's on them. This morning I traced off a pattern for fleece hooded vests for my brother and nephew. They have requested them for hunting, so they are hunter orange, and I have the fleece cut out for the main pattern pieces, and will cut out the facings and such after work tonight. I haven't done much sewing from patterns, so some good thoughts my way would be appreciated. :D
Cathy, I love your snow(man) globe block!
NMlady, have a wonderful weekend with the kids, what a special time!
I have been wanting to play with my Dresden ruler too and finally took it out of the package. I have some fat quarters of Moda's Boutique that is just calling out to be a dresden plate, but I need to get these vests done and the rag quilts........then a hundred other things too!
Lola

Dragonfly
November 5th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Cathy I'm very sad for you that you have to 'downsize' and find work before your daughter gets to Kindy, that's a hard to call to have to work nights and then still be there for her in the days as well as all the chores involved with having animals to care for. I hope you find something nice with nice people. On a brighter note your penguin snow globe block is so cute, I just love him.

Hmm, Beachboys, that takes me back a bit, great music though. :icon_happy: So happy you get to have both your kids a home together NM, that is always special.

For those having glum weather, I would happily share some of mine with you since we are into spring and everything is lovely and fresh and bright even if it is still a little chilly.

Until tomorrow...which I am already in :lol: take care all.

quiltingtrish
November 5th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Cathy - what a gread idea on the snowglobe block! I've seen snowmen in snowglobes, but no Santas. I have a friend that collects Santas in the snowglobes and thought, well, some year they will come out with that on fabric. But, why wait. I could use one of my santas on fabric I have and put it in a snowglobe myself.
Well, they arrested 2 kids for the bomb threats at school, but think there are more arrests to come. What a shame for them.
Washing clothes and copying bulletins tonight. Just so I have my Saturday open to sew. It's been at least a week since I've gotten a chance to sit at the machine.
Got a letter from Odie - said he was in the sick clinic last saturday and monday. Thought it was a bad cold, then maybe the flu - wish I could have given him a warm blanket and some warm jello. Won't know now for another week if he is better or not. I am praying for the better.
Found out that one of his friends that graduated with him has leukemia. Found out on Tuesday and they are already pumping him with chemo. He is 21 and he needs prayers.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
Hugs,

janluna
November 5th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I'll say prayers for Odie's friend. And for Odie. I wonder if they gave him his overseas inoculations. When my husband got his he got so sick. Of course the idiots lost his card of shots and made him do them over. Which is probably why. But still he could be having a reaction to those. Just a thought. I'll say prayers regardless. Hugs, Jan

Blondie
November 5th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Hi Ladies
Been a long day; not bad, just long. Tomorrow is another busy day on several fronts besides work. I need to get a good night's sleep!

NM - I am excited for you to have the kids home AND a concert. Soak up all those good vibrations!

Cathy, love the block. I hate that you have the added stress of finding a job. You have so much on your plate right now - I am certain that the Lord created a real "Martha" in you; I mean that in the most complimentary way! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Trish ~ Poor Odie! If he had what hubs has been going through, ugh! I got over mine quickly while his morphed into misery. He is now on his second anti-biotic. I am saddened to hear of his friend's leukemia. Always seems so unfair when we hear of it with young adults and children. I lost a client right after she graduated high school. She had melanoma - found out the mole on her back she was so proud of thinking it was sexy in a backless dress was not sexy at all. That was and is still a shocker. Check yourselves and spouses, ladies. Doesn't have to be big and ugly to get your attention and take your life.

Lola, I always have a hard time following patterns these days; hope you had great success with those projects.

Enjoy your evening ladies.
Blessings to all

Blondie

quiltingtrish
November 5th, 2010, 09:47 PM
I didn't think of that. But today is training day 46 and they were scheduled for shots on TD 28 so that was awhile ago.
Well, got the laundry almost done and finished the bulletins, now to do the dishes. I don't want anything getting in my way tomorrow.
Getting colder out too. Brrr. Supposed to get some flurries tomorrow - guess I better get out in the morning and put some of my things away that I have sitting around outside through the summer and fall.
DH unhooked the hose, guess that better come in tomorrow too. I'm ready for Spring!

Cathy - when I needed to work at night, I checked out the places that hired temporarily. They always found me a job for the hours I needed which was generally 7 PM until anytime through the next morning. It was nice because some jobs only lasted a few weeks and others a few months. The downside is that they didn't cover health insurance. Plus, maybe check your tax departments. They hired alot of temporary workers for a few months to get the taxes done - data entry type jobs. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Hugs,

Pinky
November 6th, 2010, 01:19 AM
It is a Fabulous Friday! I got to go to a nice quilt shop today and they had buy five sewing notions and get five free. I got $50 worth of notions for free! Yay! I am glad they still make transfer pencils that you iron on. I am planning to embroidery a few quilting projects. Lynn: A day with friends at a quilt show just can't be beat! Lucky you! Have a good night ladies. See you.
Pinky