PDA

View Full Version : Shh, it's Christmas Morning

Blondie
December 25th, 2012, 09:06 AM

Sneaking in early before the family gets here for breakfast, open gifts and run down The Hill to Mommy's for the day.

Merry Christmas my precious friends. Enjoy this day as none before it.

Prayers, hugs and wishes for many blessings this day and approaching new year.

Blondie

Musical_Starling
December 25th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Merry Christmas Blondie and all of you! I hope you eat lots, get lots of good presents, have lots of fun, and get lots of hugs and kisses :) Lots of everything! Except coal. No coal. And extra pounds. They're forbidden too :D

toggpine
December 25th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Merry Christmas Everyone!

I have as much done as I am gonna get! I'm headed to bed for a few hours. We'll see if the Little Miss can sleep, or if she'll be dragging me out of bed shortly. We will be off to Mom's today. From the sounds of things, I'm taking a bottle of tylenol. The fire engine Grandpa gave her on Christmas Eve was bad enough, but Mom says he's got something I'll like even better.

May you all have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Cathy

Winniesfriend
December 25th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Merry Christmas Blondie, I hope you have a great time with your family, just about time for me to go to bed and get some sleep ready for my family lunch tomorrow (26th).

CountryHut
December 25th, 2012, 09:40 AM
- Merry CHRIST<mas everyone . . I wish you all a Blessed day and joyous times with your family today :)

since the hubby has to work today :| . . we opened our gifts last evening - . .
waahoo -- new dies for my studio -- alphabet, numbers, Overall Sam, 'dreshen plate, and a few others
- can't wait to start making Banner garland(s). . .
hubby got a few small things and a new leather recliner but it won't be here until the end of the week . .

now off to make Gramme's waffles for the Grandbabies - then off to spend the morning with the grandbabies . .
then I'll go by the cemetery to visit with my Dad -- the last Christmas with my Dad -- it's such a memory . .
it was like he was so full of life again . . sitting in his recliner, leg over the armrest -- opening his gifts
and Christmas cards and shaking them to see if there was any hidden money . . :) - *Tears*~

*knot in throat*~

ya'll have a Beautimist day -- hug those grandbabies and all those you love -- Leep Christ in your Heart today and everyday ..

Merry Christmas

Diane :)

Bubby
December 25th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Good Morning and Merry Christmas Everyone!

Blondie, enjoy your day with the family! We wish we had family nearby to spend the day with. We visited with Jeff's brother and his family yesterday...the gang of grandkids that live with them (5 boys and 1 girl) were WILD with excitement and for a minute thought Uncle Jeff was Santa! We took a birthday cake and we all sang Happy Birthday to Jesus.

We should get our snow later today. It's really cold this morning....18 degrees with wind. I went outside with Molly at 5:00 and ran back into the house and grabbed a quilt to wrap around my jacket.

Celebrate with joy Everyone....Hugs, Barb

MayinJerset
December 25th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Hello on this Christmas morning. DH is making pancakes for our Christmas breakfast, I really don't care for them but it's a nice gesture so I'll enjoy the gift of someone else makng my breakfast. I seem to be enjoying other people cooking a lot this Christmas, lunch at nephew's the other day, Christmas Eve dinner at DS#1's and Christmas dinner at granddaughter Catherine's today. I can get to really like this!

Hope all you good gals are receiving lots of nice gifts and spend the day with family or friends or just sewing up a storm - whatever you do enjoy yourselves you deserve it. May

meemeecyn
December 25th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Merry Christmas! Will be spending most of the day with grandgirls and family but wanted to wish all my quilting friends a wonderful day!
Cynthia

CrazyMtnLady
December 25th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Merry Christmas to you Blondie and everyone. I hope you have a wonderful day with your family.

cyndiofthevortex
December 25th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Merry Christmas!

MRoy
December 25th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Merry Christmas Everyone!

HandsOffItsMine
December 25th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Mele Kalikimaka to All with much Aloha!

It's 5:15 here on Oahu and Kat just put Zander on the plane to Calif be with his Dad Alez for the Xmas vacation. They are going to Germany for 10 days! His grandma, grandpa, great-grandma, daddy and uncle, who's a few years older than Alex. The last 4 Xmas breaks they have gone to Europe for vacations, Z is a very good traveler. :) Sadly my folks are leaving for a cruise to Aruba and Curacao during that time. Otherwise they would have met up to see Zander and the family in Dusseldorf.

Yea! Don got up...Coffee time!

Enjoy your time with family and friends...

Huggers, Ruby and Don

Cellomom
December 25th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Merry Christmas friends! DS, DD and her fiance here last night for a grand gathering :) Off to celebrate Christ's birth at Mom's this afternoon the cousins. What a special time ....and my DD got my MSQC wishlist and gave me the Lemon Tree and Harmony layer cakes... YES! The funny thing is that no one in my family knows what a layer cake is (or a jelly roll, charm pack, for that matter) When they found out, they said, "Oh, wow, make us something!" We all had a good laugh! Have a great Christmas everyone :)

Love and hugs to all....

cherokeerose
December 25th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Merry Christmas everyone

pcbatiks
December 25th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Merry Christmas morning everyone! Having fun looking at all the SS pictures and comments this morning. Our son and girlfriend will be coming over in awhile for Christmas and chicken and dumplings. I got a nice message from my SS last night letting me know my package should be here soon.....yeah!! There area a couple of gifts under our tree that are really bugging me........and of course my DH enjoys teasing me and making me even more curious about them! Will let you know what they are later on. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Sandy Navas
December 25th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Al and I are cozy just waiting. I know the grandkids have been up since 6 o'clock and it's 10 o'clock and they aren't tearing down our front door as yet. They have our tree piled full of gifts they have made for each other - it is amazing some of the wild ideas they have as to what is perfect for one another. Love their innocence - love the fact that they care enough to make something special, too. Pictures will be taken.

To all, may this day bring nothing but Joy and Peace as we remember why we celebrate.

Madeforyouinma11
December 25th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Merry Christmas everyone! Waiting for DD#2 and SIL to get here so we can open gifts. Will post pics later of my SS gifts! Can't wait!

shannonsaulter
December 25th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Merry Christmas to all!!!! my home is cozy and warm the gifts are open breakfast is done. My DD got me a $100 gift certificate to my LQS..hubby got me new bobbins and a walking foot...I see trying FMQ soon...Hope everyones day is full of cheer and smiles its off to work for me in awhile...(((HUGS)))

janluna
December 25th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!!!! We are going to my Son's for Christmas Dinner. We don't know yet if he will even be there as they called him into work early yesterday morning. He knows the firefighters that were shot in Webster, NY. He trained John Hoffsetter. He is going to be ok but this may have ended his firefighting career. We are praying that is not the case. He and Mr. Scardino both have a long recovery time in front of them.
May the Lord be with all of you on this day of Joy. God Bless you all. Prayers are on going for everyone. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan & Joe Luna

jingleme
December 25th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Happy Birthday everyone!!!!
May all your hearts & homes be full of love, joy & light!!!
My home is empty, but my heart is full.....I love you all!!!!!
Merry Christmas

buckeyequilter
December 25th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Merry Christmas.....

I fixed a small dinner and after that DD left for her dad's house so now I'm just relaxing. I got some nice gifts from the kids and DH, I never get gift cards but he gave me a nice one for Amazon so I immediately ordered a pair of Gingher scissors and the All In One Quilter's Reference book (I'm sure I'll find something to spend the rest of it on). DH just put the cart together that he got for me so I'm going to go out to my room (told myself I was staying out of there today LOL) and put my thread in it.

Have a wonderful day!

auntiemern
December 26th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Hoping that everyone had a great Christmas. Mine is just about over. Been to busy the past couple days to even get on line. Prepped all day yesterday for step kids yesterday evening. Then had to go to DD's LATE last night to do the Santa thing. Then up and back to DD's before 7 this AM. That is always an adventure :). Back home after breakfast there, to open SSS gifts (was so excited fro that) and DH and I exchanged a few. Took little nap, then had to make a couple dishes to take to DD's for Christmas dinner. Glad to be home, and have time to chill. Will sit and wait for the snow storm we are supposed to get. Might not be able to get on line for a bit if we get much. (Satellite internet) If it drizzles I lose my signal. So if you don't hear from me I am probably ok, just can't get on line. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for everyone. Seems like everyone has a need these days :(