PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve day.

CrazyMtnLady
December 24th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I hope everyone is getting ready for a wonderful Christmas.
http://i47.tinypic.com/34shs9d.jpg

We are in for a whopper of a snow storm here in the southern part of Missouri. It is suppose to start snowing sometime tomorrow and we are suppose to get anywhere from 4-10 inches of snow depending on which weatherman you listen to! I plan on putting on my Christmas jammies, making sure my wood stove is going good and snuggling down to watch Christmas movies.
I can't believe that yesterday it was 64* out and today it is barely in the 30s. We had a nice drive to Mountain Home, Arkansas yesterday to meet up with a friend of DH's and then we went out to eat at a really nice Chinese Buffet. We saw 4 Bald Eagles on our drive too. It was amazing...but forgot to take the camera! Bummer. Going to make DH a pumpkin pie today. I bought some Libby's pumpkin, no $1 can of the crappy pumpkin I used on Thanksgiving! I am going to make a Venison roast in my new Crock Pot tomorrow.
Off to get a fresh cup of coffee.
Merry Christmas to all!
http://i49.tinypic.com/6fqxps.jpg May you all have a peaceful and safe Merry Christmas.

Musical_Starling
December 24th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Merry Christmas Donna!! And happy Christmas eve to all! Stay safe if the weather is going to be nasty, better safe than sorry. And remember, snow means slow! :)

We had a nice covering of snow, and two days of straight rain has almost disintegrated it! But a little cover today and more flurries for tomorrow, we just might get our first white Christmas in three years! Headed out in a little bit to swap gifts with my family, and grab a few last minute things at the grocery store and then it's time to bundle up and curl up under a nice quilt (not made by me, but soon that will hopefully be an option! :D) and watch some Christmas movies. Maybe A Muppet's Christmas Carol, my favourite :)

Hugs for all, prayers for those in need, and Christmas wishes all around :D

Bubby
December 24th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Hi Donna...We're getting hunkered down for the storm, too! Won't it be great having it snow on Christmas Day!! We will have a ham dinner tomorrow....ham, baked beans, broccoli casserole, slaw (for DH), fruit salad, homemade rolls and pies. Miss Molly says she would like a little taste of everything, too!

Have a very Merry Christmas, Donna! Hugs, Barb

cyndiofthevortex
December 24th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Merry Christmas, Donna, Barb and Dee! I hope your days ahead are wonderful and filled with happiness and peace. And you're getting snow! What's up with New Hampshire? Not even a dusting left outside for Santa's reindeer. But there's warmth in the house with a loving family around me. You can't ask for better than that.

quiltingtrish
December 24th, 2012, 10:59 AM
4-10 inches in the southern part of the state! wow, hope Odie doesn't drive back that way on his way back to California. I wish he would leave his car here and fly back. Well, the good Lord kept him safe getting here, I know he will be ok on the way back.
We are to get an inch or two tonight so it will be pretty for tomorrow.

Everything is done here except wrapping which I'll do this afternoon. I hide in the bedroom and lock the door.

Well, off for now. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and safe travels for those that have to head out and about.

Hugs,

MRoy
December 24th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Merry Christmas!! Doesn't look like we'll have a white Christmas here, maybe a dusting Christmas night! Everyone have a great Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

CountryHut
December 24th, 2012, 11:17 AM
- like, I am sooo jealous of all those having a white Christmas -- . . pictures . . I want pictures . . Pleeeeeeeeeeease~~~???~
heck . . I, in my tank top and shorts and hubby at work . . . . I think we had a cold snap yesterday . L*~ . .
the orange trees did get their 1st frost - so I will be able to pick them for Christmas

well off to get busy finishing up a few things . . . . I hope and pray that everyone will have a VERY MERRY CHRIST<MAS

Diane :)

pcbatiks
December 24th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Dee...........my favorite line in the Muppet Christmas Carol is..........Kermit singing "Heatwave! This is my island in the sun!" Cracks me up everytime!

Sandy Navas
December 24th, 2012, 11:49 AM
You know, there's something to be said for jealousy . . . I am so envious of Donna up on her little mountain being snowed in - and with a venison roast going!! What could be better than a quiet day of celebration for the right reasons. Snuggle in and enjoy!! And to have seen the bald eagles - that is such a tremendous sight. I remember being in the Tahoe area one year with friends and the boys felt the need to write their name in the snow . . . all of a sudden there was this SWISH and that eagle was no more than about 10-12 feet overhead. It is such an awesome sight.

I'm not sure whether the NW part of MO will get more snow or not. Like Donna said - it depends upon which weatherman you listen to. But, I'd venture to say that Odie will be good and safe if he takes Interstate 70 across Missouri. Tell him to stop if it gets bad. Missouri peeps are very friendly (for the most part) and will offer him shelter from the storm. Hope he doesn't cut himself too short on time so he doesn't come up AWOL.

To everyone, prayer is good - Mom was taken back to her Home yesterday. Sis called and said everyone at the Nursing Home welcomed her - and Mom seemed very excited to be back there. I'm heading out soon to see her - hopefully I can be there when it is lunch time and I'll help her get at least something to drink.

May everyone have a very Blessed Christmas!!

New York Sue
December 24th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Good morning, friends!
I'm nearly ready, and sure hope my favorite mail man brings me my last-minute purchase from JCPenney!
Every year, I get a budding amaryllis at Christmas time, with the hopes that I'll get the timing just right, and a bloom on Christmas morning. I swear it grew 4 inches overnight, and I may just get it right this year!
Very little chance of snow here for Christmas, but temps were down in the teens last night. BRRRR!
I'm a little envious of our friends in the MidWest, who will wake up to a fresh blanket of snow, though I would not wish the snow removal part on anyone. Please be safe in your travels, and enjoy the Wonder of Christmas!

meemeecyn
December 24th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Wishing all my Quilting Friends a wonderful Christmas! Soon our kids and grandkids will be coming over for our Eve visit. The girls are getting American Girl Dolls from us this year so Mama has given permission to open them early. I even made a little doll quilt for each! Enjoy the day, everyone. To those struggling this year for any reason at all, prayers being sent special for you.

Merry Christmas!
Cynthia

Lonna
December 24th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Good Morning all,
Wishing each and everyone of you a very Merry Christmas. Things here will be very quite this evening we are suppots to walk over to Moms and Dads for dinner, then tomorrow everyone will just lay low. We are suppost to have some bad weather tomorrow so this plan works out well for us. We will just fix a small turkey breast tomorrow, with Waynes favorite dressing, fruit salad,dinner rolls and that will just about complete the meal. Yesterday I did fix a new receipe to take over to Moms this evening it is a Chocolate chip, oreo fudge browie dessert. So we shall see how that turned out this evening. Wishing you all warm and loving memories for Christmas.

toggpine
December 24th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I have Merry Christmas wishes for all of you!

Things to bring to Mom's tonight Yeast Rolls(done), Green bean casserole (lined up waiting), Scalloped potatoes (defrosting), family (sleeping).
Presents to wrap, PJ pants to finish (maybe), lab coat for 6 year-old Doc McStuffins wanna-be (done, but I might applique her initial on the front).
For those who do not have young ones - Doc McStuffins is a little girl who fixes stuffed animals and toys. Disney has decided that girls can be more than just Princesses now. I hear she's giving Dora the Explorer a run for her money in the popularity department. (Yea!) OK, I'll get off that soap box before I get fully on to it.

I hope you all have a wonderful time with friends, family, or what ever makes you the happiest!
Hugs, Cathy

Musical_Starling
December 24th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Dee...........my favorite line in the Muppet Christmas Carol is..........Kermit singing "Heatwave! This is my island in the sun!" Cracks me up everytime!

:icon_giggle: I love that part. My favourite characters are "Marley and Marley" lol

grannyann
December 24th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Merry Christmas from east Central Illinois. Right now the sun is out and 32 . I am listening to the radio and Christmas songswhile I clean.
Got the family room vacumed while husband tried to get a walk in and shampooed the carpet. He is in there all the time so I don't get to do the cleaning in there like I need to.He hasn't been feeling good so he stays in his chair with his cross words and TV.Anyway that room is done.
Waiting for my granson to come to town and get the snow blower out and ready just in case. My husband can't get out and do that anymore so I want it ready just in case.
need to do some food prep so I don't have so much to do tomorrow.Christmas mass will be 7 tonight.
So it will be a busy two days. Praying all will be safe and healthy and make wonderful memories for Christmas 2012.

Claire Hallman
December 24th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Merry Christmas to one and all
Today is getting some cooking done, listening to Christmas music then later on getting out the 12 bottles of wine I got DH out and put near his chair. I wrapped them in 11 different bottle bags and it is going to look like a party with them scattered about.
Our DS and DIL will be here tomorrow and DH brother as well, I think they will spend the whole day, breakfast and then much later a nice dinner.
Bless you all for coming into my life and helping my quilt journey as well as my life journey to be full and happy. I wish health or healing to you all and fun with your families.

Jess1377
December 24th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Oh Merry Merry Christmas to all of my quilting friends here!!! I have been going a bit bonkers (self inflicted) trying to give my sweet silly boy a happy 10th birthday party (it was!) and yesterday started baking cookies which my kiddo said he was wanting to help but really donated about 10 minutes of his time. Maybe he will give me a minute of cookie making time each year? Any hoo... Yesterday was a bit of a pain in the butt though. I accidentally doubled a cookie recipe, used a icky chocolate chip cookie recipe, spilled sugar, and an egg was cracked a bit in the carton and dried in it so when I lifted it out the bottom spilled out onto my working area on the other ingredients. ba-humbug! (LOL!) It could have been worse of course! Here are a few pics one is of my sons b-day party and the other is my way to big bag full of oatmeal-butterscotch chip cookies and what I really want to be playing with! ;) 34542(My son is the boy in the top right corner facing the camera) 34543 Sadly, more cooking to go today for tomorrow's feast. Merry Christmas dear friends!

HandsOffItsMine
December 24th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Mele Kalikimaka to all our friends here on the Forum!

We will not have snow but RAIN! Not just a little but heavy rains/winds and flash flood warnings in our valleys. Our friends have said they can't remember the last time it has rained on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Many outdoor events have been cancelled as they have those pop up tents (20 x 40) that become airborn with the winds. Very disappointing for the children to say the least.

We're hoping that we can at least to the beach camps or other spots where we see families seeking shelter on Christmas Day to pass out outfits - during dry spells if any. Excitement on our little Island - too bad it didn't stay on Obama's side of the Island. lol

Mother Nature has her own mind during the Holiday Season. Please be careful as you all travel to see your family and friends!

Much love to all of you...

Ruby and Don

Cathy F
December 24th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Merry Christmas to you Donna! Hope you have a wonderful day!