PDA

View Full Version : stress level

mamaquilt
December 23rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
stress is building up, slowly but definatly more than half an hour ago. Had to clean the kitchen for the second time tonight. Some melted butter, with sugar and rum was flying around my kitchen, on the Xmas flower decoration for tomorrow night, on my freshly cleaned kitchen window, which I can't clean tonight as it is already pitch dark outside, here it is 9.30 pm. The butter also showed up on my clothes on the floor, everywhere. I just took the wrong bowl and thought this may do. Now I'm waiting for the new pastry to get ready, takes about half an hour according to the book.
But I don't trust cooking or any other book anymore. Paper is very patient. Still have to clean my carrots and a huge celeri. I WILL DO THEM TONIGHT! Tomorrow there are so many other things to prepare and I'll have Charel to care for a couple of hours.

Well I'll get on as soon as I've had my cup of coffee. thanks for listening

Michèle

BellasQuilts
December 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Deep breath!!!!

nana margaret
December 23rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Isn't it always the case that whenever you have lots to do nothing seems to go right. I was going to crack eggs with sticks today but after spending two hours trying to hang new Christmas lights on the tree and then finding out they were broken I gave up the fight.:lol: Enjoy your coffee, I'm just waiting for chocolate truffles to chill and then have to coat them in more chocolate and coconut, needless to say they aren't all going to make it to Christmas day!:) Good luck!

grannyann
December 23rd, 2012, 07:18 PM
I wonder why we put so much on our self. It just seems we do it all, we worry about it all, and want everything perfect.
I think we just want everything perfect for others and we get so stressed out that we can not enjoy the day.Our minds and bodys are on over load and that is when nothing goes right.
I sure hope things settle down for you and you can ralax and enjoy the holiday the way you should.

bakermom
December 23rd, 2012, 07:21 PM
Take a deep breath and walk away from the kitchen.

Sandy Navas
December 23rd, 2012, 10:38 PM
The heck with a cup of coffee. Is that rum bottle empty! It would be if it were me fighting that mess!!

MayinJerset
December 24th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Oh, how I hate when that happens. I agree with Sanda, if no rum have a nice relaxing glass of wine before you tackle the mess or other chores. May in Jersey

lilmouse
December 24th, 2012, 03:45 AM
I agree with above...where's the rum?

HdWench
December 24th, 2012, 04:57 AM
oh no Michèle -- you know what all this stress does, just make more messes. Heck toss a big rug over that floor and walk away :-) They came to see and be with you and your family, not eye ball your floor (I hope!!!) Have a very blessed Christmas and I too hope you get a chance to unwind soon.

CrazyMtnLady
December 24th, 2012, 09:28 AM
OH, grab some Eggnog...spike it with the rum and relax for a half hour. I love warm Eggnog with either rum or whiskey in it... or both!! It does wonders in relieving stress!

goofyizzy
December 25th, 2012, 02:37 AM
I know how you feel Michele. For Thanksgiving I took on way too much. I like to cook and decided to do just about everything myself and from scratch. I even made rolls and pies. I work retail so my workload had been very heavy before the holiday with huge shipments, and merchandise to display. Plus of course I had to work on Black Friday. I was exhausted and promised myself not to take-on too much for Christmas. Tomorrow I am making three things, a roast, mashed potatoes, and asparagus, that's it. I intend on enjoying my day. If people drop by, great. They can eat when they want, just make yourself a plate and re-heat if needed.

Do what you can, and let some things go if you need to. Enjoy your day and have a Merry Christmas.

MarryCurry
January 9th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Above all are correct. Stress is not good thing. Because must reduce your stress. You can reducing stress with following below tips.

• Yoga
• Walking around the home
• Playing game
• Sing song
• Going trip