PDA

View Full Version : Sundays are a good day

Blondie
December 23rd, 2012, 09:38 AM
especially when Christmas is coming right atcha!

Happy Sunday, Folksies!
Stayed with Mom last night. We were doing some baking for Christmas. And eating almost as much as we pulled out of the oven. Today I am doing nuttin' ! I have been fighting off what I think is a cold - keeping Vit C down and a total believer in Zicam. I really shouldn't have been at Mom's - however, she spends so much time at the nursing home and hospital visiting that I couldn't see her being exposed to anything worse than what she already has. Besides, it is our little tradition to make cookies together. Sis joined in and so did my DD. We had a wonderful time. We all fell asleep at different times and when I woke up, and went to make coffee, I remembered I had forgotten to carry some real coffee down there. Yucky decaf tasted nasty to me and I really see no purpose in having it if it doesn't taste good and make you feel good. Yep. That's what I think.

Back up The Hill and having my coffee, hubs walks in the room and I think he is trying to catch my bug. No way for Christmas this year! Time to run to the store and get more Vits, and zicam. It really does help with colds.

Have a wonderful day folksies!

Big hugs and oh so many prayers for my precious ones here at MSQC.

Blondie

EnumclawGramma
December 23rd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Good Morning Blondie! I was up way before the sun today with a list in my head, and not the naughty/nice list! Got a crowd coming tomorrow and I never feel like I'm done doing what I wanna before everyone arrives. So here I am, trying to be really quiet and not wake anyone, wondering what to tackle first! Time just got away from me this year and I'm not quite sure how.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! Hugs and Prayers to all who want/need!

Musical_Starling
December 23rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Good morning ladies! And Happy Tibb's Eve! Or as we call it, Tipsy Eve! :D It's getting close now! All that's left to do is swap presents with my family tomorrow, pick up a few last minute groceries, and we're officially ready for the jolly big guy! (And Jesus' birthday, of course :) ) So many colds and flus and other yucky bugs going around, I'm trying my best to avoid them all. So far I've just been sniffly and sneezy, nothing too major, but DH has been coughing up a storm so I may be in for it lol

Sunny Sunday to all, hugs and prayers all around, and don't forget to have a good drink! It's called "Tipsy" eve for a reason! :D

MRoy
December 23rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
Good morning! We'll be having Christmas here today. DH is out feeding/checking the cattle now and everyone else is still asleep. So I'm having my coffee and some quiet me time. Turkey is cooked and I'll get the rest of the big meal fixed later this morning. We'll eat around noon, then it's left overs or whatever is in the frig or freezer the rest of the day.

Merry Christmas everyone!

CrazyMtnLady
December 23rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Good Morning to all. Been awake for a while...just couldn't drag myself out of bed, it felt too good under them covers with my dogs snuggled up close to me.
I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Looking forward to opening my SSS gifts on Christmas morning.

Decided that the triangle squares and squares I am putting together is going to be a table runner. In fact I am going to make 2 one for the little table where I sew and one for the computer desk.

I think we may be taking a little road trip down to Mountain Home Arkansas today or tomorrow. DH has to meet up with a guy from Texas and that is where they are staying. I like Mountain Home so it won't be a bad road trip. I may even get a few things for a nice dinner on Christmas day.

Have a great day. Hugs and prayers to all.

Ginny B
December 23rd, 2012, 10:44 AM
Good Morning. Nice sunny day here today - but cold I think. On the agenda today is baking, wrapping dh's presents, one set of placemats for #1 sons gf and cooking dinner. Going to be a busy one for sure. Tomorrow evening we will spend the evening with
#'s 1 and 2 sons, my sister and her boyfriend and a cousin and his girlfriend - who happens to be my sisters' best friend. Then Christmas Day we will be with dh's side of the family. We had our Christmas celebration with my step-daughters' and Max yesterday morning (brunch) and Christmas will be extending itself into January this year. #'s 3 & 4 sons and their fiance'/girlfriend will come for a visit between the 18th and 27th of Jan. So excited to have my 4 sons together. That doesn't happen often. I bought the turkey at Thanksgiving in the hopes that our "Thanksmas" celebration would be able to happen this year (technically next year but I count it as this years' holiday celebration). Last year it didn't work out for them to come (one is from CA and the other from GA). And yesterday ds #3 and his fiance' booked their wedding : it will be November 15, 2013 in Placerville, CA. :)

Ok, off to get my list of "things to do" crossed off. Stay well everyone.

Ginny B

Bubby
December 23rd, 2012, 10:45 AM
Good morning! I've been up since before 4 am and getting nothing done! Libby, we're on the same channel I think!

Blondie, I feel pretty much the same way about the diet Coke I drink....no sugar, no caffeine....why bother!lol! Please don't get sick for Christmas, Blondie! Yesterday I felt like I was getting the flu, but today I feel somewhat normal.

I hope everyone has their holiday plans under control. I need to make a quick trip to the grocery store this morning since I decided I need to make a cheesecake today. Every major holiday I make one dessert I love and I allow myself to indulge in that one treat for a day. Cheesecake, ice cream, peach cobbler and punkin pie are my big 4!

I wish everyone a great Sunday before Christmas...Hugs and prayers.....Barb

quiltingtrish
December 23rd, 2012, 11:02 AM
HE'S HOME! And, he drove from California! He says he didn't hit any snow (uhhuh) - left Wednesday morning from southern California and came across the south to Texas - up to Missouri - and over here to PA. He popped in the door about 7 last night. I don't know when he is going back but I do know I have him all week. Got lots of hugs in. I was sitting at the kitchen table making pillowcases and he was sitting in his brothers room at the exact spot where I could just look up and see him. It sure is wonderful having him home.
I'll try to get a photo of him before he heads back. Right now he is sound asleep - says he is still on California time.

Need to hit the food store after church this morning, there isn't enough food in this house for a hungry Marine. Then I'll be heading to my Dad's for the rest of the day.
I hope you all have a super Sunday!!
Hugs,

MayinJerset
December 23rd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Morning all, Nice tradition Blondie with your Mom making cookies. Boys used to help when they were younger, cutting cookies and decorating them but only help I have now is DH who helps by taking down the big container of flour and other ingredients from high shelves. His reward is a small basket of rejects or ends of the biscotti loaves. Began rainbow cookies last night and today all 3 layers are weighted down so the jams 'glue' the yellow, pink and green layers together. Tonight I'll add the choc top and begin cutting them. Made some biscotti, chocolate & walnut cookies and ginger cookies the other day and once I get my gift cookie plates set DH and I can feast on some 'real' cookies.

Off to Brooklyn around 11am to visit with nephew Tom and his family who drove in from Colorado. They are staying with his brother Mike on Staten island, wish Mike hosted today's family get together as that would have eliminated one of the high tolls for us. Tolls back and forth from Brooklyn will be almost $20! It's worth it this trip as we haven't seen Tom, Gina and kids for about 5 years, in fact none of us have ever seen his last 2 girls as they are 3 yrs and 9 months old. When we get back home tonight I'll be ready to celebrate Tipsy Eve because if everyone shows up to meet the Caseys there will be 13 kids under 8 running around all afternoon. So glad nephew Craig has a big finished basement for the get together, it has a big play room, a tv room, big family area and a big kitchen that is nicer and more up to date than mine.

Santa has made an early trip to town last night. Fire sirens awhaling and lights ablinking he was up on top of the biggest fire engine riding up and down the streets. He stopped a few houses from us to visit the fire chief and his family and then continued his ride around town. Santa wanted to remind everyone that there are only 2 more days til Christmas and we all better be nice as naughty quilters get coal instead of fabric. May

PS; Trish, Glad your son made it home for Christmas.

Debbie MM
December 23rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Good morning everyone, The PJ fairy has been busy. I am finishing the last of the PJs I give out to needy children, the total this year was 14 plus 26 fleece blankets. Everyone has a good and safe Christmas and holiday season.

Sandy Navas
December 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
I feel like Libby and Bubby this morning - where has the time gone - and 'am I ready?' The six younger girls were over almost all day yesterday making cookies - mostly unbaked ones - Oreo balls, peanut butter balls, Reindeer using pretzels and M&Ms, we did use the oven for oyster cracker sweet and salty, we have chocolate/oatmeal unbaked in the refrigerator, and I still want to try Donna's Eggnog cookies. Seems as if I am missing something but we did have a whole lot of fun.

No news on Mom. I need to call the nursing home since I know Sis is in church right now. I'm going to try to get the rest of the girls out of my house and back home early enough that I can go visit Mom. Feel like a Grinch since I haven't been there yet.

Everyone have a wonderful day. Prayers where needed - praying for WORLD PEACE.

ginampls
December 23rd, 2012, 02:00 PM
Howdy high folks, tiz me Gina. i am well. i get to work today. I like it the last minute crafter. will swawm the store.. but it is all good. I got DD a Singer. I am so excited. I have doll patterns and a huge stash of fabric..it is gonna be awesome!!!! i will keep you posted.

Madeforyouinma11
December 23rd, 2012, 02:26 PM
Hello everyone!
Wow... I have had a very busy two days! We had company on Friday night and again last night! Now I need to get ready for Tuesday..tomorrow night we will be going to Memorial Park for a vigil for the Connecticut victims. It will only last for an hour but they will have pictures of the victims with a place to write a message if you want, we are all bringing led lights in white lunch bags and they will be letting off flying candle balloons. They will have children do 20 of them, teachers and a principal for the other 6 and then they will let one more go for all of the survivors and other victims from all of the other tragedies that have happened recently.
Today, I need to do a little more sewing. I am finished for Christmas Day but I have things that need to be finished for the 30th and the 5th.
Well, off to get things done.. Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday so far! Have a great day and be safe!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 23rd, 2012, 03:09 PM
Crazy busy days today and ahead. Made a dozen fleece scarves before church this morning, next is a costume fitting for the play I'm working on that starts Jan. 11. I found a really nice selection of clothing at a resellit shop yesterday at fabulous prices-- 25% to 75% off, and the stuff is really nice! Lots of name brands, and this place does not sell ratty stuff! I hope most of it fits! If not, it goes into my costume collection for some future show! Then I'm picking up my grandkids from their other grandparents, and bringing them home, maybe to help me PUT UP MY CHRISTMAS TREE! I guess I have to do that sooner or later. Someday, I need to go to the grocery store for food, maybe tonight. I just am having a difficult time getting into the mood for Christmas. Our wonderful pastor mentioned this in his sermon today, and gave us a few quiet minutes to cast aside those feelings we had that made us not be in the mood, it was a good time to reflect and try to overcome the negative feelings about the season, and focus in on the real reason we celebrate at this time of year. I'm trying to cast it off, hope I succeed!

shannonsaulter
December 23rd, 2012, 03:22 PM
GM everyone!!! Hope you all have a great day.. It's gonna be a lazy day and back to work tomorrow and its only a 4 day work week...

lilmouse
December 23rd, 2012, 03:37 PM
Afternoon everyone, was up early (for me) and met friends for breakfast...got home a few minutes ago and am getting myself ready to go to JoAnn's....work this afternoon and evening, back at the restaurant by 8 tomorrow morning and then I am off for a little while...til my next shift at Joanns! Still don't know when Steve is getting home.....called my sis today and wished her a Happy Birthday...will try again after work...I am sure she is busy celebrating her day! Hope everyone has a good holiday!

buckeyequilter
December 23rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
Good afternoon...

Taking a quick break. The kids and grandkids will be here tonight....so I've cooked and cleaned and quilted. I started a quilt for my DD on Thursday and put it on the frame last night. I almost have it quilted....but she won't get it until Christmas day - so if I don't get back to it today and I can work on it tomorrow. I talked my DD into wrapping the gifts for tonight :)....she wraps much better than I do.

Well better get the veggies cleaned for the tray. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

bakermom
December 23rd, 2012, 05:18 PM
Quiet day here. DH, BIL and DS are out at the sporting goods store-guys day out kinda thing. I slept in a bit then spent the rest of the morning wrapping gifts. Done!
We'll all go to Mass Christmas Eve then to DD's for dinner. I will have my food contribution ready ahead of time so all i'll have to do is keep it warm. most of the baking i wanted to do is done, the rest will be done for our big family celebration next weekend. so much less stress than "having" to get together on Christmas day.
After a quiet morning brunch for DH and me, we'll go see the kids at their homes and exchange gifts. It makes for a busy but peaceful day.

HandsOffItsMine
December 23rd, 2012, 08:16 PM
I just am having a difficult time getting into the mood for Christmas.

Same here, especially since I got Don's stomach flu that he had for 5 days. :( I'm on day 3, it has to stop...we have children to visit tomorrow. I think part of it is that it seemed to come up so quickly this year, very strange. We have no room to store decorations, so we never bought any. Besides Pandora running, it doesn't feel like Xmas.

Anyway, we're going to have Christmas crescents/coffee then head out to some of the different areas of Makaha and Waianae, play Santa Claus hand out more clothes to beach families we see. We'll bring a packed lunch/drinks see where we end up. :)