PDA

View Full Version : It's Saturday!

Blondie
December 22nd, 2012, 04:46 AM

Happy Saturday, Folksies!

I can say that now, since I've been awake since right after midnight, but let's just see how I feel later on this morning. haha. I came home from work yesterday just whooped. I was not feeling super duper good. Not sick, just "unnecessary" as my Granny would say. I have had far too many folks with the flu the past few weeks. That is sure not good for anyone at anytime, physically or right at Christmas time! While I knew I wasn't feeling flu symptoms, I still felt out of sorts. Good thing I had that soup in the crock for hubs. I sure didn't feel like rattling any pots and pans. Laid on the sofa like a beached walrus for a bit then to bed early. Woke up at midnight ready to go again. So, after a few good toss and turns, I decided if I was gonna be awake, I needed some yummy joe and my M* before I head down the stairs to fiddle around. It will be time to get ready for work before I know.

The wind has really picked up, thinking of my sister's in the midwest who sent it our way. Yesterday folks were coming in the salon talking about the snow flurries. Naturally, nothing was sticking but it made lots of happy kiddos for a short while. I was thinking it was blowing the snow in from the mountains since the wind was high. If I thought the wind was strong yesterday , that's nothing compared to the overnight session! this wind has been brutal. Hope the wind continues it's march eastward and right out to sea.

Off to refill the cup and head down the stairs. Kitty Dinah has heard me moving around and is calling me to the basement for her early morning love fest.

Blessings to all - prayers and hugs for each. SMILE! The Mayans were wrong!

janluna
December 22nd, 2012, 05:24 AM
The Mayans were wrong all right. It's time when God says it's time. Happens everyday. One is taken, and one is left behind.
The wind is blowing a fury up here. It's snowing good now. I haven't been to bed yet. I'm tired, just can't get my brain to shut down tonight. Of course, wind, loud wind, bugs me. So that is probably why, I can't shut down.
Did you get anything in the mail yet??? Love you, and Happy Birthday! Hugs, Jan

Renate
December 22nd, 2012, 05:28 AM
Also from my side, alltogether have a wonderful and not so busy Saturday

Blondie
December 22nd, 2012, 05:50 AM
The Mayans were wrong all right. It's time when God says it's time. Happens everyday. One is taken, and one is left behind.
The wind is blowing a fury up here. It's snowing good now. I haven't been to bed yet. I'm tired, just can't get my brain to shut down tonight. Of course, wind, loud wind, bugs me. So that is probably why, I can't shut down.
Did you get anything in the mail yet??? Love you, and Happy Birthday! Hugs, Jan

Jan, saw this online and cracked up. Had to share since the Mayans were so off, Love their art, though!

No mail yesterday at all! I think my mail carrier has serious issues with me since I hit the motherload last week, hahaha. Will let you know.
hugs

janluna
December 22nd, 2012, 05:57 AM
That is too funny!! I laughed out loud and woke Joe up! LOL Love that kitty cat.
Hey what happened to Sandy? I'm praying but what happened to Sandy? Just so I know what I'm praying for.
BTW Blondie, I love the avatar pic you have of you! That is such a pretty picture of you!

janluna
December 22nd, 2012, 06:07 AM
Also from my side, alltogether have a wonderful and not so busy Saturday

Hi Renate, I'm Jan Luna. I live in the western part of New York State, in the USA I haven't been on as much lately so I didn't meet you. Glad you are here. Hugs, Jan L.

janluna
December 22nd, 2012, 06:18 AM
Blondie, I'm praying for Sandy and her family. Have you heard anything about her Mom? I wish I could just hug her.

bakermom
December 22nd, 2012, 06:27 AM
Really? there's someone on here other than me at this hour! just walked in from work and need to wind down abit.
Jan, Sandy had a post on here earlier today. her mom was showing some improvement and would probably go back to the nursing home.

Found it!

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?15237-Friday-s-here/page2

MayinJerset
December 22nd, 2012, 06:30 AM
Joining you early birds this Saturday morning. I'm up but not ready to greet the day.

Blondie, now that you had a good sleep and some coffee I hope that you are feeling better and 'necessary'. Never heard that out of sorts feeling called 'unnecessary' but it kind of fits.

So Jan, bakersmom and Renate, what has you gals up so early today? My excuse it that I'm old and don't sleep 8 hours at night.

Never got to bake any cookies yesterday but that's what I'll be doing today.

This afternoon we were to have a family meeting with nephew Tom and his family who are driving here from Colorado for Christmas. He misjudged how long it would take to drive here and now expect to arrive very late tonight. I'm praying they are ahead of all the snow and arrive safe and sound. My sister Pat is cooking up a bunch of the kind of foods she thinks Tom and family can't get in Colorado, rice balls, eggplant parm, baked ziti, she thinks you can't get food like that once you leave Brooklyn. What she doesn't know is that Tom knows how to make those dishes. He's an excellent cook, last week his wife said he made duck l'orange with roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic vinegar. Hey, maybe we all should have gone to visit him in Colorado and he would cook some great foods for us. May in Jersey

janluna
December 22nd, 2012, 06:32 AM
Calling it quits for tonight. I'm going to go pray myself to sleep. Prayers are going out for Ruby and Don, Matt and Kat, Sandy, Al and Sis, Mr. & Mrs. Daisy, Stewart, we will get you better some how! Daisy, rest. When you can, just lay down and take short naps. It will help. Until then, stay away from sharp things and fire. Love you. And Prayers for everyone on my prayer list. I won't sleep until Noon! Night everyone! L,H,P, Jan L. And for May's nephew and family to get to NJ safe!!

Musical_Starling
December 22nd, 2012, 08:18 AM
Good morning ladies! Had a very productive shopping night. Went to Walmart at around 3AM, and it was almost quiet lol Bought myself a new DSLR camera and a new Nintendo 3DS :D Totally over the moon, can't wait until Christmas morning! Now if I can just get my stubborn husband to decide what in the heck he wants. Time IS getting short ya know! lol Left Walmart with my packages feeling very blessed, that's for sure :) Blessed to have loved ones who care enough to send cash presents, blessed to have a nice, reliable vehicle to get me there and back, blessed to have a nice warm home to take my presents to, blessed to have my husband along for the ride (as grumpy as he may be sometimes :icon_giggle: ), blessed to have two sooky kitty cats meet me at the door to welcome me home, and blessed to have such wonderful friends here on the forum. It's been a bit of a rough start to the Christmas season with all of the heartache that's been spreading around, it's helped make Christmas that much more meaningful to me. I've been counting my blessings, and am thankful for all that I have :)

I guess the biggest blessing that we can all count on today is that those Mayans were not wasteful. Their calendar did not "run-out" yesterday, it's just time to re-use it for another cycle! :D

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/filestorage/mayan-apocalypse-end-of-the-world-syfy-defiance-ecards-someecards.png

Love and prayers all around :) Happy Saturday!

Lonna
December 22nd, 2012, 08:47 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
I see I am not the only one up early. Woke at four and laid there trying to go back to sleep but just could not shut the mind down. Looking forward to the next four days off other then having to go into work for 3 1/2 hours on Monday. Off to Wally world this morning to pick up a few last min items. Wayne wants to pick up some thing for his great nephews and I need to get a couple of gift cards for my grandsons. Still need to figure out what to fix for the Christmas meal don't really want another turkey, and we always have ham for New Years so just don't know what to do.

Wishing you all a wonderful day and to those who are running on fumes stay safe.

Sew Perfect
December 22nd, 2012, 08:52 AM
Greetings quilters, sewers, and crafters acrossed the fruited plains and sea! I am also up early after 3 hours of sleep. Not really sure why other the fact I had pizza last night and it's bothering my tummy.

The wind has died down a bit out here in KC, but the snow is still on the ground. I guess it's time to bring some fire wood up to the house as there's a chill downstairs. I love having a fire going on a cold winter day, sipping coffee, wrapped in a quilt, while reading everyone's daily greeting on my tablet.

DH and I plan to finish up with our Christmas shopping today. Not looking forward to the mad house out there, but can't help having to go as our daughter needs a new coat and ourson needs jeans.

I pray all of you have a wonerful and blessed day...I'm off to the Keurig for more coffee!

Lisaau
December 22nd, 2012, 08:59 AM
I'm sorry but the Mayans never said it was an" Apocalypse as the end of time........" that was the powers that be that rule the world trying to instill fear into the masses and panic people..............and the mayans have said the word apocalpyse literally means a ............rebirth or new beginnings the dawning of a new era for humanity and an awakening ...........and the modern day mayans have been really upset the TPBTB (the powers that be ) took their calendar and misrepresented it to the world......Dont believe everything you see on tv.

34411 34412 34413

CountryHut
December 22nd, 2012, 09:22 AM
- G'morning all -- hope everyone sleep well - and for those still awake - nite nite and rest well :)

just got the hubby off to work -- po man - he has to work Christmas Eve day and Christmas Day . . .
my Charlie boy - he a water mechanic - he operates the Water and Sewer Plant for the State Hopital --
this man is a workaholic - hasn't had a Christmas off in 8 years -- but thats ok -- it's not like we have youngins at
home anymore *no empty nest syndrome here*~ . . LOL*~

plans for the day - to finish up wrapping gifts - then off to the kitchen to
for some baking time -- making Christmas Waffles for the grandbabies that live near by -- it makes me smiles
to see their little faces when Gramme brings them waffles for the Christmas morning breakfast

@May in Jersey -- I was born and raised in South Jersey -- and us yanks here in NE Florida call that Yankee food --
heck it took over 30 years to get tasty pies down here . . LOL*~ . . now if we only could get OTC crackers
and aunt jemima coffee cake and Philly pretzels here in the south - we'll be good to go . .*s*~ . .

tiz a bit chilly here this morning .. 29 . . *brrrr*~ . . had to hunt up some socks -- AND NOW . . my oranges will
be ready to pick after this morning freeze -- YAAAAY*~
since I don't have to run off anywhere to day -- I just might fire up the fireplace - and save on the propane - to expensive to waste

well, its been since Thursday and this is still bugging me -- I took a neighbor to a local church to pick up
a Christmas food basket and toys for the kids --
there must have been over 200 people standing in line --
they had games and give aways for the kids and had drawings for the adults for cell phones --
well, I couldn't stand around -- not with a bad knee - I dropped her off and went back after about 2 hours
loaded up her and the kiddies and I just had to asked what she got in her food box/basket - and to my surprise - I was
sooo disappointed for the girl -- I dn't know how I should feel --
95% of the box was filled with junk food -- cupcakes, donuts, twinkies
there was a loaf of bread, spaghetti, a can of sauce, box of Mac & cheese, a couple of packets of instant oatmeal
and a small bag of rice . . *oh my*~ . .
- so a few of us neighbors know of a Christmas Eve Santa -- we've put together a couple bags full
of groceries and he'll deliver it to the family on Christmas eve
- there's enough to carry them over - at least till the kids go back to school
the other thing that bothered me -- was seeing people in line that I knew that DIDN'T need to be in line
for a food basket-- shame shame on them . .
especially one that has a Railroad pension, a canadian pension, works full time and does eBay full time
-- whatz with that? . .*shaking head*~ .. *double oh my*~ . .

oh well,
now that the hubby is off to work, my feet are warm - doggies went back to bed - I guess I will get started
with my day

thanks for letting me vent :|

ya'll have a great Stash Bashing Day :)

Diane :)
does anyone really read every morning post? . . LOL*~

Bubby
December 22nd, 2012, 09:33 AM
Good Morning...

I've been up about an hour...had to cook Molly's breakfast and feed her. DH is up watching the outdoor channel. Not sure what's on our plate today. Yesterday DH was called in to work (he's on vacation) and ended up working a full day. So much for day #1 of his vacation.

Our weather is very cold and windy. We had a blizzard Thursday, but most of the snow is gone from the rain, which had turned to ice in some places. We are supposed to have a white Christmas.

I'm not sewing right now, but I am making plans for 2013. I have a few UFOs to finish. I wanted to machine embroider some lace snowflakes for the Sandy Hook Project, but I don't have the right stabilizer and there's not enough time to order it online and complete the work in time. I sent a few pillowcases for that project. Thanks Cyndi for posting that!

I think I'm getting the flu...I don't feel like myself and have chills and a headache. I took the flu shot but there's a lot going around here.

I wish everyone a good Saturday. As Monique would say, only only three more sleeps!

Hugs, Barb

Granny Judy
December 22nd, 2012, 10:28 AM
Like most, I've been up earlier than usual.. "cause I went to bed too early." I spent most of the day in the sewing mode and got a lot done.. just didn't FINISH. Plan on getting back to it after a quick trip to wally world for some last minute goodies for the pets to put under the tree. They like Presents, too!

Got plenty of the White Stuff and it should last til Christmas.. Haven't looked at the long range forecast.. I've had enough of the cold.. ready for the early warm up and Spring!! :D

I happen to understand you, Dianne. Too often the system gets abused and those who really need a helping hand are short changed. I know a couple who are professional Grabbers of Free Stuff. And they have hidden assets and both work with wages "under the table" coming in every week. Lord is gonna get 'em for that!!

And I like to read every post each morning or evening (when I have time to get here).. It seems to start my Day off on a positive note or ends it with Hope and Joy for a better tomorrow. Yo'z are the bestest peeps!!

CrazyMtnLady
December 22nd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Good morning. Looks like a calm morning here. All you that have that nasty weather going on please be careful. Jan, I can remember how brutal the winter could be in the Finger Lakes region of New York. I lived near Ithaca and those hills are not fun to drive in the snow!

Blondie I sure hope you start feeling better. You too Barb, take care of yourself. That is one advantage I have of living here in the boonies and not having to go out amongst the people. I rarely get sick. Just wish I could get rid of my aches and pains. We went and cut a load of wood yesterday and now my left hip and lower back are gone for a couple days. If I could afford it I would go see a Chiropractor because I think my hip is probably a pinched nerve because it hurts most of the time. I can't even run the vacuum cleaner without excruciating pain.

I got some triangles sewn together yesterday and then sewn with a full square and now am trimming them up. I hope to start sewing them together today. Now real pattern in mind, just going to sew.
I have tried to add few pictures to my album and to the show and tell but I am having problems getting any new pics to load. Will try to get that rectified soon.

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

aliaslaceygreen
December 22nd, 2012, 11:28 AM
Good morning! I am up, but don't go to work till 3 and don't get out till after midnight, so I may need to squeeze in a nap! I also realized I needed to start thinking about my resolutions for the new year!!! Yikes, how did THAT happen already???

Hope everyone has a great day!

quiltingtrish
December 22nd, 2012, 11:34 AM
Good morning everyone~~ sure is chilly and windy here. It is also starting to flurry a little heavier. Hope it doesn't lay. I have 1 kid that isn't home yet from working all night and another one that has to go in and give massages. Wouldn't worry too much if they didn't have mountains to go over both ways.

Today is a day filled with washing clothes and making pillowcases. Also have about 8 more snap bags to make. The ones I made and took into work were a hit with everyone. I even had one friend ask me if I would make some and sell them next year for her gifts to her nieces. Of course!! Was going to get a photo of the ones I made but only remembered AFTER I wrapped them all.

This kitten sure is cute - when she is sleeping. haha. Right now she is on my lap, snoozing and purring away.

Odie didn't get home last night. I stayed up until midnight thinking David went to get him at the airport, but he didn't come in behind him. I still have a few days for him to walk in the door.

Well, I was waiting for everyone in this house that lives here to get up and moving, but since it's already 9:30, think I'll start the wash and get started on the sewing. I also want to get a UFO list started for next year. I'll join up with that group once I get the list made.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Stay safe out there whoever has to go out. Prayers for those that could use them.

Hugs,

New York Sue
December 22nd, 2012, 11:34 AM
Good morning all!
I left work this morning, and went to our local mall (most stores opened at 7am). Now this is the time to shop! Ample parking, fresh and cheerful sales associates, and best yet, IN and OUT!
I usually avoid the mall, at all costs. I'm NOT a shopper, in the sense of the 'mall rat'. I'm a targeted shopper. I know what I need, and grab and go. A Co-worker of mine spends hours, and hours shopping at malls over the holidays. I would literally, lose my mind after the first hour of shopping with her!
95% of my Christmas shopping is done, right from my kitchen counter. God Bless the Internet!
That said, if you have to grab up some last minute gifts, go early! SO much more pleasant.
After some sleep, and a little dinner, Santa is coming for photos with Natalie Mae, my 3 month old GD! I know, I know...I KNOW. LOL
But she'll be able to reflect on pics in coming years....I CAN'T WAIT!!
Be safe, stay warm and ENJOY every minute with your loved ones, friends... ;)

meemeecyn
December 22nd, 2012, 11:36 AM
Happy Saturday! I strive to read each post on the Blondie's Daily Thread. Sometimes the day is done before that happens! Oh well, we try, right? It feels really good to stop in and connect with my quilter friends.

Off to do some last minute food shopping. Made Christmas cookies with the grandgirls earlier this week and need more butter and sugar to make a batch for the neighbor peeps!

Have a great day everyone. Prayers said for those in need.
Cynthia

cyndiofthevortex
December 22nd, 2012, 11:47 AM
Here I go! Last minute shopping trip with DH - I love any kind of date with him! Presents, stocking stuffers, Christmas dinner (the kids insist on lasagna every year) and who knows what else! I hate to shop but our list is short and I think we'll go out for lunch, which I just adore. Is that too strong a word? But I do adore it! Someone else cooking whatever I want, someone else cleaning it all up - you know how it is.

Cooking tomorrw. That's the great thing about lasagna. It just gets better as it sits in the fridge. Add a salad and some good hearty bread and we're good to go.

I am following Blondie's advice today and SMILING! Hope everyone has a great day.

Sandy Navas
December 22nd, 2012, 12:16 PM
Good Morning Ladies,
I see I am not the only one up early. Woke at four and laid there trying to go back to sleep but just could not shut the mind down. Looking forward to the next four days off other then having to go into work for 3 1/2 hours on Monday. Off to Wally world this morning to pick up a few last min items. Wayne wants to pick up some thing for his great nephews and I need to get a couple of gift cards for my grandsons. Still need to figure out what to fix for the Christmas meal don't really want another turkey, and we always have ham for New Years so just don't know what to do.

Wishing you all a wonderful day and to those who are running on fumes stay safe.

Dirty rice, jumbalya, crawfish pie, fille gumbo. Maybe some fried alligator belly. Not making fun - just listing some wonderful cajun-style foods!! YUMMY

BellasQuilts
December 22nd, 2012, 12:25 PM
Good morning quilty friends! 7:30 am here and you are all up and doing! We are going to get rain, which we need, today. It's breezy out here as well. Today I am making aprons and stockings for some last minute gifts. I'm off work until Jan. 2nd. Whoo hoo!

I don't know where that silly idea came from about the world ending because of the Mayans...all they needed to do is flip it over..it continues on the other side! Seriously, people will make up the strangest things. Have fun today and hugs to all!

New York Sue
December 22nd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Here I go! Last minute shopping trip with DH - I love any kind of date with him! Presents, stocking stuffers, Christmas dinner (the kids insist on lasagna every year) and who knows what else! I hate to shop but our list is short and I think we'll go out for lunch, which I just adore. Is that too strong a word? But I do adore it! Someone else cooking whatever I want, someone else cleaning it all up - you know how it is.

Cooking tomorrw. That's the great thing about lasagna. It just gets better as it sits in the fridge. Add a salad and some good hearty bread and we're good to go.

I am following Blondie's advice today and SMILING! Hope everyone has a great day.

'Adore' is not to strong of a word, when getting a lunch date with your DH! I'm envious.
It's 'old school', for sure, and probably replaced by 'awesome' or 'rad', or some inane text message language, I would find undeciferable.
Wouldn't we look foolish acting like a twenty year old, anyway?!
;)

buckeyequilter
December 22nd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Hello....

I was up early this morning and went shopping - took DH along too. Got all the last minute stocking stuffers and groceries. Then fed him some breakfast and stopped at the LQS on the way home. He told me to do some shopping for myself and that is where I wanted to shop - he waited patiently in the car for me. We got home about 10:30 and I put the groceries away and took a break. I am working on my DD's quilt now and then have a couple of ornaments to finish up.

Well better get back to it...have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

MRoy
December 22nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
Good morning or good afternoon depending on where you are. Been straightening the house and getting ready for company...DS and his girlfriend arrive later this afternoon. The sewing machine and cutting mat have been temporarily relocated off the dining room table. We'll have Christmas dinner tomorrow and they'll head back to northern KY on Monday. Then I'll have the rest of Monday and Tuesday pretty much to myself for some R&R.

shannonsaulter
December 22nd, 2012, 02:23 PM
Happy Saturday to all for my family its Christmas dinner today since me and my DD will both be working Christmas day in the evening...someone has to...Hope everyone has a great day the house is smelling good and its time for another cup of joe...

Claire Hallman
December 22nd, 2012, 02:27 PM
Have fun with all the family arriving, the last minute gift search, the cooking and even the cleaning. Bless all of you for the joy you bring to all your families and to me.

lilmouse
December 22nd, 2012, 02:43 PM
Morning all, since I got sick last weekend I seem to be sleeping 10 and 11 hours a night...so unusual for me, my normal is about six hours for several days and then a long sleep! Must need it....thinking of all of you and I read everything on Blondies' post until I reply; sometimes I check back and sometimes I don't. Working today and tomorrow and on Monday but in the morning; not in the evening. I am in shock, my boss at the restaurant is closing on Christmas Eve day at 2:00pm...he never closes early then....this year he is finally!
I am off on Christmas Day and I have some hours at Joann's the rest of the week, need to write down that schedule! Still don't know when Steve will be home....the company has them busy running to all the area Walmart stores (Wisconsin). He said this morning they are bringing in more trucks to help; he has already made three runs for them since yesterday morning.....closest he got to me was Milwaukee and not in time for me to do a quick run up for breakfast and a kiss and hug.....and yes we have done that in the past....but with my work schedule it sometimes doesn't work out!
Shannon I hope you have a wonderful Christmas since you are celebrating early.....will you and hubby get overtime pay for working the holiday?
Hope everyone has a great holiday and that no one gets sick! Praying for all who need prayers and sending hugs to all my forum friends...you all have kept me sane this year!

sewbizzy
December 22nd, 2012, 03:40 PM
Good afternoon everyone...hugs and blessings to all...I haven't been on much this week...dh was in the hospital with blood clots again...he is home now and has give himself shots in the stomach until tomorrow...
I haven't been in my sewing room, but I am doing some cross stitch when I have time...just finished up grocery shopping for everyone to be here on Monday for dinner and opening of presents...the little ones are so excited...
our dd is having surgery next Thursday for a deviated septum that has been bothering her for quite a few years...
and one of our dil's Mom is very sick and was put on hospice care yesterday...oldest son is still very sick with his gall bladder and liver...he will meet with the liver transplant team this week...
it sounds like a lot and it is, but I am so thankful that we will still be together for the holidays...
Hugs and blessings to you all...Prayers being sent to everyone that needs them...

Musical_Starling
December 22nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
does anyone really read every morning post? . . LOL*~

I most certainly do :D

pcbatiks
December 22nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
Blondie and Bubby.......I hope you don't get the flu so that you can relax and enjoy your time with family. Carol....I am wishing and praying for the very best for your family.

As of about an hour ago I can officially say that I Am Done with shopping, wrapping, stuffing stockings and baking. Yeah for me...yippeee!!!!!!!! We will probably have chicken and dumplings or soup for Christmas...........one pot and easy to prepare. My mom & I went to Target yesterday afternoon. We each had one more gift to buy. The traffic was horrendous.....thankfully that's the only place we had to go. I wanted to pick up a Christmas Story ornament for our son's new girl friend. When we met her Thursday night at my parents house.......she quoted a few lines from the Christmas Story movie as we where opening gifts! We recognized what she was doing right away and had a good laugh with her! So we bought her a Ralphie in the bunny suit ornament.

I did say I was finished with Christmas gifts but now I need to finish my MIL's quilt......but I still have a little bit of time. We will see them after Christmas. Hoping all of you have a stress free Christmas and I know we will all be thankful for everything and everyone in our lives this year! Safe travels to all of you.........may everyone's Christmas be filled with lots of laughs, hugs, good food, fun and maybe even some fabric! :)