PDA

View Full Version : An update on Daisy World

Divine Daisy
December 20th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I am so sorry I have not been around, and ty to Jean and Sandy for the email nudges :)

Mr D has suffered something of a setback, due to damage done to his lungs from Radiotherapy. Also the huge drugs he received to strip his bone marrow ready for his transplant have really knocked him about. So life is here is busy and focused on caring for him. I am just trying to keep my head above water for now, trying also to get the odd bit of work done at the same time.

I managed to slice the tip of my right forefinger cooking and then the next day I sewed the forefinger of my left hand lol. This has made sewing very difficult and with the list not getting any shorter I have been stressing. I am pretty sure the cause of these accidents is exhaustion but really there is no cure for now.

I had a nice suprise when my eldest daughter arrived to stay overnight on tuesday. It was really so lovely to see her and spend some time with her. I did manage to get an 8ft tablerunner finished for her b/f's mother. I promised myself no more beading before Christmas but hey ho. It got done except for one christmas tree that needed more beads and I sent it back with Heather to finish.

Ty to everyone for their kind thoughts, they are all appreciated truely.

I have so had enough of 2012 so heres to a better 2013 for everyone!

bkthomas
December 20th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Here's wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and a most wonderful New Year Mr. & Mrs. Daisy!!!

.....and as always my prayers are with you both!

MayinJerset
December 20th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Oh Daisy, so sorry the news isn't better but we're all thinking of your and Mr. Daisy. Most certainly a much better 2013 is in the cards for the Daisy's. So glad your DD came for a visit, bet it gave you a bit of a boost. But no more sharp knives or needles, your hands are too precious. May in Jersey

pcbatiks
December 20th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Daisy......so good to hear from you. Still praying that Mr D will start to feel better and regain his strength very soon. Wishing both of you a very restful and relaxing Christmas. It has been a rough year for you and Mr D.......hoping and praying for the very best for the new year!

Winniesfriend
December 20th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the update Daisy, I keep wondering how you and Mr D are, as I am sure a lot of other forum members do, I also wish you had some better news, I'm with you in I have had enough of 2012 and hope for a much better year in 2013, Continued hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 20th, 2012, 06:30 PM
This was wonderful to hear from you, although I had hoped you would be saying the two of you were partying your brains out, guess it's a party but not a very fun one. Just know we're holding you both in our hearts and prayers.

Gayle8675309
December 20th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I'm still praying for you and Mr. Daisy. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Gayle

Lisapc
December 20th, 2012, 07:25 PM
My husband had 2 stem cell transplants in 7 weeks. The prep chemo took a lot out of him and they don't prepare you for that. If you need to talk to someone who has been there please email me. The days waiting for his counts to go up are nerve wracking and you need to reach out. I am praying for you both.

K. McEuen
December 20th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Glad to know that you are still lurking about. I hope the damage done to Mr. D's lungs isn't permanent. I have a friend that had chemo for breast cancer that damaged her heart. She just got off the meds, after 5 years, and is so happy to not have to take them anymore. I guess her heart has finally repaired itself.

I bet it was a nice visit with your daughter, hope she comes back soon.

Monique
December 20th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Daisy, sorry to hear that Mr. D. is having such a hard time of it. Prayers being said. Try and have a wonderful Christmas and may 2013 bring good health and prosperity.

Sandy Navas
December 20th, 2012, 10:33 PM
New sign on the DD homestead:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6a/No_sharp_objects_sign_at_Gatwick_Airport.jpg

Hope you don't have too much pain from your injuries!! Love you so very much!!

CrazyMtnLady
December 20th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Ms Daisy it is so good to hear from you. There is not a day goes by that you and Mr. D are not in my thoughts and prayers. I do pray that the new year will be so much better for you and that the healing will be quick.
God Bless you both.

Donna F
December 21st, 2012, 12:16 AM
I'm thinking about you both. I sure hope you rest soon, it sounds like you need it. Give Mr D a kiss on the noggin for us all!

lilmouse
December 21st, 2012, 02:22 AM
Ms Daisy, keeping both of you in my heart and in my prayers...you are so loved here....stay away from sharp implements or at least be aware when you have to use them....I do things like that all the time; but I don't have your talent...so no big deal for me....for you it would be disasterous.....you are so talented...sending my love and hugs to both of you....and am missing your sense of wit here...not the same without you....take care now, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and may 2013 be a good year of health for both of you!

Musical_Starling
December 21st, 2012, 04:12 AM
We love hearing your updates, even if they aren't always the great news we've been hoping for. Saying an extra prayer for you and the Mr., and hoping that DD shows up a little more often to help her momma out and put a smile on momma's face :)

MRoy
December 21st, 2012, 08:52 AM
It's good to hear from you Daisy. Mr. D and you are in my prayers. I'm hoping he turns the corner and starts feeling better real soon. Girl, be careful with yourself and sharp tools! I'm glad you had a great visit with your daughter. Wishing you and yours a wonderful, blessed Christmas! Hugs and prayers!

quilter.martha
December 21st, 2012, 09:23 AM
We'll keep praying through the remainder of this tough year and will keep praying into 2013 (and beyond if necessary) until neither of you need them anymore! Hang in there Daisy, better times are just around the corner.

Granny Judy
December 21st, 2012, 10:54 AM
I, too, was so glad (relieved) to hear from you.. Praying for you both as we close out this year. Know that you are loved and missed by so many of us here. Huggers from me to you..

NanaB
December 21st, 2012, 11:21 AM
Daisy, it is so good to hear from you. I hope that Mr. D will get better soon. I know it must be hard to keep faith and patience while you wait for him to improve. Hopefully his lungs will improve soon and he will start to turn around. I know your visit with DD helped to take your mind off the situation for a while. Take care of yourself. We need those fingers of yours to stay on your hands!!! Love and prayers attached. Merry Christmas and hopes for a better New Year.

auntiemern
December 22nd, 2012, 01:19 AM
So happy to get an update. Wish it were better news. Just remember and never forget, we are all here for you. Thinking of you, wishing well for you, and praying for Mr. D to feel better. Remember to take care of yourself during this terribly stressful time.

janluna
December 22nd, 2012, 02:27 AM
Daisy and Mr. Daisy, Joe and I are keeping you both in our prayers and keep sending Healing thoughts to both as well. I'm so sorry this has happened. Sometimes I wonder what good radiation does. It may kill bad things but it leaves behind bad things too. Are you going to have to cancel your trip in January? I hope not. You both deserve to go to your special place. You must get some sleep darling girl. I worry about your health too. Please take Sandy's sign and hang it in your kitchen and in your sewing room. I know you are over tired and over stressed. Please handle sharp things and things that are hot with care. Love you both, Hugs and Prayers, Jan & Joe L.