PDA

View Full Version : Bad hair day here in Iowa...

Genny
December 20th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Talk about a bad hair day here in Iowa, blizzard conditions( 45 to 50 wind gusts ) and lots of snow. Our old windows are rattling and my old house is creaking but I'm nice and warm and sitting here drinking hot chocolate. I just went back to a job in a sewing factory where I had worked for over 20 years and we get off till after Christmas so I'm going to just sit around and relax. I can't wait till my husband gets home from work because hes a snow plow driver for the county and I'm always worried about him when hes out in these storms.

Hope everyone in this storm and the path of this storm is safe and warm.

lilmouse
December 20th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Steve is sitting at a semi dealership while they repair his truck in Davenport....figures he will put the chains on and roll as soon as they are done repairing the truck........I hope it takes awhile to get it fixed, don't like the idea of him out in that....here we have rain, no snow as of yet but were predicted 4 -6 inches....nothing so far!

K. McEuen
December 20th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I know we had terrible winds yesterday. I walked out in it and my hair wrapped around my head. I was scared to brush it when I got home. Those kinds of tangles hurt! We had a very light snow here in town, mostly rain sprinkles. The mountains were getting snow and I imagine the people in the foothills were as well. I'm glad my house is where it is, another mile or so to the east makes a big difference in the amount of snow falling.

Bubby
December 20th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Genny..We're having the same weather and getting our first snow of the year right now. I drove to WalMart earlier today and had a hard time staying on the 2-lane road! DH is coming home from work sick. Before that happens, I want to take a walk in the woods while it's snowing. Stay warm and safe everyone!! Barb

buckeyequilter
December 20th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Everyone stay safe. Right now we're getting rain and just a little wind. Looks like we're only supposed to get 1 - 3" and some wind, just enough to make driving treacherous. I have to make a quick stop at the store, after work, then going home and hang out with my sewing machine.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 20th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Big wind here in St. Louis but so far just some flurries. It was enough to get you excited but it quit before covering anything. Wonder what it is like in Hmilton, Mo! Home of the mothership.

stitching woman
December 20th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Good morning I am about 20 minutes south of Hamilton and we have 3 to 4 inches of snow but we also have a four foot drift in our north driveway. The wind is very strong and the power has been going off and on all morning.

Wishing all of you a very merry Christmas and safe travels.

grannyann
December 20th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Stay safe everybody. It is very windy here in Illinois but I went out for my afternoon walk before it gets real bad. I love walking in the cool crisp air with the wind blowing.Our temps dropped about 7 degrees already. Got my buckeyes made this morning and walked two miles about 7:30 am so now I am pooping out.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 20th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Good morning I am about 20 minutes south of Hamilton and we have 3 to 4 inches of snow but we also have a four foot drift in our north driveway. The wind is very strong and the power has been going off and on all morning.

Wishing all of you a very merry Christmas and safe travels. I hear the interstate in NW Mo is closed.

CrazyMtnLady
December 20th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I am so glad the snow decided to stay north today. We had a little flurry here but no major snow. Our problem is wind. We went out twice to put the carport tent back on it's spot then decided to tie it to a tree to keep it in place. They were saying we were having 50 mile an hour wind gusts, Our power has flick off and back on a few times today but never stayed off. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one though since we live in an area that is all trees, the likelihood of a tree blowing down on a power line is pretty good.
Stay safe.

New York Sue
December 20th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Stay safe and warm, friends! I hear this storm front is headed our way for Christmas... :(

Monique
December 20th, 2012, 10:26 PM
The storm is headed this way tonight. All in total, we should be getting about a foot of snow. At least the weather looks good for Christmas.