PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Wake Up Greetings

Blondie
December 19th, 2012, 08:12 AM

Happy Wednesday Morning!

Do you ever wake up with the feeling that you are late and you really arent? Have you ever had a dream that lingered way after you woke up? Gosh, folksies that is exactly what I am feeling this morning.
Firstly, I woke up thinking I was late for the salon. Literally JUMPED up and ran to the closet to get dressed, paying no attention that it was still dark outside. My dear hubs walks in after hearing my frantic movements; I give him the evil eye and say How could you let me sleep so late? He stood there quietly looking at me as he leaned against the door frame and remarked that I needed to jump back in and sleep some more. I was having none of that. Then I started thinking about my dream. I don't have the colorful motion picture quality dreams of my Daddy, Sis, or Daughter. I have normal ordinary mind filing away the day type of dreams. Oh yes, I do have some dreams now and then that catch my attention and I also have some that I feel are important - we all do. My dreams are largely filled up with people I don't know, but in my world of dreams, I suppose because I am omniscient I know everyone. In this dream I was cutting up names and addresses from phone books and stuffing them in envelopes. I could see myself counting out little strips of names, one line at a time from the phone books, and then putting them in envelopes. There was a gentleman who was teaching me how to do this. Oy. He resembled the man who played in The Nanny. He was telling me if once I had enough envelopes completely stuffed, he would mail them for me and my day could begin but I needed to hurry so I wouldn't be late.
Okay, now that I've bored you back to sleep with this foolishness, I feel better. This is the kind of silliness that annoys me. What a nonsensical dream! But here I sit, still with that feeling of being late.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. I do love my family. Mom came over earlier than she is normally up. She told my birth story - it has become quite a tradition for each of us to hear our birth stories. My brother gave me a DVD of old family super 8's that he salvaged from sure ruin and what a hoot. These little films were taken from 1958 -1961. Everytime I am in the shot, I am either laughing, dancing or eating.
There you have it. Some things never change. Truly. It was a real epiphany for me. I realized that I am still that laughing little blonde headed girl with long curls, dancing the hokey pokey or Mexican Hat Dance and picking up my baby sister as a dance partner, hugging and kissing on her and sharing my peanut butter sandwich with her. Hubs commented, you must have been born with a smile and laugh. Yep. Pretty much.

See y'all later. Gots to find out what I am late for . . .

Monique
December 19th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Good morning friends.

Blondie, I have had dreams that linger, but it hasn't happened in a while. I don't like those.

Yesterday, weather wise, was awful. I drove in VERY wet snow to get to quilting day. I took my time, but it was very slippery.

I did finish the last of the place mats and I made one of those rice bags (used buckwheat) for a friend with a flannelette covering and then delivered it. We had a nice visit.

Today we will help sister-in-law put up her Christmas lights and then off to Renfrew to finish up the last of the shopping. My mother-in-law will come with us and finish up what she has to do. Then it will be back to cleaning. UGH!!

That's my day, very boring. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Only 6 sleeps left.

janluna
December 19th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Good Morning Blondie! I have dreams like that too. I also dream about my Dad, among others.It is very strong when I dream abut certain people. Those dreams stick with me. I don't forget them. Watch your mailbox, as you have a box coming to you. I'd say about Friday or Monday, it should arrive. Have a great day! And I hope you're not late for anything. I hate getting up like that. Heart pumping, and wondering where you are supposed to be and what time it is you are supposed to be there. Your mind races and it's such a let down when nothing happens. Hope your Birthday was special. Happy belated birthday! God Bless you with many more. Love and Hugs, Jan L.

Bubby
December 19th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Morning...

DH worked 17 hours yesterday and dragged in around midnight worn to a frazzle. He's getting ready to go back in a few minutes. Long day for him.

I may be away most of the day and possibly all night. I will take Miss Molly and her gear with me. Wishing everyone a good day with hugs...Barb

MRoy
December 19th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Good morning! Getting ready for another work day here. Yesterday was a stressful day for me, I don't know if it was just me or what was going on at work or a combo of both. I sure hope today is better. Speaking of dreams...have you ever had dreams that turned out to be more like premonitions?

aliaslaceygreen
December 19th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Good morning! Showered, coffee in front of me... three work days with normal hours, and then Saturday. 3pm till MIDNIGHT we are open.

Please, tell me what we have that (royal) you need at MIDNIGHT??? We don't sell milk, bread or penicillin.

We are out of or so low on Christmas decor that you are going to be grumpy about the fact we don't have 19 bright red bows left for all your front windows...and you can't make intelligent decisions about framing artwork at that hour, either. Can't WAIT till Christmas is finished.

Oh, and guess what? Apparently we've run THIS manager off, too. His last day is the 28th. Can't say I am sorry to see him go, but really? He was the 7th mgr in the building in the past 13 months. Think it is seriously time to find someplace else to put in my 40 hours...

CrazyMtnLady
December 19th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Good Morning All. Blondie hope you aren't late. Dreaming about stuffing envelopes maybe you forgot to mail something out that is in the back of your mind.

Yesterday, I brought in all the wood we had cut and split and got it stacked up. Today I HAVE to go get hay because I used up the last bale yesterday and I know Pete and Katie will start whinnying and hee-hawing at me if I don't get them some hay. I also got my Eggnog Cookies frosted. I still need to frost the gingerbread ones though.

I went through my stash yesterday and found some fabric with roses on it and decided it will be my next Rope Bowl. So today I am going to get my strips cut in between all the other things I have to do.

We are suppose to get some storms late tonight and possibly some snow tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day. Hugs and prayers to all.

Musical_Starling
December 19th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Good morning all! I hate waking up with a fright, always seems to put the whole day off for me. I do have dreams where I wake up and am still utterly confused though, probably with something as silly as cutting names from a phone book and stuffing them in envelopes :D

Finishing up that blasted twister wreath, finally. Spent two days mulling over what to use for a backing, and then realized "Hmm, I have 16 charm squares left over, what a perfect way to use them! :D So I'm going to use them and trim the top a little so I can just pull it over from the back and use it as binding as well :)

Have a wacky Wednesday all!

pcbatiks
December 19th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone, Blondie maybe you were dreaming about all the organizing you did on the Christmas SS swap! It's almost here now.
Thought you all might enjoy this video........too funny!

http://improveverywhere.com/2012/04/01/quadruplets/

Lisapc
December 19th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Blondie, I usually do not remember my dreams. I never really did until my hubby was sick, fine now but a long hard battle with cancer the doctors say is a miracle he won. Anyway I started having nightmares when he was sick. Not about him but my kids. The only good dreams that I remember are the two dreams about my kids. One each while pregnant with each of them. I saw my daughters face and son's face before they were born. In both dreams they were the opposite sex and I was arguing that they were wrong it isn't a boy it's a girl and the opposite for my son even though the argument was with a different person. I had a nightmare so bad right after my husband received a clean bill of health that I didn't sleep or stop crying for 2 days. I was a wreck but all is well now.

I just try to remember that some dreams mean the exact opposite of what we are interpreting them to be when it is bad.

Today I create, sew, clean, bake, make candy and bubble bath! I need the bubble bath. I wish us all the peace we need and a great Wednesday.

MayinJerset
December 19th, 2012, 10:43 AM
The dreams that I remember are mostly the ones I've had when I've fallen asleep watching tv and the 'dream' is really what's happening on the tv.

DH and I had a very nice simple lesiure lunch yesterday with our friends. A few years ago we decided to have our Christmas visit early before our families arrive and things get hectic. DH just left to have a Christmas Breakfast with his old pals from work, so I'm heading out early to pick up some gifts for him and some eggs at the farm market for Christmas baking. First I want to scan a photo of Tim, DS#3, who is 47 today. I want to post it with Bday wishes on his Facebook page, so he'll see it when he gets up this morning out in CA. May

(Recent photo of Tim and if you click on the attached stuff you'll see his kindergarden photo. Its at 156% but if you change that to 50% you can view the photo better. That's the one I scanned but can't seem to get it in the right size or mode for showing in the message. )

bakermom
December 19th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Oh blondie i can relate! i don't usually remember my dreams but I used to wake up in a panic thinking I forgot to get the kids off to school(or pick them up or whatever). Remember i work nights-have since the kids were small so my whole sleeping mode is totally out of whack.

Granny Judy
December 19th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Dreams seem to allow our minds to experience some real events in a way we can accept and let go.. at least that is what My Granny used to tell me. Dreamed of the enchanted world last night.. with Hot and Cold people... The New furnace is in and warming me nicely.. and the cold wasn't too bad without it. Thus I can let go of my fears of freezing(cold people).

Love the IMPROV... good way to start the day. Big ol Smile on my face. No big plans for today.. just working on the the Harley Man's quilt. I checked my stash for the styro foam balls/eggs.. none, nada, zip, zero. So those little items are on my "shopping" list. along with the pins. I'm thinking Next Year won't catch me without lots of gifts for those special peeps in my life. I was playin CATCH UP with the vintage ornaments....(done and sent)

Prayers to all who are in need and hugs to those who need one... 34280

cyndiofthevortex
December 19th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Good morning, everyone. My dreams are vivid, full-color motion picture dreams that I can remember much of when I wake up from them. DH gets jealous when I tell him of them as his are flat and boring and easily forgotten. I love most of my dreams now but hated the ones during pregnancy. Those were always scary. Did anyone else experience this?

During 9-11 we were having a major family tragedy and I was swept up in my own life and did not have the reaction that most had when the WTC towers came down. But Newtown is my 9-11. It is weighing heavily on me and I am crying a lot over it. I will give my family a happy, love-filled Christmas but those families who lost children will never be far from my mind. Last night I learned of a quilt shop that is collecting pillowcases to give to the surviving 600 children of Sandy Hook. I posted a link if anyone is interested. I pulled out some cute kiddie prints last night and hope to spend the day sewing some up and praying for the children who will receive them. It is a tangible way I can reach out in love to them.

Sandy Navas
December 19th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I think I had best pop in quick and then pop out. Otherwise I may make some comments that are best kept to myself. MEN!!!

I sure hope everyone has a wonderful day, filled with happiness and good times.

lilmouse
December 19th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Hope everyone has a good day, nothing special going on here...love and hugs to all, prayers of course!

MayinJerset
December 19th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Last night I learned of a quilt shop that is collecting pillowcases to give to the surviving 600 children of Sandy Hook. I posted a link if anyone is interested. I pulled out some cute kiddie prints last night and hope to spend the day sewing some up and praying for the children who will receive them. It is a tangible way I can reach out in love to them

Cindy where is the link to send pillowcases? I'm co-coordinator of my guild's Project Pillowcases and really know first hand how much a bright and cheerful pillowcase brings a little bit of a smile or happiness to a child. We're distributed all that we had to local hospitals but I could run up a few and send them along to that quilt shop. May

cyndiofthevortex
December 19th, 2012, 02:06 PM
May, it's in a new thread I posted this morning and also here: http://www.quilterscorneronline.com/

Some blogs are recommending Jenny's pillowcase tutorial, which I think is just great. They are so quick and easy.

It is a great way to bless and comfort a child.

HandsOffItsMine
December 19th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Last night I learned of a quilt shop that is collecting pillowcases to give to the surviving 600 children of Sandy Hook. I posted a link if anyone is interested. I pulled out some cute kiddie prints last night and hope to spend the day sewing some up and praying for the children who will receive them. It is a tangible way I can reach out in love to them

Cindy where is the link to send pillowcases? I'm co-coordinator of my guild's Project Pillowcases and really know first hand how much a bright and cheerful pillowcase brings a little bit of a smile or happiness to a child. We're distributed all that we had to local hospitals but I could run up a few and send them along to that quilt shop. May

May - It's Quilters Corner who has startered the 600 Pillowcases for Sandy Hook Elementary School

Their address is:

Quilters Corner, 312 Danbury Rd, New Milford, CT. 06776.

The FB link announcement is here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Canton-Village-Quilt-Works/355001000860

shannonsaulter
December 19th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Good Morning Everyone I am excited...Its my FRIDAY!!!!! 4 days off...we are doing Christmas dinner on Sat since I work Christmas day So tomorrow a shopping I will go!!! I have ordered some fanbric and notions and can't wait to get at it! Hope everyone has a great day and finds at least one smile today!

quiltingtrish
December 19th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Hello all~
Sandy has a problem with MEN today. Mine is the noisy older teenagers. Do love they are here, however, can it be quiet some of the time? haha.
Here is a funny. Odie asked me a question the other day and while answering I mentioned that since I didn't know when he was coming home for Christmas that I was already praying for his pilots. Other son, David, keeps telling me he can't come home. So, Odie says that David is right. That he has a major field problem that week. I tell him that he can't fool his mom cause remember I spent 21 years in the Army and know that Commanders don't schedule major field problems for the week of Christmas. I don't care what kind of unit you are in. David tells me again today that Odie can't come home and starts smiling. I told him to 'look me in the eye and tell me that!" Of course, he couldn't. I can always catch their little white lies. And they know it. Guess I better get this house and tree decorated since I know he could pop in the door anytime between now and Tuesday.

Hugs,