PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Nine patch vs Tossed Nine patch

Honeybear
November 1st, 2010, 08:45 AM
First quilt I made, was the Tossed Nine patch...using Eleanor Burns pattern. Is it the same? Or what is different? When I made the Tossed...the center square of all nine patches were the same. After the nine patch was cut, that center square was the basis for placing the pieces in the rows..matched at the point, by rows...I know this is not a good explanation..sorry...

Lola2Ace
November 1st, 2010, 11:51 AM
Honeybear, I looked up the Tossed 9 Patch by Eleanor Burns and it looks to be the same thing.
I am including a link to a blog with a tutorial on the D9 patch and she shows a couple of different layouts for the cut 9 patch blocks. Of course, with the different layouts of the cut blocks there is a different layout to the fabric before sewing together the 9 patches, but you will see what I mean when you look at her tutorial. I love this tutorial, not associated with the blog writer, just love her stuff!

http://obsessivelystitching.blogspot.com/2010/04/first-quilt-ever.html
Lola

Honeybear
November 5th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Lola,
Thanks so much. I will check out the site.

Angie from Indiana
November 8th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I am making this disappearing nine patch for my daughter. I used the you tube tutorial. I wasn't sure how to turn my blocks, but I think it works :)

Lola2Ace
November 8th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Angie, I really like your quilt top. It looks like you turned them just right.
I have a quilt top in progress, that realllly needs to get done, and I turned my blocks just like you did for yours.
Lola

pdjewelrylady
November 8th, 2010, 05:09 PM
vry nice bright and colorful - she will love it!! :)