PDA

View Full Version : It's November!

Blondie
November 1st, 2010, 07:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Coffee/c181.jpg

Good Morning, lovely ladies

Can you believe it is November???

I enjoyed seeing your halloween pics, Patti. Such a cutie little lion.

This past weekend flew by; we don't get trick or treaters out in the country.
I have been trying to get the deal of the day but with no success. Hoping that they are not sold out already; I've been trying for almost an hour. Sigh.

Nothing much going on here; have to go and check out a new salon this morning so I will check back in later.

patticakes
November 1st, 2010, 10:38 AM
Monday, Monday....can't trust that day.... (Mama's and the Papa's - I think???)
I slept like crap last night but am up and running this am! All I managed to get sewn this weekend are some strips for the binding that I need to put on the 1st quilt. I cut 2 1/2" strips, stitched then ironed them with one side folded. Just have to stitch it on tonight and I can start the handstitching - my favorite part!
Still racking my brain for quilt #2 - I really have too many ideas but once I just make a decision on which fabric I am going to use (I have several layer cakes and jelly rolls) then I can settle down and work on it.
So excited by the new block swap! Anyone else joining??
Well I am going to get real busy to make this week go by because after Friday I am on vacation for a week!!
Take care - hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

Lola2Ace
November 1st, 2010, 12:06 PM
Good morning all!
Blondie, I hope things go better than hoped for the possible new salon!
Patticakes, I know what you mean about sleeping like crap, I must remember to take Advil before bed for the aches and pains! Your pics from Halloween are sooo cute!
The weekend was busy for me too. On Saturday I got all of the blocks for 1 rag quilt cut and decided on the layout, most of the blocks for a 2nd rag quilt cut-but ran out of what I was using for the back and got all of the X's stitched on the blocks for the 1st one! Yesterday Hubby and I watched Ace, but we made it to JoAnn's for more of the flannel for the backing, so I will be back in business on the 2nd one. I got quite a bit of crocheting done while Ace
and hubby :icon_rolleyes: were napping.
Today, I have sewn the blocks into rows on the 1st rag quilt, done a load of laundry and have started on packing away my summer clothes and getting out the winter stuff. I am cleaning out what I don't wear/doesn't fit/is worn out at the same time. Soon, I will have to get ready for work, but I am hoping to get a few of the rows sewn together.
Wishing everybody a lovely day!
Lola

sewsoft
November 1st, 2010, 01:17 PM
Hi Ladies, I slept so bad last night as well. I am also thinking of doing the new block swap. I have never done one before but since I'm a beginner I'm afraid this block will be to hard for me :icon_eek:. I really like the block style. Can someone please tell me when you are done with the blocks do you mail them all in one package to one person and she swaps them around and sends them out or do we put them all in separate envelopes to send each individual person? It looks like 11 people have joined this new swap :icon_rofl: it looks like it will be fun.

pdjewelrylady
November 1st, 2010, 02:00 PM
sorry to hear you ladies did not sleep well.... i think i slept over for all of you!! LOL

blondie, you let me know when you get the new salon ready and i just may have to make a trip up to get this mop styled by a pro! that would be fun!

sewsoft, the fan block is an easy beginner block. you do need to have the dresden ruler - it is for sale in the msqc shop. join us in the swap and you will be a pro dresden maker by febuary! (there are no quilt police in our swaps!!) right ladies :)
i and all the ladies will work along with each other and make it stress free and fun as possible. :D on or by the mail date 2/25 you will send all of your blocks in one package to me and i will swap them out with all of the other ladies blocks and mail them back to you so you receive back a completly all different set of blocks! Then the real fun is putting them all together! :icon_woohoo:these are going to be amazing!! :icon_woohoo:

Laura108
November 1st, 2010, 04:20 PM
Afternoon Ladies :)
..Count me in on the swap. I've never made a fan but ..hey we are quilting sisters and we can do anything.
Patti your pics are adorable.
Blondie good luck on the salon hunt. I can't imagine how bittersweet that can be...I had my hairdresser for over 20 years then moved....That bond is not easily broken.
Jan and SewSoft big hugs I miss you two.
Gina hope all is well ..and you got the cyber hug I sent you.
Hillbilly I saw your blog about Logan on one of the blogs I hit on...wow are you busy enough? homeschooling,blogging, heading the christmas ornament swap ...I wish I had your energy!
Well Im off to sew for a few then to finish the sewing room so I can start this applique. I just love the way it looks but cant for the life of me figure out a style I can actually do ..and have a finished product quickly.....any suggestions?
I still want to do cathedral window but wow at how much fabric you need and I am just not adding anymore til I use this up....famous last words lol
Hexagons I have to say I like ...I do them in bed watching tv ....that is until Rodney rolls over on a pin then all ...sewing in there will be done lol...
PS Jenny for President...LOL ....Im so so proud of her but that might be pushing it LOL
hugs and love

janluna
November 1st, 2010, 05:42 PM
I can't believe it's November. One month to Christmas. Oh brother. I'm not ready for Thanksgiving let alone Christmas.
I've been sewing charm squares together for the charm quilt and also working on my hand quilting. But I have to stop and do the books for our business. Yuck. Uncle Sam, and in New York, Uncle patterson aren't very patient for their part of our money. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas but I hate books. Oh well gotta do it so we don't share a cell.
Have a good day all. I miss you too Laura. I wish I could buy a storage unit for my knitting machines so I could have a room for sewing. Right now I share the bird room. After I sew for about an hour the birds start screeching cause they don't like the sound of the sewing machine. LOL So they screech and I go rest my back and then start again.
It's cold and gloomy today. We had our first snowfall last night. It stuck until this morning. I knew it was coming cause my back and legs started burning, and sure enough there it was. I make a good weather person.
Ok, I'm really hushing up now. bye. Love, Jan :icon_hug:

ginampls
November 1st, 2010, 08:21 PM
Hyde ho there folks... well, yeah trick or treating was a success i have lots of candy for me... i had done some chores.. like sort paper... i hate paper... like bills and important stuff. i am still getting mail addressed to Bill... kinda hard... usually a shopper type of mailing... but good golly it has been two years.... so thanks for letting me get that off my chest...:icon_calm: but now to get a grip on sewing area. which is also my bedroom....oh yes of coarse i have giant king sized bed....
all the best gina from northern MN

pdjewelrylady
November 1st, 2010, 10:46 PM
Hyde ho there folks... well, yeah trick or treating was a success i have lots of candy for me... i had done some chores.. like sort paper... i hate paper... like bills and important stuff. i am still getting mail addressed to Bill... kinda hard... usually a shopper type of mailing... but good golly it has been two years.... so thanks for letting me get that off my chest...:icon_calm: but now to get a grip on sewing area. which is also my bedroom....oh yes of coarse i have giant king sized bed....
all the best gina from northern MN
know what cha mean.... my first husband has been gone 16 yrs, i have moved five times and changed my name.... still get mail addressd to him..... good golly is putting it nicely!! :icon_doh::icon_shake: