PDA

View Full Version : Surprise visit by nephew and family

MayinJerset
December 18th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Just recevied a phone call from my sister Patti that our nephew Tom and family will be in NY & NJ later this week and they would like to see some of the family. We haven't seen Tom or his family since his mother, our sister Louise, passed away about 5 years ago. He's in the Army and they live in Colorado Springs, CO. Something went wrong on his job about 7 years ago so he quit it and joined the Army when he was about 35, think he had been in the reserves. Contact with him has been sparse and I'm glad we all will get a chance to see him, his wife and 4 daughters. Patti's son and wife offered to hold a get together in the basement of their apartment building. It's a huge space with a full kitchen, bathroom, play room, TV room and large area to set up tables and chairs. Really will make a nice Christmas for us all.

Tom and Gina were living in NJ when their first child was expected and I made a little quilt for the baby shower. Was going to make another one when they were expecting their 2nd baby but Gina told me she'd rather I teach her how to make a quilt, She came over several times for lessons and was doing very well. Soon after that is when they left the area. I had asked her several times by email or Facebook if she continued making quilts but she never responded. Earlier this year I saw on Facebook that they were expecting another child and Gina and I 'talked' every once in awhile. When DD #4 was born I began a little quilt that I never finished. Hope I have enough time to finish it this week and mabye make the 3 older girls a fun pillowcase as they will be in NY & NJ over Christmas.

lilmouse
December 18th, 2012, 12:56 AM
I am happy for you and hope you have a great visit!

Blondie
December 18th, 2012, 08:06 AM
May, it sounds as if everyone will be having a special Christmas! How very exciting!

Monique
December 18th, 2012, 08:41 AM
That is special. Have a wonderful visit.