PDA

View Full Version : DISHEARTENING EXPERIENCE

alliek
December 17th, 2012, 10:09 PM
WELL LADIES AND GENTS, I HAD MY PURSE ROBBED LAST NIGHT. WITH, YES, EVERYTHING IN IT, CHARGE CARDS, BANK CARDS, MEDICAL CARDS, LICENSE, KEYS ETC..... AND THE WORST PART:
I WAS IN CHURCH. OUR CHURCH DISPLAYS A HUGE CEDAR COVERED WITH HANDMADE 'CHRISMONS" FROM OVER SIXTY YEARS UP TO THE PRESENT, THEY ARE ALL SYMBOLIC AND TELL A STORY. THE CHURCH IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC TO COME IN VIEW THE TREE AND HAVE IT EXPLAINED, WHICH IS WHY WE (MY DH AND I) WERE THERE. MY PURSE WAS IN THE COAT CLOSET. WHEN I WENT TO LEAVE IT WAS GONE. I HOPE WHOEVER TOOK IT, REALLY NEEDED THE PALTRY SUM OF MONEY IN THERE. WHAT A SAD LIFE THAT PERSON HAS. I'LL GET OVER THIS AND MOVE ON BUT RIGHT NOW IT IS DISHEARTENING. :(

auntiemern
December 17th, 2012, 10:16 PM
This breaks my heart on so many levels. So sorry that your purse and all the contents were stolen, but to do something so awful in a church is just reprehensible. I hope you have notified, all your card holders, bank, as well as social security. I hope who ever it is gets caught. That is just beyond low.

madampolo
December 17th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I am so sorry. Not only is there a financial loss, but a big inconvenience to get everything replaced.

HandsOffItsMine
December 17th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I'm so sorry for you, to have that done to you at church is horrible. I don't take my purse into church any more, we lock it in the trunk of the car. We need to walk up to the altar for the Eucharist and I haven't felt comfortable for years to leave my purse at the pew any more. :(

It's the pain and hassle to report/replace all involved and the perp really has nothing to gain.

I feel for you. Hugs are in order. Ruby

Jean Sewing Machine
December 17th, 2012, 10:43 PM
That is such a sad story! I hope you can recover your cards and that the person who stole it doesn't take anything but money, I guess that is why it was stolen in the first place. And one week before Christmas, and IN CHURCH. It is reprehensible.

BellasQuilts
December 17th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Just downright wrong.

Kaytessa
December 18th, 2012, 12:00 AM
How sad. May God richly bless you in other ways.

MayinJerset
December 18th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Oh. that's awful and as others have said, in a church? Who goes to a church to steal something? Person must have really been in a bad place.

EnumclawGramma
December 18th, 2012, 12:29 AM
This is such a sad commentary on the ways of the world. I'm so sorry this happened to you. It really is a hassle remembering what cards you had and getting them shut off. My debit card was hacked a couple weeks ago and my bank was alerted because someone tried to make a purchase online in Amsterdam for $800 and it didn't match my spending habits! I forgot a couple auto deductions I needed to change. My block of the month is held up as a result. My SIL had all the money taken out of her purse at her wedding. It was in the dressing room. All the Honeymoon cash she had set aside. Ugh. I hope they find whoever did this to you. It's SO unsettling!

Jess1377
December 18th, 2012, 12:36 AM
That is just plain awful! Im so sorry to hear that happened to you, especially in church. Good luck with getting everything straightened out, I hope it goes smoothly for you.

lilmouse
December 18th, 2012, 12:58 AM
I am so sorry to hear of this...I would be so upset!

K. McEuen
December 18th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Sorry this happened to you.

Something you need to consider - they got your keys and your license - your locks on your house should probably be changed, as well as the locks on any vehicle they may have gotten keys for.

bec
December 18th, 2012, 01:05 AM
I feel for you. It is such a hassle to call the credit card companies, get license, and everything else. You don't realize how much of your life is in your purse until it is gone. I had mine stolen at a "parent's night" at school. We went to watch the marching band show off what they had been practicing for the Fall Contests. My purse was on the bleacher between my husband and myself. A lady behind us had a baby on her lap that kept wiggling and bumping us during the performance. There was a large diaper bag at the mother's feet. When we got up to leave, the person behind us was gone and so was my purse. The bleachers were not the kind that are open underneath so it couldn't have fallen underneath. I know this woman probably eased the purse off of the bleacher and into her diaper bag and we didn't notice because we had been getting bumped all through the program. We never really looked around to get a good look at her and wouldn't be able to prove she took it anyway. I was just sick. Since then I carry a purse that slings over my shoulder and neck and I watch it carefully.

It's sad that you can't trust people, especially this time of year when we are celebrating the birth of Jesus. Hope you get everything straightened out quickly.

Lisapc
December 18th, 2012, 01:58 AM
I suppose that all you can do in a situation like this is hope that the person who stole your purse needed it far more than you did. I lock my purse in the trunk almost everywhere I go unless I am shopping. Even then I never let it out of my hands. When I had babies I used to hide my wallet under their bottoms in the infant seat.

Blondie
December 18th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I am so disgusted by thievery in general but in church makes it even worse for some reason in my mind.
My thought has always been, if you need something I have, ask me. Chances are I will give you that last penny. But good grief, stealing?! After a recent bout with ID theft, I can understand.
So sorry.

Monique
December 18th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I am so sorry this has happened in Church just before Christmas.

Bubby
December 18th, 2012, 09:22 AM
I feel so badly for you...it's such an inconvenience and headache to notify everyone and replace your important cards, etc. The person who did this is really a sicko....in church!!! Hugs, Barb

csarina
December 18th, 2012, 11:48 AM
It is horrid when this happens. Many years ago when my eldest daughter was small I had ordered a bike for her for Christmas. I went to the baby clinic, my purse was in the void under where the baby lay. when I got to the shop to pay for the bike my purse was gone, someone had lifted the baby up and gotten into the void under and taken my purse, what was worse was I had only been in the clinic for a few minutes collecting something.

My daughter did get her bike, the shop keeper kindly allowed me to pay for it after Christmas, it made me so angry.

CrazyMtnLady
December 18th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I feel so sorry for you. I would check dumpsters in the area surrounding the church. Many times the thief will just take out the money, cards etc and then dump the rest in a dumpster, so you may get back your keys and other things. If not definitely change all your locks (the thief does have your address now).

My prayers are with you.

alliek
December 18th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks for all your warm wishes, it helps, believe me. As I said I will get through this and just pray that "other" consequences do not develop over this. Thanks again.

Sandy Navas
December 18th, 2012, 01:42 PM
My prayer is that some kind-hearted soul saw your purse, was suspect of someone walking away with it, and simply moved it to a safer area and simply forgot to mention to you where they had put it. That's my prayer!

janluna
December 18th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I had my wallet taken from my purse a few years back. They got $16.43. I found out if you report it and have a police report, you can get your drivers license reissued for free. Otherwise, you have to pay. Nothing like getting punished for being a victim. At any rate get a copy of the report so that you are not charged. And contact Social Security for a new card. Again the report helps, as the S.S. people are very suspicious of people asking for a card with a specific number. They are all into "Homeland Security" now, with good reason. And your bank will change your account number, as well as getting your credit cards with new numbers. So sorry this happened to you. It makes you feel so vulnerable, not to mention your trust has been shattered. Especially as it happened in Church, of all places. Saying prayers for you. Hugs, Jan L.