PDA

View Full Version : Thank You to my Special Friends who are Sisters of My Heart

Blondie
December 17th, 2012, 06:28 PM

This is to thank each Sister who sent me birthday greetings and gifties. And my birthday ain't until tomorrow! Ye gads, how wonderful! For the past few days, my mailbox has offered me the most precious, funny and touching cards I have ever received in my entire life. Anyone with a birthday in December, especially if you had parents like mine - who while they were the most loving folks in the world - never gave me a present, cake or even more than a "Christmas is in one week, you know" - like that meant more under the tree - which never happened - wellsir - I feel thoroughly spoiled! I thought I had arrived when my children were old enough to remember my birthday with cards and pressies and when I married my Luscious, he always makes me feel special - but now, well I am sitting here weeping thinking of how special each of you has made me feel. I am the luckiest girl in the whole wide world of the US of A. God bless y'all.

Roxanne
December 17th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I'm with you. My birthday is Wednesday and growing up I always felt slighted. If I asked for a party, I was told that it was too close to Christmas and I shouldn't expect anyone to get me a birthday gift. I always had a cake but still felt like my birthday just faded into Christmas. Any way, hope you have a good one!

MayinJerset
December 17th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Happy Birthday Blondie, Hope it's a Great One. May

My youngest son was born 12/19/1965 and growning up I made sure he always had a birthday cake, gifts and his favorites for dinner on his special day, just like I did for his older brothers.. I would always remind my family members because like your parents most of them thought one gift at Christmas was OK. It wouldn't have been so bad if they had made the Christmas gift extra special, it was the same Christmas gift all the kids got. Now that he has a family of his own and lives on the other side of the country I still make sure that there is a card and gift from DH and I arriving well before his Bday.

rebeccas-sewing
December 17th, 2012, 07:26 PM
That's so sad to hear, Roxanne! In my opinion, every child's birthday should be a special time of celebration. To me, birth is such a miracle and should never be overlooked. My birthday is Christmas Day. Fortunately, my parents didn't let that stand in the way of celebrating my birth. We would always have a special dinner on the dining room table Christmas Eve. There would be birthday cake and ice cream for dessert. Then I would get to open my birthday gifts. I always appreciated that my parents honored my birth separately from the birth of Jesus. That was always so fun for me to open gifts before everyone else. On Christmas morning there would be lots more gifts under the tree to celebrate Christmas! I've never regretted being a Christmas baby. Shame on your family!!! Roxanne, I hope you have a stupendous, and most fantastic birthday this year and all the years to come. If no one else does, go out and buy yourself something wonderful to celebrate the joy of life!!!

MayinJerset
December 17th, 2012, 07:26 PM
I'm with you. My birthday is Wednesday and growing up I always felt slighted. If I asked for a party, I was told that it was too close to Christmas and I shouldn't expect anyone to get me a birthday gift. I always had a cake but still felt like my birthday just faded into Christmas. Any way, hope you have a good one!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO R0XANNE AND ALL THE CHRISTMAS TIME BIRTHDAY GALS HERE ON THE FORUM. MAY

Cathy F
December 17th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Blondie,
You are so deserving of the all the cards and gifties you received! I love reading your morning thoughts and can't tell you how many mornings they put a smile on my face. I'd like to say a big thank you for organizing the Secret Santa sister swap this year and the time you give of yourself sewing the comfort quilts you are truly a caring person.

Happy Birthday to you tomorrow may your day be filled with nothing but joy and happiness!

Lisapc
December 17th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Blondie, I wish you and all the other Christmas Babies a happy, happy birthday! I really hope you never have a sad or "brushed under the Christmas tree" birthday again!

auntiemern
December 17th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Oh Blondie, I feel awful that I didn't know it was your b'day. Ya know I love ya. Hope that I can make it up to you before to long. But in the mean time HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU :)

Patrice
December 17th, 2012, 08:22 PM
God bless YOU Blondie! We love you and may you have a very beautiful day tomorrow :)

MRoy
December 17th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Happy Birthday tomorrow Blondie.

Today would have been my dad's birthday and Wednesday is my birthday. We always shared a cake on the 18th. People still tend to want to roll birthday and Christmas all into one gift. I guess I'm just glad to still be able to have birthdays so I don't let it bother me.

Sew Perfect
December 17th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Happy birthday to everyone who has one this month! Blondie, I have not been on this forum for too long, but I want you to know how much you brighten my days with your special greetings. ~ Misa

Kandycane
December 17th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Awwwww that's sad, my BFF when I was younger was born on Christmas to and she never got a party, extra gifts, bday card nothing except from my family we always gave her 2 gifts 1with a bday card and 1 with a Christmas card, it meant a lot to her. Blonde and Roxanne I hope you both have fantastic birthdays that are filled with love, joy and laughter. Just remember your special and so is the day god brought you into this world. You should celebrate your day as well as Jesuss' birthday. I pray that you celebrate the beautiful day of your birth as God would want you to. Xoxoxo

mamaquilt
December 17th, 2012, 08:39 PM
to all the quilting ladies on this forum who have their birthday this month.

A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL OF YOU from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and may all your wishes come true!

Michèle

pcbatiks
December 17th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Blondie...........you brighten all of our lives every day...........thanks for all you do for us......your forum friends! So Happy Birthday to you........and Happy Birthday to Roxanne, Rebecca and Myrna. Hope you all have a great birthday and a Merry Christmas!

Suzyq
December 17th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Happy happy birthday to all you December elves...l

Jean Sewing Machine
December 17th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Happy birthday, Blondie!, hope your day is wonderful!

My daughter's birthday is Dec. 26. She alwys got presents and usually got a cake ( well, maybe not lately!). She whined about it, but hey, you have to deal with the cards you are dealt! Right?

HandsOffItsMine
December 17th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Dear Blondie, Happy Birthday to YOU!

Even if it's a day early. lol Guess, I'll have to sing off key again tomorrow.

Love you, Don and Ruby

Bailey65
December 17th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I would like to wish all you December babies a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Monique
December 17th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Blondie, happy birthday, girlfriend.

Sandy Navas
December 17th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Well, I don't sing off key (unless I open my mouth), but we got to sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Li'l Sis today, and to Blondie in the morning, and to Roxanne, and to Myrna, and to Rebecca, and to anyone who has a December birthday. You are all very, very special in my book!!

Loonwatcher
December 17th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Oh Blondie, you so deserve it. And I know what you mean aboutDecember birthdays. Mine was on the eighth and although remembered as a child it was only quickly brushed over, the old too close to Christmas story.

Sandy Navas
December 17th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Oh, how did we miss Nancy's birthday?????

Happy BELATED (sadly) Birthday!!

Jackiejs
December 17th, 2012, 09:57 PM
My grandson's is the 21st... we have something special for him in June or July.. birthday cake and all.

Jess1377
December 18th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Aww, so glad you had a wonderful time and they brought a smile to your lovely face! :) My little Christmas present is my little boy Christian who will be 10 on the 22nd this month! We brought him home on Christmas morning (we were the only ones in the hospital having a baby at the time too!) and at the time we were stationed at Ft.Irwin, CA. Now we are celebrating his b-day in Ft.Sill OK 10 years later and since he is an only child we can make a big deal out of it. My b-day is in the beginning of January and know the deal with having your birthday so close to Christmas!

lilmouse
December 18th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Happy Birthday Blondie, there will be a little extra in with the COC quilt for you but it won't arrive in time for your BDay and I am sorry....time flew for me.....it will give you something to look forward to after the holidays....
Happy Birthday to all the other December Birthday gals....wishing you all many many more!!!

bec
December 18th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Awww... Happy Birthday, Blondie! Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow! Hugs. :)

wendyw1
December 18th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Happy Birthday Blondie, hope you have a great day and get spoilt rotten... xxx

Musical_Starling
December 18th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Happy Birthday Blondie!! :) A little birdie told me last week that it was your birthday, but a card couldn't make it from Newfie in time so I send an e-card instead that I hope will give you a little chuckle when you see it this morning :D

And happy birthday to all of our December babies here on the forum! My birthday was December 2nd, and my birthdays used to get snubbed too so I feel your pain lol Actually, worse for one of my sisters because her birthday is the 20th. Out of three girls, my parents had to throw one party a year (October for my other sis) so I think they got off lucky! lol

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMS1iMTA2ZWZjZTE2MGRhNWU3.png

phoots
December 19th, 2012, 02:37 AM
I have a nephew who's birthday is just after Christmas. Ever since he was born, my sister has made of point of always having Christmas gifts and birthday gifts, each in the appropriate paper! And she celebrated each day separately. She didn't want her son to miss out on either Christmas or his birthday!

Pam in Vegas