PDA

View Full Version : Two Months

phoots
December 17th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Can you all believe that it has been exactly two months since my Mom died. I woke up at about 3am this morning and that's all I could think about. I ended up getting up and putting a post on FB and then lying down on the sofa. I feel alseep somewhere around 5am and my BF woke me up at 7am. He was worried that I was sick or something. Am I crazy to feel like my Mom died years ago and not just two months? My BF, who lost his Mom to cancer about 20 yrs ago, said no. It's normal. Anyway, I keep myself as busy as I could, but I did take time to cry several times today. I really miss her so much.

Tonight I called my Dad to ask what he's doing for Christmas. He had talked about driving to Utah to see his brother and he had talked about spending some time in Phoenix. He told me that he would be home and he'd love to have me there. He was worried that this might cause problems with my BF, but I told him that BF and his son will enjoy the time together.

Thank you all for your prayers. I love you all!

Pam in Vegas

BTW - I'm still not working.

Lisapc
December 17th, 2012, 02:42 AM
I am sorry for your loss. I am glad that you are spending Christmas with your father. I wish my mother and I were as close as you seem to have been with your mother.

Merry Christmas!

auntiemern
December 17th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Perfectly normal. Everyone grieves differently. There is no wrong or right way. All you can do is take it one day at a time.

Musical_Starling
December 17th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Sometimes during grieving it seems like time moves in slow motion, and days seem like weeks. I went to my Nan's funeral last year and I was gone for a weekend. It felt like a month. And there are times when it feels like it was only yesterday. Every day you will probably feel different about it, and that's perfectly normal. Even 14 years after losing my uncle there are times when I still break down in tears, and other days I laugh and giggle because he was such a charmer. Just take it one day at a time, because you never know what that day will bring.

Sew Perfect
December 17th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Pam, I am sorry you've lost your mother. Yes, it is normal for you to feel like you do. I went through the same thing when my Grandma passed away.

lilmouse
December 17th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Glad to hear from you; enjoy your Christmas with your Dad; however you grieve it is normal...sorry to hear you still aren't working! Will continue to hold you up in prayer! Hugs, Susie

CrazyMtnLady
December 17th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Hope you have a nice Christmas with your Dad.

Your grieving is very normal as the others have said. There are days when I wake up and feel the pain of losing my Mom (39 years ago) and my late husband (14 years ago next month) On those days I pray and ask God to give me the strength to get through the day and he always gets me through. I will keep you in my prayers.

Monique
December 17th, 2012, 10:51 AM
We just passed the 5th Anniversary of my Mom's passing. It doesn't seem that long ago that I said good-bye. Time has a way of flying by.

Have a wonderful Christmas with your Dad.