PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning

Renate
December 16th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Hi all together,

I wish you all a wonderful, sewful, successful, tasty, warm and protected Sunday!

many regards from Switzerland
Renate

CountryHut
December 16th, 2012, 07:24 AM
~*waving~~~~~

morning

Diane :\

bkthomas
December 16th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Good Sunday Morning Renate! I am up very late, but that's OK......

toggpine
December 16th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Good Morning!

I'm finally headed to bed. (It must be a Cathy/Kathy thing!) I wish it had been an all-night sewing bender, but it was more dratted computer work. Bah Humbug on that!

Big Sunday morning hugs to all who check in while I'm catching some of my 40 winks!

Cathy

Musical_Starling
December 16th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Good morning all! Like the two K/Cathy's I've been up all night as well lol Finished off the twister wreath, made a minkee scarf, and now on to a Dresden plate. *sigh* I will finish, I WILL! lol Plus dealing with a puss recovering from her spay surgery, so it's been a full night but I'm still good for another few hours :D

HdWench
December 16th, 2012, 08:46 AM
ohh Good Morning all, I've been up all night as well! Glad to see I'm with such good company :-) almost 5 am so I'm quitting in 1 hour then sleep! Have a great day all that wake up later

MayinJerset
December 16th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Should have checked in here around 4:30 am because I was awake. Did get back to sleep for 4 hours, a biggie for me, so while DH is making coffee I'll write Today's To Do List. I do that most days and if I accomplish half of the list that's something. Tree is up and new string of white lights fills the whole tree beautifully, so this morning I'll decorate the tree and put some gifts under it. First I'll get a load of laundry going and start veggie meatball soup to cook away while I trim the tree. Won't bore you with rest of the list because it's chores that have been on it all week long. Once our tree it done it really will feel like Christmas is coming.

Want to finish at least one twin quilt this week for Food Pantry to give out as a Christmas gifts to Sandy survivors, have a lap size one done but wish I had time to make a few more.

Cathy, thanks for the pumpkin cooking advice, I'll send it along to my DGD later this morning. May

Sandy Navas
December 16th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I'm just peeking in for a short bit to see what everyone is doing. I know when I offered to help my friend with this sale that I should truly listen when she said not once, not twice, not thrice, but often: "It's hard work." Now, mind you, I am definitely NOT AFRAID of hard work - but she was right. Today is my last day with the sale (they have clean-up tomorrow and while I would love to help with that I have a prior engagement that I can't break). Today is half-price day so we'll be busy, busy, busy I'm sure.

To each and everyone of you - have a wonderful day. May there be peace in the world!!

Granny Judy
December 16th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I am UP... heater at my feet.. trying to decide what to put on my To-Do List. Thankfully we haven't had freezing weather here. Furnace guy comes tomorrow to put in the new one!! Yippee!!

I started a ruffled scarf..knitting it. Basically it is as wide as a normal scarf..but twice as long since ONE side is where you gather it tightly to form those ruffles. I would have crochet it, but the yarn is very thin and fuzzy.. I can't keep track of the stitches when I get a "fuzzy/frilly" skein of yarn. So far I have used 4 small skein and have 4 more to go before I "ruffle" it.

Got 10 blocks done on the Harley quilt.. It all goes on the design board today so I can figure how many more "blocks" I need. And designing how it should all go together..

That and keeping warm should make for a full day.. Prayers going out to all who are in need... you know who you are and so doesn't our Lord..

buckeyequilter
December 16th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Good morning...

I've been up for awhile. I'm working on my DD's quilt and hope I get it finished up before Christmas. Then I'm going to put DH's wall hanging on the frame and try to get that finished up too. I have packages to wrap that will wait for another day. But for today it's quilting.

Well back at it. Have a wonderful day. Prayers and hugs to all.

meemeecyn
December 16th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Good morning. Renate, how do you pronounce your name? I bet it sounds beautiful! Boy, several of you were up real late. Quilters are a tough bunch. Sandy, was there any sewing stuff in that sale? You sure have been working hard!

My kids are coming over soon to pick me up to drive north. I'm taking the oldest (6) to see The Nutcracker while Mommy/Daddy/youngest will go out to eat. Snow is predicted. :( In fact, we have flurries now. I made a big pot of chowder for them to take home for dinner in case we have more of the white stuff. Hey, in New England we expect it, but were getting spoiled as it hadn't really snowed yet.

Have a great day everyone!
Cynthia

CrazyMtnLady
December 16th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Good morning all. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.
We had a beautiful day yesterday with the temperature in the 60s, so I did almost all my laundry. I haven't moved my washer from the outdoor pavillion yet to inside the garage tent so I was happy to have such a nice day to do laundry. But one of my clotheslines broke :( Will have to put up a new one. I have 2 loads to finish up today. It is to be in the 60s again.
DH was gone all day yesterday and came home with goodies. He bought me an early Christmas present. I know a lot of you don't like appliances and such but I am tickled pink. I now have a beautiful Red 7 quart Crock Pot that I can't wait to use. I think I will get the Ham bones out of the freezer and make some Ham and Beans. He also brought home a small bottle of Merlot wine for me. :)

Happy Sunday.
Hugs and prayers to all. May God hold those in need in his healing light.

auntiemern
December 16th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Good day all. The plan for the day is to finish decorating the inside of the house. DH brought up boxes full of Christmas decorations last night. He is leaving for part of the day, so I should be able to gt most of it done while he is gone. (can't manage to do anything when he is here). After that I NEED to get the other teacher tote done. Off to check the other posts. Hugs and Blessings to all, and prayers for those with need. Guess the whole country is in need actually. We are a broken and devastated country. :(

Lisapc
December 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I spent yesterday decorating the family room with my son and then indulged in a good book. I stayed up untill 1am to finish that book. So today I slept until 10:30. Hubby is a dream, had my coffee ready and made him and the boy a big breakfast. I just came in from brushing the dogs. I got barely a brush full from my male and enough from my female to make a new dog. So in my spoil me mode that I really feel I need I am off for a bubble bath and sewing. I will do nothing besides put a pork roast in the oven, make a batch of fudge and sew all day and into tonight. The hours are clicking down and I have way too many Christmas gifts to finish. I won't even go into the present shopping I have to finish before Friday.

I wish you all a peaceful and productive Sunday!

Suzyq
December 16th, 2012, 02:43 PM
hi lisapc, what book did you just finish reading? I'm an avid reader and always on the lookout for good books to,share with my book study group....please and thanks,

Lisapc
December 16th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Suzyq- I just finished reading Origin in Death by J.D. Robb aka Nora Roberts. She is my guilty pleasure and this one was set in the future. Sorry but I don't think it is book club material. It is "Lisa material" when I feel the need to escape from the real world. This is actually an old book as well but my Dad and I trade books all the time and this is one I bought him years ago. He wouldn't read Nora Roberts and when I found out she wrote under this other name I started him on the J.D. Robb books.

Nora Roberts and Dean Coonz(?) are my favorites!

Madeforyouinma11
December 16th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Good afternoon everyone...
I too was up sewing until 4:30. I have the top to my snowball quilt all ready for borders. I will post pics a little later when I get back into the sewing room. I need to run to the grocery store. I went yesterday but forgot a few things that never made it on to my list..ugh! Then I have to run to Kohls to use up $20 in Kohls cash that expires after today.
I am hoping to cut out and put together 2 table runners today that I need for Saturday, then if that goes well, I need three more by New Years Eve. I have to finish both of my quilts by Jan 5.... That does not include the meatballs I need to make for Friday, and a couple more dishes that I need to cook for Saturday's party....I can do this..I don't need to sleep..I'm not stressing, not worth the time and energy.
Well, I'm off to get things done. Could be another all nighter, but I don't care, I'm a night owl and accomplish so much more at night than during the day.
Have a great everyone!
Prayers to everyone. Special thoughts and prayers go out to Newtown, Conn.

lilmouse
December 16th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Hi Everyone, haven't accomplished a thing except to take the dog out for a run and ran into a friend who also quilts among many other crafts and shared a pattern with her so she could use up all of her fabric laying around....and then showed her a diagram of my setup.
I have the "crud" that is going around....you know the runny nose, watery eyes, and sneezing and coughing stuff! Wish I knew what I could take to kick this.....too much stuff out there! Will try to do a little sewing later...think I will be heading to the clinic for help with this again!

shannonsaulter
December 16th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Hi all good afternoon..slept in a bit and now getting ready for work...Hope everyone is having a great day!

toggpine
December 16th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Hi everybody!

May - I have some things to add to the pumpkin cooking adventure. It tastes delicious in the bread & muffins I made this morning. I ran the pulp through the Squeezo and then the more fibrous stuff through the food processor. There were still some fibers in the strained stuff. In breads & muffins you will never notice. In pies, you might. I would recommend that if you want the same consistency you get in the commercially canned product you run it all through the food processor.

Back to the paper/computer work. Bah!

Cathy

MayinJerset
December 16th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the pumpkin cooking update, I'll be email DGD Mary later and will include the latest. May