PDA

View Full Version : Back home safe and sound.

Lonna
December 15th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Was so excited the whole weekend off! What all I could get done a little laundry, a little house cleaning and most of all time in my sewing room. Work on Waynes Big Star quilt panel for the back of his recliner (purple and gold with LSU fabric). Oh how the best laid plans get waylaid. Got that first load of laundry going sat down for a few. Then got up put on a cup of coffee, emptyed the dishwasher, fixed some toast and eggs for Wayne, cooked a couple of eggs for Sue, then fixed my toast and egg poured me a cup of coffee. Got to feeling really bad sat down in my chair for a few mins. Chest was hurting, couldn't breath, crying from hurting so bad. Gave in and let Wayne take me to the ER. Walked though the door and heart beat was racing over 200 beats per minutes. Once back 15 years ago had the same thing happen to me and they kept me in ICU for three days. And I just could not stand the thought of that again. I have to much going on in my life for that. Well they treated me for Tachycardia ran an ekg, and a CAT took xrays said no heart damamge. Wanted to keep me for a stress test but just could not handle spending the weekend and monday in that hospital. Feeling much better other then sore feeling like I have been hit by a Mac truck. Will take it easy the rest of this weekend. So now that I have had a wakeup call I need to work at getting about 80ls off this body and taking better care of me. So dear sisters I know I will need help, encourgment, and sometimes a good swift kick in the pants to reach my weight loss goals. Thank you all for ready through this long poor pittyful me post. But this is what is going on in my life right this moment.

Divine Daisy
December 15th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Lonna.....we will do it together! Reaches out my hand........'come on, lets take the leap!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

bkthomas
December 15th, 2012, 08:59 PM
:icon_woohoo:I will cheer you on!!!!

bopeep
December 15th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I am glad you are better....
You are in my Prayers.........
You can do this.....we will be here for you.....
bopeep

auntiemern
December 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM
So glad to hear you are ok. That is very scary. I know you can do, and we will all be here to help and encourage. Now DO take it easy the rest of the week end.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Me too! Need to take off the 30 pounds I added since last Christmas, which had been on the Christmas before! Just a few french fries and sandwiches later, and those pounds are back!

I'm glad you are OK Lonna. My hubs had tachycardia spells a few times, and it was very scary for him and for me. But they fixed him up quickly, except for the 5 hours in the ER each time! Hope you are going to not have to battle this again any time soon.

Stress? What stress? Only a sick husband and work and Christmas looming in 9 days! Please, take it easy, dear!

Suzyq
December 15th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Lonna, I'm here for you!!! Here, reach out and we'll all grab your hands in support and encouragement... Don't think of it as 80 pounds, perhaps look at it instead as losing weight in small increments. Won't be so daunting that,way... Take it easy this,weekend and keep us posted on how you progress....hugs

pcbatiks
December 16th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Lonna...........so glad you are okay..........that was scary. Please make sure you rest this weekend........maybe read a relaxing book. Cheering you on.......I need to be exercising too............something is wrong with my closet..........some of my clothes have shrunk.........stupid closet! :D

cyndiofthevortex
December 16th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Lonna, that sounds so very scary. I'm sorry you went through so much pain and anxiety. Don't you hesitate to go back to that ER if you need to! I hope you can get some rest the next few days. You need some time to recover so go easy on yourself! I'd bring by some chicken soup for you if I could, except I stink at making soup and you live too far away. But isn't it the thought that counts? Or so they say. I'd sure help you if I could.

Musical_Starling
December 16th, 2012, 12:50 AM
You know we are all here to help and support you Lonna honey, without a doubt :) When it comes to weight loss, I like my Mom's way of thinking: every 5 lbs is another bag of sugar you don't have to drag around. Glad to hear you're okay! Take a little break, maybe a visit to the "mountains", but remember to wait until they're blue! ;) Prayers and hugs coming your way!

HandsOffItsMine
December 16th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Lonna, Don and I are so happy to hear you're ok! Please rest up this weekend and maybe even take Monday off too. You need to take care of yourself, you've been under alot of stress taking care of Wayne and your folks, plus your brother.

I know how hard it is to take off weight, it's been a struggle since the car accidents and the steroid meds. If you can start with cutting out some of the carbs and sugars, you will see an improvement in how your body feels and the weight/inches start to come off. That way you also don't feel like you're starving yourself. I was able to drop 40 lbs this year that way even with all the stress I've been going through. :)

We're all here for you, we'll be your cheerleaders!

Huggers, Ruby and Don

Lonna
December 16th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Thank you all for your love I can feel it through your words. I know my go to comfort foods are all carbs and sugars so I need to step way from them. That will make a big diffrence in how I feel. Dee can't wait to take a trip to those Mountains just need to make a little trip to get them and let them turn "blue" . But then again a few more carbs there then I need. Wonder about some nice red wine? Off to take me a small walk around the yard then try to work on the little quilt that I am working on for Wayne. Have a great day Ladies.

Musical_Starling
December 16th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Thank you all for your love I can feel it through your words. I know my go to comfort foods are all carbs and sugars so I need to step way from them. That will make a big diffrence in how I feel. Dee can't wait to take a trip to those Mountains just need to make a little trip to get them and let them turn "blue" . But then again a few more carbs there then I need. Wonder about some nice red wine? Off to take me a small walk around the yard then try to work on the little quilt that I am working on for Wayne. Have a great day Ladies.

There are no carbs in any alcoholic drinks or in chocolate. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it :D